• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 17,176 Views, 10,943 Comments

BlackWarGreymon: Warrior of Harmony - I-C-U-P



After fate saved his life, BlackWarGreymon starts a new heroic life in Equestria. Making great friends along the way.

  • ...
33
 10,943
 17,176

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: Secrets Revealed

Author's Note:

Here we are guys. Like I promised, the next chapter at the end of the month.

As well as the result of the big bad's experiment, I decided to expand more on the subject that hadn't really been touched upon for quite a while, despite the hints leading to it.

Also due to an upcoming event in May, I'll unfortunately be taking a break from writing for quite a bit of time. Sorry.:fluttercry:

Until I return, hope you enjoy this chapter. Leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you soon.

Over an hour went by, and late afternoon became evening. Despite the extent of time, the training continued. The biggest development so far was that because Rainbow Dash was praising Fluttershy for her potential, she completely forgot that she was training Twilight. Correcting her error, BlackWarGreymon volunteered to train her himself. Teaching her combat moves that she could use while flying.

In the room above them, Cadence and Luna continued with training of their own. Turning their horns into magical blades, the two Alicorns clashed as if in a sword fight.

After a brief struggle of strength, the two parted. Panting heavily from their training as their horns returned to normal.

“Shall we take a break?” The pink princess asked.

“Very well,” The blue princess answered, sighing in relief as she took a break.

The two then walked over to a table to drink their bottles of water. Sitting down on benches to rest their legs.

“It has been a very long time since I trained like that. How about you, Cadence?” Luna asked as she looked across the table to Cadence. Only to see her not paying attention.

“Cadence?” Luna asked, trying to get her attention.

The younger pony looked back at Luna with a reassuring smile.

“Oh, sorry Luna. I was distracted,” Cadence said as she moved her gaze back to where it was.

“What’s got your interest?” The Night Princess asked as she followed suit, discovering what Cadence was looking at.

The table they sat at was right by the window that overlooked the gym below. Along with Cadence, Luna could see the Mane Six, Spike and BlackWarGreymon continuing their exercises

As she watched on, Luna heard the voice of Cadence.

“He’s amazing, isn’t he?”

In curiosity, Luna followed Cadence’s gaze more closely, and landing her own sights on one specific individual.

“BlackWarGreymon?” She asked her.

“Yes. I mean just look at him. He looks like the type who would be fighting all the time. And yet…”

Cadence paused as she saw the Digimon lifting the exhausted Twilight back on her hooves.

“…he’s surprisingly gentle.”

Luna understood perfectly what Cadence meant. She nodded in agreement while watching BlackWarGreymon with a smile.

“Yes he is. You’d be surprised at how much he cares for his friends.”

After a brief moment of silence, Luna noticed that the expression on the pink Alicorn’s face had changed to great concern. Wanting an answer, she turned to look at her aunt.

“Luna. Is what King Sombra said true? Was BlackWarGreymon once…evil?”

Luna was taken back by the question. She hoped that it would be a subject that was best avoided to either Cadence or Shining Armor. But thanks to Sombra, the truth was out. And she knew there was no way going back from it. Cadence would surely find out herself. But with Luna, she could get it out of the way without stirring up an alarm.

Sighing in defeat, Luna thought of the best way to explain the situation to Cadence.

“It’s too late to avert this. You might as well know now.”

Cadence gasped as she sat up straight. Her eyes widened in alarm as a cold chill went up her spine.

“S-So it is true!?”

Her alarm quickly changed to confusion as she saw Luna leaning closer to her. Her face was strangely serious with a hint of sadness.

“Cadence. What I’m about to show you… is what I’ve seen in BlackWarGreymon’s past. From start to finish. Everything.”

“His…his past?” Cadence asked.

“But I must warn you before I begin. What you are about to see isn’t very pleasant. You’re about to learn the terrible truth.”

It was all Luna said before she touched the tip of Cadence’s horn with her own. Channeling the memories for the younger Alicorn to see.

