• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 52,254 Views, 11,685 Comments

Letters From A Disgruntled Friendship Student - milesprower06



Twilight Sparkle is being sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. She's not happy about it.

  • ...
504
 11,685
 52,254

PreviousChapters Next
Dance Magic (Mixed, Massed, and Bashed)

Dear Diary,

These fundraisers are just so tiring. Granted, we were doing this to fund the repairs for Camp Everfree, and finally built that damn dock, but I honestly believed we would have gotten the show on the road much faster if we had just sung a song and been done with it. Instead, however, I had to endure Pinkie’s explosive bake sales and terrible babysitting service; and Twilight and Fluttershy's pet project of theirs which nearly caused me to get overrun by those dirty, stinky animals. Um... no offence, Spike. And now there's this carwash set up by Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer.

After washing vehicle after vehicle today, I oh so needed a break right about now. And all this scrubbing was doing a number on my clothes! Just look at the stains! Plain horrid, I tell you! The sad part was that all this hard work, labouring from five to nine, only managed to get us half the funds. I'm telling you, this fundraiser was rigged! Rigged, I tell you!! What were all the rest of CHS student body doing while we did this!?!

And now, with only a week left, it was time for this fashionista to shine like rainbows! It was my turn to pitch in with one of my usual dazzling ideas. Problem was... I didn't have any!!!

Good old Spikey-Wikey decided to be blatantly obvious about that fact. To be frank, he was, figuratively and literally, being a son of a bitch at that moment.

Hoping for inspiration to manifest, I wandered the mall and by fate I stumble across a music video competition. This was a splendid idea to get the rest of our funding. My friends and I are from a school of rock and roll so we'll definitely win by a landslide through our spectacular singing voices. Or perhaps we'll summon a giant magical unicorn to destroy the rest of the competition. Whichever comes first. And maybe even get famous as well? I certainly wouldn't mind. Chance to Prance? More like a chance to be popular!!!

It was then that I stumbled across the glory whor— I mean the Crystal Preppers who were also entering the competition. Well, no matter, I will come out on top in the end. Now all I need is to perfect the dance routine to my friends for the video.

The beginning phases of it opened up with a lights, camera and disaster. Their dancing was worse than Princess Twilight if you can believe it. I must admit that the chances of me being able to teach all of them how to dance like professionals was as likely as Principal Celestia teaching a class. Then, to top it off, Rainbow's clothes got ripped. I would have suggested Rainbow to just dance without clothes, that would have gathered a lot of views, but I figured it was the perfect excuse to get out of there. The less time spent with these epic failures the better.

I return to the mall, the birthplace of my music video inspiration, only to see those Shadowbolts using my concept. My idea... stolen. Plagiarized leaving me to bite the dust. Maybe when they’re done they can go get jobs at that IGN place.

Despondent, I was inclined to go back to my boutique and despair in my chair. However, a fine line had been drawn between the two schools since the Friendship Games, and those bitches just crossed it! As Pinkie had put it, they were quick to be dicks so they have to confess to their sins to win and quit their shit. All I needed to do was get into Crystal Prep. Luckily, I had the pièce de résistance of disguises. With Twilight, I thankfully had an easier time breaking into the school than Pinkie and Rainbow did. Though I wasn't at all surprised that Twilight didn't know her way around her own school since she normally does her mad twience stuff only at their school lab.

Finally, we manage to confront them, only for these uncouth women to have the nerve to deck their cards against us. I was tempted to get Pinkie to throw one of her sparkle bombs until these insolent ladies were nothing but a million sparkles falling across the floor they stood on, but I had bigger things to worry about.

Those cheats will be beat!... My word!! I'm starting to sound like Pinkie, now...

I only need to create a new better and original routine. That will certainly shake things up and teach them for stealing ideas from moi.

The main problem was that my friends ideas were ghastly, to say the least, and would require even more funds to do it. There are steps to prepping these video ideas, don't they know? We can't just record the ideas we have into a music video unless we installed a camera to Sunset’s brain. In fact, they didn't incorporate any dance moves into them! The final countdown before the submission deadline had already begun and we were wasting daylight!

Despondent once more, I decided to just binge eat my despair away with some ice cream. A shame that Pinkie wasn't working that day, she would have known what treat I needed right then and there. By chance, I overheard some sweet, juicy gossip which was the best news I could hear. Of all the things Crystal Prep Academy had accomplished, they couldn't think up an original song! Hard to believe when CHS pushes out a new original song out of nowhere between classes. Nonetheless, I felt a new idea stirring deep down inside my soul upon hearing their plight. So, I struck a deal with them. We work together, with their choreography and our music. It was a guaranteed success!

Thus, we danced the night away, friends by our side, to complete the video. And. We. WON! We really raised the roof with our music video! Though I'm certain the Rainbooms were pretty much the star of the show with me as the rising diva. Now we could save Camp Everfree and build the docks for my fashion runway! Nothing can go wrong from there!

Also, the Wondercolts and Shadowbolts were at another truce. For now...

All because of me, darling Rarity, for saving the day. What's next? Well, my friends and I are off to get a behind the scenes look of an upcoming movie. This little detour can help catch us a break from all these high school drama at CHS.

Yours Truly,
Rarity


Dear Rarity,

So, you spent all the funds your group had earned to save Camp Everfree for a slim chance at winning a music video contest? Quite an awfully risky endeavor, if I do say so myself.

If this is how you handle business it's no wonder your boutique isn't getting any more popular than it is right now.

Sincerely,
Sugarcoat

P.S. How the hell do you have the time to run your own business, anyway? You’re in high school.

Author's Note:

A lot of you may be wondering why this letter for Dance Magic took so long to write. Last year, I initially planned to write it, but with my national service drawing close and Miles planning to end Letters of A Disgruntled Friendship Student at the MLP Movie, I abandoned that little project. Obviously, since season eight started, Miles decided to continue Letters. Though I had forgotten about writing a letter for Dance Magic by that point. It was only through a PM by Miles mentioning about how we should do a letter for Forgotten Friendship that I remembered.

Fast forward to now, I've somewhat settled into army life so I've found ways to find time to write for Letters any way I can; and I've thankfully manage to write the first letter for Dance Magic. Hopefully, it was worth the wait. I will definitely be doing Movie Magic and Mirror Magic letters right before finishing up the EQG Specials with Forgotten Friendship.

And, finally, I have a challenge for you readers. In the long diary entry written by Rarity, I've referenced the various EQG Shorts, old and new, inside. Some are obvious, some are subtle. Can you spot them all?

-MixMassBasher

PreviousChapters Next