• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
Dresstic Measures

"So what was that about?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Apparently we have dinner plans." Tex said, slightly confused now that she had actually said it.

"Aw, you and that Tucker guy becoming a thing?" The Necronomicon asked. "Don't worry, me and Do are up for double dates!"

"Does that book have an off switch?" Tex asked threateningly.

"Not that I know of." Church sighed.

"Shame. But are you guys up for dinner? Tucker and Dash told me everyone's gathering for dinner."

"Let me check my calender." The Necronomicon said with a laugh.

"Sounds good, I guess." Church nodded, looking at Twilight.

"That sounds like an excellent idea." Twilight said courteously. "It will be nice to finally sit down with some friends instead of running around through the Everfree."

"Or just being out of dangers way." Church added. "Actually, Caboose is going to be there. When he's around you're always in dangers way."

"Just give me a few moments to collect myself, and I'll be all set to go." The Necronomicon said, falling silent.

"Alright then let's go. No point sitting around here, right?" Tex asked.

"Right." Twilight nodded, looking over to Spike.

"Alright!" Spike said with excitement, jumping onto Twilight's back. "Time to eat!"

"Glad to see someone is enthusiastic." Tex smirked, looking over to Church.

"Enthusiastic is my middle name." Church muttered sarcastically as he opened the door. "Let's just get this over with. The less time I am around the others, the less of a chance I have of dying."

"There's the Church we know." Tex snickered as they filed out the door, being sure to lock it behind them.

"Alright, I'm ready... guys?" The Necronomicon asked, looking around the library."Nobody sides with Ol' Necky."

The four started making their way to Sugar Cube Corner, Twilight giving Tex advice on how to make friends while Church drifted behind them wishing that he was not there. Spike had hopped off of Twilight's back halfway there to talk to Church.

"Got something you want to say Church?" Spike asked with a smile.

"Because whenever I say something's going to go wrong nobody listens..." Church muttered.

"Do you think something will go wrong?"

"I'm one hundred percent certain." Church nodded. "But I'll live... hopefully."

They eventually made it to Sugar Cube Corner, where Twilight instantly knocked on the door.

"Heya Twi!" Pinkie giggled as she opened the door. "Just on time too! Sarge and Applejack just arrived."

"It's nice to hear Gary didn't do any permanent damage." Tex smirked, but her eyes rested on Grif standing next to Fluttershy.

"Yup! Now we can decide where we want to go!" Pinkie said, hopping up and down. "I'm so excited."

"Yeah... why don't you guys decide where we go." Tex said, nodding at Fluttershy to come over. "Hey, Fluttershy, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"O-okay." Fluttershy said nervously, quickly making her way over to Tex, where she stopped and waited patiently.

"Preferably outside."

Fluttershy nodded and quickly trotted out the door.

"Be out in a minute." Tex murmured as she walked out after Fluttershy.

"Careful out there Flutters, she might crush your windpipe if you say something wrong." Grif said defensively.

"Bite me." Tex said icily as she slammed the door shut behind her.

Tex turned back to see Fluttershy covering her face with her mane, trying to avoid eye contact.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Tex sighed, causing Fluttershy to peek out from under her mane.

"W-what do you want to talk about."

"I just wanted to apologize." Tex grumbled.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do. It wasn't right of me to try and hurt you like that." Tex said, extending her hoof. "So how about we put this shit behind us and move on with our lives."

"Okay." Fluttershy said, managing a small smile as she timidly shook Tex's hoof.

"And sorry again if that didn't really sound sincere. Apologies aren't my forté."

"That's alright, I know how much trouble you've been having right now." Fluttershy nodded.

"Thanks." Tex said, relieved that it was over with. "How about we go in and hear about what they've thought of?"

"Wait!" Fluttershy said as Tex turned to go back inside.

"What?"

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you hate Grif?" Fluttershy asked.

"You wouldn't understand." Tex said, shaking her head.

"But I would like to try." Fluttershy pushed.

"Alright, back in the day the Reds manage to capture me, and that yellow asshat lorded it over me." Tex grunted. "That good enough for you?"

"Not really." Fluttershy shook her head. "I mean, that doesn't sound nice, but it's certainly no reason to go out of your way to see him in pain either."

"Fine, it's just... that guy gets on my nerves. And I mean really gets on my nerves." Tex said frustratingly.

"Why?"

"Because do you know what he does for a living? Nothing!" Tex said snappishly. "You can't just go through life not doing anything! You have to work to get what you want! All he does is eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. He preys off of everyone else to survive."

"That's not all he does." Fluttershy said with a sweet smile. "Sometimes he'll come to the market with me and-"

"He's covering up the fact that he's just using you by doing small things." Tex muttered with a sickening smirk. "I'll have to admit, that's something I didn't think he was smart enough to do."

"He's not using me..." Fluttershy said quietly.

"Oh? You feed him and you're giving him a place to stay and he doesn't have to do anything in return. In his eyes that's his perfect world. He has it made, and you're too innocent to see how he's manipulated you."

"He wouldn't do that." Fluttershy shook her head slowly. "Grif's a nice stallion. He isn't the one that you used to know."

"Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I call it like I see it." Tex shrugged. "I just don't want to see you or anybody get hurt by a jerk."

Fluttershy looked at the ground as Tex walked back inside Sugar Cube Corner.

"So, you guys decide on a place yet?" Tex asked, coming into the conversation that continued while she was outside.

"Yes, sadly the only place that can seat this many of us needs to be told in advance, but the same night would be too short notice." Rarity sighed.

"Well we could hypothetically take the train to Canterlot." Twilight said quietly.

"Fuck that! That's just begging for something to go wrong!" Church yelped.

"But they won't, we would take extra precautions as to make everything go right."

"But you're asking Grif to not be an idiot and Tex not to be violent." Sarge chuckled. "That's a recipe for everything to go wrong."

"Is that another double whammy?" Grif asked curiously.

Sarge glared at him right before bucking him in the face, sending him flying into the wall next to the door. Fluttershy opened the door to enter and saw Grif on the ground.

"Hey." Grif smirked as he rolled off the ground. "What'd Tex talk to you about."

"Nothing." Fluttershy said with an unsure smile, promptly walking towards the others, who were now in the heat of the conversation.

"Or, follow me for a second here... we don't go to dinner in a crowded place." Church said, acting shocked. "I know, I'm a god damn genius."

"Are ya sayin' this because you're worried 'bout causin' a scene, or because ya don't want t' be near th' Princess?" Applejack asked, narrowing her eyes on him.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say both." Church shrugged. "But Tex's mark isn't exactly one that would go about unnoticed, don't you think?"

"Ah guess." Applejack nodded, looking at the skull on Tex's flank. "It ain't exactly somethin' we can remove neither."

"Exactly."

"Hey Rarity, what if we got Tex to wear something?" Simmons asked, raising his brow. "It would be pretty easy to cover it up that way."

"That could work." Rarity said with a wide smile.

"Oh hell no, you aren't going to make me wear anything." Tex warned them.

"It's either that or you don't go." Church sighed as Tex shot him a harsh glare.

"Stop me. I'm not going to wear a frilly ass dress!"

"Well, it isn't exactly a dress. It really is more of a gown." Rarity said, slightly offended. "And it isn't frilly, it is extremely sleek."

Tex looked at her cutie mark and began to scowl, wishing that it had been something else. But she knew better than to bring any unnecessary attention to herself now that she was trying to fit in.

"What's it going to be?" Church asked.

"Give me the damn dress." Tex muttered disdainfully.

PreviousChapters Next