• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 9,638 Views, 676 Comments

Trixieverse 2/Rarity's Worst Day Ever - Applejinx



Sequel to "Trixie's Magic Bit"! The romance troubles are back, with a vengeance!

Comments ( 104 )

An' that completes Rarity's Worst Day Ever. Thank y'all.
:ajsleepy::rainbowderp: (hugging AJ protectively)

In all seriousness. I am very satisfied with this. More than makes up for what I felt was lacking in the previous chapter. Dash's thoughts... yeah. God. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

Out of curiosity, do you have any plans to continue the trixieverse? I don't have to tell you just how much I enjoy seeing your Appledash :D

Absolutely amazing. Thank You, for your continuing adherence to quality story telling.

Pinkie Pie glowered at nothing. "The things I'll do for love..."
She gave Bran a shove.

Magnificent. Absolutely so.
assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif
And yet, I can't help but feel Luna needs some closure herself.

Aaaand you did it again. I don't know how you write this good, but it's amazing. You're amazing.

1167746

Luna got Closure... closure in her room for a few centuries :twilightsheepish:

In all seriousness, Fantastic happy ending, it almost seemed like we weren't going to get there for a while, but we managed it. Good job everypony! Give yourselves a round of applause, you've earned it.

Somehow I knew Trixie and Rarity would end doing something together. I'm just glad Twilight's okay with it xD

The way Twilight's clueslessness denies Rarity (and Trixie, but mostly Rarity here) the help they need is heartwrenching.

Loved it, it was just marvelous truly it was but you NEED to write an epilogue to this where its after Rainbow and Fluttershy have their babies and everyone is all :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: or else we will all be :fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

That was so fucking good.

I knew Rarity was gonna end up where she was.

I hope the Twi/Rare/Trix thing gets renewed every year :raritywink: Another great story. Can't wait to read whatever else you decide to write.

Okay, first, LOVED THIS STORY AND THE ONE BEFORE IT!!!!
Second, I definitely want to see where the babies' stories go, as well as the Twixity threesome.:twilightsmile::raritystarry::trixieshiftleft:

1168238>>1169822
Not sure a jump all the way to then would be good. Something else, leading up to the birth perhaps would be best, with an epilogue or some chapters covering the growth of the foal :)

Of course, this is all up to applejinx~

Okay, the Twi/Trix/Rare threesome is awesome, yet somehow adorable, and I want to see more of that! It seems darkly sweet :3

Near perfect, really wanted some stuff on Luna, like Celestia pretending to come in to Lunas' room to punish her only to teach Luna that she knew about THAT kind of love the hard way, maybe add Rarity in there too. Princest ftw! :trollestia:

Ugh. My soul.. its was crushed, re-built, crushed, then built back up, given a good home with love, then crushed with that same love. :raritydespair:

I really hadn't been expecting Rarity to end up where she is - as much as she loves to wallow in shame, she also seems to enjoy domming too much to go super-sub.

But damn I love this story. For as much as you tie my heartstrings into a pretzel (better watch out, Bon-Bon'll get cross if she can't untie her next time!), it always ends up in happy places.

Happy, sweat-and-tear-and-sex drenched places.

Right where it belongs. ^^

There are way to much unresolved issues here.
Pinkie and Fluttershy still don't know that Rainbow already gave her wings away and are thus still silently judging her.
Will Rarity be able to mingle in public in a normal manner ever again?
Why did the bit that Rainbow used with the Diamond Dog disappear?
Did Twilight and Trixie make more, non-faulty, bits?
Do Rarity and Big Mac ever find another lover?
Why didn't Rainbow tell AJ what Big Mac was planning to do before RD had sex with him?
Will Applejack continue to be girly all the time or will that go back to bedroom activities?

I dub that threesome... Twixity! :trixieshiftright::twilightsmile::duck: Awesome story, and a worthy continuation to TMB. Can't wait to see where you take it next. dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Lyra_dealwithit.png

You put my heart through hell, but in the end gave me tears of joy.

Only now do I understand. I was so obvious. It is so obvious now. The very job of a writer - to torture their characters in order to provoke their audience. A happy ending is the release from the torture, the literal and figurative climax. In your literature you not only entertain, you teach, and now I see that. No, not precisely teach. You train. I have only one thing to say to such a multilevel, meta-level, complex, brilliant genius.

Thank you Mistress.

