• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 5,530 Views, 353 Comments

Intimate Details - Loyal



Rarity receives a business-saving commission from an unlikely source, thanks to even more unlikely means.

Comments ( 48 )

Loyal , you never cease to amaze me. Such a beautiful work of art you've sculpted for us. It's Truly sad to see this end, but for all good things must come to an end at one point or another. Though with that said it opens the door for somthing new, somthing better. I'm not sure I can speak for others on this , but I know I can speak for myself when I say it's been a true honor to read and expierence your art.

In hope for a better tomorrow.
Mane Medic

3138818 This....Just. This. :twilightsmile:

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through this story. Every chapter has left me wanting more and guessing at what happens next.
I cannot wait for any future stories you update/create. I know that they'll have the exact same love given to them as the rest of your stories have.

Thanks for the experience.
Crim.

3138818 couldn't have said it better.

And thanks for the amazing story, I hope that there are more to come! :raritywink:

Everything has come full circle for sweet Rarity. There doesn't seem to be a more perfect ending for the Element of Generousity. She spent most of her life basically doing it all for others, w/o really any sort of reward or thanks. Basically all she did was give, give, and give some more, even when she could not. But in the end, her generosity came back to her in spades. It's great that life finally shined on her.

And then there is Octavia. What a woman, even to fall in love once again with another woman, but able to get over her faults and stumbles and just be herself again. Not to mention that she's a few steps short of being a nympho (haha, just kidding :raritywink:).

For both of them, they truly got everything--Rarity gets a never-ending supply for inspiration, love, passion (among other things :raritywink:), her sister is pretty much set for life, just like she, and she has a hell of a wife that re-acquainted her with her womanly side; Octavia, to keep it simple, finally got her partner and soulmate, the one piece that made her complete.

Much love to the couple and all their future endeavours!!! And I have to say this, mainly because I am a guy--the romance between the two is truly something to behold. It truly make me wonder how people in real life have the gall to go out and same some stupid crap like a man and a man, or a woman and another woman would not work. It does give me a bit more hope that just like Rarity and Octavia, true love is blind, unpredictable, and not at all what is expected. I just hope that I can find that special someone--man or woman--much the same way Rarity found Octavia.

Beautiful story!!:heart::heart:

dude, i'd love to see a sequel of this. except this time it'd be centered around sweetie and what goes on after she graduated. what do you think?

Progress? Definitely!
Change of pace from other masterpieces? Without a doubt a good one at that.
Yet another reason to keep supporting you and your work? Was there ever any doubt?:trixieshiftright:

I think you give yourself too little credit sometimes Loyal.:pinkiehappy: Great stuff man.

Man, I bloody adored this fanfic and I'm sad to see it go :fluttercry: I guess I'll just have to go read everything else you've done! :pinkiehappy:

I feel i should put something here as I can't upvote every chapter XD.

Loyal I enjoyed this story equally as much as I did Archmage but for different reasons. You have done a wonderful job at telling the story you set out to do and the ending was great. (i am still curious where Twilight went) buut thats more of a 'itch' than anything and takes nothing away from the ending. I look forward to your other works!

Hello Loyal2-1,
This story is purely beautiful, I wish there was more but alas there isn't. The flow of emotions was brilliant and I felt myself connecting with the characters. I am curious to see if there will be a sequel in the future about Sweetie and Scoots, and what happened to Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6.

As a result this is one of my personal favorites on the site and I shall now follow you to the end of the earth because of it. I wish you the best of luck on your future writings and endeavors but as all good things must come to an end, as too does this comment.

Good Writing
~Killabyte

3139867 This. This is a good idea.
It may be a little difficult to pull off, but it's totally worth an attempt.

It was a great ride. Happy I've been able to be here since the beginning. You're work never ceases to impress man. Looking forward to whatever you decide to roll with next ^_^

As a long time follower Loyal, I must say, I can see the improvement.You have said several times that Melody's tale is dead, and I know I need to stop bugging you about it, but I loved that story. After learning what you did here, do you think you would possibly re-write Melody's tale? But, I digress. You did an amazing job, and once again, you're the only author who's brought me to tears from a story. wait... I cried during the third hunger games story. fanfic. Bravo. I am now praying and wishing with all i've got in hopes this isn't your final piece like rumors say. Keep up the phenomenal work. Derpy out.

