• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Hard Wood

Twilight and Church were walking in silence, focusing on the surrounding area. Pinkie was humming a tune that Caboose was rather enjoying, so he joined in. However, Caboose was humming the song completely off-tune and Pinkie thought he had been humming his own song, so she started to hum what he was humming.

"What song is this?" Pinkie asked after a couple minutes.

"I thought you knew!" Caboose exclaimed.

Pinkie and Caboose then started to giggle. Church glared over at the pair who were making a racket. "Be quiet. We don't want to bring any attention to ourselves." Church snapped.

"Okay Church." Caboose said sadly. "Are we there yet?"

"No Caboose." Twilight said. "It should only be another minute or two at the most."

"Oh, okay." Caboose said.

"Are we there yet now?" Pinkie asked immediately after.

For fuck's sake Church thought to himself, not sure if Pinkie had asked to spite them, or simply because she was Pinkie Pie.

"No Pinkie, we aren't there yet." Twilight said.

The group then fell in to silence for another minute.

"How about now?" Caboose asked.

"Caboose, please just shut the fuck up." Church said. Caboose did not reply to Church’s outburst. He just nodded and put his head down, slowly following the others. It took them less than two minutes after that to get to their destination, where they found many oversized trees, trunks all a very dark brown.

"So these are them I assume?" Church asked.

"Yes." Twilight replied simply.

"This place is covered in mud!" Caboose said.

"You are a certified genius Caboose." Church said sarcastically.

"Thanks Church." Caboose said happily.

"Let's try and find the darkest tree and get a sample of that." Twilight said.

"Why not just use any tree?" Church asked.

"Unlike most trees, these trees get darker with age." Twilight explained. "And the trees properties grow stronger and wield much more potency with age." Church gave a quick nod to show that he understood, and started to look for the darkest tree he could find. It took him less than a minute to find a tree that almost seemed to be black. Twilight walked up to the tree and her horn started to glow. She looked back at Church and nodded.

"I can feel the power in this one." Twilight said.

"Alright, how are we going to get a piece of it." Church asked.

"Well, these trees are immune to magic so that is out of the question." Twilight said.

"How nice." Church said. "Maybe we should have come up with a plan before coming in here."

"I have an idea." Pinkie said happily.

"Really? I would love to hear it." Church said.

Pinkie nodded and poked Caboose in the side.

"Caboose, did you know that these trees taste like double chocolate cupcakes?" Pinkie asked.

"Really?!" Caboose yelled.

Caboose ran up to the near black tree and chomped it, shattering a large section of it. He chewed it for a couple seconds before spitting it out and scrubbing his tongue.

"That doesn't taste like chocolate at all." Caboose said.

Pinkie smiled and reached into her hair and pulled out a wrapped chocolate bar and threw it at Caboose.

"Thank you!" Caboose said happily, throwing the bar in his mouth, wrapper and all.

"Nice going Pinkie." Church said, giving a curt nod of approval.

"Thanks." Pinkie said.

Twilight walked up to the two largest pieces of wood she could find and put them in a small bag she had.

"This should be good enough. I won't be able to use magic as I carry them though." Twilight said. "Now we just need to get back to Zecora’s place and-" Before Twilight could finish, a deafening roar filled area. Everypony looked around nervously, trying to locate the source of the noise.

"What the fuck was that?" Church asked.

"I don't know, but that screech sounded familiar." Twilight said.

As Twilight said that the sound of a tree snapping down and slamming into the mud came from their left. Then another.

"What should we do?" Twilight asked.

"I was going to suggest we run." Church said.

A semi-rotted tree then shot in to the air from thirty meters away and was headed straight for them. Church’s horn started to glow as he deflected the tree to the side. When the tree slammed in to the ground, a large creature suddenly came into view through the trees, charging straight for them.

"Hydra!" Twilight yelled, running back towards Zecora’s.

"There are five of them!" Caboose yelled, sprinting with Pinkie next to Twilight.

"No, Hydras are creatures that have multiple heads." Twilight said. "When one gets severed it grows two more in its place."

"Shut up and keep running." Church yelled. "We don't need to waste our breath." As Church said that, one of the hydra's heads lunged forward and grabbed for Church. Church saw it coming and rolled out of the way. Church grunted as his head hit the ground, but he got up and soon caught up with the others, but they were all stopped.

"Why did you stop running?" Church yelled.

"There is nowhere to run to." Twilight said simply. "We're trapped."

The trees that surrounded them were so close together that it would be impossible to go in between them. The hydra then burst through the trees and stood still, blocking the only path out.

"I don't want to die." Church said. "Wait a minute. I can't die, why am I scared?"

"Because you can feel pain?" Twilight said quietly.

"Shit. I forgot about that." Church muttered.

The hydra then screeched and it's heads lunged towards all of them. A dark green ball appeared between the group of ponies and the hydra. The ball then exploded outward, surging towards the hydra, enveloping it in a green embrace.

"I thought you said you couldn't use magic." Church yelled.

"I thought that was you." Twilight said, confused and intrigued by what was happening.

The hydra stumbled around, trying to break free of the magic. Suddenly the spell changed colors to blue and the hydra stopped moving, a cold mist coming off of it's body.

"I-it froze?" Twilight asked. "Why is it frozen?"

"I don't know, but I say we take advantage of this and run." Church said. "I don't want to be here when the spell wears off."

"Good idea." Twilight said as the group ran past the frozen hydra and headed back to Zecora’s place.

PreviousChapters Next