• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Fresh Air

Twilight turned in her bed, unable to fall asleep. She looked at her clock and noted how she had been tossing and turning for over five hours. Sighing she looked down to Spike's bed, where he was snoring lightly, tired from all the running around. She grabbed her cover and slipped out from under it, making sure not to wake up Spike. She quickly, but quietly, made her way to the door and opened it. She looked back to Spike, who was still sleeping soundly, and went out of the room. She made her way to Church's room to talk to him, but the door was open and Church was nowhere to be found. She looked down the stairs and saw that the front door was open, so she quickly made her way down and up to the door.

"Fuck." Church muttered as he thought of his predicament.

"Church?" Twilight asked, stepping outside to talk to him.

"Hey Twilight." Church sighed, not turning to see her. "What are you doing?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing."

"I just can't find out what the hell to do, so I came out here for a breather."

Twilight stared at Church, beginning to believe that this was starting to drive him mad.

"What?"

"I think you should get some rest." Twilight said quietly.

"I'm not tired though. And I'm not going to sleep until I find out what the hell I'm going to do with the others." Church sighed, looking at the stars for aid. "I can't become the Alpha again because if I do I'll just end up going crazy again, but at the same time I can't let them leave to do their own thing because they'll harm innocents. It's a lose-lose situation."

"Can't you convince the others to not do anything bad?"

"I could probably convince Tex to not do anything bad, and letting Gary go wouldn't be as bad since he wouldn't hurt anyone, but he would still stir shit up. It's mostly Sigma and O'Malley I'm worried about."

"Couldn't you just ask them to stay docile?"

"Why the hell do you think they'd agree to that?"

"They're pieces of you, so shouldn't they have to listen to you?"

"If I was the Alpha, then maybe, but as Epsilon I'm just another piece like them. I hold no power over them besides memory."

Church hung his head, unable to find a satisfactory solution.

"You might as well go inside." Twilight said softly, trying to help him up. "Sitting out in this temperature isn't going to get you anything besides a cold."

"Maybe if I get sick, they will too." Church chuckled.

"That will just make them more grumpy." Twilight laughed, nodding at Church, prompting him to stand up.

"Probably." Church muttered, stretching his legs. "So what are you doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep either."

"Any idea why?"

Twilight opened her mouth, but closed it and shook her head slowly, not wanting to put any unneeded pressure on him.

"Thanks for getting me." Church said, sensing tension. He then walked to through the door and embraced the warmth of the room. "It's good to know someone cares enough about others to try and knock some sense into them."

"No problem." Twilight said feebly, looking up to the moon.

"Is something wrong?" Church asked, noticing Twilight sitting outside.

"Yes, just grabbing some fresh air." Twilight said as she got up to go inside. "Since I'm up, I might as well stay up to help you figure this out."

"You don't need to do that, I can find a solution on my own."

"If you could have thought of a solution, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

"Good point." Church nodded.

"Do you want any coffee?" Twilight asked as she walked to the kitchen. "Hot chocolate?"

"No, I'm good. Thank though."

Twilight nodded and went into the kitchen. She walked up to her kettle and filled it with water, before putting it on the heater for a few minutes. While the water began to boil she went to a cabinet and took out two bags of hot chocolate mix and placed them next to the kettle. She opened the cupboard above the kettle and took out two mugs. Once the kettle began to whistle she took it off the heater and poured an equal amount into both mugs. She grabbed a spoon from a drawer and mixed the chocolate in with it. She let them cool briefly as she grabbed a plate and placed them on it. She used her magic to grab the plate with the two hot chocolates and walked back into the other room. She stopped for a few moments when she saw Church, barely awake, resting his head on the table.

"You really do need sleep." Twilight said as she placed the hot chocolate next to him.

"Maybe." Church yawned, sitting up to wake himself up. He looked at the second mug and raised his brow. "I told you I didn't need any drinks..."

"You also said you weren't tired."

"You're too smart for your own good." Church laughed as he accepted the mug and sipped from it.

"Yeah." Twilight nodded slowly. "Smart."

"Okay, something is definitely wrong." Church said, placing the mug back down on the table. "What is it?"

"It can wait." Twilight assured him.

"By the way you're acting, no, it can't."

Twilight looked into Church's eyes, seeing that he was generally concerned for her.

"If you can't tell me, you can't tell me." Church shrugged. "I'm just trying to help you like you've helped me."

"I can't tell you." Twilight said meekly. "Besides, our time would better be spent solving the fragment problem."

"Fair enough. Any ideas?"

"All I can think of is letting them go, but as you said that would be dangerous." Twilight sighed, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. "But I think that is all we can do at this point."

"I know, but..." Church trailed off.

"You don't want others getting hurt because you'll blame yourself. But what if we let them have a little trial run?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let them go for a week, keep tabs on them to make sure they don't do anything reckless. If they don't then we can let them go for the rest of the month, still keeping tabs on them. After that we'll have had time to see if we are comfortable with letting them loose."

"And if they do do something reckless?"

"Then we'll have had a week to think of another solution." Twilight smirked.

"I don't like it." Church scowled briefly. He sighed and let his shoulders sag as he turned to Twilight. "But I guess there really isn't anything else we can do..."

"Great, now that that's out of the way." Twilight said, using her magic to grab a book off the shelf.

"What are you doing?"

"Some research." Twilight said as she opened the book, showing Church the cover.

"Multiple personalities again?" Church asked curiously.

"Well we are dealing with multiple personalities." Twilight said sweetly.

"Funny." Church said sarcastically.

Twilight and Church looked at each other and started to laugh. The laughter slowed in the coming minutes and soon they were sitting at the table just smiling at each other.

"So are you going to go to sleep now?" Twilight asked.

"I guess I could use some sleep. What about you?"

"I think I'll stay up a bit longer."

"Don't stay up too late." Church laughed, finishing off his mug of hot chocolate. He place the mug on the table and started towards the stairs. "Thanks for helping me do this. I really can't thank you enough."

"It's no problem." Twilight smiled. Church nodded and went up the stairs. Twilight sighed and looked out the window, back to the moon. "No problem at all."

PreviousChapters Next