I'm going to be honest, the only reason I started reading this is because I lost a bet. Before, I thought that all clop fics were just like some cheep pony that has no substance. I am pleased to say that you have changed my prescriptive. The fact that the first three chapters had no sex (as far as I remember, it was so long ago) really let me sink into the world. When all the mature stuff finally happened, I got to know the characters first and it was different than one any other. Then all the love-making actually came form a place of love. I wanted Octavia and Rarity's relationship work because I loved them as characters.Now, I'm not going to lie, at first when the sex came I did the equivalent of plugging my ears and going "lalalalalalalalalala". As the story went on, I realized that I couldn't do that through out the entire story, so I (reluctantly) read the whole story. They were tasteful and I didn't mind reading it. Now that it's all over, I'm a little sad. It was a vary good story and I always got excited because I thought that you posed another chapter.

Keep doing great things and thank you for your effort
-JL

I'll open by saying that I absolutely hated what you did to Twilight and Vinyl.

But the way you executed this story truly made up for it. I enjoyed it immensely, start to finish. Nobody is perfect, but your writing style certainly crafted a story that pulled me in and wouldn't let go until I reached the end.

The character dynamic and the dialogue lent as much to the flow of the plot as much as to the substance, and that can be a hard balance to hit. Often, people get caught up in the details, or they manipulate the character interactions to the point that things feel wooden and forced.

There were a few grammatical quirks, but they bear through more from personal preference than convention.

All in all, quite a delight. I'll be looking over more of your works.

Can I know one thing, what is Sweetie Belle's role in this and how old is she in this? (Need to know for my group)

3439520
For your group?
Erm.
Well she's over 18.
So there's that.

3439523
That's all, thank you.

Incredible. I've never seen characters written so well outside of their usual typecasting in my life, actually. This was a wonderful journey, sir. Many thanks for creating such a work of art.

Well...across the past three days, I've read this story in its entirety. All I can say....is thank you...Thank you for writing this... Thank you so much.......

3543986
There's a sequel :D

Wha-WHAT?!?!

But still...thank you for writing this... I doubt you'll ever understand why, if you care at all, but thank you... If I had a way of actually expressing how much I owe you for the honor of reading this........There...there isn't one.

3821713
Yeah, that's a fairly common reaction.
Enjoying the story thus far? :twilightsmile:

3822241
You single-handedly kidnapped my two OTPs, murdered them, then rubbed the cadavers in my face by switching them up on me. All in the name of a good story :pinkiesick:

AND I LOVED IT, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD :pinkiecrazy::heart::pinkiehappy:

I read this all in one night because I couldn't put it down; I haven't felt this many feels in a Fimfic since I read University Days, or even the Secret Life of Rarity tetrology. :raritycry: If we ever meet in person, I'm getting you a drink :raritystarry: (But not gin, because it is a vile, horrible substance that should not pass the lips of any self-respecting gentleman. That was the only thing I didn't like in this story: the gin)

3823022
Make it a Vodka somewhere in Downtown Denver and we've got a deal.
:rainbowdetermined2:

*looks at the clock* sweet celestia I just spent three hours reading this start to finish. This was an amazing story filled with powerful emotions I wept at parts felt my heart seize with anticipation at others. This story deserves all the praise in the world well written, paced, and presented. It has earned a spot as one of my favourites.

Commence read.

It was a journey, indeed.

4398419
You have my Skype you silly. Send them to me there :P

I would love to either see a sequel or a side story to this in which Twilight attempts to move on with her life. Towards the end, she was honestly the character I was most interested in by far.

4763467
Well I never claimed to be an expert.

4763617 hey, if you're gonna work on becoming an expert in something, boobs aren't a terrible option. Seriously though, great story. That was really the only nit I could find to pick.

Heh, very well done!! I'm normally not one for odd-ball pairings, but this one not only sold me, it kept me invested and utterly spell-bound from start to finish! I loved how things played out, your world had real consequences for people, it felt so real and potent! It made the eventual ending for Tavi and Rarity all the more beautiful and wonderful all at the same time.

Did I feel bad for Twilight at the end? Yup, but that doesn't mean her ending was anything other than just. Same goes for Vinyl, who normally is one of my favorite ponies. In the end, things happened as best they could, and I love this story all the more for it.

Once again, well done, and thank you for such a wonderful ride!

5317850
There's a sequel

guess I found my next potential review-worthy story! but first I will finish another one. with upcoming holidays there will be so much time! let me quote our dear fluttershy: Yay!