Thank you, everypony- and now for the revealing of the hints that weren't spelled out explicitly:
Obviously Dash was pregnant by Applejack/Big Mac. I'm warming to the idea that a pony spirit is formed through the magic of the pegasus and her wingplayer- meaning that AJ and Pinkie literally are passing on their spirits to their progeny. Of course, the foals' bodies will be inheriting traits from Big Mac too (don't know if we're talking a giant hulking baby, though)
Of course the five words were 'Let's have jes' the one?', revealing that AJ accepted her new role.
And the fun one- ONE of these words was deemed 'incorrect' and I confirmed all the others. Nobody quite got it...
"I predict Twilight makes them both her kinky love slaves"
The word to change is 'them', which implied it would be Luna and Trixie. In fact it ends up being Trixie and Rarity- so technically 'them' could still have worked, but substitute 'Trixie and Rarity' out of the blue there (Rarity was with AJ at the time, and being stalliony!) and that's literally what happened, with maybe-kinda-Celestia's-blessing, too.

Shrinky Frod once revealed the big secret of the NEXT book. I won't tell you in which post.
There's a pony out there (who hasn't been writing me as he's busy with his own exceptional pony-fics) who still can ask any one question, though he doesn't post here. But I'd be okay with it if he did, even if he revealed what he learned- because it's all about HOW you get there.
:heart:

Well that was just incredible. I mean, I thought the first one was good, but this is something else.

I loved every word of both of these wonderful books :heart: I do hope you write more, your style is exquisite. :raritywink:

My problem with this book (and honestly, given how everybody else reacted, I think it really was MY problem, so there's no need for alarm) was RD's pregnancy. She turns Little Miss Exposition for a while in the beginning there, when she's done fucking Big Mac, explaining both how pegasus ovulation works, and how, in this case, there was no damn way she was getting pregnant...and that she'd been actively trying to avoid that. Then the last few chapters reveal that, actually, this thing which she made certain of, this thing she went to great lengths to make sure Big Mac knew would NOT happen....had happened.

So when everybody else was going 'Is RD pregnant with Mac's foal?' (or AJ's foal, really, but you know what I mean...) I was going 'of course not, you sillybillies! RD explained that couldn't happen earlier! Golly, can't any of you read?' and when that did happen, I was more like '...Really? :ajbemused:'

I'd like to say it was because I had a hard time believing RD would be so protective of her wings, have such an intimate knowledge of them and the workings of pegasus ovulation, and still say 'Nah, this is fine' as Mac is making her pregnant. I'd LIKE to say it's because we see her fret and fuss over the idea that a diamond dog impregnated her (which she knows is impossible), while she never considers the possibility of being pregnant by Mac, consciously or unconsciously.

But I think the truth is that I just don't like it when a book 'lies' to me :p To have something established as not happening, and never have it referred to again at all, and then suddenly 'oh no, that DID happen'...it knocked me for a loop. My problem, like I said, but I wondered if anybody else felt a little 'odd' about the whole thing (I doubt it, though!).

1227900
I'm sorry about that- it was by FAR the biggest 'chekhov's gun' of the whole book, where I wanted there to be a constant fuss over whether it was the Diamond Dog that got her pregnant, or whether it was just feather flu- all that nausea, the panic over the Diamond Dog, and this one very simple explanation. I'm hopin' that for at least some ponies it came as a bolt of lightning kind of revelation and they experienced the shock of recognition right along with Dashie- I'm sorry if it didn't work for you :ajsleepy:
One thing about Dash with Big Mac was that moment where she gets real savage and orders him NOT to TOUCH the WINGS. She is soooo deadly serious, but she's made a tragic mistake (that she's lucky turned out so well- but I guess that hey, ponies, of course love prevailed)

Took me a god-damn while, but I got here eventually.

I've always enjoyed sappy and I could take a lesson from you. Everything I ever loved about your AJ and Dash came back here. They laid open their hearts, they showed each other every single interesting, lovable, heartbreaking aspect you wrote into them. You often call me your "Rainbow Dash reader" or whatever, and I'm surprised by how much I love how much you DIDN'T write her like I would. She veers way, way away from anything you'd expect if you read this chapter in a vaccum--if you hadn't watched her hurt, watched her desperation and her unfailing loyalty (which, now that I think about it, is a pretty great callout to the fact that not everyone knows what it means for her to be Loyalty) she would seem horribly OOC.

But that's not the Rainbow Dash that's here. This is the Rainbow Dash that was born from analysis and became something that YOU know and love.

