• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 17,176 Views, 10,943 Comments

BlackWarGreymon: Warrior of Harmony - I-C-U-P



After fate saved his life, BlackWarGreymon starts a new heroic life in Equestria. Making great friends along the way.

  • ...
33
 10,943
 17,176

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46: Evil Clone’s Rampage

As Queen Chrysalis walked through the chambers of the dark lair, she had a feeling that her master’s plans were falling apart. The Crystal Empire remained free from their control. ChaosBlackWarGreymon had been defeated. And from what she was told by her children, King Sombra was missing.

And to make matters worse, BlackWarGreymon seemed to be getting stronger after every victory. She had a bad feeling that soon enough, the black armoured Digimon would become stronger than even her master.

But her thoughts focused on the whereabouts of the dark Unicorn king. She knew him well enough to know that he wouldn’t just disappear. Especially knowing how dangerous her master was. He wouldn’t tolerate insubordination.

As the Changeling queen approached the chamber where her master was told to be, she realised that it was a chamber she had never entered before. Even back in the days where she worked for him before. She felt an uncomfortable vibe flowing through her body. The chamber stank with his evil. She recalled that the evil Digimon ate virtually anything. But one time she heard rumours that he had been experimenting… with flesh.

Not wanting to find out about any possible unfortunate victims, Chrysalis took a deep breath and poked her head through the entrance of the chamber.

“Umm… master?” She called out, but received a little fright from a response.

“Yes, Chrysalis?”

After a stunned silence, the Changeling queen spoke up.

“Has Sombra returned yet? I’ve sent search parties to find him but found nothing.”

She then saw shifting in the darkness, barely seeing the silhouette of the evil Digimon. But his piercing yellow eyes could be seen staring back at her. Giving her a frightful chill up her spine.

“Call off the search parties, Chrysalis. There is no need.”

The stunned queen gave the beast a questionable look before speaking.

“But why? He hasn’t returned yet.”

The Digimon then said something that shocked her to the core.

“Haven’t you heard? Sombra is dead.”

Chrysalis gave out a frightful gasp from the shocking news. Aside from her children, Sombra was her closest ally. Even though he wasn’t a Changeling, she trusted him the most.

“W-what!?” She said as she took a few steps back. But it wasn’t the only piece of news her master shared.

“Yes. ChaosBlackWarGreymon killed him.”

Chrysalis stared fearfully at the Digimon as she spoke.

“I…I don’t understand. Why? He was our ally!”

“Why? Because he has outlived his usefulness, that’s why.”

Disturbed by the information, the Changeling queen silently stood still. Shocked that their creation turned on one of his creators. More so from the fact that her master seemed to be the one responsible for it all.

She was then snapped out of her state of shock when the Digimon asked her a rather odd question.

“Tell me, have you ever wondered how I first met Sombra?”

“U…umm… well, I was curious once,” She admitted. Listening to her master’s story.

“Sombra wasn’t always the lord of the shadows. In fact, the Unicorn was originally one of the brilliant minds of the Crystal Empire. He was very much like that Alicorn, Twilight Sparkle. He liked to study and learn as much as he could about spells and magic. But it was never enough for Sombra. He wanted power. Power to rival the Alicorns. So one day, he left the empire on a quest to find that power.”

He then briefly paused as he remembered that one particular day. The day that stuck in his mind for over a thousand years.

“That was when I found him. He was one of the only few who wasn’t frightened by my appearance. Instead, he had a strong curious mind. He wanted to learn everything about me. And while he wanted to know who I was, I sensed darkness in his heart. With it, his growing thirst for power. So I made a proposition for him.”

“You…struck him a deal?” Chrysalis asked, intrigued by the story.

“Yes. I help him gain the power he wanted. And in return, he serves me and only me. In which he accepted. After searching through the deepest depths of Tartarus, I helped him find a forbidden spell book. The black magic within the book corrupted his mind and body. Turning him into the Unicorn you knew today. With the powers of darkness at his side, he took over the Crystal Empire and crowned himself king. And then…well…you already know the rest.”

Chrysalis was amazed. Truth be told she always wanted to know Sombra’s backstory. But she was confused about one thing.

“But, if Sombra was a valuable ally, then why did ChaosBlackWarGreymon kill him?”

The evil Digimon answered her question.

“When he was created, he inherited Sombra’s dark magic. And as you know, the stronger the user, the stronger the magic. The difference between the two is that ChaosBlackWarGreymon is far stronger and a much better fighter. So when he was created, Sombra became expendable.”

“You…replaced him?” The Changeling Queen asked, secretly horrified about her master’s actions.

“Exactly.”