There, Princess Cadence saw it all. At first, the Digital World along with its Digimon. The she saw the birth of BlackWarGreymon. Him as a creation of evil intent. She saw his destructive nature and his disobedient attitude. She had seen the fights he was in. Both with his creators and with the heroes. The time when he became a great threat to his world by destroying the Destiny Stones. Then the meeting with Azulongmon, one of the four guardians of the Digital World.

The memories continued onward to when BlackWarGreymon was in the human world. Cadence was surprised to see a Digimon who was the golden version of him, plus their epic fight. She then saw the lessons of friendship BlackWarGreymon had learnt. And in turn, the choice he made.

Then as she saw the moment when BlackWarGreymon’s body collapsed from his sacrifice, the memory surge ended. Back to reality, the shocked Cadence breathed heavily from her experience. And was startled by the end. Realising what Luna meant by ‘the terrible truth’.

“…Oh wow. He… he actually died? And somehow ended up in Equestria?”

Cadence looked up at Luna, surprised to see the look of sadness in her eyes.

“Yes, BlackWarGreymon had experienced the kind of pain we could never comprehend. Even before then, his whole life was in pain. This is why I wished for him to be happy in Equestria. So that he is surrounded by loving friends, who could help him if he’s ever in pain. I hope that he would never feel the pain of loneliness that I felt while I was banished for a thousand years. He has suffered too much as it is.”

Cadence was stunned at Luna’s choice of words. She had no idea how much Luna was concerned for BlackWarGreymon. In fact, she had never seen that side of the blue Alicorn before. She could read Luna’s facial expressions as clear as day. Just the look in her eyes showed the extent at how much she cared for the Digimon’s wellbeing. Even Twilight hadn’t shown that amount of emotion and she was the first pony to make contact with him.

Cadence started to believe that what Celestia said about Luna in her letter was starting to become very evident. Plus from seeing Luna’s reaction at BlackWarGreymon resisting to Sombra’s mind control only reinforced her suspicions. Truth be told, Cadence would’ve felt the same way if Shining Armor resisted mind control.

Becoming more curious then ever, Cadence decided to test Luna.

“You know Luna, you have been talking about BlackWarGreymon a lot lately. In fact…”

Cadence started to smirk as she continued.

“…it sounds like you really care for him.”

Startled by her words, Luna stuttered while a blush started to form on her face. Unable to focus enough to speak properly.

“Re…Really!? Well…uhh…”

Luna kept on stuttering while her blush slowly deepened, realising that it was kind of true. In fact, it was true. Her eyes were also darting all over, trying to think straight.

Luna’s reactions were exactly what Cadence had predicted. Her suspicions were indeed coming true. Though stunned, Cadence couldn’t help but feel amazed. Very happy even. Her smile grew even bigger just the thought of it. She even giggled. Recognizing all the signs, the pink Alicorn knew exactly what was going on with Luna. Wanting to hear Luna say it, Cadence leaned closer while staring with amused eyes.

She then asked the question.

“Luna? Do…do you have a crush on BlackWarGreymon?”

After hearing the question, time seemed to have slowed down to a stop around Luna. Her eyes widened, and her face became even more red. True, she cared for BlackWarGreymon. But she could never… Could she? Was it possible? Could that explain her behaviour whenever she was around him? Why her smile brightened from the thought of him? Why her heart glowed from the sight of him? Why she felt happy from hearing the sound of his voice? Even when he was around, she felt…safe.

She then remembered the day when she first met him. After he saved her from the yellow dragon. It was there she first experienced the new feelings.

Then it dawned upon her. Ever since she was little, Luna always believed in love at first sight. Since she had never felt it before, could the feelings she felt that day, BE it? Could she really have feelings for BlackWarGreymon?

Despite the thoughts going through her head, Luna felt that she should deny it at first. Feeling embarrassed to talk about it to Cadence.

“W…Wh…What!? N-No I don’t!”

But Cadence wasn’t falling for it. Luna’s denial was in fact a positive sign to the younger Alicorn. Luna’s shaky voice and the sudden deep blush were also the correct signs she expected.

Seeing the truth however, only got Cadence in an uproar of excitement.

“Sweet Celestia, you do!! You totally do!!”

