• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 13,120 Views, 2,974 Comments

Wake up. See This. What do? (Comment driven story) - RazortheAwesome



(This story is driven entirely by user comments) Out of nowhere you suddenly wake up to find yourself in Equestria with Twilight Sparkle looking down at you with a lascivious grin. What do you do?

  • ...
28
 2,974
 13,120

PreviousChapters Next
Workin on the Farm

You feel like you should greet them. You've got quite a debt to pay there, and you better get started on paying it back. Besides, the commentors think you shoul to... Wait, what?

Suddenly everything goes white.

:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

"You know too much." She says. Solid Snake stands behind her, and nods, because he's Solid Snake, duh.

You wake up from your daydream. What were you thinking about, again? Whatever. You should propably go greet them.

You suppose should go on and greet them. After all you do have a lot of work to do today, might as well get started. Plus, the commenters think that...

Suddenly everything goes white and the world around you disappears.

"You know too much," you suddenly hear the voice of Pinkie Pie say behind you. You turn around to look at her, but the second you do, suddenly you're staring ahead again at Applejack and Big Macintosh coming out of the barn with the cart behind them. That was a weird daydream.

What were you doing again?

Stroll up to them and say "I'm ready to help you ALLONS-Y

Walk up to Applejack and ask "Alright, what's first?"
(She replies)
"Alright then. Allons-y!

You decide to walk up to them and start the morning right with a funny sitcom entrance:

"Heeeeeerrrree's Jason!" You proclaim while jumping in front of them and pointing both thumbs towards yourself, at this point you realize you look like a massive dork, but it's too late now, just hold the pose.

Big Mac chuckles lightly, but AJ just rolls her eyes :ajbemused: Laugh awkwardly as you break the stupid pose then ask if they have a spare hat you could borrow for work today.

Action: Greet AppleJack and Big Mac

You go up to them and say "I, Jason, the guardian of Justice, has ARRIVED!"

*crickets during the awkward silence, Big Mac silently chuckles while AJ just rolls her eyes*

You suppose should go on and greet them, after all you do have a lot of work to do today, might as well get started. You walk right on up to them to let them know that you're there.

Right as you're about to say 'hi' to them, something.... well not exactly terrible, but kind of unexpected happens. Applejack turns over and looks at you, and she's actually smiling.

"Howdy Jason," she says in a rather cheerful tone. "Almost thought ya'll weren't gonna show." While you can understand why she said that, she's still smiling while she does. Now that you think about it, this is the first time you've actually seen her smile since you've met her. This isn't bad in any way, but it kind of takes you back a bit.

Unfortunately, it also kind of messes up the silly entrance you were planning on making....

...

...

...

Oh what the heck, you'll do it anyway.

"Yes, I... Jason Morgan, the guardian of justice, HAVE ARRIVED!!!" You shout for no reason as you walk up to them and point both thumbs to yourself. You realize now that you pretty much made yourself look like a massive dork, but its too late now. The moment has come and gone.

You notice Big Macintosh chuckling to himself at your antics while Applejack just rolls her eyes. You laugh awkwardly to yourself a little before you drop the pose and just stand normally.

"Nice clothes," Applejack says to her, her smile returned. "Where'd yah get em?"

"Oh, these," you respond. "Rarity made them for me."

"Rairty..." is all Applejack responds with. "Could 'ave guessed. Still, ya'll look nice in em."

"Thanks," you reply. This is weird, she really is being nice. "Oh, hey, before I forget." you say as you walk over to Big Macintosh and hand him his clothes back. Thank god you remembered to bring them. "Thanks, but I don't think I'll be needed them anymore." you say to him.

He just looks down at his clothes for a moment before taking them in his teeth and tossing them onto his back.

"Thank you," he replies as he walks over to the farmhouse, presumably to put them away. Now that you think about it, this is the first time you've actually heard him speak. His voice is incredibly deep, but you kind of expected that. For a pony as friggin huge as he is, that type of voice fits him nicely.

With him gone, you turn your attention back to Applejack.