The atmosphere around the two became silent. Letting the notion of Sombra's role in the grand plan to sink in to Chrysalis. But the Changeling queen was still surprised that even after helping the Unicorn king achieve his desires, the Digimon was quick to cast him out. Labelling him as weak. It was that mindset of the beast that made her fear for her own sake.

After a brief silence, Queen Chrysalis tried to change the subject.

“Speaking of ChaosBlackWarGreymon, how is he?”

Chrysalis became confused when the dark being gave her a suspicious look.

“Your Changelings are currently repairing him. But that’s the forth time you asked me that since he returned.”

“It…it was?” The queen asked, unsure if it was true. But she wasn’t the one counting.

The Digimon grew even more suspicious.

“Do you… hold some sort of connection with him?”

Chrysalis found it difficult to respond. She did had a connection with ChaosBlackWarGreymon, but not the kind one would expect.

“Well… when he was created, he was new to the world. Almost… like a child.”

The evil being perfectly understood what she was trying to say.

“So. You see him as if… he’s one of your own? Need I remind you that you were barely involved in his creation.”

The Digimon was right. While it seemed very confusing as to why Chrysalis sees someone like ChaosBlackWarGreymon as a son, she gave her reason. A reason that actually startled the evil being.

“I know that. But it’s the way he interacts with my Changelings. It’s like… he’s a part of the hive.”

The Digimon became very confused as to her meaning. And then demanded an explanation.

“What!? What do you mean?”

After quickly recovering from his sudden outburst, Chrysalis explained herself.

“Well… when he became influenced by you and Sombra, he became violent and chaotic. But when he isn’t, he was much calmer. I’ve even seen him being friendly to my Changelings.”

“Is that so?” The master said, thinking that it might cause trouble for him.

“Leave me, Chrysalis. I have things to think over,” He added as he retreated into the shadows. Leaving Chrysalis to walk back to where she came.

During her walk, she was thinking to herself. Her thoughts on ChaosBlackWarGreymon.

‘The master said that he was created from BlackWarGreymon’s dark side. But if that’s true, then how can he display such acts of… dare I say… kindness?’

Then another question entered her mind. An interesting one too.

‘Is ChaosBlackWarGreymon truly the embodiment of evil and hate? Or is it something that the master told him?’
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

‘Background music’ ‘World on Fire by Les Friction’

Elsewhere in the lair, sitting on a rock in the middle of the chamber, was the injured form of ChaosBlackWarGreymon. Ever since he woke up, his crimson eyes were completely filled with hatred. His loss by BlackWarGreymon’s hand had affected him more than anyone could imagine. So much that he didn’t even spoke a word.

As he sat quietly, the Changeling solders swarmed around his surroundings. Each one giving magic to the Mega for him to heal. But it was a tall order. Because of the amount of power that ChaosBlackWarGreymon had, it took a lot of Changeling magic to heal just a scratch. But they had a whole body to cover.

As some flew to a specific spot, they channelled their magic to heal as much damage as possible. But they were nervous from hearing the steady growls from the Digimon clone. Who himself was trying to ignore the pain in his very being.

A group of twenty Changelings knew about the Digimon’s broken right arm and prepared a spell by combining all their magic.

As a green healing beam went into the arm, ChaosBlackWarGreymon screamed as he felt a sharp pain from his arm reconstructing itself. Upon fully healed, he smashed his claws into the ground. Causing tremors in the ground and frightening the Changelings.

It’s a known fact that Changeling magic wasn’t as efficient as Unicorn magic. Therefore, their healing spells were weak and primitive.

After they got over their shock, the Changelings were about to resume their healing. But as they got close, they heard a name being whispered.

“BlackWarGreymon.”

Looking up, the Changelings saw ChaosBlackWarGreymon breathing heavily. It turned out that it was him who spoke, for he spoke again. His voice quiet and full of hate.

“BlackWarGreymon. BlackWarGreymon. BlackWarGreymon.”

As the Digital clone stared blankly at open space, his mind was in a trance of his imagination.

There he was, standing strong and powerful on top of a hill, with the land of Equestria burning around him. the skies were deep red, and the grass were burnt orange. Buildings and mountains engulfed in fire and thick smoke blocking out the sun.

As he laughed maniacally, he looked down at a small settlement below. Raising his right arm aside, he formed a dark sphere half the size of himself. Then with no remorse and hesitation, he threw it down at the settlement. Vaporizing it entirely.

But just as he was about to bask in his destructive glory, he saw a bright light shining in from behind.

The light aggravated him, to a point where he growled in anger as he turned around to face it. He could see, stepping forth form the light, three Alicorn princesses, one Unicorn prince and the six bearers of the Elements of Harmony. They were all standing on a much bigger hill, glaring down on him.

