• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Psychology

"So just stop by Sugar Cube Corner tomorrow afternoon and we'll get it ready, okay?" Pinkie stated as the group left the bog.

"Okay!" Derpy replied with a smile while shaking her head slowly. "I had a lot of fun today. And it was nice to meet you Caboose, you're really nice and I always like to meet new ponies."

"I am? Hey, I am!" Caboose said. "And I like meeting new ponies too!"

"Bye!" Derpy said as she flew away, zigzagging in the air.

"I should be getting back." Twilight said quietly as she started to trot off.

"What's the hurry smarty pants?" Pinkie asked as she hopped next to her. "Don't you want to walk home with your friends?"

Twilight glanced uneasily at Caboose and hurried her pace, but yelped and slowed her pace when she felt a sharp pain shoot through her side.

"Did that mean manticore do something to you?" Pinkie asked firmly.

"Yeah, it hit me with it's tail." Twilight said weakly.

"That meanie." Pinkie scowled. She shook her head and her features softened as she tapped on Twilight's back. "Do you think we should get a doctor for you?"

"No, I'm fine." Twilight said with a tight lipped smile. "I just need some rest, that's all."

"Alrighty, hurry back home and get some sleep." Pinkie said, parting ways with Twilight. "Let's go Caboose, we need to make sure everything is ready for tomorrow."

"What is tomorrow?" Caboose asked.

"The day after today." Pinkie giggled.

"Oh my gosh, you're right! You are a genie!"

"Do you mean genius?"

"That too!"

"See you tomorrow Twi!" Pinkie yelled before letting out a yawn. "Gee, I'm more tired than I thought."

"Good night Pinkie." Twilight yelled back, smiling.

"Good night Twilight!" Caboose yelled.

"Good night Caboose." Twilight said edgily before starting to trot back home, ignoring the pain in her side.

"What is wrong with her? Is it something she ate?" Caboose asked.

"No, she's acting like she just saw a ghost." Pinkie said. She giggled and started to hop back home. "Oh wait, she did! Church is a ghost!"

Twilight quickly walked up to the door of the library, intent on finding out what happened to Caboose in the bog and how he changed so suddenly and drastically. When she opened the door, Church was sitting at the table before snapping upright.

"Hey Twilight. I'm sorry for storming off like that, I was just stressed out." Church said as he rubbed his neck. He watched Twilight for a few seconds, sensing that she was more deep in thought than usual. "You okay?"

"Yes I am, thank you." Twilight said absently as she walked into her kitchen. "I'm going to make some tea, would you like some?"

"I'm good."

Twilight quickly made a cup of tea and used her magic to take a few books off of the shelves. She sipped the tea as she sat next to the table and opened one of the books.

"What are you reading?"

"Psychology books."

"You're really going to try to make sense of me?" Church chuckled. "Have fun with that."

"Now isn't the time Church." Twilight said harshly. She sighed and rubbed her side where the manticore hit her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell, it's just..."

Twilight fell into a silence as her eyes narrowed on the index and began to flip through the book and stopped on a page and began to read it.

"Something on your mind?" Church said as he shifted uncomfortably.

"After you left and we found the last ingredient, we were attacked by a manticore." Twilight said as she flipped the page. She glanced up to see Church giving her a confused look. "A manticore is a creature that has the body of a lion, the wings of a bat and the tail of a scorpion."

"Doesn't sound like it can compare to a fucking dragon with multiple heads..."

"Hydras are not dragons, they're apart of the reptile family."

"Aren't dragons reptiles?" Twilight looked up to Church and laughed weakly before starting to read the book again. "What? How the hell am I supposed to know the difference?" Church muttered. "So why did it attack you? Just for fun or what?"

"No, we were just in its territory. If it wanted to eat us it would have, but then- ah here we go." Twilight said as she began to write on a piece of paper.

Church leaned over and began to read the page she was on. There was no title on the page, but his eyes rested halfway through the page and he let out a small laugh.

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"You think I have multiple personality disorder?"

"What? No I don't, why would you think that?"

"Well for one, you're reading a medical book and that page is talking about it. Secondly, you look like you're trying to hide something."

"Have you been reading a book on psychology?"

"Maybe." Church shrugged. "Well if you aren't reading up on it for me, then why are you doing it?"

"I..." Twilight trailed off as she recalled the way Caboose changed. "It's hard for me to say. Has Caboose ever acted strange around you?"

"Twilight, are you trying to tell me that Caboose isn't always strange?"

"That's not what I meant. It's just that-"

"Hey you're back!" Spike said as he ran down the stairs. "Church came back about an hour ago without you and told me what happened to him. Did he really get eaten by a hydra?"

"Yes he did." Twilight said.

"So he really did... y'know." Spike said as he scratched his head. "I mean, did you really have to do that to it?"

"Why are you acting like I'm the bad guy here?" Church muttered.

"The girls always solve their problems through talking and stuff..."

"Oh, you still haven't caught on that I'm not a girl yet?" Church replied. "I guess I'll have to try harder."

"I guess you will." Spike laughed as he yawned and rubbed his belly. "Well, I'm going to catch some shut eye."

"I'll be up soon too." Twilight said as she closed the book, just to open another one.

"Alright. Night Twi. Night Church."

"G'night." Church nodded. Once he heard the door shut, Church turned to Twilight and coughed. "So do you need any help with what you're doing, or can I go to sleep too?"

"No, it's okay. I'd say you deserve a good sleep."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Church laughed as he went up the stairs to climb into bed.

PreviousChapters Next