"So, what are we doing today?" you ask her. " You need me to pull the cart again?" You really aren't looking forward to that, but you-

"Nah, don't worry about that," Applejack responds, again with a smile. "Big Mac's got cart duties today. We just need ya'll to help us with gatherin apples. Shouldn't be too hard." You can feel your eyes try to widen out of your head as that statement hits you. You're not about to say anything of object (you've just be handed an opportunity to not pull the cart, of course you are gonna take it), but her sudden change in attitude is kind of freaking you out a little. "Uhh... Jason." Applejack says to you. Her voice breaks you out of your little trance there.

"Wha..." you say like an idiot. "Oh, yeah right. Umm... thanks." At that, Applejack just smiles kindly at you before responding.

"No problem, it's what we do." At that, Big Macintosh comes back and walks up right next to her.

After Applejack and Big Mac tell you what you're going to do today, you develop the sudden urge to say "Geronimo" as a result of channeling the Doctor. Unfortunately, your hollering angers the United State's Army's 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment, who fly by in a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III shouting "You'll never be as cool as us!"

"Right," you say, as you feel ready to go. "Well then." You suddenly turn around to face the endless orchard of apple trees. "GERONIMO!!!" you shout.

-Meanwhile, back on Earth-

A United States Army's 509th parachute infantry regiment flying in a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III suddenly feel themselves get incredibly angry for no particular reason right as they are about to jump.

"YOU'LL NEVER BE AS COOL AS US!!!" one of them shouts right as he jumps out of the plane.

"WHY IN GOD AND SATAN'S NAME DID YOU YELL THAT, PRIVATE!!!" another soldier yells at him as he jumps out too.

"I DON'T KNOW SIR!!!" The first soldier responds.

-Meanwhile, back on Equestria-

"What now?" Applejack says as you turn back to look at her. The look on her face pretty much embodies the expression 'The f**k you just say?'

"Oh, sorry," you say to her. Though you have no idea why you feel the need to say sorry. "Allons-y!" you say instead as you head out into the orchard. Applejack and Big Macintosh just share one confused glance at each other before following. Big Macintosh carrying the empty cart behind him.

Eventually, the three of you get to a spot out in the orchard where you suppose they're going to buck the apple trees. You help them as they set up the wooden baskets around the trees. They seem to be strategically placing them, so you do your best to follow what they are doing. They don't correct you, so you guess that you're doing a pretty good job.

Try really really really hard not to fuck up, and then do so anyway...

Murphies law came to bite you on the ass and you apparently trip on a unsuspecting stump and trip into a tree knocking each and every apple out, with your bloody face

Unfortunately, Murphy's law seems to have it in for you at the moment, because as you're carrying another basket over to another tree, you trip over an unsuspecting stump that you didn't even notice and fall forwards, head first, right into a tree.

You head hits the tree, and you hit the ground shortly afterwards.

you yell them so that they notice you.
you Start walking towards them and watch as they wave back.
Now why are they yelling something abo-
Your head hits a low hanging branch and you fall on the ground.
You can see small pinkie pies hopping around your head. one of them even waves at you.
You just shake your head so that they vanish.
(you don't notice, but the one who waved to you hides inside one of your pockets.)
Applejack runs to you and helps you up.
(everyone needs their own inner pinkie [Creepy laugh that only protagonist hears].)

You feel your head spin a bit as you lay there. You then start to see small versions of Pinkie Pie hopping around your head. One of them even waves at you. You must have hit your head harder than you thought.

"OW!" you scream aloud as you shake your head, which makes them all vanish. You don't notice this however, but the one that waved at you suddenly dives right into one of your pockets.

"JASON!" Applejack suddenly call out and rushes towards you, Big Macintosh at her side. From the ground you look up and notice the look on her face. She seems genuinely concerned. Ya'll okay!?" she asks you, the concern present in her voice too. Also, you think you can hear Pinkie Pie giggle, though she's clearly not here so you don't know where that came from.

"Yeah," you say to her as you get back to your feet. "Yeah, I'm okay." Despite hallucinating a moment ago (seriously, what the hell was that?), your head doesn't really hurt all that much from hitting the tree, and it doesn't feel like you're bleeding. Hell, compared to most falls you've taken, this is nothing.