Luna’s red face couldn’t get any deeper as Cadence continued. Speaking as if in sync with her own feelings.

“Now that I think about it, you and him have a lot in common. Oh, how romantic! And to think that the one for you turns out to be from a different world altogether!”

The blue Alicorn’s embarrassment had reached its peak as she spoke out.

“C…Cadence. I…I’m not… in love with BlackWarGreymon.”

Luna’s sentence should had put an end to the situation. But unfortunately, it only escalated it. After all, she was dealing with the very pony who knows practically everything about love. She had the cutiemark to prove it.

“A-HA!! I said you have a crush on him. I never said anything about you in love with him.”

Busted.

Luna paused as she realised what Cadence said was true. She had just fallen into her trap. But still, she played the young Alicorn’s game.

“N…No I’m not!”

“You’re in denial Luna.”

“No I’m not!”

Wanting to see Luna being true with herself, Cadence came up with another test.

“Mm-hmm. Face it, Luna, you’ve fallen for someone who’s incredibly strong with black armour and green eyes.”

With her mind completely frazzled, Luna openly took the bait. Not thinking before speaking.

“N-No Cadence, his eyes are yellow.”

“Thank you for proving my point,” Cadence said as she grew a smug grin in victory.

Luna had just realised the error that she made. By correcting just one word, it meant that she was constantly thinking about every detail about BlackWarGreymon. She could even remember the amount of yellow cords on his Digizoid armour.

Sitting back down on her seat, Luna tried to deny it once more.

“Ok. I admit I like him. but I’m not in love with him.”

Cadence raised one eyebrow as her face became serious. The fun part was over with things becoming real.

“Who are you trying to convince, Luna? Me? Or you?”

It was a battle that Luna couldn’t win. And she knows it. Luna was stunned. From seeing the expression on the face of her niece caused her embarrassment to fade away. Her blush along with it. Wanting to take a minute to breathe, Luna got up from her bench and took a few steps away. All the while trying to comprehend not just her situation, but from her own feelings.

In her final attempt to avert the subject, Luna spoke up.

“Of…of course I would know of his eye colour. We all do. As strange as it sounds, the look of his eyes were as though they shouldn’t even exist. Plus while they’re mostly intimidating and serious, they were also calm, collected… and kind… and even caring. They’re also aligned and… focused, curious of the world around him.”

Cadence became in awe at Luna. As the blue Alicorn briefly paused as she thought about BlackWarGreymon’s eyes, the pink mare could see Luna rubbing her left leg with her right hoof. Clearly feeling touched. She could also see a faint blush in her cheeks, a tiny smile forming at the edges of her lips, and a loving expression in her aqua blue eyes. As if she was day dreaming of a romantic moment.

“In all my years of ruling Equestria with my sister… I had never seen such eyes.”

Luna’s attempt of deniability had unknowingly backfired on her. Cadence was in complete awe at Luna’s words. Her eyes were wide in amazement and her mouth was slightly agape. Even Luna’s voice was softer than before.

The Night Princess looked at her niece, startled and confused at her stare.

“What is it?”

After a brief pause, Cadence spoke up at what she had just seen.

“Wow. BlackWarGreymon must be very special… for you to have fallen for him.”

Luna again blushed. But not from embarrassment. But from…something. She didn’t know exactly what it was. But it could be from… accepting the truth.

As she looked away in thought, she could hear Cadence talking to her.

“You can’t hide your true feelings from me, Luna. I not only can spread the love to all my subjects, I can understand any kind of love that’s in front of me. Love is my talent after all.”

As Luna continued to rub her own leg, it seemed as though Cadence had finally got through to her. She was no longer denying it. Evident in her next choice of words.

“Hmm, sounds kind of silly don’t you think? I mean… a pony… in love with a Digimon.”

“I don’t think so. I mean, Twilight told me that Spike has a crush on Rarity. And he’s a dragon,” Cadence mentioned.

Although Luna was already aware of the fact about Spike, she felt that ‘her’ situation was more…unusual.

