• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
Oscillation

"So this is it?" O'Malley asked, casting a pleasant gaze over the forest. "Yes. Yes, this seems to be most flammable indeed."

"What's your obsession with fire now?" Church asked as he walked through the gate.

"It's not an obsession. It's really more of a hobby." O'Malley sighed happily.

"Do not worry about him, Epsilon." Delta said, stepping in line with Church, matching his speed. "As I said, he has no means of making fire."

"I know. It's just that he never shuts up." Church muttered, looking back at O'Malley who was following at his own, slower place, taking time to admire the scenery that he could burn down in an hour. "Maybe we should stitch his mouth shut."

"If anything that would make him more violent and would have to act on his thoughts rather than talk about them." Delta said quietly.

'What did you say?" O'Malley asked boldly, not having paid attention.

"We're talking about how much we hate you." Church said loudly.

"Oh." O'Malley muttered. He smiled. "In that case I hate you too."

"Glad to hear it." Church muttered as they reached the door to the farm house. "Now remember, don't fuck up."

"Would I ever do that?" O'Malley asked.

Church rolled his eyes and gave the door a few knocks, then stood straight. Applejack opened the door a few seconds later and her eyes shot to O'Malley, and then to Church, giving him a clear look of suspicion.

"Hey AJ." Church nodded.

"Hi." Applejack said quietly, looking at both Delta and O'Malley.

"Yeah, sorry about no short notice or anything." Church said sheepishly, turning to look at them. "Really short notice."

"What's wrong with your head?" Applejack asked.

"Never mind that, Spike shot me in the head with a fireball." Church shook his head.

"What?" Applejack asked quickly, the mistrusting look in her eyes vanishing instantly. "Are ya alight? Did it-"

"Thanks, but I'm fine." Church assured her.

"Come on in, we should probably get ya'll introduced to the family." Applejack said as she pulled the door open and stepped to the side.

"Go on." Church said to the others.

"I like this place." O'Malley said quietly as he walked in.

"You do?"

"Yes, it looks to be made out of old wood. Very flammable."

"What did he mean by that?" Applejack asked warily as he passed her and began looking at the few portraits on the wall.

"I assume he means that he'll threaten to burn your house down." Church said with a strident laugh.

Applejack's eyes shot to O'Malley, watching him as he picked up one of the portraits and examined it.

"Try not too worry too much." Church said and grunted, slamming his eyes shut as he reached for his head.

"Ah don't think your heads workin' at one hundred percent." Applejack said quickly, reaching out for him in case he began to fall.

"I'm okay." Church groaned as the throbbing in his head passed. He smiled weakly at her. "It's just a migraine. The past few weeks have been stressful."

"Tell me about it." Applejack said testily, obviously referring to Gary.

"Heh." Church coughed awkwardly. "Uh, hey Applejack?

"Yeah?"

"I never really thanked you for this." Church sighed, waving Delta in.

"For what? Keepin' th' fragments here? It's no big dea-"

"No, it is. You didn't have to do it, and I'm sure you are regretting it. I mean, how could you not, right? You're basically housing psychopaths. You're risking your safety and the safety of your family to help."

"Well, better here then somewhere with access t' th' direct public." Applejack shrugged, then stared at Delta who took the portrait away from O'Malley and placed it back in place. "Ya'll needed help, and with all this space it woulda been wrong of me to not take them in."

"I wish I could be that trusting." Church sighed. "I should probably get back just in case what I have isn't only a migraine. Do you think you'd be alright?"

"Ah have Big Macintosh an' Sarge t' help out. Ah guess now Delta too." Applejack laughed. "Ah think ya need t' slow down a bit. Don't worry about us, we can handle ourselves."

"I know." Church nodded, then looked inside. "Delta?"

"Do not worry, I will put my attention on whomever Applejack decides I should watch." Delta said, watching O'Malley's every move.

"Good." Church said as he turned and began walking away. "See you later Applejack."

"See ya." Applejack said tipping her hat slightly, then closed the door to turn to the AIs. "Alright you two, front an' center."

Delta instantly walked up to her while O'Malley turned to her and scoffed, before resuming his examination of the house.

"O'Malley, get over here, need t' have a word with you both."

"I can hear you just fine over here." O'Malley grunted.

"O'Malley, it would be best not to insult her by not listening to her." Delta said, not looking at O'Malley. "You may not like it, but you have to be respectful."

"Oh? Says who?"

O'Malley became surrounded by a green mist and snapped to Delta's side, held in place by Delta's magic. Delta simply stood still, listening attentively.

"I will find a way to kill you and when I do your death will be slow and painful." O'Malley vowed. "It really will."

Delta ignored O'Malley's threat and nodded at Applejack.

"Thank ya kindly." Applejack said with a thin smile.

"Not at all."

"Let me go this instant!" O'Malley commanded, struggling to break free of his bonds.

"It won't take long." Applejack said. "Th' only thing ah wanted t' tell ya was-"

"I understand your family is the main thing you focus on and I will do my best to help keep the others in line so they do not come to harm." Delta nodded.

"Thanks." Applejack nodded slowly, not liking having been interrupted.

"Ha, she's already tired of you!" O'Malley boomed.

"Can ya...?" Applejack nodded at O'Malley.

"Certainly." Delta said, closing O'Malley's mouth.

"Thanks." Applejack smiled as O'Malley glared at Delta, then began walking into the next room. "Come on, we should probably let th' others know ya'll are here."

Delta nodded and walked into the next room, bringing O'Malley with him as he continued holding him. They walked into the kitchen and saw Sarge sitting at the table with Big Mac and Applebloom.

"Hello Sarge." Delta said with his usual, formal tone.

"Green." Sarge nodded, then looked at O'Malley seriously. "Change of plans?"

"Yup." Applejack sighed, taking a seat at the table, then motioned towards it.

"Somethings different about you." Sarge muttered, staring at O'Malley who was glaring furiously at Delta. "I'm liking it." He laughed when O'Malley yelled something in a muffled voice. Sarge put his right hoof up to his ear. "What was that? You'll have to speak up." Sarge rolled his eyes when O'Malley's face began turning purple. Sarge tutted and looked at Delta. "Might want to let him breathe."

"Right." Delta said quickly, releasing O'Malley instantly.

"That... was very... rude..." O'Malley panted, gasping for air.

"I apologize." Delta said quietly.

"Good to know he can get suffocated." Sarge grinned. "I'll have to remember that."

"Who're they?" Applebloom asked curiously, taking a bite out of her apple.

"Green one is Delta, red one's Omega, but we call him O'Malley." Sarge muttered.

"Oh, okay." Applebloom nodded slowly. "Are they related t' Gary?"

"Why would you think that?" Sarge asked.

"Well, neither of 'em have a main or a tail." Applebloom shrugged.

"They're related in a way." Applejack said.

"Are they as strange as Gary?"

"That depends what you mean by strange." Delta said quietly. "His vocal oscillation is flat, so you could be referring to that, or you could be referring to the fact that he does not have a cutie mark, which I can only assume was explained to you. Or perhaps you refer to the fact that Gary regards people and ponies as shisnos, which is a term you are unfamiliar with. Is the fact that he is strange referring to any of those points? If so then I would say no, because my vocal patterns sounds a lot more natural and refined, I have my cutie mark and I refer to people with respect."

"Uh." Applebloom blinked dumbly. "Ya lost me at oscimitation."

"Oscillation." Delta corrected her. "Oscillation refers to how ones voice fluctuates, and Gary speaks in monotony."

"Yup. You're strange." Applebloom nodded, but smiled as she did so.

PreviousChapters Next