• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,263 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,263

PreviousChapters Next
Wedding - Reveal

Everypony had gathered and boarded the train to make their way to Canterlot just hours after the sun had risen the next morning.

"A sonic rainboom. At a wedding." Rainbow Dash said slowly. "Can you say best wedding ever?"

"Best wedding ever!" Caboose and Pinkie yelled in unison.

"So you all get to help with a big fancy wedding, but I'm the one that gets to host the bachelor party." Spike said smugly. "I have one question. What's a bachelor party?"

Everypony laughed at Spike. Everypony except for Tucker who had a wide smile on his face.

"Bachelor parties are probably the coolest kind of parties you can go to." Tucker laughed.

"Really?" Spike asked. "Do you think you could tell me more about them."

"Fuck yeah little dude." Tucker laughed.

Church walked up to Applejack and coughed lightly.

"Hey there Church. What kin ah do ya for?" Applejack asked with a wide smile.

"Twilight seems a little dejected." Church said quietly. Applejack looked over to where Twilight was gazing out the window. "Do you think you can talk to her?"

"Ah think ah kin do that." Applejack nodded. Applejack and Church slowly walked up to Twilight who was sitting completely still as she gazed out the window sorrowfully. "And why th' long face sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"I'm just thinking about Shining Armor." Twilight said sadly. "Ever since I moved to Ponyville we've been seeing each other less and less. And now that he's starting a new family with this Princess Mi Amore Cal-whatshername we'll probably never see each other."

"Come on now, yer his sister. He'll always make time for ya."

"He couldn't seem to make time to tell me he was getting married." Twilight said angrily as she closed the blinds on the window with her magic.

"Relationships can be stressful, try not to hold it against him." Church said.

Twilight nodded but said nothing as the train rounded a corner to be faced with Canterlot.

"We're here! We're here!" Pinkie exclaimed with joy.

"Are we there yet?" Caboose asked.

Before anypony answered the train passed through a large pink bubble and everypony suddenly froze, shocked by the sensation.

"What the hell was that?" Grif asked quietly.

Nopony answered as they had all been thinking the same thing. The train stopped at the station and the doors shot open. Applejack and Rainbow Dash peered their heads out of the cart and looked around.

"Woah. What's with all the guards?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"They're probably just taking necessary precautions." Simmons said. "This wedding is sounding like it is kind of a big deal."

"Royal weddings do bring about the strangest ponies." Rarity agreed.

Pinkie started to inhaled sharply, as if startled, and everypony turned to Pinkie. Pinkie sneezed loudly as streamers and confetti shot out of her nose. She smiled and trotted off the train happily as everypony continued to stare at her.

"Now let's get going." Rarity said, starting to walk with Pinkie. "We have work to do."

"An' you've got a big brother t' go congratulate" Applejack said to Twilight.

"Yeah. Congratulate." Twilight muttered as she walked past the Royal Guard. "And then give him a piece of my mind."

Everypony stared curiously at her as she kept walking.

"What's with her?" Tucker asked.

"She's just a little pissed that her brother didn't see her in person about the wedding." Church explained. "Let's go, you girls have work to do."

Twilight trotted quickly towards the barracks, where a white stallion adorned with the purple embroidered armor of a Captain of the Royal Guard was directing his subordinates.

"I've got something to say to you mister." Twilight exclaimed.

The Royal Guards nearest to the wall rushed up to it and placed spears in a defensive position, prepared to attack the interloper. The white stallion peered over the wall, took off his helmet and smiled.

"Twily! I missed you kid. How was the train ride?" Shining Armor exclaimed with happiness. "I-"

"How dare you not tell me in person that you were getting married!" Twilight said abrasively. "I'm your sister for pony’s sake!" Twilight turned her head to avoid eye contact with her brother.

"It's not my fault. Princess Celestia has requested a major increase in security. Didn't you see all the guards at the train station?" Shining Armor asked.

"Yeah, there's a big wedding coming up." Twilight said, trotting away from her brother. "Maybe you've heard about it?"

"It has nothing to do with the wedding. A threat has been made against Canterlot. We don't know who is responsible for it, but Princess Celestia asked that I help provide additional protection." Shining Armor explained. He raised Twilight's chin with his hoof and smiled. "This you need to see."

Shining Armor slowly backed up and his horn started glowing extremely brightly. A beam shot out of his horn and up to the bright bubble. When it made contact with the bubble, it pulsated a couple times as the pink darkened in a wave across the surface, and Shining Armor rubbed the side of his head in pain. "The burden of keeping Canterlot safe rests squarely on my shoulders. Staying focused on the task at hand has been my top priority."

"Okay okay I get it. you've got a really important job protecting all of Canterlot with a force field only you can conjure up. But still, how could you not tell me about something as big as your wedding?" Twilight asked sadly as she followed Shining Armor up onto a bridge overlooking the courtyard. She turned to him slowly with a frown on her face. "Am I not that important to you anymore?"

"Hey, you're my little sister. Of course you're important to me." Shining Armor said, putting his hoof on Twilight. He turned away and smiled coyly. "But I would understand if you didn't want to be my best mare now."

"You want me to be your best mare?" Twilight asked excitedly.

"Well, yeah."

"I would be honored." Twilight said happily.

Shining Armor walked up to Twilight and hugged her.

"But I'm still pretty ticked that you're marrying somepony I don't even know." Twilight said, quickly pushing him back at arm’s length. "When did you even meet this Princess Mi Amore Cadenza?"

"Twily... Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is Cadance, your old foal sitter."

"Cadance? As in the Cadance?" Twilight asked. She shook her head and looked at Shining Armor. "As in the greatest foal sitter in the history of all foal sitters?"

"You tell me." Shining Armor chuckled. "She was your foal sitter."

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Cadance is only the most amazing pony ever!" Twilight said. "She's beautiful, she's caring, she's kind..."

Her mind drifted to a fond memory of their time together.

"I am so lucky to have you as my foal sitter." Young Twilight said as she was sitting on a swing.

"I'm the lucky one Twilight." Cadance said as she pushed the swing.

"Ha. You're a princess. I'm just a regular old unicorn."

"You are anything but a regular old unicorn." Cadance said, taking Twilight off of the swing.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake." They chanted in unison. "Clap your hooves and do a little shake."

They both fell back with laughter and Twilight drifted off in to a different memory where a couple were yelling at each other. Cadance shared a glance with Twilight before using her magic to make the couple stop arguing and make up.

"How many unicorns can just spread love wherever they go? I only know of one and you're marrying her!" Twilight exclaimed, snapping out of her reverie. She started jumping around her brother. "You're marrying Cadance, you're marrying Cadance, you're marryin-"

Twilight stopped in surprise at the sight of a pink alicorn. She immediately recognized her as Cadance, who was currently glaring at the siblings.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything important." Cadance muttered.

"Cadance!" Twilight exclaimed. She hopped in front of her old friend and smiled. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake."

"What are you doing?" Cadance asked flatly.

"Cadance it's me. Twilight."

"Uh-huh." Cadance grunted. She walked past Twilight and up to Shining Armor who put his leg around her neck.

"I've got to get back to my station, but Cadance will be checking with all of you to see how things are going. I think I speak for both of us when I say we couldn't be more excited to have you here. Right dear?"

"Absolutely." Cadance said with a malicious look.

Twilight stared at Cadance with a confused look.

"Well, we'll let you get to it." Shining Armor said as he walked away with Cadance.

PreviousChapters Next