“True. But like me and Rarity, Spike is from Equestria. BlackWarGreymon…isn’t. He’s from a whole other world. In any other case, he and I shouldn’t have ever met.”

Sensing the identity of Luna’s problem, Cadence spoke to her a fact that she herself found amazing.

“Do you want to know the one thing I like about love the most?”

“What is it?” Luna asked, curiosity overwhelming her.

“Is that love… can come from unexpected places. It’s unpredictable. It can happen at anytime, anywhere. Most of all, love can take on any form. Be it from a pony, dragon or even Digimon. That’s why love is a wonderful thing. It can extend to whole other worlds. It’s everywhere.”

Luna was amazed. Cadence was right. No matter what world you’re from, love would always remain the same.

“Could it… be true? Am I… really in love with BlackWarGreymon?

Finally accepting the facts, Luna could feel her heart glowing even brighter than ever before. Cadence overheard her and asked a question of her own.

“The real question is Luna, does he feel the same way about you?”

Luna looked back at Cadence in astonishment, wondering if the fact was true. She had recalled that back at the Grand Galloping Gala, BlackWarGreymon looked speechless when he saw her in the dress she wore. He even complemented her and went as far as to admit that he enjoyed the times he’d spent with her. No matter how short they were.

She then remembered the dance at the Gala. She’d guessed that he deliberately took to the air with her to keep their dance going. He did it to please her. And when the dance ended, the two were motionless as they stared deeply into each other’s eyes. She could tell at that moment, BlackWarGreymon looked as amazed as she was.

She then remembered as far back as to their conversation after her trip in his memories. They had a heart to heart. Listening to each other’s problems. He even complimented her night just as he did for her. He said the night was as beautiful as she was. Plus on the trip back to Canterlot, instead of leaving her to fall from the sky from her injured wing, BlackWarGreymon caught her. Letting her rest on his back as he carried her back to the city of Canterlot.

All the memories Luna had with BlackWarGreymon were flowing through her mind. Believing them to be signs that he may actually hold affection for her. She smiled as she looked away from Cadence slightly.

“Do…do you really think…that it’s possible? That…he does?” Luna asked.

Cadence smiled in reassurance.

“If he really is a lot like you Luna, then I don’t see why not.”

Luna smiled back, glad that it was Cadence who knew of her little secret.

“Don’t tell anyone though. Just between you and me.”

Cadence briefly paused. The only reason she brought up the questions in the first place was because Celestia had suspicions and had asked her for her opinion. But Luna’s secret was just too precious, and Cadence was never known to break a promise.

“Ok, I promise.”

Knowing that the secret was bigger than she thought, Cadence would have to ask one more soul. BlackWarGreymon himself.

Then suddenly, to the surprise of the two princesses, the whole room started to shake slightly. Their bottles of water hopping on the table from the vibrations. As Luna and Cadence looked around in confusion, the two suddenly felt something through their flow of magic. A power surge.

“Wh…What was that!? You can feel it too, right?” Cadence asked Luna. The blue Alicorn gasped when she recognized the power surge.

“Yes I do! BlackWarGreymon!”

Cadence was startled when Luna rushed past her. But then followed suit.

“What do you mean!?” She called out.

As the two neared the entrance of the gym below, they could feel the vibrations in the floor getting stronger. When they arrived, they found its source.

Surrounded by the awed Mane Six and Spike, BlackWarGreymon grunted as he struggled to raise his power level as high as he could go. His eyes clenched shut as he tried to focus. The side effects of his energy charge was causing the tremors. As if the world itself was affected by his power.

As the two princesses were about to ponder what was going on, BlackWarGreymon quickly stopped grunting as his power dropped. Causing the tremors to stop as well. As his power returned to normal, the black Digimon took deep breaths to control the sudden exhaustion.

“Damn, not even close.” He whispered to himself, failing to achieve his goal.

“What’s going on here!?” Cadence asked.

“Yes, please to tell,” Luna joined.

After the group became briefly startled by the sudden appearance of the two older Alicorns, Twilight spoke up.

“Oh, BlackWarGreymon was trying to achieve his Ascended form.”

