• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 52,221 Views, 11,685 Comments

Letters From A Disgruntled Friendship Student - milesprower06



Twilight Sparkle is being sent to Ponyville to learn about friendship. She's not happy about it.

  • ...
504
 11,685
 52,221

PreviousChapters Next
Friendship Games

Letters From A Disgruntled Friendship Student
by milesprower06

Friendship Games


Dear Rainbow Dash,

The following scenarios can be considered emergencies:

-Someone is hurt
-Magical threat

Your inability to rock out does not fall under any of those categories. I mean come on, you're the lead guitarist of our band, and you don't have spare strings in your case, but Sunset, our backing guitarist, does?

Maybe we have this backwards.

-Applejack


"Alright, everyone. Let's not get too competitive before the games even start." Applejack said, breaking up Rainbow Dash and Indigo Zap

"The games aren't really competitive since we've never lost." Sugarcoat sneered.

"That's not a very nice thing to say." Fluttershy mused.

"Sorry dearie, but these games aren't about being nice." Sunny Flare interjected.

"O... Oh. I'm terribly sorry. We must be in the wrong school. Please, tell us, where are the Friendship Games being held this year?"


"That was awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed, rushing up on stage to congratulate Sunset on her valiant attempt at math.

"Truly amazing!" Rarity chimed in.

"But, we didn't win." Sunset countered, wondering why her friends were cheering her loss.

"That was as close to winnin' as Canterlot's ever been." Applejack stated.

"I suppose," Sunset began, looking back at the geometry problem on the chalkboard. "I'm usually pretty good at geometry, but I forgot to factor in my number one weakness in mathematics; singing students behind me."


Dear Bronies,

Hey, is it alright if I start dating human Twilight? Or am I not allowed to love yet?

Sincerely,
Flash Sentry


Dear Flash,

You're kidding right? You baked a loaf of bread and put sprinkles on it for fuck's sake. What woman would want you?

- Bon Bon


"Oh, it puts you on a playing field alright." said Applejack, who pointed over to the heavily-modified track and field. Pinkie Pie let out a gasp.

"Am I the only one who thinks this is overkill? What are they gonna do, make us ride motorbikes?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

Rarity scoffed.

"Don't be ridiculous. That is the stupidest thing to ever come out of your mouth. Friendship Games on motorbikes. Come on."


Dear 'Shadow Six' Five,

Well well, look at my fantastic ass now! Yeah, thought we were all gonna share the magic and 'pony up'? Well, it's all mine. Fuck all of you. Or should I say...

Bullseye, bitches.

-Midnight Sparkle


Lyra looked down into the gaping hole in the front walk of the school, and saw ponies by the pavilion.

"Oh my God, they DO exist!"


Lyra gazed up at the hole that had formed in the sky, and the anthropomorphic creatures currently hanging on for dear life.

"Sweet Celestia, they DO exist!"


"So what kind of paperwork do we need to start to get the transfer in order?" Twilight asked Vice Principal Luna.

"Oh, we don't do that here. Sunset Shimmer just showed up and became popular, your 'Princess' double from Equestria just walked right in. Oh, and those sirens did too. I'm not even sure where Sunset lives. Probably somewhere in the school. I mean, if "Princess" Twilight can spend a night in the library, Sunset's probably been here for years. I wonder where those sirens got off too after the Battle of the Bands."

"Oh them?" Applejack asked, overhearing the conversation. "They got jobs and an apartment in the city. Sonata's doing the best; she's the assistant manager at Derek Jeter's Taco Hole."


Dear Twilight,

So, you really want to transfer? Why not stay with us, and help us learn about the magic of friendship?

Sincerely,
Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, and Sunny Flare


Dear Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, and Sunny Flare,

Let me think about that for a second.

And done.

Today, I was blackmailed into a sporting competition I'm no good at, insulted by my teammates, my accomplishments in said competition were ignored completely, my opponent was the one who helped me during archery, I was screamed at when I accidentally unleashed carnivorous plant life during the motocross race, and last but not least, blackmailed again into using a magic-capturing device I barely knew anything about.

In short, kiss my pristine purple ass, you preppy pansy pussies.

Sincerely,
Twilight Sparkle


Dear Sunset Shimmer,

First off, thank you in advance for closing all those inter-dimensional tears in space. But for future reference, could you have any and all magical battles away from the statue and entrance? That front walk has seen some serious shit.

Sincerely,
Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna


Sunset, Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy were having a small lunch out by the statue, waiting for any word from the other side of the portal. Suddenly, the wall turned translucent, and Princess Twilight came sliding through the portal.

"Sorry I'm late, I just got your messages because I was stuck in a time loop and-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Twilight," Pinkie began. "Listen, production and airing schedules have been really messed up, so don't give away anything for the finale yet, alright?"

Princess Twilight looked down to Sunset Shimmer, who was sitting at the corner of the statue, eating.

"Hey, thanks for filling in. Say, that's a pretty good sandwich. Get back in the kitchen and make me one."

Groaning, Sunset got up to go to the cafeteria. Princess Twilight then noticed, at the other side of the picnic blanket, her counterpart in this world.

"And you," she began, pointing at her with bedroom eyes. "You. Me. Sunset. Gymnasium storage closet. Fifteen minutes."


Dear Princess Celestia,

Alright, so if those anthropomorphic humans can "pony up" then surely we have some kind of magic untapped within us, right?

We must begin to research the possibilities. We must unlock the secrets, and learn to "homo up"!

Sincerely,
Lyra Heartstrings

Author's Note:

PreviousChapters Next