• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,278 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,278

PreviousChapters Next
Broken

Twilight opened the door to the library to see Church on the ground, surrounded by bits of wood.

"What happened?" Twilight gasped, trotting to help Church up.

"Tex broke a chair over my head." Church sighed.

"They had a minor disagreement." The Necronomicon chuckled morosely.

"About what?" Twilight muttered as her eyes rested on one of the chair's legs.

"I wouldn't worry about it."

"Well where is she now?"

"I don't know, she kind of just stormed out." Church sighed as he pulled a bit of wood out of his mane.

"I like hot tempered ladies." The Necronomicon chuckled. "Reminds me of a book of pyromancy I once had a fling with."

"Fantastic."

"Do you want to know what happened?"

"No." Church said quickly.

"Ah, you're no fun." The Necronomicon pouted.

"So she just left without saying where she was going?" Twilight asked.

"Well, she said she was going to work on her reputation."

"That can't be good." Twilight said, quickly walking to the door. "We need to find her before she hurts anypony."

"As long as she does it to assholes, what's the big deal?"

"The big deal is she will draw more and more attention to herself." Church grunted.

"And the more of a reputation she gets, the more likely it is that Celestia will hear about it. And if Celestia hears about a pony causing trouble in Ponyville, there is a high chance that she will either contact me to help, or investigate it herself."

"Let Tia do some work for once." The Necronomicon laughed.

"I'd love to, but if she came to investigate, she might find out about you, and where do you think that will place you?"

The Necronomicon fell silent, growing genuinely frightened of the thought.

"You don't want to get locked up again, do you?" Twilight added.

"No." The Necronomicon sighed deeply. "Unless, however, Miss Do were to escort me and keep me company."

"She can't talk."

"After spending so much time with those other demonic books, I've learned silence is bliss."

"Then why the hell do you talk so much?" Church asked annoyingly.

"Because I like making new friends." The necronomicon laughed.

Church smiled and started to laugh, not with the Necronomicon, but at him.

"You're not pleasant." The Necronomicon pouted when he realized that fact.

"Come on, we need to find Tex." Twilight said, pulling Church towards the door.

Twilight quickly ran into Ponyville, with Church following not too far behind, and they began to look for Tex. After running through almost all of Ponyville and finding no signs of Tex, Twilight sat on the grass and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Church asked.

"Lot's of things, now that I think about it." Twilight chuckled.

"Don't go pessimistic on me now." Church said, matching Twilight's chuckle with one of his own

"You're one to talk." Twilight smiled.

"What are you talking about? I'm always optimistic." Church said sarcastically, before growing more serious. "You worried about Tex."

"To be honest, that's the least of my worries."

"Okay, I've told you everything about me, but you're still keeping secrets from me. I can't expect you to tell me everything, but I'm beginning to think that you don't trust me."

"I trust you, I do." Twilight said sadly, thinking through her words.

"Then what is it that's bothering you?" Church said firmly.

"How's it goin' Twi?" Pinkie asked, suddenly appearing between Church and Twilight with a large bag on her back.

"Fine Pinkie, we were just-"

"Great!" Pinkie interrupted merrily. "How are you, Church?"

"Good, I guess." Church grunted.

"You guess?" Pinkie asked astonishingly. "You should know how you're going."

"Where's Caboose?"

"He's still at Sugar Cube Corner. I just went to the shops to grab some more flour." Pinkie smiled.

"Pinkie, you didn't happen to see Tex when you were at the market, did you?" Twilight asked.

"That's our guest silly." Pinkie giggled.

"Tex is at Sugar Cube Corner?" Church asked warily.

"Well duh, that's what I just said." Pinkie said, knocking on Church's skull with her hoof.

"I guess it's a weird coincidence that you ran into us. We're actually looking for her."

"It's not a coincidence, I knew you guys were coming here. My Pinkie Sense told me you guys were on the lookout for her, so I went out of my way to find you guys, and then I did, and then we started talking, and then-"

"Bring us there." Church said quickly, interrupting Pinkie.

"Oki doki Loki." Pinkie said, eagerly hopping towards Sugar Cube Corner, bag of flour somehow not falling off.

It took them just a few minutes to reach Sugar Cube Corner, and when they did, Pinkie hit the door open and quickly ran into the kitchen. Twilight and Church walked in a few seconds later to see Tex sitting on one side of the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" Tex asked.

"We were about to ask you the same thing." Church muttered.

"Pinkie found me and drug me in here to have a party for me, even though I kept telling her off." Tex said in a tone that was a mixture of anger and surprise.

"Tex, look at these!" Caboose said happily, sprinting out of the kitchen with a large tray of cupcakes.

Tex grabbed one of the cupcakes and tossed it in her mouth, surprising both Twilight and Church.

"How does it taste?" Pinkie asked ecstatically.

"Not bad." Tex shrugged. "A bit too sweet for my taste. Got anything with some protein in it?"

"I don't know about that." Pinkie said, scratching her chin. "We have some cake in the other room, is that protein?"

"Never mind." Tex grunted, but Pinkie and Caboose had already ran into the kitchen to grab a cake. Tex rolled her eys and turned back to Church. "So what are you two doing here?"

"We came to look for you to make sure you don't hurt any others." Twilight said quietly.

"Why? Those guys were pricks. And I know a thing or two about pricks."

"Even so, you can't go around hurting anypony, even ones who seem to deserve it."

"Why not? I enjoy it, and so do people who were picked on by the ones who I'm hurting."

"Because then you'll make enemies."

"I've had enemies before. I can handle those."

Twilight shook her head, knowing nothing she could say could convince Tex otherwise.

"Look at the bright side, the town's already warming up to me." Tex smirked. "Maybe I could try my hand at being a mercenary here."

"Most ponies don't have use for hire those kind of ponies. They would rather talk through their differences with words, rather than relying on someone else to hurt people."

"You think to highly of yourself if you think every horse in this world acts that way." Tex chuckled, grabbing another cupcake. "Everybody has a breaking point at which they get pissed off, and I profit off of that."

Pinkie slowly backed out of the kitchen, adorning a hard hat with lights flashing brightly. Caboose then exited the kitchen with a large cake on his back.

"Easy now Boosey, don't want to drop that cake, do you?" Pinkie asked.

"Cake? Where?" Caboose asked, spinning around to look behind him, causing the cake to fly off his back.

Church covered his face to prevent the cake from blinding him.

"Why are you holding up your hoof, silly?" Pinkie asked confusedly.

Church lowered his hoof to see the cake had landed safely on the table, so he let out a relieved sigh and relaxed.

"Come on Tex, we should get back to the library." Church muttered.

"I don't know, I think I want to stay and have some cake." Tex smirked, grabbing a slice of cake.

"It's okay Church, if she wants to have some cake, let her. It's not like she's hurting anyone." Twilight said,

"You don't have anywhere to be, so why don't you stay and have some cake too?" Pinkie asked.

"But I need to go back and check on Spike to make sure-"

Twilight's eyes then rested on Pinkie, who was giving her large. puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, but just for a bit." Twilight smiled reluctantly.

"Yay!" Pinkie exclaimed, running to grab Twilight a slice of cake.

PreviousChapters Next