While Luna looked amazed, Cadence became confused.

“Wait, Ascended form?” She asked.

While being amazed, Luna was also curious of the name Twilight spoke of. Not paying attention to the confused Cadence.

“Ascended form? Is that the name you chose for that other form? And you were really trying to achieve it again!?”

“Yes. But for some reason I can’t reach that level of power like I did before!” He answered, frustrated that he may had lost the unique ability.

“Can’t you remember how you got it last time, darling?” Rarity asked.

BlackWarGreymon closed his eyes as he remembered the times when he became ascended.

“The first time was when I protected Canterlot. And the second was when I was charging up my most powerful attack.”

He continued as his eyes snapped open.

“But times of peril or demonstrating my abilities couldn’t really be the only times when I gain that power. It doesn’t feel right. I feel like I could gain it anytime. I just need to practice more.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it. Learning something new takes time. Believe me, I know the feeling,” Twilight said in reassurance.

“Yeah, and I never seen it. But the way the girls described it, I bet it looks awesome,” Spike mentioned.

“Ok. I’ll try again,” The Mega said.

But before anyone could move a muscle, Cadence spoke up.

“Hold on!”

Her outburst caused everyone to pause as they looked at her with startled eyes.

“Twilight, what do you mean by, ‘Ascended form’?” Cadence asked her little sister-in-law.

After nervously chuckling, Twilight confessed.

“Well…you may not believe this…but. Ever since BlackWarGreymon arrived in Equestria, the magic of our world is having an effect on his body.”

“An…effect?” Cadence asked as she looked at the Digimon. Wanting to hear him speak.

“It’s making me stronger, Cadence. And recently, I was able to harness the very magic of Equestria to enhance myself even further. Ascending me to an even higher level of power. Which is why I’m calling it my Ascended form.”

Cadence gasped in astonishment and shock at what she heard.

“You mean… you can become even stronger!? Wow. And I thought you were already strong enough.”

With the atmosphere calm, Applejack turned her attention to BlackWarGreymon.

“So you’re gonna try again, big fella?”

“I won’t rest until I master it.”

Half of the Mane Six nervously gulped, thinking that he was planning on to keep going all night. Luna held on her breath, believing that he could do it. Cadence felt intimidated. Just moments ago, she felt that his power had risen through the roof. But that was only his failed attempt. She couldn’t comprehend how powerful BlackWarGreymon could be if he had fully mastered his Ascended form.

Probably all of the Crystal Empire could feel his power.

As BlackWarGreymon got back to his original position, Luna, Cadence, Twilight and Rarity could already feel his power slowly rising as he began to concentrate. Unlike before, the Digimon kept his eyes open as he started to grunt from the strain.

His eyes narrowed as the strain continued. His pupils becoming slits like that of a cat. As his energy continued to rise, the mares and the dragon noticed that his yellow hair slowly began to flow upwards. Waving as if underwater. Then to their amazement, a soft faint red aura appeared around his body. Flowing upwards in a same pattern as his hair.

‘T-That energy… it’s not his energy! I-Its Equestria’s magic!’ Cadence thought to herself. Stunned at BlackWarGreymon’s steadily growing power.

“Come on, big guy! You can do it!” Rainbow Dash shouted in support.

Felling encouraged, Spike and the rest of the Mane Six cheered on with the blue Pegasus.

Feeling motivated, BlackWarGreymon continued. Grunting loudly.

Then to Cadence’s amazement, a small red orb of energy formed in front of her face. Briefly surprising her.

She then used her magic in her glowing horn to sense the type of energy the small ball had. And was amazed at how similar it felt to her own.

“You’re…you’re right! This is pure magic!”

Then to their delight, as well as the others, three more orbs formed in random places around the gym. Hovering in place.

“That’s it, BlackWarGreymon! You’re getting there!” Luna cheered, joining with the group whom were just as amazed as she was.

As BlackWarGreymon continued to gather his energy, the ground around him started to shake. After a few seconds, the tremors started to become violent. The group struggling to stay up as it felt like the whole castle was shaking.

