• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,275 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,275

PreviousChapters Next
Assuming Direct Control

"That's fucked up." Tucker said after listening to Church ecplain the plan to both him and Rainbow Dash.. Tucker turned to the book and pointed to it. "You're fucked up."

"Why is it that each of them said that to me when you told them about me?" The Necronomicon muttered.

"Because you're fucked up." Grif said from behind Church.

"You're one to talk, yellow-belly." The Necronomicon snapped.

"I'm orange!"

"I'll bet you are."

"He certainly does have quite the personality." Rarity whispered to Simmons.

"Tell me about it, it's like Andy all over again..." Simmons groaned.

"Is Andy another one of your friends?"

"No." All the guys said in unison.

"Come now, if you keep this up you're going to hurt my feelings." The Necronomicon pouted.

"So what, is this thing going to bring Caboose back as a zombie or something?" Tucker asked.

"If so I have thirty seven zombie plans laid out for just such an occasion." Sarge chuckled.

"No, he'll be the same apparently. The only problem is finding the place we need to get to."

"Don't mean to dampen the mood, but I think the first problem is the matter of bringing him back to life when we don't have his body." Simmons said quietly.

"That's true..." Church muttered. "How do you handle your dead here? Do you bury them or what?"

"It has been a few weeks since he passed, so it is more than likely that is the case." Twilight said sadly. "Though I would not be surprised if Celestia had preserved him somewhere."

"Let me guess, to run tests on him, right?" Church asked with anger.

"At the risk of sounding insincere, why do you seem to dislike Celestia so much?" Rarity asked.

"Church doesn't like authority." Tucker muttered.

Church kicked Tucker in the chest, knocking him to fall to the ground.

"Ow my chest!" Tucker said as he rose, rubbing his chest.

"Church, I just meant that since he saved your life she would do her best to respect him." Twilight explained. "She may have ordered him to be placed at Ponyville's morgue."

"How are you going to bring him to that castle or whatever?" Tucker asked, picking himself up off the ground. "Are you going to carry him?"

"Take me to my body and I will do the rest." The Necronomicon stated flatly.

"What do you mean by that?" Church muttered.

"I may or may not be able to inhabit him and take control of him."

"Him being possessed by one asshole is bad enough thank you very much."

"I'm just trying to help..."

"I think that he really (just) wants to take Caboose's body for his own." Tucker whispered to Church.

"For the last bloody time I am not evil!" The Necronomicon yelled. "Celestia as my witness, I will kill you if you suggest that again!"

Everypony looked at him seriously which confused him for a brief moment.

"And it just now dawned on me that my little outburst didn't exactly help my case..."

"No. No it didn't."

"Well you're making it pretty hard not to get angry what with your accusations with no basis besides oh well he just sounds evil."

"If you aren't evil then why were you locked up?" Grif asked. "It's because you're evil, isn't it?"

"Try to summon one daemon lord and suddenly everyone is on your case like you're some sort of monster..."

"Well no shit you were locked up."

"I'm joking. You know exactly why I was locked up..."

"Just Because people... die... if they read you isn't your fault though." Fluttershy said softly.

"See? She gets it." The Necronomicon chuckled.

"Okay. Well Tucker are you going to come or not?" Church asked. "Because if we're going to do it we have to do it soon."

"Fine I guess, but just because I want to be there if Caboose starts eating you."

"If any of you are having second thoughts, now would be the time to leave because once we start there's no going back..."

Fluttershy looked at the ground and mumbled something.

"You okay?" Grif asked.

"I don't know about this... this seems so wrong."

"These guys have done worse." Grif chuckled. "Listen, why don't you go hang out with Pinkie and keep her company or whatever."

Fluttershy nodded and slowly started to make her way to Sugar Cube Corner.

"Anyone else?" Church asked once more and waited five seconds for someone to speak. "Good, then let's go."

Twilight led the others to Ponyville's morgue, which was a small building located right next to the hospital. She stopped at the entrance, beginning to have second thoughts, but she looked back at Church who was giving her a concerned look.

"Something wrong?" Church asked.

"I'm beginning to think this isn't right..."

"I know but you have to listen to me. I think I would be able to live without him, but when I saw Pinkie she looked like nothing mattered to her anymore. When I made that promise to Caboose that I would look after her I meant it, and it looked like bringing him back would be the only way I could do that for him."

Twilight nodded and took a deep breath before entering through the door.

"Listen, you guys stay out here and we'll be back out soon." Church said as he walked through the door.

When he entered he saw a light blue pony with sad looking eyes at the desk.

"Hello." The pony said with a pitiful smile. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Yeah we were just wondering if we could see our friend who passed away over two weeks ago."

"What is your name?"

"I'm Church."

"Any reason in particular you want to see his body?"

"We were his friends." Twilight explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." The pony said sadly. "Are you here to say some final goodbyes?" Church and Twilight both nodded. "Follow me." The pony said, opening a door to reveal a long hallway.

She silently lead Twilight and Church to the end of the hall where there was a locked door. She took a key off the hook next to the door and unlocked it.

"Come and tell me when you're finished and I'll lock up." The pony said before making her way back to the front desk.

Twilight and Church looked at each other before walking in to the room. The room was completely empty except for a large table in the middle of the room where Caboose lay peacefully.

"He looks like he's asleep." Twilight said, examining him, instantly noting stitches. "They even managed to patch up his wound."

"We going to do this or what?" The Necronomicon asked.

"Yeah yeah." Church grunted, taking the book out of Twilight's bag. "So if we let you do this you're not going to run once you're in him, right?"

"I'm not as strong as I used to be. I have to stay within a short distance of myself to stay in control."

"Do we have to do anything?"

"No, just place me next to him and I can do the rest."

Church walked up to the table that Caboose was on and placed the Necronomicon next to his head. A red mist came out of the book and surrounded Caboose's body, quickly seeping in. Twilight and Church stared silently as Caboose's hoof twitched and he slowly sat up. Caboose's eyelids shot open, revealing a pair of red serpent like eyes that gazed around the room.

"Been awhile since I had a body." The Necronomicon said, placing his book body in Twilight's bag. "Let's hurry, I'm not sure if my power can last that long."

PreviousChapters Next