Oh man let me tell you... This was some piece of work here

I am BACK, bi... Shut up and start the review already!

Welcome my fellow bronies and pegasisters,

as always let me put a little SPOILER-WARNING here. If you haven´t read the story yet, I´d advice you to not read this comment.

With that out of the way, I can start.

As always, I´ll try to point out the best bits first.

The writing of this story about Rarity´s rise out of an empty, dull, dark abyss called her life, after a harsh break-up with Volde... Ahem her ex is really good. You have your way with words and I enjoyed it pretty much. I don´t understand yet why you never told me about this story before I asked about it. You told me I already picked the best.

Now let me tell you something: Even if the rating won´t show it, This story had been the most thought-invoking for me.

The story was written only from Rarity´s perspective. Some would say this isn´t enough, but I think it is just more work to bring out other characters development then just hers. And you walked this extra mile. You went deep into the dark corners of the AU-tag to turn two of my favourite characters into completely unlikable c****. And even though I could hate you for this, I don´t because you were able to make it believable.

Same for Rarity and Octavia (nice idea for a ship, by the way) whose uprise from their lows into raging se... I mean a beautiful couple *cough* was just as thought out and understandable. But in all seriousness, those to have so much sex, if they were my neighbors, I would be like: "I swear to god, if you don´t shut up for one freaking night I will come up and join!" (worked perfectly with the last ones:pinkiehappy:)

You proved that your storytelling is able to describe such scenarios,

There are, however, a few things that drag it down.

As I said, your writing is good and I can forgive a few typos. What I cant forgive is that at some points your writing turned awkward all of the sudden. I think in your first sex scene you eagerly overused the word eagerly, to show how eagerly they tried get into bed. You see what I did there? Good! Because something like that is not acceptable, when I know you can do better.

Same goes in how often you tell us about Rarity´s unclothing fetish. Even though unclothing people is rather sexy, telling us more than twice is just annoying.

And you always manage to build one or two tiny flaws in, which I find, just to shake my head and ask myself "Why?" I think you do that on purpose :rainbowlaugh:

First of all: After Rarity heals Octavias bruises, they make out and Rarity stops, because Octy stil hasn´t made up her mind, but starts f***ing around with her just a few hours later in the shower? That felt just... wrong. It makes Rarity´s resolve about the issue look so much weaker than it should be.

Second: The relationship between Sweetie and Scootaloo... I wouldn´t have had any problems with it... Untill I read the epilogue.

Do you honestly think that we believe after breaking up completely, Scoots shows up say "Congratulations!" and Sweetie just slaps her, kisses her and everything is fine? This last scene with those to made me question why you put those two together (or apart) in the first place. Just bringing them back together for a bit of extra cream on our dessert makes me wanna know what their problems were in the first place. A question I didn´t need answered before that scene.

Okay my notebook has nothing more to say, what brings me to a final verdict of seven out of ten with and an extra award for being one of the more touching stories, which made me question my own situation in life.

A little advice aside, from my review: Try to find some kind of Soundtrack as recommendation to listen to for your concert scenes, It makse the picture more complete. At least in my opinion.

NightmareShredder:pinkiehappy:

6971627
Eeh, difficult to explain, but a one-piece short dress with an exposed midriff and open back. Heels, coat.

6971943 Oh. And Rarity's top?

6974764
A bodice that pushed her breasts up. The description is earlier in the chapter.

6975040 The color of the coats when they're headed to the club? Were they the same or different? And what about the color of their outfits, aside from the red miniskirt, as in, the color of Rarity's top? And did Amethyst ever take her coat off in this chapter? If not, then I suggest an edit, since she wouldn't have needed the coat while she was inside.

6975043
I'll respectfully decline; this story is several years old, and with how little I've been writing in general, I honestly fail to see the merit in it.

6975302 K. I just like to picture that scenario in my head.

Also, it doesn't say the color and type(laced or unlaced) of Rarity's lingerie, and I know Octavia's is black, but is it laced or not?

6978140 Heavens forbid.

6978599 We can always talk about it through private messaging.

7779146
The sentence was intended to show that Rarity dressed for the symphony in the morning, despite the event taking place in the evening. It's a bit confusing, I admit. I'm sure a minor edit would fix it.

Well, that was a fun read.

YOU!!! You’ve made me question the RariLight religion, you masterful genuines you!!! QwQ

Login or register to comment