• Published 29th Sep 2015
  • 40,698 Views, 4,051 Comments

Sunset Reset - LordBrony2040



After the Friendship Games, Sunset Shimmer decided it's time to return home. It's just that she comes back a bit earlier than expected.

  • ...
193
 4,051
 40,698

Epilogue 3

The purple dragon known simply as Spike watched as the ponies carried the amber colt named Sunburst off in celebration of him earning his cutie mark.

“And just like that, Sunburst was gone!” Starlight said. “Our friendship was over, all because he got his cutie mark, and I didn’t! HIS CUTIE MARK TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME!”

Spike frowned at the explanation. “So...wait, you never saw him again?” he asked with a frown. “Never even sent a letter, or visited him or anything?” It sounded...stupid. “Even if he moved away, you could have at least done something like that.”

As the light purple pony brought her angry glare down on Spike, the dragon was starting to have second thoughts about poking holes in a crazy and violent pony’s messed up logic that made her into a victim to justify her insane revenge plot. “Of course I followed him to the school you idiot!” she exclaimed. “I earned my cutie mark two weeks later, just in time to enroll in Celestia’s special school for elitist jerks!”

A disgusted sneer appeared on Starlight’s face. “But by then, it was too late,” she said. “In the time we were apart, he met this other mare who thought she was so great and powerful, and whose cutie mark let her do so many tricks. So, I had to get rid of him!”

Twilight drew herself back a bit from the ferocity of Starlight’s anger. “Wait...what? That doesn’t make any sense.”

“OF COURSE IT DOES!” Starlight yelled. “LOOK!” The unicorn’s horn lit up before a bright light flashed across Spike’s field of vision, making him close his eyes.

When he opened them, Spike found himself and Twilight standing in the upper hallways of Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns. Although, he could still smell and feel the grass beneath his feet, telling him that what he was seeing was merely an illusion.

“You’re coming with me, and we’re going to spend the rest of the day playing board games!”

Spike turned around and saw the two little ponies standing in a hallway he had seen plenty of during his time at CSGU. Starlight was giving Sunburst her patented glare of insane rage, but the colt didn’t seem to be cowering properly. “No Starlight! Ever since we we met, I’ve always had to do what you tell me to. Well now it’s time for me to do what I want, and if you don’t want me to do that, then I don’t want to hang out with you anymore Starlight!”

Being told no had apparently been a new experience for the little light purple filly at the time, because her mouth dropped before Sunburst moved to walk away. “But-but...you have to do what I say!”

“Would you leave me alone already?” Sunburst asked in a demanding tone as he looked back to Starlight with a frown. “I told you, I don’t want to hang out with you anymore, Starlight.”

The little Starlight Glimmer looked hurt. “But Sunburst! The only reason I even came to this school was to find you!”

Sunburst spun around to glare at Starlight. “Yeah, well the only reason I came here was to get away from you!” he said before he turned back around and quickly began trotting away.

“Uh…” Spike said. “His cutie mark isn’t making him walk away, it’s how big of a jerk you were be-”

“H-Hey! You can’t just trot away from me!” the pink filly went on before she began to build up power in her horn at a surprising speed. “You’re my friend! I OWN YOU!”

“Oh no,” Spike mumbled as the little filly unleashed her magic in a wild blast towards the colt.

Twilight let out a startled cry and leaped forward, trying to protect the colt from the oncoming blast of magic. But, it was all just an illusion. The scene played out as if Twilight didn’t exist. The first time everything occurred, there had been no alicorn to save Sunburst from being hit by Starlight’s attack, which struck him full force and sent the little colt flying through the window.

And to his eventual death.

Both Twilight and Spike stood in mute shock as they watched the scene end, returning them to reality of Starlight’s old village. The dragon could barely believe what he had just seen. When she was just a foal of eight, Starlight had...murdered her onetime best friend.

“That was...wait, I remember hearing something about that when I was at Celestia’s School,” the purple princess said, her voice still full of shock. “That was why all the hallways on the higher floors had shatterproof glass. But...I thought it was just because of an accident. You...killed your best friend?”

