• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 52,244 Views, 11,685 Comments

Letters From A Disgruntled Friendship Student - milesprower06



Twilight Sparkle is being sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. She's not happy about it.

  • ...
504
 11,685
 52,244

PreviousChapters Next
Hiatus Bonus Chapter: Riots, Protesting in Midwest Equestria

Letters From A Disgruntled Friendship Student
by milesprower06

Hiatus Bonus Chapter

THE FOAL FREE PRESS
RIOTS, PROTESTING IN MIDWEST EQUESTRIA

Racial tensions have seen an increase in midwestern Equestria after a zebra was shot outside a convenience store in Herduson. The zebra, Whiten Black, was unarmed at the time, and was a suspect in a recent robbery. In a confrontation with unicorn royal guards, he was hit with six spells. The shooting has sparked civil unrest, protests, and rioting in Herduson, where there is a significant zebra population.

"It is unfortunate that all this racial tension has existed, even after all these years. I'm hoping every day that there can be a peaceful solution to this mess." Princess Celestia offered.

The history of Zebras in Equestria began when they were sold or abducted from Afriquestria as slave labor and servants for the newly formed nation.

"We really didn't know what else to do, with their cutie marks being cotton balls and farming tools." Princess Luna claimed.

Slavery was eventually abolished after earth ponies started feeling their glory was being taken, but zebras remained second-class citizens. Eventually, the Civil Stripes Act was passed, desegregating most businesses and schools, Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns withstanding.

In regards to the shooting, while Princesses Celestia and Luna have pulled out the royal guard in an attempt to ease the tension, leaving law enforcement to local authorities. Meanwhile, our local Princess Twilight has her own, instigating take on the situation.

"Did this zebra look like a thug? Act like a thug? Then he was probably a fucking thug. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there several bubble-blowing pipes on his body that he didn't pay for? Face it, the only thing all of these zebras that are "protesting" want is for the unicorn who shot off those spells to be branded a police-state racist without any due process. Good luck with that. I've never seen a zebra that was good for anything anyway."

When inquired about the "substances" she purchases from resident shaman Zecora, Twilight stood up and angrily declared that the interview was over before walking out.

PreviousChapters Next