• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
Plans In Motion

"Theta, what is it you are planning?" Sigma asked as Theta hastily slammed the door to the barn open, shedding some light on a certain easily enraged stallion.

"Why must you be so insistent on ruining my lovely dreams about wholesale slaughter?" O'Malley asked snappishly.

"O'malley, where did Applejack put the bits of tree that you smashed?" Theta asked, unphased by O'Malley.

"In that corner of the room." O'Malley murmured curiously, pointing to the left corner next to the entrance. "Why?"

"You'll see." Theta shook his head, then looked at Sigma and nodded at him.

"Do you know what he's doing?" O'Malley asked Sigma as Theta rushed over to the pile of lumber and began sorting through it.

"Not a clue." Sigma muttered, then walked with O'Malley to inspect the little colt.

"Too thick. Too short. Too splintery." Theta sighed, throwing large pieces of wood over his back.

Sigma grabbed one of the pieces from the pile and looked at it with a curious eye. It was about the length of Theta's body, and it's width was slightly smaller than that of Theta. He glanced at Theta, noticing a small smile on his muzzle as he glanced about the pieces of tree. Sigma coughed when he realized what his brother was doing, but Theta continued scavenging.

"I believe this one is acceptable, brother..."

"Let me see." Theta said, snapping it out of Sigma's hooves. A gleam appeared in Theta's eye as he smiled at Sigma. "Perfect."

"The shape is good, but I'm afraid you don't have any wheels." Sigma mused as he looked at the smaller chunks of wood. "Perhaps we could-"

"What are you making?" O'Malley asked, angry that he had to sit there and guess.

"Theta is making a-" Sigma stopped himself and looked at the pile of small chunks again. he grabbed four of the smaller pieces and tossed them at O'Malley. "Do you think you can do me a favor?"

"Depends. What kind of favor? Do I get to be violent?"

"Yes, actually." Sigma said and smiled as O'Malley beamed. "I want you to make those into small wheels. Do whatever you must to do so. Bite, stomp, yell at them if that works."

"I see what it is you're doing." O'Malley nodded slowly. "But why don't you say it out loud, you know, just to get it out there."

"We're making a skateboard for Theta." Sigma sighed, putting the long piece of wood next to the smaller pieces.

"I knew that." O'Malley grunted, then began pushing the two small colts out of the barn. "Give me a few seconds. Seven and a half max."

O'Malley lightly booted his brethren out the barn door and slammed it shut. Less than a millisecond later, O'Malley began letting out an extravagant war-cry. Theta turned to Sigma to ask what O'Malley was doing, but saw by the small smirk on Sigma's face that O'Malley was indeed helping them. As Theta turned back to the door, it opened up extremely violently and O'Malley pushed a pure wooden skateboard out the door.

"Where did you get the screws?" Theta asked as he grabbed the skateboard, both out of curiosity and out of fear.

"That would be telling." O'Malley said, putting his hoof on his nose.

"Riiiight." Theta said, slowly backing away from him. He put the skateboard back on the ground and put both of his right legs onto it and shifted his weight to that side of his body, testing how much it could handle. Satisfied, he stomped on the back end of it, sending it flipping into the air, where he grabbed onto it with his teeth. "Thanks for the help."

"Not at all. Next time you need any work like that, don't hesitate to make me angry so I get better at it."

"I must say, you even surprised me with how quickly you did that."

"I take my violence seriously, thank you very much." O'Malley huffed, then slammed the door shut.

"If not his love of damaging everything, you must admire him for how well he does what he does." Sigma said quietly.

"Yeah. Now come on." Theta muffled through the skateboard as he set off on his path to get back to the girls.

Sigma nodded and quickly trotted after Theta, making a short trip to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. When they got there, Scootaloo was sitting at the bottom of the ramp, looking at her scooter. The other two crusaders were sitting on the ramp, simply watching Scootaloo as she made small adjustments to her vehicle.

"I thought you guys said you'd be an hour." Applebloom said with a smile when she saw the two Sidekicks walking towards them.

"They probably gave up on what they were doing when they realized I would win." Scootaloo said with an amused giggle.

"Uh, I don't think so." Sweetie Belle said quietly, tilting her head to see what Theta was holding.

Scootaloo looked away from her scooter, intending to only glance at him, but paused when she realized what he had in his mouth.

"Like it?" Theta asked after spitting it onto the ground.

"Where did you get it?"

"That would be telling." Theta smirked. "How much longer are you going to be fiddling with that thing?"

"I wasn't fiddling, I was just handicapping myself to let you win."

"I thought you said you were tightening the wheels so they made you go straighter and faster." Sweetie Belle muttered, and Scootaloo slowly looked at her with an agitated expression. "What?"

"Nothing." Scootaloo said thinly, but shook it off and smiled at Theta. "Ready to go?"

"I was waiting on you."

"Yeah, well-"

"I believe the protocol is that smack talk happens during the race, not before." Sigma interrupted as he turned around and began making his way out of the orchard.

"You heard him." Scootaloo said, hopping to all fours. "Let's get this race started. If we can even call it that."

Theta shook his head before grabbing the board with his teeth. He then trotted with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle after Sigma and Scootaloo. It took them less than a minute to get out of the orchard, and when they did Scootaloo picked up her speed and went straight towards the gate. Theta darted past Sigma and caught up with Scootaloo, where he put his skateboard on the ground and began testing it again.

"So, uh, when did this become just about them? I mean, weren't we all supposed to race?" Sweetie Belle asked as they reached Sigma.

"We woulda lost if we went up against 'em." Applebloom shrugged.

"I guess, but-"

"I believe it is good that we are not participating." Sigma said as he walked with the other two crusaders to the gate. "This is one of the few things Theta has no trouble with. Even so, it would be best if he only has one opponent for now. We don't want to overwhelm him."

"You guys counting down yet?" Scootaloo asked loudly from the gate.

"So where are we racing to anyways?" Theta asked as Scootaloo adjusted her helmet.

"First we start here at Sweet Apple Acres. After that we go to Fluttershy's cottage, then go under Dash's home, then to the Carousel Boutique, followed by Sugarcube Corner and we'll finish at the library. Got it?"

"I don't know where all those places are." Theta said quietly.

"Doesn't matter since I'm going to win anyways." Scootaloo smirked. "Basically we just follow the dirt path to Fluttershy's house, and from there you'll see a cloud home, that's Rainbow Dash's place. Then from there it's a straight shot through the clear center of town to hit the boutique, the bakery and then the library."

"Okay, I think I got it." Theta nodded.

"On your marks!" Applebloom shouted.

"Hey, Theta." Scootaloo said, holding up her hoof to Theta. "Good luck."

"Get set." Sweetie Belle sang.

"Thanks." Theta smiled, reaching for her hoof to shake it.

"Go." Sigma said with a strange tone.

As Theta neared her hoof, she pulled it away and zipped down the path on her scooter, leaving an unbalanced Theta to get back on his skateboard. Once he did he quickly set off after his speedy opposition. Applebloom shared a look with Sweetie Belle, then followed Sigma as he began walking out the gate to go to the library to see how this played out.

PreviousChapters Next