Hmm. You've got a bad habit of getting tell-y with AJ. I can tell it's because those unexpected, death-of-the-author analysis angles you've written into her are dearly close to your heart. While I do mean that as criticism--it's one of those things that, as you say, can be 'leveled up' in because it's often really tough--I'm also not unhappy that you laid out the deeply human qualities of AJ's upbringing and personal identity.

This chapter was everything I wanted it to be. It had balls-to-the-wall fetish action. It had the AppleDash resolution and redemption that somepony what's-his-face was all but demanding what with their openly bad decisions all over the place. It had um Fluttershy still not being a character that I personally get very strongly, but there you go.

You've been an inspiration to me from the start. I waver sometimes in my fanboying of your work but just like Dashie herself I won't take back how excited I was when I first read "Party Girl" and I won't ever deny the fact that TMB was as big as any of the other factors that started me writing ponyfic. By extension, I guess that means TMB made me start thinking I want to really develop myself as a writer and make it my thing. That... am I saying that TMB affected my identity and outlook on life? Jesus, I guess I am.

Chatoyance said it, but I frame it differently. She's surprised by your ability to make clop emotional and your ability to understand real emotion so well; I'm in love with how true of a spirit comes through in those things. You're able to write that way because it's so important to you. The way you talk about them like they've got minds of their own inside your head is a symptom of your need for them to be the breathing, heartbreakingly real characters that you want to write and that captivated Chatoyance so much.

Far be it for me to put words in your mouth, though, if I'm wrong in any way. I'm just an overenthusiastic little pony.

AJ would be proud. Well, if it were you talking, you'd say that she is.

Holy sweet Empress HOW many words did I just gush? I need to go lie down. And meditate on why I talk to you so damn much but find it so hard to plug at my own million words of mastery.

I want to thank you for two things in this. Well, technically three, but writing an excellent story and wrapping up the conflicts was to be expected from the start, so let's stick with the two big ones.

First, thank you for writing Rainbow Dash as you did. You wrote her in a way that perfectly displayed why I love her as much as I do, as well as why I am so proud of the parallels I draw between her and myself. Of particular note was the section with the four travelling in dragon territory, and Rainbow's distraction in the cave. These were small sections, and hardly critical ones to the story, but these brief glimpses into Rainbow's mind gave me some of the biggest smiles of the entire story. I'm just so damn proud of her, and I greatly appreciate every writer who sees that same thing in her.

Second, I want to thank you for Applejack, primarily her final scene. I've never really understood AJ, and I've never really gotten AppleDash. I get this. You, uniquely among all authors I've read, found the right notes between AJ and Dash to make them a believable and likable ship. Beyond that though, the last scene with AJ revealing the feather really caught me off-guard. I knew that she still had it, and what it meant to her, but I didn't understand how much it would hurt her to admit that she kept it. It almost made me feel like I'd been missing cues for it while reading, or just ignoring the possibility of her being hurt by it. On reflection though, maybe that was your intent. So good was Applejack at hiding her pain and weakness that even the readers couldn't see it. With most authors I'd think it was just an omission. You're clever enough that I'd believe you did it on purpose.

I will say that the resolution of Luna's actions felt a little rushed and shallow. Also harsh. Three and a half centuries of house arrest? She spent one thousand years isolated from society, yet everypony thinks that another few centuries in her room will help mellow her out? She needs help and love to get over her current issues, not a time-out. Her stated intentions were never even properly explained to Twilight and the others, basically giving no chance for resolution between them. Celestia basically just announced 'You will never see her again' and they were all okay with that. She deserves better.
[Edit] Minor amendment after rereading the previous chapter: Yes, Celestia does say that she plans to help Luna work through how to love ponies without overly controlling them, which is mostly what Luna needs. That just doesn't seem like enough without some sort of direct resolution with the ponies she hurt. (At the risk of some headcanon insertion) Luna was touched by the Elements of Harmony, both the magical devices and their pony bearers. That makes these ponies important figures to her, and the closest thing she has to friends on her return. Removing them entirely from her life seems counterproductive at best.

1262811

Beyond that though, the last scene with AJ revealing the feather really caught me off-guard. I knew that she still had it, and what it meant to her, but I didn't understand how much it would hurt her to admit that she kept it. It almost made me feel like I'd been missing cues for it while reading, or just ignoring the possibility of her being hurt by it. On reflection though, maybe that was your intent. So good was Applejack at hiding her pain and weakness that even the readers couldn't see it. With most authors I'd think it was just an omission. You're clever enough that I'd believe you did it on purpose.