But then, ChaosBlackWarGreymon saw something else. Emerging behind the group was BlackWarGreymon himself. As he glared down at the clone, he suddenly thrust his arms to his sides. He was then surrounded by a large pillar of bright red light that brightened the area like day. The column of light symbolizing that BlackWarGreymon was a beacon of hope to the ponies and him gaining his Ascended form.

Not wanting to see the end of his reign, ChaosBlackWarGreymon roared as he flew towards his rival. With BlackWarGreymon descending down to meet him.

What followed next was a fierce battle that shook the land around them. But in the end, it was BlackWarGreymon who triumphed. With his clone screaming in defiance as his body faded from existence from the blinding light.

The thoughts flowed through ChaosBlackWarGreymon’s mind so clear, that he felt as though it actually happened. Or that it would happen for real.

With his anger increasing, the Digimon’s words slowly got louder.

“BlackWarGreymon! BlackWarGreymon!”

While he remained in his hate-filled trance, the Changelings had nearly finished their job of healing him. But just as they thought the job was done, some spotted that they missed a spot.

The Digimon’s left black eye.

While some of the changelings were a little concerned of what would happen if they used healing magic on the eye, others grouped together and prepared another healing beam. They then fired it at the angered Digimon’s eye.

As the healing beam made contact, ChaosBlackWarGreymon felt a sharp pain in his eye. Causing him to suddenly stand back up while screaming in pain and rage. But while screaming, his rage went out of control. His whole body engulfed in negative red energy.

“Let’s get out of here!!” The Changelings said as they fled the chamber.

And not a moment too soon. Because the chamber itself started to erupt in the Digimon’s power. Shredding the walls and ripping apart the floors.

Outside of the lair, what came next was a large chunk of mountainside exploding and erupting in a fog of red energy. Then ChaosBlackWarGreymon himself emerged within his Nightmare Mist. Flying fast and in a unforgiving rage.

“BLACKWARGREYMON!!!!!”

Descending from the mountain and towards the forest below, all the animals could see the Digital Monster flying towards them. Seeing the rage of the being caused the animals to run or fly away in terror. Then as ChaosBlackWarGreymon flew over the forest, the shear force from his passing uprooted trees, ripped apart the greenery and carved a long deep trench in the ground.

Then as he gained altitude, he once again screamed in rage as magic began to flow through his body. His six claws shining brightly with green magic.

He then vanished. Teleported somewhere far away. And after reappearing, his rage-filled gaze fell upon a distant city.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Manehattan, one of the largest cities in Equestria, was experiencing one of its ‘quiet’ days. Despite the fact that the streets were always filled with ponies.

Down at the city centre, Babs Seed, cousin of the Apple family and a fellow Cutiemark Crusader, was lending a hand with two other fillies. After recently achieving her cutiemark, she decided to help others in finding their marks during her spare time.

But with no warning, nothing prepared them and the city for the destruction that laid ahead.

While shrouded in his red mist, ChaosBlackWarGreymon dived towards the city at great speed. As he spread his arms apart, giant magical three-clawed arms appeared in their place. Upon reaching the city, flying over many heads, the Digimon slashed his right claws into a skyscraper. Slicing it in half as he passed by.

The sounds of destruction were heard by most of the citizens, followed by screams of terror. Back at the city centre, the three fillies darted their heads around to see what was happening. Then they heard a pony’s voice.

“Up there!”

Turning to where the pony was pointing at, all eyes in the centre saw the attacker. Just as he sliced his second skyscraper with his left giant claws. More citizens ran away in terror as sections of the building came crumbling down to the ground. Concrete, bricks and debris littered everywhere.

“What is that thing!?” One of the fillies asked as the three caked away from the scene.

As they stared fearfully at the red covered monster, the glowing being grunted loudly before flying higher to the sky like a rocket. Leaving a red trail as he ascended higher in the atmosphere. To a point where he couldn’t be seen anymore.

Back on the ground, the frightened ponies all eyed at the sky to spot the attacker. They then heard voices of nearby police officers.

“Remain calm, citizens! The monster has left the city!”

While the announcement had calmed down few of the citizens, Babs Seed and her friends weren’t entirely convinced. They continued to stare where the attacker had vanished.

Their eyes then widened in fear as they saw something heading back towards them.

“It’s coming back!!” Babs Seed warned as she and her friends ran for cover.

As the ponies all looked up, they realised the filly was right.

With his body covered in red mist, the evil Digimon dived down like a meteor. Screaming as he prepared to attack. As he reached the city, he slammed his right arm into the pavement. Sending his Nightmare Mist energy through the concrete ground and into the nearby buildings. The damage caused by the attack made the buildings topple and crumble to the ground.

“Arrest him!” One of the officer stallions shouted. His comrades responding by dogpiling on the Digimon.