Spike felt something press down on him in the back of his mind, a harsh realization as he looked at the anger in Starlight’s eyes. Anger, not remorse for her actions. Even watching what she did for...Celestia only knew how many times, the light purple unicorn didn’t seem to care at all.

Instead of using her spell to go back in time and fix her own mistake, Starlight cast it to ruin six other lives.

“So what?” Starlight spat. “Sunburst may have been the first, but I’ve gotten rid of plenty of ponies since then!”

Twilight's mouth dropped at the declaration. “What?”

A frown appeared on Starlight’s face. “Did you even count how many cutie marks I had in my vault?” she asked. “You don’t really think I could have fit that many Equestrians into eight stupid little houses, did you? I had to have the town loop around during the advertisement parade just to make the march last long enough to do the song for pony’s sake!”

“I...I think I’m going to be sick,” Twilight mumbled as she put a hoof to her barrel.

As Twilight fought not to lose her lunch, Starlight’s eyes widened with an idea. “Wait...that’s it!”

Spike also developed a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“The time between the two of us arriving in Cloudsdale is a good five minutes, and I know where everypony’s starting point is now. All I have to do is go back, or forward at this point, to the rainboom, and I can get rid of that stupid little jock of a horse before you even arrive!” Starlight exclaimed before she gave Twilight one last evil grin. “Goodbye Twilight, the next time we see each other, it’ll be accompanied by the sound of me snapping your little friend’s neck like a twig!”

With Twilight frozen in shock, or maybe fighting the urge to lose her lunch, Starlight galloped past her to jump onto the table before casting her spell. She gave out one last manically evil laugh before the magic involved swallowed her up into the time bubble...thingy.

Right as Starlight disappeared, Twilight pulled herself together. “Oh no! Spike, we have to go after her!”

As Twilight started to gallop off, Spike scratched his head. “Uh...do we?”

WHAT?” Twilight scratched in surprise as she spun around to look at her number one assistant.

Spike scratched his head and broke eye contact with the nervous alicorn. “You heard Starlight, right?” he asked. “If we travel through time to try and stop her, we’ll just end up arriving five minutes after she does. But she left us behind in this time, Twilight, before the rainboom. If we follow Starlight with the table, she’ll arrive five minutes before we do. But if we just wait for her to show up in Cloudsdale now, the normal way, we have years to prepare.”

“And we’ll inflict untold amounts of damage to the timeline in the meantime!” Twilight exclaimed in a panic. “We were both there for each time we went back Spike. It was different every time! Wildly different! That must be because Starlight isn’t sucked back up into the future like we are every time. The one time I pulled her along was it! She stays and keeps changing things! And we’ll do the same thing if we stay here! Now come on!”

Unable to continue the argument, or stop Twilight physically, Spike sighed at the futility of it all as the purple alicorn dragged the dragon along in her magic so that he could get a grip on her coat and ready himself for another bumpy ride. When they reached the table, Twilight cast the spell on the scroll again, and they were sucked up in the temporal bubble.

For the...well, Spike wasn’t sure how many times he had been going back and forth through time, but it felt like forever. The world around them was replaced by a swirling vortex of blue and white.

Years of experience as a magical practitioner’s right and left claws told Spike what was going on. The spell had taken them out of the normal timeframe that Equestria existed in. Although he still didn’t understand how they were moving through time faster than Equestria, or backwards for that matter, Spike did at least grasp that they were no longer in the normal flow of time.

As time passed by, or he passed by time, the dragon looked around to see if he could see any significant events play out when a red and gold streak of color suddenly zoomed past them towards the point in time they had just left. “Whaaa!”

“What?” Twilight asked as she looked around wildly at Spike’s startled cry. “What is it Spike?”

Spike pointed at the edge of the temporal sphere that had gone back to blue and white. “I thought I saw...something?”

“Don’t be silly Spike,” Twilight told him as she looked at where he had pointed. “Nothing could exist in chronospace outside of a protective field.”

A few seconds later, the point became moot as the time travel trip ended and deposited Twilight and Spike in the familiar skies of Cloudsdale. Although after taking a look around, Spike downgraded that assessment to somewhat familiar.