Wellll... maybe you missed some of WHY you knew she had it? In 'Caterwaul', I did spell it out. I had it 'as if' because it was part of Applejack's terrible conflict- that was the morning after she'd wept bitterly as Granny sang her to sleep. She's in unbelievable pain, hating Big Macintosh, hating Dash, and all the same...

Tucked under the pillow, barely visible and entirely overlooked, lay one blue feather. It peeked out as if furtively hiding- or as if it had been furtively hidden, that morning, by a sorely conflicted mare who could not help sneaking up to her room with the unexpected treasure, and concealing it before returning to her cleaning.
There was a reason she could not resist doing this, though she'd cursed herself bitterly for it.
The concealed blue feather was faintly scented of the soft, silky, cerulean undercoat that itself was concealed beneath Rainbow Dash's coarse chromatic mane. She'd had no chance in the face of that.
Across the fields, Applejack stubbornly labored on.

She hated herself for it, desperately wanted to move on from what she saw as her fantasy (of what turned out to be the reality- her imagined betrayer Dash was the real fantasy!) but she cursed herself as well as Mac and Dash. It was never a secret that she was torturing herself with that feather and its little scent of Rainbow Dash (it didn't even smell like sex- it smelled like the secret vulnerable Dash she no longer believed in). She even sniffs for it when she digs it out of the saddlebag, and it hits her like a ton of bricks that it turned out not to be a bitter fake fantasy after all.

Clever? I think you mean 'incorrigibly romantic about appledash'. "She'd had no chance in the face of that". Her love could never die no matter how stubbornly she tried to bury it. And you bet she did. Thank goodness Dashie loves her back, is all I gotta say.

As for Luna? Time's different for an alicorn, and the wonderful writing of other great ponywriters has made me aware of how interesting it is to depict what it's really like for them to love mortals. You're seeing some of that. She really has done things that can't be un-done- Twi in particular will never be comfortable around the alicorn who fully intended to take the love of her life away. For Twi, Trixie is an equal and somepony to grow old with- to Luna, they're both like pet mice- how many generations pass in even a thousand years? The alicorns really do have a different perspective. Three hundred and fifty years is like being grounded for several months- it was a very serious crime, kidnapping a mortal pony into sexual slavery in order to socially engineer another one that's Celestia's special favorite. In part it was because Celestia's serious about allowing them initiative and freedom, and boom, there's Luna controlling them without batting an eyelash, thinking only of her own needs and those of Celestia.

However- there's a whole other book being written now, and fall is coming on, and Luna's ceremonial appearance as Nightmare Moon will take place. Whatever gives you the idea that Luna's story is over within Trixieverse? :trollestia:

1228927

With all the people you've made happy with this story, it's silly to say sorry to me over it! I loved loved loved nearly every moment of this. You've touched my heart in a very special way with this story, and many others! Never say sorry, ever ever ever, because, wow! <3 You're like...my favourite writer ever! Woo!

1264345
If Terry Pratchett wrote about ponies (especially kinky ponies) you'd soon change your tune! :rainbowlaugh:

Since he won't, I will keep on humbly tryin' to fill in... :ajsmug:

Can't believe I missed this, TMB was great and I loved it, now I gotta go read the next one and OMG yay!:yay:

1169373 This, this, a thousand trillion times this!

And thus ends another masterwork. :fluttercry:

I suppose my perspective is different, having marathoned the whole thing in one sitting. As soon as Dash starting becoming ill, I put 2 and 2 together to get 5. I admit, I did not see Celestia coming (to the cave). That was quite brilliant. I so was absolutely devastated when AJ kicked Dash out, I couldn't stop reading until they got back together.

One thing and one thing alone troubles me. After all the fuss that Twilight made over the Mark Twos fizzling, to have a Mark Three fizzle out but no further exploration of that was a bit distressing. (Granted that RD wasn't exactly in a fit state to talk about it and Trixie's plight began shortly thereafter.) Also: What became of Fluttershy's Mark Three? RD's had fizzled, Lyra's showed up on magic-radar, Twilight's was located like a beacon and Rarity's was the control, but that leaves one unaccounted for.

Never the less, an exquisite literary ride. Onto foaling!

