• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,262 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,262

PreviousChapters Next
Raising the Scale

"Where the hell is this cave?" Simmons asked.

"Just keep following the path." Tucker said.

"I can barely fucking see it." Simmons muttered.

"Stop whining you baby. It's not helping us get there any faster." Rainbow Dash said.

"I'm not whining. I'm complaining." Simmons said. "They are two completely different things."

"Well said Simmons,” Rarity said before turning to Rainbow Dash, “if you are going to yell at him, at least get your facts straight."

"Thank you Rarity." Simmons said as recognition flickered across his face. "Wait a second... hey!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean it that way." Rarity said sincerely.

"Let's just go, I want to get this over with." Tucker said.

After a few more minutes of walking, they came to a large opening in the side of a mountain. There was a wooden sign with an X carved on it, and standing next to it was a statue of a bear cub.

"I can't say much for the decor." Rarity said.

"I don't think that's decor." Simmons said quietly.

"What do you..." Rarity started.

Suddenly Rarity’s eyes went wide when she remembered what cockatrices do, and she looked over at the trapped cub and frowned. "Poor thing. We should find a way to help him."

"I don't think there is much we can do." Simmons said quietly. "Let's just grab the scale and hurry back."

Rarity nodded slowly but continued looking at the trapped creature. The group quietly made their way in to the cave, slowly walking into blindness.

"Stand still for a second." Rarity whispered.

"What is it?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Shh." Rarity said as she focused. Rarity’s horn then burst into dazzling light and everypony shut their eyes.

"What are you doing?" Tucker hissed. "Trying to blind us?"

"Quite the opposite." Rarity said.

Everypony then opened their eyes to see that the cave was as bright as day. "Good thinking." Simmons said.

"I try." Rarity said modestly.

The group then continued further into the cave, trying to find any hints of a cockatrice. Tucker was walking ahead of them when he suddenly backed up against the wall, motioning his hoof to follow his lead.

"What's wrong?" Rainbow Dash asked quietly. "Is one in there?"

"No." Tucker replied. "More like fifty."

"What are we going to do?" Simmons whispered.

"I don't know." Tucker said. "Should we just run in and snatch one?"

"That does not sound like the best of plans." Rarity said.

Tucker muttered something under his breath and peaked around the corner.

"I think they're sleeping." Tucker said.

"Well at least there is some good news." Simmons said.

"I say we do Tucker’s plan." Rainbow Dash said. "Slowly go in, snag one, and then run."

"I'll do it." Tucker said quickly.

"Be careful."

"Careful is my middle name." Tucker said jokingly as he started walking towards the group of cockatrices and spotted one that was not sleeping near the others. Its body slithered slightly and Tucker froze. After a couple of seconds he continued towards the sleeping creature. "Where the fuck is its tail?" Tucker muttered quietly to himself.

Tucker slowly walked over it, looking for its tail. After a brief time he found it, but he realized that it was tucked under its body. Tucker groaned, decided that it wasn’t worth it, and started towards one of the ones that was closer to the others. Rainbow Dash decided to go and help Tucker when she saw that he was headed towards the larger group. As she started into the room, she stumbled, ending up right in front of the lone cockatrice. She had too much momentum, and not enough time to take off, as she bumped right into the sleeping chicken-snake. The cockatrice screeched after being awoken so abruptly by this intrusion. It then slithered up, balancing on its tail, continuing the screeching noise.

"Fuck." Tucker exclaimed.

The cockatrices that had been all clumped together all awoke at this, adding their own screeches to the mix, filling the cave with deafening volume, disorienting Rainbow Dash and Tucker. Fortunately, the group of cockatrices were more interested in their sleep, simply slithering deeper into the cave instead of worrying about the intruders. The lone one remained however, eyes scanning for what had woken it. Spotting the still-stunned Rainbow Dash, it quickly slithered over and constricted her with its snake-like body.

"Help!" Rainbow Dash managed, the sound hoarse from the lack of air in her lungs.

Simmons horn started to glow as he quickly took action to try and help Rainbow Dash, but he wandered too close to the cockatrice and its prey. He was rewarded with a powerful swat of the cockatrice’s tail, sending him flying into a wall and drooping down as he lost consciousness.

"Rarity. Do something." Rainbow Dash wheezed.

"I can't. If I stop to use a different spell we will be blinded." Rarity yelled.

The cockatrice then tightened its grip, giving its head enough room lock its gaze with Rainbow Dash’s terrified eyes. Rainbow Dash yelped as she felt her hooves turning into stone. Tucker took action immediately, taking off like a shot. He collided heavily with the cockatrice, causing it to release Rainbow Dash as it flew into the wall of the cave.

"Come after me you fucking asshole." Tucker yelled.

The cockatrice quickly responded to its new attacker, tackling Tucker to the ground and wrapping its tail around his neck. The cockatrice then gazed in to Tucker's eyes and Tucker’s legs began the stony transformation that he had just witnessed occurring to Rainbow Dash. Tucker started to yell in pain, but his voice was crackling. The crackle was not of that of pain or of bones breaking, but that of electricity. The cockatrice’s attention broke from Tucker’s eyes and down to his front hooves, where sparks was appearing.

"What are you doing?" Rainbow Dash yelled.

Tucker looked back at Rainbow Dash and Rarity who were standing there with horrified expressions.

"Run." Tucker said quietly.

"We're not leaving without you." Rainbow Dash yelled.

Tucker shook his head and the electricity surged to his wings and he shot across the cavern, dragging the cockatrice with him.

"Tucker!" Rainbow Dash yelled, flying after him.

Tucker and the cockatrice slammed into the wall which stunned the cockatrice, forcing it to release Tucker. Tucker flew in to the air, collecting his own surroundings and observing the stunned cockatrice. Once the cockatrice regained its senses, it screeched at Tucker and barrelled towards him. Tucker concentrated on the electrical sensation that was coursing through him and forced the current back to his hooves. Suddenly the electricity surged outwards on either side of his hoof, forming a two-pronged blade of crackling energy.

"Now this is interesting." Tucker grunted.

Rainbow Dash charged in, still worried about Tucker and the energy that was was crackling from his body. Her jaw dropped as she saw the energy blade emerge from Tucker’s hoof. Tucker had no time to admire his new weapon however. He flew to the side, dodging the charging cockatrice. As it passed him he sliced downwards, severing the cockatrice’s tail.

"Swish!" Tucker yelled.

The cockatrices that had retreated heard their injured friend and started flooding back into the chamber where they were sitting. Tucker grabbed the severed tail and looked at Rainbow Dash.

"Run!" Tucker yelled.

Rainbow Dash nodded and they took off back towards the entrance of the cave. As Rarity saw them coming and took off as well. Tucker grabbed Simmons on his way by and shot out of the cave, lightning crackling out from his back hooves and wings. They saw the rear end of a bear cub quickly retreating into the underbrush of the forest. “I’m glad that we could save the poor thing.” Rarity said at the sight.

The group quickly made their way back to Zecora’s place. Rarity opened the door, allowing the exhausted forms of Rainbow Dash and Tucker to go in first. Tucker put Simmons on the ground and promptly collapsed onto the ground himself, his legs giving out as the adrenaline flowed out of his system.

"That... was awesome." Rainbow Dash panted.

"Yeah, it was... wasn't it?" Tucker said, smiling weakly. "Now I just have to find out how the fuck I did it."

"Do you have the scales?" Grif asked.

Tucker looked over at Grif and tossed the severed tail at him. Grif caught it and looked at it, then back to Tucker.

"Nice going." Grif said. "But couldn't you have made it back here faster?"

PreviousChapters Next