• Published 1st Sep 2017
  • 6,510 Views, 928 Comments

Shadows Cast Over the Sunset - Mist



After returning from Camp Everfree, Sunset and her friends are in for yet another surprise when they learn of the human Sunset that is living in their world. Can Sunset learn to deal with the permanent effects she has caused to the human world?

  • ...
36
 928
 6,510
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 8 )

11783154
Yeah I've been working to fix that. Haha

11782231
Later chapters kind of hint that it was Adagio the whole time.

So...what is up with this ending involving everyone and the Everfree? Feels like something happened here but it just ends. is there a new story in development?

11794918
As you can clearly see, Serenade is still alive, but she took over the human counterpart's body. The ending kind of sets up for a sequel if I ever wrote one, but I doubt that I am going to.

I have one all planned out if I ever did, but there's just not enough room on my schedule to do so unless I am getting compensated. I hate making things about money, but too many things are competing for my time between taking language classes, studying, working almost full-time hours, spending time with my wife, writing a book for sale, upkeeping my home, working on videos for youtube, and planning for kids, there really isn't much time to go into the sequel for the story, but I wanted to finish what I started, so I made sure to at least finish the story.

At this point, the only real way I could justify allotting the time for a sequel is if I somehow was able to drop some things from my schedule which presently isn't possible, as I'm either doing the above-mentioned activities because of:

  • Obligation
  • I am paying for them, so dropping them would mean sacrificing money I have already spent on them.
  • I am doing them to generate money to pay my bills.

I loved making Shadows, and I would love to continue it through the means of a sequel, but the reality is, it's just not feasible for me unless I was generating income because my free time is already stretched so thin. However, I don't want to put people through the annoyance of asking for patreon donations or anything like that, so I made the conscious decision to simply retire from writing fanfiction upon Shadows' completion. I still stick around to answer questions such as yours and do minor updates to the story to fix things such as grammatical errors, or broken images.

Maybe one day I will have the free time to actually write the sequel, but currently, it just doesn't look like it's in the cards, sorry. If enough people REALLY wanted me to, such as if I were say making even about 100 euros a month... I would likely be able to justify the time to make it, but currently, it's just not something I can do for free anymore.

11619939
Yeah I saw that the upstream error shows up from Act II XVIII Avoid as far as Act IV LI Movie which is as far as I've read so far and it shows for not just the pictures but the sub break silhouette and cutie mark pictures too. Nice story so far otherwise.

11799478
All of Act I is fixed, most of Act II is. Act VII isn't broken from the start. Still working on fixing the rest, it's a tedious process haha.

I thought the 8's were in fact infinity symbols for along time now and yet to find this all ends on a cliff hanger to me is deeply disappointing yet understandable as I am hoping the author Mist can and will get commissioned for a sequel hopefully sometime down the line as this ending is messing with my mind Sunset is now ancient apparently though I know it's not truly Twilight's Sunset I know. I am more hoping in the sequel we get to know more of Lock and Key honestly as they were added late in the game I'm thinking they though Lock moreso have something to do with Horizon

11803650
Shadows Cast Over the Horizon


… Maybe someday

Login or register to comment