1290799
That move by Trixie was my favorite part of the whole chapter- I live for stuff like that. :rainbowkiss:
Thing is, we SAW Trixie do exactly that. We knew it didn't require Twilight's effort because it was explained that the meld worked like it was Trixie's abilities but with Twilight's raw power to draw on, and nothing said Twi had to be aware to do it. So even though ponies got real upset with me that Twi lost to Luna- and the thing is, she was going Dark Twi to do it, which is bad- there was no way I couldn't play the scene out that way, because WHAT a crazy last-moment dramatic save, and it totally was all set up in advance, it's just that nopony saw it coming.

And folks miss the key part- that it was Trixie begging for help from Princess Celestia rather than scorning her. Even more importantly, it was Princess Celestia taking in the situation at a glance and instantly overcoming her mistrust of Trixie and coming to her aid, whole-heartedly. It resolved the whole 'Trixie and Celestia hate each other' thing and that was the most important thing to come out of the chapter.

Fluttershy's bit is sitting on a knick-knack shelf in her house, ignored. She has Pinkie, she doesn't need a fake stallion. Yes, that situation is fraught with possibilities but I'm not sure if they're dramatic or comedic. I have a feeling that there are some devastatingly funny possibilities there.

1290837

Oh no, Trixie begging for help came through loud and clear here. I didn't expect she'd summon Celestia again to fix the situation, but when she did and called her Princess and asked for her help, that's when I knew everything would work out. It just goes to show how resourceful she is and that her love for Twilight really is genuine, despite her little kinks.

Finally got around to finishing this. As expected, I was :pinkiegasp::unsuresweetie::trixieshiftright::twilightoops::rainbowhuh::pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy::rainbowderp::applejackconfused::pinkiesmile:

Oh ya, and now I feel weird about eating Applejacks (the cereal).

Damn this story had me dangling off my seat!
It was so good I almost have nothing to say except...

- You really found a way to inflate some stupid mistakes into full fledged out-of-proportion drama.(I know that can be seen as both negative and positive)
- The whole thing with Luna rather urks me... Not much explanation on what the fuck was going through her mind other than the fact that she really
wanted some Lulamoon lovin'.
- And personally, I find that Luna's excuse for kidnapping Trixie simply because she caught them behaving the way they were in a
rather private act was really poor.(As in... 'Protecting Twilight's innocence'... Hah! I call bullshit!)

But yeah!
media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7widSnai1qzwelr.gif (Over used but oh well)
And to think there is a third I still have to read!

I know I'm a little late to this... oh well

Anyway, I was going to leave a negative comment about how I read through this thinking that everyone was too dramatic and the pacing was off and many ponies were OOC, etc. but then I realized, I happily read through this whole thing, so I guess I do like it :rainbowhuh:

I'm just glad you included Twixie, that's the main reason I can think of for liking this.

1435309
Well, this WAS the one where AJ and Dash got bent WAY outta shape from the start and the whole book is them getting back to who they really are deep down inside, so you might think of 'em as tormented out of character by lost love? Some folks don't hold with shipping mane 6 with each other at all, in which case none of these books can get off the ground :rainbowlaugh:

I'm glad you had fun with it! Yes, RWDE is pretty hyper dramatic. But it's all to set up that ending. I wanted to do a mega-dramatic Trixieverse book :ajsmug:

1446894
I love how you have faith in her :rainbowkiss: Dashie is and has always been my favorite, so it was terrible to see how many ponies raged at her in TMB. You just don't understand her free spirit myaaaan :rainbowwild:

:ajsmug:

1228927
I agree with you that it was better this way. It seemed impossible, and no one actually realized it. You played the game well, because it seemed so improbable, but yet you make it actually turn out sensible in the end. RD's realization scene was brilliant, so I thank you very much for the way you shaped it, thank you.

1498671
Griffins who sleep with Diamond Dogs, of course :rainbowlaugh:

1912075
Naw- it's archaic (so is Luna!). Basically means 'suitable to the purpose'. Stopped being easy to google, but I still found some references- like this KJB page or this dictionary. Shakespeare used it, but no modern person or pony would say that :ajsmug:

Just finished the story:
*bows*
*bows*
*bows*

2189060
Thank you :) it's one of my favorite crazy-plan-it-all-out endings. Trixie, in the cavern, with the ability to draw on Twi's powers and do the utterly unexpected—so many threads come together into a tight lil' knot. That's what I write for :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment