• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
Convincing Arguments

"That certainly was a drastic turn of events." Twilight noted as she watched the passing trees.

"You'll get used to it around those guys." Tex smirked. "They always manage to dig themselves into a pit of shit."

"And I suppose you see yourself as the one that drags them out?" Rarity asked.

"Of course not. I'm the one who stands on the edge waving goodbye." Tex chuckled, then sighed in annoyance. "Just so happens that since I'm standing on the edge they pull me down with them."

"You really dislike them, don't you?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

Tex gave Fluttershy a petulant look, causing her to look away.

"I mean, I guess they aren't that bad on their own. Well Grif is. And so is Tucker. Caboose can be a little bit of a handful. Same with Church and Sarge." Tex said, pausing to think. "Actually, the only one who's alright on his own is Simmons. That guy has a head on his shoulders and knows how to follow orders. I can't bring myself to hate him for that. But when they're all together it's just terrible."

"That's fair." Applejack nodded reluctantly, causing the others to look at her. "Ah mean, just look at Grif n' Sarge. Sarge is a hard worker, and can be kind when he wants t' be. But put Grif in th' room n' bam. He becomes hostile and angry."

"Yeah, these guys are strange." Rainbow Dash snickered, trying to brighten the mood. "But that's what makes them fun to be around, you know?"

"Ah guess." Applejack chuckled. "Him wanting t' prove better than Grif has proven t' be useful. Especially when it comes t' harvestin' apples."

"Sarge seems to rely on his pride more than anything else." Twilight smiled.

"Yeah, but that ain't really a bad thing." Applejack shrugged. "Pride's a good thing t' have."

"I never said it wasn't." Twilight nodded.

Soon the train stopped at the Ponyville train station and they quickly dismounted. The group gathered in the middle of the train station to talk one last time before going.

"Well, I certainly hope this night was as delightful for all of you as it was for Simmons and I." Rarity said sincerely, looking over the skirt once more to make sure it was in perfect condition.

"So is this what it's like to be on a break?" Simmons asked Grif in a confused.

"Sort of." Grif shrugged. "Except for that last part. I wish all breaks tasted that good."

"How much of the food did you throw compare to how much you ate?" Sarge asked with a rough laugh.

"I'd say it's about fifty-fifty." Grif smirked.

"Well at least this time you didn't sell your ammo to the Blues. This time you just ate it."

"Baby steps, sir." Grif said with a mock salute.

"Babies? Where?" Caboose said quickly, followed by a yawn.

"Caboose and I should probably go to sleep soon." Pinkie giggled at the tired eyed Caboose.

"But I don't want to sleep." Caboose pouted.

"But tomorrow is a whole new day filled with adventure."

"I love adventure." Caboose said excitedly.

"Good, but you have to sleep to be able to be ready." Pinkie said, hopping in Sugar Cube Corner's general direction.

"Okay." Caboose said quickly, slowly hopping after her.

"I like the idea of sleep too." Grif said, walking away from the train. "Not sure about the adventure though..."

Fluttershy looked back at Tex, who was talking to Rarity, then turned back to Grif and nodded. Fluttershy then caught up with Grif and began walking home, followed by Tucker and Rainbow Dash leaving the station.

"Still got some stuff on your hat." Sarge said jokingly to Applejack.

"What?" Applejack asked, taking off her hat to look at it, only to grumble once she saw it. "Darn it, thought ah got it all..."

Applejack slowly walked up to the ticket station and hit the service bell.

"Hello again, what can I do for you?" The mare asked pleasantly.

"Hey, d'ya mind if ah clean up mah hat a bit in there?" Applejack asked, pointing to the stall next to the ticket booth.

"Sure thing, let me unlock it for you." The mare nodded, sliding a key under the glass. "Just bring it back when you're done."

"Much appreciated." Applejack said, tipping her hat to the mare before grabbing the key with her teeth.

Once Applejack was inside, Church began walking towards the stall with Sarge.

"Where are you going?" Tex asked curiously.

"We're going to convince Applejack to let the others stay at her place. It shouldn't take too long, so don't run off ahead."

"Whatever, just try and be quick about it." Tex rolled her eyes, about to take a seat on the ground.

"Don't sit on the ground, do you have any idea how dirty it is?" Rarity asked hastily, practically jumping under Tex.

"Right, sorry." Tex grunted insincerely. "I guess I'll just stand here."

"Great. Have a fine night Tex, bring me back the skirt whenever you please." Rarity said anxiously, waving as her and Simmons left the train station.

"Hang on Church, I'll come too." Twilight said, trotting next to Sarge. "You might need some help convincing her."

"Sounds fine to me." Sarge said indifferently as they stopped by the break room.

Church knocked on the door, not wanting to wait for her to come out.

"Can this wait?" Applejack asked pleasantly as she began scraping the icing off of the hat.

"Maybe, but I think it's something we both want to get over with." Church said.

"What are ya talkin' about?" Applejack asked narrowly, opening the door a crack.

"Now that Tex is all set up here, Church decided he was going to grab Gary tomorrow morning and he needs a place to stay." Sarge explained, adding a small smile. "But I think we'll need to put Applebloom in your room so I can take hers."

"Ya want me t' take in Gary?"

"Not just Gary, we'll need you to look after most of the others too." Church said hesitantly. "I know that's a lot to ask since you probably find it difficult to trust just one of them, let alone three."

"Ya don't say. Twi, can ah have a word with ya?" Applejack asked quietly, opening the door wide.

Twilight shared a look with Sarge and Church, before walking in to the room.

"So what's this about ya'll wantin' th' fragments t' stay with me?" Applejack asked, closing the door behind her.

"Well it's just that there isn't any room anywhere else for them. Rarity, Fluttershy and I don't have any room for them, they can't openly access Rainbow Dash's home since none of them are pegasi, and Pinkie isn't exactly the most capable in terms of responsibility."

"Ah don't know Twi." Applejack shook her head slowly. "Ah wouldn't feel 'specially comfortable doin' that. What if Gary goes n' possesses Applebloom?"

"He won't, you have my word."

"Ah don't know..."

"Don't you trust me?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Of course ah trust ya, Twi. Ah trust ya one hundred percent. It's th' fragments ah don't trust."

"But there's nowhere else we can keep them, and I don't feel too happy about letting them loose in Ponyville. At least at the farm there is enough room for them, and different ways to keep them locked up. We can make this work out."

Applejack sighed and shook her head, thinking about what Delta had said about how dangerous they are.

"Please, Applejack." Twilight said quietly.

"Fine, but ah'll try t' think of a few rules for 'em to abide to. And if they so much as break one of 'em, they're out." Applejack muttered. "Not like ah trust 'em t' listen anyways..."

"Thank you. I'm sure once we've talked to them they'll see they have no other choice."

"Ah hope so." Applejack said with an unconvinced smile.

PreviousChapters Next