The others started to notice that something was off. Even though the ground was shaking and BlackWarGreymon was building up his energy, the four energy orbs were the only ones that appeared. Them themselves were flickering like a candle in the wind.

As the Digimon clenched is eyes shut, his grunts turned into yells as the strain was getting to him. Then all the sudden, he stopped. His massive built up energy dropped dramatically. The tremors came to a sudden stop, his glowing aura vanished, and the four energy orbs faded out of existence.

Loosing so much energy at once had put a massive fatigue on BlackWarGreymon. Just seconds later he fell to his knees, struggling to stay up while gasping for air.

“BlackWarGreymon!” Luna shouted as she, Spike and the Mane Six rushed to his side. Worried for his condition. Cadence stayed back while watching, never in her life had she felt so much power.

“BlackWarGreymon, are you alright!?” Twilight asked.

“Please tell us!” Fluttershy joined, both had panic in their voices.

When the black Digimon spoke, there was a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Why? I don’t get it. I had reached a whole new level. Why can’t I do it again? Why can’t I ascend?”

“Maybe you’re just tired?”

All eyes looked at Rainbow Dash in confusion. Startled by their sudden gazes, the blue Pegasus explained herself.

“Well… I mean you haven’t been sleeping for two straight days. You saved Canterlot from the Changeling swarm and that big storm. You unlocked that new form for the first time. And today you defeated Sombra’s army and kicked his butt. Surely doing all that would’ve worn you down.”

While the others understood what Rainbow Dash meant by, BlackWarGreymon chose to deny it. He had lasted much longer without sleep. Days even. So that couldn’t be the cause.

“No. I won’t give up. I…I have to keep trying,” The Digimon said as he tried to stand back up. But fatigue hit him like a ton of bricks, causing him to collapse back on his knees.

Luna reacted by moving towards his face, giving him a defiant glare.

“No! You need to stop pushing yourself. Rainbow Dash is right, you need to rest.”

Seeing Luna’s concern for BlackWarGreymon caused Cadence to grow a smug grin behind her back. Implying that she was right all the long.

Raising his head slightly, BlackWarGreymon looked at Luna. He could see that she was worried. Worried that if he continued, he might end up hurting himself. For Luna, seeing the Digimon’s eyes so close caused her to slightly blush. But she brushed it aside due to her concern for his wellbeing.

Sighing in defeat, and not wanting Luna to worry even more, the tall Mega agreed to what they said.

“Ok. Ok, I’ll rest.”

“Very well. I’ll let Shining Armor know that you all will be staying at the castle for the night,” Cadence sad as she left the gym.

“Oh good, cause I could use some sleep after all that workout,” Spike said before letting out a long yawn.

“I think we all do,” Twilight mentioned after looking out the window. Night had arrived.

As the group left the gym, Luna looked at BlackWarGreymon. Worried about what he was going through.

“Are you ok?” The concerned princess asked the tall warrior.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

His tone wasn’t entirely reassuring. He never liked failing, especially if it involves something that he could use to protect his friends.

As the heroes were about to get some good earned rest, elsewhere things were restless.
…………………………………………………………………………………………......................................................................................

Hidden lair, unknown location.

Far away, high above the skylight of the lair, a large swarm of Changeling solders were flying around in circles. Encircling a large dark cloud, they used their combined magic to try and turn it into a large thunder cloud. By flying around it, the insect-like ponies could use their magic on every inch of the dark cloud. Making the lightning more frequent. While doing so, the soldiers had successfully moved the large cloud just above the lair. Awaiting inside was their evil master.

Overlooking the Changelings was Queen Chrysalis herself. Making sure that the evil Digimon’s experiment won’t go wrong.

Then a stray Changeling flew up to her. Exhausted from all the flying.

“W-With all due respect… my queen. Couldn’t we just wait… for a ‘real’ storm?”

The last thing Chrysalis needed, was to get on her master’s bad side.

“Save your breath, child. Faster!” She commanded, causing her child and the rest of the hive to speed up their flight patterns.

