• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
Extremities

"So let's see here." Sweetie Belle said as she began reading over the forms Theta and Sigma had just filled out. "Looks like everything is in order here, how about you Scoots?"

"Yup, the rules are all checked out." Scootaloo nodded as she finished writing on her sheet.

"So what's the first order of business?" Theta asked.

"Uh..." The girls said in unison, not quite sure where to go from there or if they had to do any other initiations.

"I don't suppose that you have a chart of activities to perform, do you?" Sigma asked, stepping next to Sweetie Belle.

"Oh yeah! We should probably add you to that." Sweetie Belle smiled as she tore open the cabinet and pulled out the first few pages of the list, then glanced uneasily at the large pile that remained. "It might take awhile though..."

"We have the time." Sigma chuckled, looking at his brother.

"Did ya'll ever notice how your brother Church is th' only one with a normal voice?" Applebloom scrunched her nose.

"I have a weird voice?"

"It's a little weird." Scootaloo chuckled.

"Oh..." Theta said sadly.

"Come on, don't be all mopey like that. It was a joke... sorta" Scootaloo said sheepishly.

"Well, I could say that you all have weird voices." Theta mumbled.

"Ah guess ya could." Applebloom agreed.

A series of knocks came from the door of their room, and their heads snapped to it. Scootaloo let out a breath of relief and stomped her hooves on the floor twice. The door swung open and a unicorn that was familiar to both the Crusaders and the fragments.

"How's it going?" Simmons asked as he trotted past the new recruits to look at the girls. Simmons then stopped, realizing he had walked past the two colts without so much as giving them the time of day. When he saw them, he simply smiled at them politely, waiting for them to introduce themselves.

"Simmons." Sigma smiled, malicious echo following suit.

"Hey, Sigma, right?" Simmons asked passively, not really paying attention. His eyes then snapped back to the essence of creativity and backed into the wall.

"It is good to see you again too." Sigma bowed politely, fires in his eyes flickering higher than usual.

"W-w-what-"

"-Am I doing here?" Sigma finished questioningly.

"Well, I was going to ask why you're a co-" Simmons began, then saw the girls watching him and coughed. "I, uh, mean why you're accompanying the... girls?"

"Oh, he and Theta joined the Cutie Mark Crusaders." Sweetie Belle said, then shook her head at herself as she finished writing on the paper. "No, that's not right. They call themselves the Stud Stamp Sidekicks, but we're still going to work together."

"Oh, that's... nice?" Simmons squeaked. He quickly cleared his throat and looked at Sweetie Belle. "Does Sarge know about them being in the club?"

"Nah, not yet." Applebloom shook her head, then smiled at the girls. "Hey, we should tell Sarge about the Sidekicks! Ah'm sure he'd want to join up with him bein' all riled up about the name."

"I don't think he'd like that." Simmons muttered.

"What didja say Simmons?"

"Nothing." Simmons sighed, wanting to tell them about Sigma, but knowing he couldn't he turned to Rarity's sister.

"So what are you doing here, Simmons?" Sweetie Belle asked, thinking the reason Simmons was fidgeting was because he was being impatient.

"Rarity wanted me to tell you that dinner would be ready soon, so... dinner is going to be ready soon..." Simmons trailed off as he continued watching Sigma.

"How do you guys know each other?" Scootaloo raised her brow curiously.

"It's a long-"

"They obviously met before they came here." Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes. "I mean, they all knew Church before they came here, so obviously they'll know his brothers!"

"I guess that makes sense."

"Brothers? It does? I mean, of course it does! Because that is how I know them. I mean, by knowing Church I obviously know his brothers, so that is how I know them. Yes. It is."

"Why are ya talkin' all funny?"

"I'm talking funny? No. No, I don't think so. You're the one who's talking funny. I'm talking normally. And I'm as far from being scared out of my pants as I can be. Because I'm not wearing pants." Simmons said then forced an extremely awkward laugh that made the girls feel relatively uneasy. "And I'm not doing it for any other reason than everyone else is doing it. I mean everypony. I'm not a pervert like that, ask anyone."

The girls watched him as he backed up into the wall and returned their nervous stares.

"Stop looking at me!" Simmons yelped as he fell to his stomach. He quickly glanced up, acquired his target and ran next to it. "Come on Sweetie Belle, we should probably get going!"

"Why?"

"Because Rarity said it's your turn to do Opal's litter since I did it the last seven times. You like doing the litter right?"

"No..."

"Oh, shi- I mean, yeah, she said if you came home for dinner now you can... do the dishes?"

"I don't like doing that either."

"Fine." Simmons muttered halfheartedly. "Just come with me, we have to go."

"Okay." Sweetie Belle said sadly as she walked past her two filly friends.

"Good to hear, glad you saw it my way. Um, Scootaloo, Applebloom?"

"Yeah?" The two remaining Crusaders asked together.

"Stay in school!" Simmons said, then sprinted out the door.

"See you guys later." Sweetie Belle mumbled, but flashed Theta and Sigma a quick smile. "It was nice meeting you two."

"Likewise." Sigma replied coolly.

"So what are we going to do now?" Theta asked happily, quickly coming into his own around the friendly ponies.

"Ah guess we should head back t' th' farm." Applebloom shrugged as she trotted out of the Crusader headquarters. "Not much t' do 'round here besides make plans. Besides, we need to wait for Sweetie to come back so we can start designing your side groups cape!"

"We get capes too?" Theta inquired ecstatically. "That is so cool!"

"Yeah, but not right now." Scootaloo laughed. "We're not so hot at sewing or any of that fashion junk."

"I guess I can wait a bit." Theta said impatiently, then stared at his brother with a large smile. "Are you excited too?"

"Enthralled." Sigma nodded slowly, not wanting to sour Theta's mood.

Theta happily galloped out of the headquarters after Applebloom. Scootaloo looked over at Sigma to let him go, but he bowed his head, politely giving her the go ahead. She nodded appreciatively at him and walked out the door. Sigma walked out after her as she neared a now waiting Theta and Applebloom. He quickly trotted up to her before she reached them and tapped on her shoulder.

"Something wrong?" Scootaloo asked.

"No, nothing is wrong. I just wished to thank you." Sigma said slowly, looking over at his brother. "While he may not be fully ready to take on the new world, you are making it relatively easy for him to do so."

"It's no problem." Scootaloo assured him.

"Even so, I..." Sigma stopped talking and his eyes slammed shut.

"Sigma?" Scootaloo asked, taking a step towards him. "What's wrong? Why are you-"

Twin shrieks came from the dual fragments as pain rushed into their brains and began spreading through their bodies, rendering them unable to do anything but writhe on the ground and holler due to the extremities of their pain.

"Help!" Theta barely managed to scream through his gritting teeth as his horn fizzled with pure energy.

"What's wrong with them?" Applebloom yelled, panicking over their new found friends.

"I don't know!" Scootaloo said worriedly. She ran over to Theta and threw his right foreleg over her neck. "Come on, grab Sigma! We have to bring them back!"

Applebloom nodded and mirrored what Scootaloo had done to Theta with Sigma. They winced as their companions roared into their ears, threatening to deafen them as they galloped towards Sweet Apple Acres. As they neared neared the farm, however, they heard three more screams of agony coming from the farm. A deep, dark howl, a collected yell and a monotonous bellow. Over in Ponyville, Twilight was hearing the same cries coming from Church's room.

Church's mind now felt as if it was no longer the only one vying for control.

PreviousChapters Next