• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,258 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,258

PreviousChapters Next
Rest

Grif left the building and sat outside as the other guys were making fun of him, Fluttershy following close behind him. There was a clear view of the sunset and Grif felt oddly at ease. Fluttershy sat with him, staying silent as they both watched the sun set.

"It’s so beautiful." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, I never really took the time to watch the sun go down from where I'm from." Grif said. "Now that I think about it, I don't even remember the sun moving. It really makes you feel at peace."

Fluttershy raised her brow then frowned as she looked at Grif’s tattered appearance.

"Does it hurt?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

"It fucking kills." Grif said with a laugh, then he shrugged. "But I've lived through worse."

"How do you do it?" Fluttershy asked.

"How do I do what?" Grif asked in return.

"Everything." Fluttershy said. "You look like you should be in the hospital, but here you are outside, watching the sun set. Maybe we should get you checked at the hospital."

"Stop worrying about me." Grif said. "I'll be perfectly fine, I just really need some sleep. My body may appear to say otherwise, but I am perfectly fine."

Fluttershy nodded then hugged Grif tightly. Grif stared at Fluttershy with a confused expression.

"Uh, what was that for?" Grif asked.

"For going out of your way to save Angel." Fluttershy said.

"Don't mention it." Grif said, blushing slightly.

"I really do appreciate it though. I mean, look at you. You seem to be in a lot of pain and I feel like you are trying to hide what you are feeling."

"The only thing I felt was guilt." Grif admitted with a weak laugh. "I fell asleep while watching the animals. If I had stayed awake then none of this would have-"

Fluttershy leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Grif was taken aback and flinched. Fluttershy pulled her head back and she blushed deeply.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do tha-" Fluttershy gasped.

"Don't worry about it." Grif coughed awkwardly. "We've all had a long day. Let's go tell the others we're ready to go."

"Okay." Fluttershy said, her cheeks deepening in color.

Grif then got up and limped to the door. Fluttershy got up and took some of his burden by placing his foreleg around her neck. Grif let out a brief smile, then shook it off and opened the door.

"Alright, you guys ready to get moving?" Grif asked.

All of them nodded and made their way out the door. Once all the others left, Grif looked at Zecora.

"Listen, uh, Zecora. I just wanted to say thank you."

Zecora looked at Grif and nodded before she walked in to the next room. Grif then went outside with the others and they made their way back the way they came. Grif limped at a steady pace thanks to Fluttershy and Tucker carrying him along. The group saw that they were being watched by the timberwolves and Grif couldn't help but feel that they were watching him specifically.

"Pick up the pace Grif." Sarge grunted. "We're almost there and I don't like the way they're watching us."

"Yeah, because being watched by them is so much worse than being attacked by them." Grif grunted, trying to speed up.

They finally got out of the forest and they said their goodbyes, leaving Fluttershy and Grif alone.

"I can't wait to get some more sleep..." Grif groaned quietly.

Fluttershy smiled and slowly aided Grif to her house with Haley by his side. She opened the door and Grif took his leg away from her and started to limp to the couch. Fluttershy walked slightly faster and blocked him.

"You go sleep in my bed... if you want to, that is." Fluttershy said quietly. "I'll sleep on the couch."

"Are you sure?" Grif asked hesitantly.

"Yes, you need a good night’s rest." Fluttershy said.

"Okay, sweet." Grif said, walking into her bedroom. "Thanks. G'night Fluttershy."

"Good night Grif." Fluttershy said happily.

Grif looked back at Fluttershy who was climbing on the couch, trying to get comfortable. Grif smiled and then went to close the door behind him, but Angel ran up to Grif and hugged his leg and he smiled.

"You're... welcome?" Grif asked.

Angel looked up at Grif and closed his eyes and then ran to the couch and curled up next to Fluttershy. Grif yawned as Haley ran through the door and jumped on the bed and instantly fell asleep. "You've got the right idea." Grif said, jumping onto the bed.

It took Grif only a few seconds to fall asleep in the bed, which was currently the comfiest place he could ever dream of sleeping on.

Grif woke up to find that Fluttershy was standing next to him with a bowl. Grif groaned as he propped himself up.

"Ugh, my back is so damn stiff." Grif muttered sourly.

Fluttershy said nothing as she propped a wooden tray over him then placed the bowl on it.

"Uh, thanks?" Grif said.

Fluttershy smiled, and Grif noticed that her cheeks were a brilliant shade of crimson. She squeaked when she saw that he’d recognized this, and hurried out of the room, leaving Grif alone with his soup. Grif finished it quickly, finding himself hungrier than he had thought he was. After he finished, he got off the bed and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His scars seem to have been treated and the more serious wounds were patched up. He groaned and left the room and Fluttershy was sitting on the couch with Angel.

"I'm glad to see you are up." Fluttershy said. "You were so... dead... to the world."

"How long was I asleep?" Grif asked.

"It was about seven in the evening when we got back, and it is almost noon now. I hope you don't mind, but I went in and treated your wounds while you were asleep."

"I don't mind at all. Thanks for patching me up."

"Not at all." Fluttershy said with a smile. "I like helping ponies just as much as I like helping animals."

"What a coincidence." Grif said with a laugh. "I love being helped."

PreviousChapters Next