"Yah sure?" Applejack says. "That was a mighty hard fall yah took." Okay, this is strange now. She actually is legitimately concerned for your well being. This is starting to freak you out a little now.

Between the pain in your head and the fact that you know that there is work to be done, you decide not to question it now. You definitely will later, though.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sure," you say to her as you pick up the basket and set it down next to the tree. All the while, Applejack just keeps staring at you with that look of concern. After a few moments of it though, she gets back to work herself.

The rest of the morning goes by quickly as you all get to work. Mostly what you've been doing is helping collect the baskets of apples and loading them back onto the cart. Since you have hands, this task is much easier for you than for the two of them. So basically your day has amounted to loading up baskets of apples onto the cart, walking with them as they take the cart back, and then helping them take the baskets off. This is friggin easy compared to what you were doing before.

There were even a few other things Applejack had you do around her farm that didn't have to do with gathering apples. Feed the pigs, oil up the bands for the cider press (my god that thing was huge), fixing a fence that you can remember not being broken the last time you were here, and chopping some wood, which was what you were doing now.

They even gave you lunch, and MY BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS THOSE APPLE PIES WERE DELICIOUS!!!

Since you can't buck apples like the ponies find a sledgehammer then channle your inner Thor and exclaim, "Heed my words, evildoers! If thou dost wish to challenge the Odinson, thou will face the divine power of mighty MJOLNIR! Never shall the god of thunder RELENT!" Then, smash it against a tree.

"HEED MY WORDS, EVILDOERS! IF THOUGH DOST WISH TO CHALLENGE THE ODINSON, THOUGH WILL FACE THE DIVINE POWER OF MIGHTY MJOLNIR! NEVER SHALL THE GOD OF THUNDER RELENT!!!" You shout with all of your manly might as you bring the axe down and chop the log in front of you cleanly in half. Man you're filling up the reference barrel today.

You didn't expect to be good at chopping wood, but you're doing a pretty damn good job of it if you do say so yourself.

"Umm..." you turn around to see Applejack standing there looking a little more than confused. Apparently, she saw you make that whole speech.

"Oh..." you say as you nervously laugh to yourself and turn around to face her. "Hey Applejack, what's up."

"Hey Jason," Applejack just responds.

"You need something?" you ask her, but she doesn't say anything back. You look closer at her. She's not looking at you, hell, she's looking everywhere but you. Not only that, but the expression on her face seems to have changed. She's not smiling, and she's not really angry either. If anything, you'd say she looks sad. The fact that she spends most of her time looking towards the ground also helps with that assumption.

Tell her about the debt thing in this >>2381300 . I would like to see what the element of Honesty has to say about the fairness in placing accountability of what happened to her stand on Jason, given the circumstances at the time.

"Appleja-" you say to her before she interrupts you.

"Look, Jason," she says to you. "I just wanna say I'm sorry." Okay, this is getting strange now. Now you actually wanna hear what she has to say. "It ain't fair to blame you for what happened in the market a few days ago. Everypony..." she looks up at you right as she says the next part. "And human I suppose, that got caught up in that was a victim of circumstance. Especially you." She pauses for a moment and looks back down at the ground before she continues. "Ya'll really don't have any kind of obligation to be workin here if you don't want to. You're helpin us out, and Ah appreciate it, Ah really do. But..." she really pauses for a moment before she says her next few words. "Ya'll don't have to keep on workin here if yah don't want to. T'aint anymore fair to you than it is tah me."

You're kind of taken aback by that. You did not expect her to say something like that, not to you at least. Yeah, she is right, you were a victim of circumstance, but to be honest, you do feel bad for destroying her stand and a lot of her apples. Yeah, it was hard working here when she had you carrying that cart around, but you're not doing that anymore, so it's not like that's an issue. If anything, working here's been a little pleasant (aside from falling into that tree earlier).

Also, she really does seem depressed. Like really. She's not showing you her face, but you can swear that's the saddest you've ever seen her.

You really don't have any idea what to say.

What do you say to her?

What do you do?

Author's Note:

The Answers to my "Ask me Anything" blog will be up shortly.

PreviousChapters Next