But as it seemed the officers were weighing him down, they were suddenly lifted as ChaosBlackWarGreymon jumped in the air. They were then blasted away by a magical pulse from the Digimon’s body.

No longer restrained, the armoured Mega flew through the streets. Citizens either ran or flew away in terror as the attacker moved above their heads.

As ChaosBlackWarGreymon looked down at the fleeing crowd, he suddenly felt the urge to attack. As he reared his right arm back, he insanely chuckled as his claws began to glow green. Then as he thrust his arm out, a volley of green magic beams was fired.

All the beams exploded against the ground, scaring the ponies even more. The Digimon loved the sent of fear in the air. By deliberately aiming at the ground near the ponies, he exploited that fear. He then did the same by firing beams from his left gauntlet. Aiming at the ground and to the side of a nearby building.

His chuckling became louder and louder. Slowly turning into evil laughter.

But then his laughter echoed as he flew higher with his arms raised above his head. Forming a giant Shadow Destroyer orb in-between his claws. He then flew back towards the centre of the city. Dive bombing as his insane laughter became louder.

As he neared the ground, he slammed his giant sphere into the pavement. Creating a large explosion that engulfed buildings and blew away nearby citizens.

‘Song end’

From the distance, it looked as though a huge bomb went off in the city. And after the green light faded away with the blast, the city centre transformed into a giant plume of smoke. Despite the amount of destruction caused by the insane Digimon, there were no fatalities. The Mega was too much in a frenzy to focus his attacks properly. But his final attack had sent several ponies flying. Probably resulting in injuring some of them.

As for Babs Seed and her two friends, they were lucky to find an empty fruit cart moments before the explosion. Though the blast wave had thrown the cart about, it managed to land back on its wheels.

Poking their heads out of the cart, the three fillies were horrified at the sight around them. The city centre had been destroyed. Roads and pavements had been turned over. Buildings reduced to piles of rubble. Surrounded in smoke and small patches of fire.

“No way,” Babs Seed said quietly. Frightened of the ordeal.

Then one of her friends spotted something in the distance.

“Hay. Over there.”

As the three fillies looked in one direction, their fearful gazes stared upon the figure. It was their attacker. Standing on the ground and surrounded by the devastation he brought upon. The one thing the girls were frightened of more then his claws and his horns, were his eyes. Crimson red and full of hate.

They then heard him speaking. But not to them or anypony. It was as if he was talking to someone who wasn’t there at all.

“This destruction is on you, BlackWarGreymon! You will pay for defeating me in battle! And your pony friends will suffer for it!!”

After his outburst, ChaosBlackWarGreymon took to the skies and flew away. Leaving behind the destruction of his wrath and moving on to cause more of his rampage elsewhere.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Back at the lair, the destruction of the cave had gained the attention of Queen Chrysalis and her master. By the time they arrived, they saw what the clone had done on his warpath. The walls and floors became giant piles of pebbles and the ceiling had an enormous hole. Sunlight seeping in.

The queen gasped when she saw one of her solders lying on the floor, almost unconscious.

“Solder! What happened here!?” The worried Chrysalis asked as she came to comfort her weary child.

“It’s…that other monster. We healed him… but then he suddenly went wild.”

The evil Digimon listened as he looked at the giant hole in the ceiling. In thought, he was surprised that ChaosBlackWarGreymon had a soft side to him. From what Chrysalis told him. But since his defeat at the Crystal Empire, it seemed as though his soft side was no more.

Queen Chrysalis then heard loud footsteps to her side. Turning around, she saw the evil beast walking away. Back towards the darkness of his lair.

“M-Master? Shouldn’t we need to call him back?”

The Digimon paused. The after only a second of silence, he gave her his answer.

“No. At least not yet.”

As he continued on his way, he gave Chrysalis a last-minute command.

“And get your Changelings to patch up that hole!”

The queen flinched at first, but then turned towards the massive hole in the ceiling. She could see that it would be a long task to fix.

As the Digimon moved deeper in his lair, he was alone in his thoughts.

‘Yes. I must keep ChaosBlackWarGreymon focused on destruction and mayhem. The last thing I need is him to rebel against me. I don’t tolerate traitors. Much like that good for nothing Discord.’

Then a thought entered his mind.

‘Wait, now it makes sense. ChaosBlackWarGreymon acting soft, he must had inherited that from BlackWarGreymon through his data. This will pose a problem if I don’t do something. But incase he does turn traitor on me… I guess it’s time to recruit more allies.’

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. I'm back once more with a short chapter.

Not much to say, but I hope everyone had a happy Easter.

Leave a comment. Leave a like. And I'll see you all soon.

PreviousChapters Next