• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 5,656 Views, 816 Comments

Shining Chitin Redux - Damaged



Shining Armor had a little extra something done to him by Chrysalis during the lead-in for the wedding/invasion. Now things are getting completely out of hoof.

  • ...
25
 816
 5,656
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 34 )

Mom said to what, Chip?
Shining probably felt that. 20 years sounds like a pretty good age.
Keep going! ;)

a silly and sweet chapter I love it.

Can't help but notice that the cover doesn't really offer any real synopsis of the story, just some warnings and comments by the author. Could anyone offer a simple, one paragraph synopsis here so that we might know if this is something we'd enjoy reading?

an aunt who was literally the nicest pony on all Equus

Have Flurry heard any of her aunt's shenanigans?

8306948 Shining Armor and his friends/family have to deal with the fact he is turning into a changeling. It doesn't help matters that Chrysalis seems infatuated with him, and keeps sending drones to spy. On top of all this the world turns, and they fight for the Crystal Empire's right to be its own nation.

8306948
I'm confused as to how you can look at that picture and not get it. Shining' half-mutated in it with a laughing shadow of Chrysalis in the background. At the very least you should be able to derive "shining is turning into a changeling, and Chrysalis is the mastermind behind it." Not to mention the title also shouts out the main plot point, that being his transformation.

Not really sure about the epilogue. It really didn't add anything new or tell us much about what happened afterwards. It was more like an extra in the same 'verse.

8307906
Pictures are open to interpretation. This could just as easily have been a "Shining Armor is dead, and the changeling infiltrator who replaced him is having second thoughts", "Shining Armor was a Changeling all along, and now struggles to hide it from his family who he had planned on telling now that they have reason to distrust the species", or a dozen other things. It could even be metaphorical, like "I am filled with prejudice against an entire species, just as they are to us, does this make me no better than them?". A person needs context to know if a story sounds like something they would enjoy. Reading is a major time sink, and it's fair to want to know what you're getting into before devoting that time. It is why there are descriptions on the backs of books, and not just a cover to go by.

Sorry if that came out confrontational, I'm kind of cranky today. ^_^;

I wonder why did they not tought if Discord is 'reformed' to ask him to reverse the transformation, or search changelings.

Also... Somehow I could think of a novel named "Charging energy with a smile" as I read this... A godess summon two humans and give them two eternal slaves, one for each... The first human take 100 points after treating her bad, the second human treat her good and win 10.000 points

What Pinkie say in chapter 52... Is there a sequel coming?

I tought that changelings could not taste? Yes, she learned to cook but... What about the taste?

I do think that this is a well written fic, however I do not like it. It diverges too far from my ethics and ideals.

8291301
I don't believe so. This is a magical transformation and it's unlikely to be painful.

I have a theory as to why Shining became a Queen, not a drone. i believe Chrysalis made a BIG mistake when she mixed the poison. Instead of using drone blood in it, she used her own, believing this would bond Shining to her. Instead, it made him/her a queen instead.

8800896 The reason Shining Armor became a queen was proximity. My headcanon going into this is that a changeling will mutate into a queen if none is in their hive. Shining Armor had no hive, so his transformation took a path other than what Chrysalis wanted.

8800938
Okay, i can see that happening, too. It makes as much sense, but is also closer to the way real bugs work.

8893796

My goof, not Cadance's. Thanks for pointing it out! :twilightsmile:

You're welcome. :raritywink:

8951448
I should hope so, since it spanned a whole year! Glad to hear you've improved since the chapters I'm on right now.

8951599 I fight to improve my writing every chance I can. The best way to do that is to keep writing, keep getting feedback, and keep reading. I try to do all three. :twilightsmile:

A cute epilogue, and unexpected! Flurry is a cutie.

8965916
Author's last name is Hussie, lol. I was punning.

8965959 She is. I wanted a little something extra at the end, a sign that the future was brighter than ever. A jewel of a moment like this was my idea for it.

this was a gloriously cute little romantic comedy and i quite enjoyed it

9059073 Glad to hear you liked it! Thanks for the comments. :twilightblush:

9059093
i seem to have a thing for changlings lately, and out of all the stories i've read so far this is perhaps the cutest...right up there with 'robot, undead, and bug crusaiders' or whatever the order was in the name though that was colectivly about what i have coined the 'CMM' cutie mark monsters, since scootaloo is a changling in it, still counts.

9059132 I've done a lot of stories involving them—several still going at the moment. (Changelings that is.)

Here are some more changeling stories I've done:

TQueen Rarity
School was meant to be the start of Rarity's adult life, the springboard, so why—now that she's graduated and in the workforce—does it feel vaguely like she is being drained?
Damaged · 382k words  ·  425  19 · 7.6k views
EWiddle Chryssi Wants Upsies!
Chrysalis has hit on the surefire way to take over Canterlot and all Equestria.
Damaged · 2.6k words  ·  168  9 · 3.1k views
EExtra Cheesy
Twilight finds out about a new store in town, one that sells oddly delicious looking round, disc-like food. She must try some!
Damaged · 2.1k words  ·  370  6 · 6k views
TSaving Equestria
A young changeling queen—keeping herself hidden while she studies in Canterlot—comes to a conclusion: Celestia is mishandling the defense of ponykind.
Damaged · 92k words  ·  760  61 · 14k views

9059141
extra cheesy looks fun, i love glorious cheese

9059161 It's cheesy in both senses of the word. :twilightoops:

9059165
*blushes* annnnd i found given shape.....oh my...

9059297 Heh, that is a big one, with all the kinks. I got a bit experimental in there.

so i just finished my second full readthru of this, i think i loved it even more the second time thru.

10108130
Oh, I am working my way through your library. Found your stories with Gel a while ago, list you, then rediscovered you. So I am not moving on this time untill I have devoured everything you have put out.

10108253 That'll keep you busy! :twilightsmile:

9395217 :pinkiehappy:

oh dang you made a long version!

Commence read.

Actually a god tier read, like fr, I accidentally stayed up till 4 in the AM reading this, and couldn't stop thinking about it even when I was not awake, love this story, and I wish there was more story on what happened to Cryssi, but I will survive.

11393197 Glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment