• Published 13th Jan 2016
  • 15,281 Views, 2,234 Comments

Soldier of Magic - Scorch215



Two months ago Twilight Sparkle disappeared during an experiment. Today she walked into Ponyville wearing strange armor and wielding powerful weapons and is no stranger to death.

  • ...
80
 2,234
 15,281
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 347 )

Good story, it is nice to see a story shows that things in our past can change us.
The ending is also good.
Keep up the good work and ill be watching for a part two.

7038284 I'm glad you enjoyed the story so much, I had a lot of fun writing it. :twilightsmile:

also I always did find it odd when a story has something major happen to a character that seems to not effected them at all as that's very unrealistic. :rainbowhuh:

and the sequel (which takes place before the epilogue) will be written some time within the week, depends on what happen in life.

also the sequel happens before this point in her life.

read that, and was like 'fuck, now the story won't be quite as interesting as i though it would be.' still super fucking hyped to see the sequel, but i was really hoping alicorn twilight got dumped in a world with another (more sucky version) alicorn twilight, and she showed them what a real badass is supposed to be like.

oh yay for a minuet there i didnt think you would give her alicornhood

but i think you fucked up the sequelk should be after alicorn hood or are you going for a third installment

7038288
7038302

I do plan to follow Alicorn Twilight in a later story but I had the sequel planned long before I decided to make Twilight an Alicorn and it would be difficult to reword ad would lose some of what I have planned for it.

7038308 its all good its just a very weird transition you had the first book which finished at the start of the third and there is a second book jammed in the middle

7038333 yeah I know it will be a little weird but it will all make sense once the sequel is out and you see what I had planned and why I need Unicorn Twilight.

Well color me surprised:rainbowlaugh:

You got me thinking that by ascencion she gets to see her friends in the afterlife and we would see them happily together one final time....

Can she visit them now that she is an alicorn on steroids? All of her friends from earth and equestria?

Please:fluttercry:?:applecry:

you know the chapter with tirek you should rename it My Little Pony: Anti-tank rifles are magic

So she gets wings, upgraded cybernetics, upgraded weapons, new blades, and alot of power.

What else would happen?

*looks left*
Oh look. Its something to kill. What should I use first?

I forsee a month long excursion into the everfree to have playtime with the new toys in the Captain's future.

Enjoyable story... so I "favourites" it.
Good enough that I could easily forgive the typos.
I'm glad that you left some time before her Ascension.

Would we see a more distant future with Alicorn Cmdr Twi in Space? Starship Troopers style?

Good hidden chapter. Good thing Chryssy was there to bring Twi back at the end.
I am eager to see the sequel.

Edit : I also will be there for the 3rd story, to know what will Twi do with the book now that she's immortal, and if/when her secrets be revealed, and what will the Sisters think of having seen her crazed laugh. I sure hope Equestria won't get a "Princess Jokemare". But one thing at a time! Sequel 1 first!
Take the time you need.

In the wise words of Achilles "I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!"

HOLY SHIT! CELESTIA'S DRIPPING SUN CUNT!!!! BLOODY FUCKING HELL I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!! CELESTIA FUCKING LUNA IN THE ASS!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Not going to lie, I've known about the sequel for awhile now.

Now, write the sequel.:twilightsmile:



Please.:twilightsmile:

Why did Celestia wait so long to give her this? In Canon she gave Twilight the spell to trigger it and I thought after Tirek she would have but this long to do it.

Note I like what the ascension did for her. Just wished it earlier.

7038857
Celestia didn't decide the "when". The Elements did.

7038424 I'm glad you were able to forgive the Typos and see the story past them as I enjoyed writing this story a lot and I'm glad people enjoyed reading it so much, hell as is aid this is the first multi-chapter story I have ever finished as normaly I burn out and can never get back to them.

7038458 thank you, I planned all of this for a while now, though it did depress me the way I had to ascend her by having her outlive everyone from before her trip to Federal Earth but it was the best way I could get her thinking about things to where it would trigger the event.

plus it gave me a chance to have the EDF primed to go to war with the Elements which looks very amusing in my head.

7038599 as she said in her writing she ahs been the Commander of the EDF for over fifty years at the time of her writing that, she out lived everyone from before her trip away.

7038630 well duh you're my editor of course you know about it. :rainbowlaugh:

7038941 Giving Twilight that book triggered it. It made her make the connection. I see no reason for Celestia to not pull off the same trick with the Commander.

7038857 well as Celestia said/thought she didn't see this coming, Twilight had already learned and created spells that were amazing when she was on Federal Earth, but with everything and she thought it would be enough for her to reach this point, but for some reason she didn't and Celestia didn't know why.

she wasn't planning for her to Ascend at this point and had her place the Element out of a courtesy, it was Twilight that put on the Tiara as she thought about all her friends in depth which triggered it.

7038960 But why not. again even in canon Celestia had to get it triggered and used the book and spell to do it. I can see it being delayed a tad but Twilight going missing and how she was when she returned. The Crystal Empire already happened when Twilight first left and it was then that Celestia thought she was ready. So this delay makes no sense at all. This should have happened before her friends died.

I like what becoming an alicorn did for her but not when it happened.

7038972 *shrugs* way I see it all the work Twilight was doing kept her busy for the most part and with the way Twilight was now Celestia changed her plans to not force it but see if she could achieve it on her own.

7038983 Sorry just have to disagree here. Delayed a bit sure. But decades wait? NOPE. Wasted potential here. Thus no upvote.

I think I've just found a most fitting theme for the "Twilight spreads untold havoc in White Rabbit's hideout" part!

7039011
Sadly, we can't always please everyone. :pinkiesad2:
I know how you feel...

7039011 *Shrugs* well sorry you feel that way good Q but this best fit the story in my opinion do to the changes to the word I created.

7039025 that is pretty good

though I think if you ignore the chorus of this song it fits Reaper every well

This was completely fucking awesome and I give you all the huggles!

7038956 Yep... Anyway the family issue is almost over so I should get back to edtiitng soon.

7039080 just in time for the Sequel! :rainbowlaugh:

Scorch, you have made an amazing story, and I'm glad I stuck through it. I take my helmet off to you and I look forward to the sequel!

7039248 I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. :twilightsmile:

7039300 yes, yes it is.

Welcome to Soldier of Magic. :twilightsmile:

7039554 glad you are enjoying my little story. hope you continue to do so. :twilightsmile:

7039659 it would be bad for the princess' health if she did so as it's clear Twilight is in control. :pinkiecrazy:

7038948 her reaction to getting slapped and the ascension. Not the actual ascension itself. Those are just a little to predictable.

Great story, I really enjoyed reading it and can hardly wait for the sequel. :pinkiehappy::yay::twilightsmile:

7039682 yes but we all know what type of person the Commander is so it's not to hard to predict how she would reacted to getting an upgrade and her reaction to her friend that helps her deal with her issues if you know the mare.

she basically reacts the same way anytime she got an upgrade.

7039697 I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

7038308 i get it. and i wasn't really complaining, it was more like '(twilight becomes an alicorn) holy shit! now the sequel makes sense!' and then a whole idea of how it could happen got made, then i read that alicorn twilight was post-sequel. not a bad thing, just made my idea of what could happen irrelevant.

7039759 yeah I know you weren't, but always best to explain things so everyone is on the same page.

besides this style of sequels worked for the Fast and Furious movies. :rainbowlaugh:

and after that will we get a pre sequel?:trixieshiftright:

How many sequels will this story have? Will Twilight live as long as Celestia and Luna now?

Login or register to comment