• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 14,760 Views, 1,923 Comments

Dying Embers - Bobbybrony



A British Army Royal Engineer is met with a peculiar phenomenon whilst on tour. Unknown to him, he will find himself stranded in a strange new world which seems to be shifting around him. Will he be able to adapt to this new world?

  • ...
84
 1,923
 14,760
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 44 )

Nice work with the bite. That is all. Keep it up at your own pace.:twilightsmile:

He forgot to check her for Changeling, even if the Snark is strong with this one. You getting sloppy with all the blood loss, Davis :scootangel:

Yeah, was excited to see the update and glad you are doing good after what ever happened on your side of the net

Wouldve thought firing a flame burst up the escape tunnel might have had a go at least singing some feathers?

That guy is getting really, really annoying. then again, is currently the big bad, so no grenade enema?

How many chapters long will this story be? I'm going to stop reading this story if it goes on forever.

Maybe now, things will finally begin to settle down. Soon they'll lose the will to fight, or they'll never be able to regain their loses to pose a threat for years to come.

Dam it man! What have you done.

wow a grate chapter awesome righting BB.

Cool Chapter. Interesting what other chapter will bring hopping they won't take that long.

"I'm full of them!" I respond confidently before placing the empty magazine back into the pouch and inserting my last magazine into the Glock. "Where's Lupus!?" [...] "Right here, primate!" A gruff female voice calls [...] .

It's never lupus...except that one time.

I can't believe I haven't favourited this story!
Current progress is Chapter 75 - Flashback

Not sure if you would care about this Bobbybrony, but your story came up at work. It went a little something like this:

Me: Acting less than my usual cheery self, trying to not let last night sad story ending effect work.

Coworker: "Dude what's got you down?"

Me: "Oh nothing you can do about. A favourite character of mine in a story I'm 420,000 words deep into, just got her head smashed in like an egg in the most brutal way possible by none other than her commanding officer. Oh and till that point said officer was genuinely a very much good guy. A guy said favourite character was more than happy to die for in the line of duty.

Coworker :"... Well it was just a story [Guard M]. "

Me: "A damm good story, with some damm good characters."

My work is not being effected, I'll make that clear. I'm just dropping off the fact that you've had a lasting effect and impression on me. So sorry for not favouriting when I should have.

Oh wow, I've actually caught up with the current chapter. I know I'm going to miss the constant opportunity to read on.

I want to say I would have done something different to ensure that Silverwing wouldn't get away but hindsight is 20/20 and in the moment, he was unconscious.

I shall patiently await for the next chapter.

The description made me feel like I was actually there. Good job!

Are you going to finish this story

10391844
There is an link he put on the story saying why there hasn't been any new chapters.
Give him some time to recover.
Blog Post

10426022

watch till the end and then tell me that a bullet can fire outside a gun like was discribed in the story

Are you going to finish the story

This story is by far the best story I have ever read on this site and one of the best stories in general. I wish I had a paperback copy that I could put on my bookshelf right next to my “Battlefield 3” by Andy McNab, that’s how much I love this book. (Paperback sales promo when it’s finished?:derpyderp1:)
The author of this deserves so much praise and credit, I can’t wait until the next chapter is ready and can’t wait to see what happens in the future, it grabs and holds onto my attention the entire time and I have ADHD haha:rainbowwild:

This is a great series and I love to see a continuing keep up the good work.

10791300
I can't believe that's a real thing.

But also I can believe it because it sounds like something we'd do.

10776398
I can send it you if you'd still like a link.

10815977
If possible, may I also get a link? I would love to join

Ahh yes, the Royal Navy finally coming into play. I am glad with their description as they are not the grand standing force of the Solar and Lunar guard, yet they are a experienced force with likely fending off pirates and privateers. I do hope the Marines keep the uniform as well since in a boarding action, it's more important to tell friend from foe then to blend in. And it seems we have a view of their tech as they have been able to produce a ETW steam frigate, a revolutionary step In Terms of naval tech as now Ironclads and turrets are in the near future. I hope to see some true firepower then

10815977
I would also love to join if that is possible.

And thus I've come to the end....... here's hoping this story isn't dead, but my hopes aren't high given the last time the author was last seen online.....

Thumbs up if you want this story to continue

welp... time to slot this into the dead stories library. The author has given a reason for not updating... back in 2020 but has not logged in since 2021 sOOOOoooooo...

11460798
MadCelly, I would like to inform you of some potentially good news, I am on BB's Discord server and while he isn't all that active, he did let us know months ago that he was starting to poke at chapter 125, so I think this story might just live.

11483826
Good news indeed!

Is this story dead?

11483826
I'm just glad the guy's still kicking. Sounds like he hasn't been afforded any reprieve in life.

Another fag makes a detailed story just to throw it away

Any news on a update here or that sequel that was mentioned before that I submitted my OCs to so that I could see them appear

11709148
the last i checked this is not School or collage and frankly you can as the Brits say piss off.

11709368
Sorry jeez, just spotted a common trend that wouldn’t be good if it was in anything in the real world

11713094
just a touchy subject to stay clear of.
and FYI the last i talked to bobbybrony he was not in a good way i have tried Discord and email and got zero.
i do know more but i am not allowed to talk about it but it is safe to say i really don't think he will be back any time soon if ever.

11713587
Damn, finally a good fucking story and it might never go on, and I can’t get into the discord because it is broken, welp, thanks for letting me know, enjoy the rest of your day
(I think day because when all your responses come through it is night time over here in good old nz.)

11483826
Despite the date of this comment, and the possibly of it being untrue. I'm just glad to hear that Bobbybrony is most likely still kicking and poking at the story.

Just had a 3 year offlined author just pop in say hi and state how he had simply moved on from fimfiction. It was awesome to hear from him.

IRL will always be the priority but, I would love a comment from Bobbybrony or perhaps a blog. It wouldn't need to explain anything for me, I just like to see authors alive and happy.

11744897

11484094

11682695

I once again come to bring an update, though this one is bad, I am no longer on his Discord server, though given I did nothing to warrant this response, it has led me to believe that he may have deleted his Discord server. I'm sorry that this is all I can bring, but I think this story might well and truly be dead.

11797260
Thanks for the update. I personally prefer to know bad news, then be protected from it.

11797411
You're welcome.

11817219
Kudos to you......you must have dug pretty deep to find a comment I made back in 2017 lol. Suffice to say, this story is just one big blank spot in my memory after all this time. That said, though, I check my original comment, and I think I can guess where I was going. I just can't enjoy a serious story where the plot and characterization is deliberately manipulated to throw some characters on the sacrificial pyre. Bashing can be fun in crack fics, but this story doesn't appear to be that. Not just that, but it makes the OC themselves come off worse as well.

But that's just me.

Login or register to comment