As they got to a good speed, a giant bolt of lightning struck down from the cloud and into the skylight below. Seeing the thunderbolt traveling down the tunnel towards him, the beast raised his right index finger and used it like a lightning rod. Absorbing the thunderbolt as all the electricity channelled through the tip of the claw.

After every single volt was absorbed, the evil Digimon inspected his finger. The finger itself was glowing a bright blue colour. Surging with the energy from the lightning.

“Ahh, there we have it,” He said, chuckling in victory.

Joined by King Sombra, the Digimon turned to him with the next phase of his experiment.

“Now Sombra, use your magic to create the body.”

Obeying his master, the Unicorn’s horn lit up and started to gather black magic. Then in front of him was a swirling pool of black smoke. After increasing its size, Sombra then manipulated the black smoke. Twisting and shaping its appearance.

The end result was the black smoke reaching just over ten feet tall from the floor. With a striking resemblance of BlackWarGreymon.

Satisfied with Sombra’s work, the evil Digimon held the strands of BlackWarGreymon’s hair within his left hand.

“Now, the hair.”

Reaching around the back of the BlackWarGreymon-shaped cloud, he placed the yellow hair in where the back of the head should be. The black mass absorbing the yellow strands.

Before he continued, he spoke to the evil Unicorn.

“Pay attention, Sombra. Because what you’re about to see, was how I resurrected you.”

Sombra remembered that day all too well. It was when he was brought back to life.

Wanting to see his master’s experiment unfold, the king watched on silently. Though nervous of what was about to happen.

“Now we just need the final ingredient,” The monster said as he raised his right hand above the shadow model. His energized finger only a few inches above its head.

“The spark of life!”

With no hesitation, the evil Digimon placed his electrified finger through the head. Releasing all the energy he gained from the thunderbolt. His unique energy and his own data along with it.

To Sombra’s shock, his modelized fake appeared to had… flinched!?

Inside the shadow model, the digital energy and data merged into the strands of BlackWarGreymon’s hair. The electricity stimulating its growth. Multiplying and replicating BlackWarGreymon’s data. The mixed data and energy began to rapidly spread throughout the whole body. Reaching towards the surface.

“Has…has my magic…COME ALIVE!!?” King Sombra asked in shock and a hint of terror. From the outside, he could see his model flinching and twitching. As its body was being built from the inside out.

The former king then let out a startled gasp from the sight of the model’s arms… moving on their own. Its three-clawed arms reaching and grasping its shadow head. As if a living being would experience a painful headache.

The evil Digimon chuckled as he watched his experiment coming to life.

To King Sombra’s horror, as the fake model continued to move, it let out a loud screech of pain.

His BlackWarGreymon-shaped cloud… had its own voice!

Then on parts of its body, the smoke began to solidify as data reached to its surface. Its skin was forming. And slowly but surely, the rest of the body began to take physical form. Forging its own Chrome Digizoid armour.

To Sombra, the most unnerving thing about it, was that its screech… slowly became a yell.

“ReeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

Then shockingly, a blinding red glow emanated from its forming eye sockets. Then all of a sudden, the energy from the model exploded. Shrouding everyone in a blanket of smoke. Next came almost absolute silence.

“Sombra! Master!” Chrysalis shouted as she arrived on the scene.

To her left, she spotted her master standing still, unaffected by the thick smoke.

Then to her right, she spotted Sombra. Coughing to clear away the smoke in front of his face.

After clearing his throat, the Unicorn looked at the blanket of cloud in uncertainty.

“Did… did it work, my lord?”

The evil Digimon chuckled before responding to Sombra.

“Can’t you sense him? Of course, it worked. The experiment was a complete success!”

Sombra gawked at his master in disbelief. Then back at the cloud.

“Wait! HIM!!?”

After a second of silence, both Sombra and Chrysalis sensed it too. Something was in the centre of the cloud.

The startled king and queen could only think of one question.

What had they created?

After more silence followed, the group could hear something. It sounded like a soft chuckle. Which carried a hint of evil.

Then from the thickness of the cloud, a pair of glowing blood-red eyes snapped open to life. Followed by an insane outburst of laughter.

“AAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAH!!!!!”

PreviousChapters Next