They were definitely on the outskirts of Cloudsdale, but things just seemed a bit...off. Having had to look for Rainbow Dash several times before, Spike had gotten a basic idea of what the flight camp’s layout and… “Twilight, did this place always have cloud statues?” he asked as he looked at the sparsely placed decor.

“I don't have time to think about that Spike. We need to find Rainbow before Starlight...we need to find Rainbow Dash!” Twilight told him before diving into a bunch of clouds for cover.

The twisted feeling in Spike’s returned at hearing the athletic pony’s name. “But, Twilight, remember that one time when we came back and Starlight was already talking to Fluttershy? She gets here before we do and-”

“There she is!” Twilight shouted as she pointed a hoof.

“Huh?” Spike asked before he looked in the direction Twilight indicated. Sure enough, a little Rainbow Dash was flying through the air, but…. “Did she always fly in from that direction?” Dash always came in from behind them, now she was coming in from more of a left angle.

Twilight’s horn lit up. “That’s because we moved, Spike!” she said before Rainbow Dash was surrounded by a purple glow and yanked out of the sky.

As the filly let out a startled cry while she careened towards the temporally displaced pair, Spike looked over to the purple pony. “Twilight! What’re you doing?! I thought we aren’t supposed to interfere!” he said after the filly collided with her chest and Twilight wrapped her forehooves around Dash.

“Twihpghlght?” the obviously confused little pony said as Twilight held her in a crushing grip.

“We can worry about that after we stop Starlight Glimmer from killing Rainbow Dash, Spike!” Twilight exclaimed before she pushed her forelegs away but kept Dash in her fetlocks. “Listen Rainbow, I don’t have time to explain, but your in danger and I’m a princess so-”

Rainbow Dash snorted. “Well of course you're a princess-wait!" she said before her eyes widened. “Are you an alicorn?”

An annoyed sigh came from Twilight’s mouth at the repeated response. “Yes, I’m an alicorn. Now, listen-”

“How good a flier are you?” Rainbow immediately asked.

Twilight blinked before she looked away in embarrassment. “Um...not...very.”

“Huh, must run in the family.” Apparently, Twilight had loosened her grip during the conversation, because Rainbow flew free of her a moment later to get a close few of her flank. “And you got your cutie mark!”

With the conversation going into uncharted territory, Twilight hesitated. “Uh...yeah,” she said uneasily. “Listen-”

Then Rainbow flew up to look at Spike. “And you’ve got a dragon!” she said before giving the purple lizard a scrutinizing once-over and she looking back to Twilight with a frown whence she was done. “Is she like, Ember’s little sister, or something?”

“Ember?” Twilight said as she frowned at the unfamiliar name.

Spike raised his hand to get Rainbow’s attention. “Actually, I’m a boy. Name's Spike.”

Rainbow grinned. “Hey Spike, I’m Rainbow Dash!”

“Rainbow! Would you just stand still for five seconds, I have something important to tell you!” Twilight yelled.

The little pegasus slowed down and lowered herself onto the cloud to sit down. “Okay, okay Twilight, geeze,” Rainbow said with a frown. “Excuse me for getting excited about something.”

Spike tightened his grip on Twilight as the purple alicorn suddenly went rigid. “W-What did you just say?” she asked in a shocked tone.

“Twilight?” Rainbow asked as her angry little frown softened to one of concern. “Hey, sparkle-butt, are you okay? I mean, besides the age spell thing. You know your moms are gonna ground you for that, right?”

Twilight continued to stand mute. Her mouth opened, but she just dropped it instead of saying anything.

“Uh,” Rainbow said as she looked up to Spike, who was in a similar state, then back to Twilight, and finally to the open sky. “Hey! What’re you two idiots doing to Fluttershy?!”

As Rainbow found something new to occupy her attention, Twilight finally broke out of the surprised daze that had left her stunned. “Wait a second. You know who I am?!”

Right then, the time travel spell reactivated, pulling Twilight and Spike into the sphere while Dash’s attention was on something else.

Comments ( 390 )

It's not like I needed sleep anytime soon or anything :pinkiecrazy:

8598285

Sleep is for the weak!

This last epilogue made zero sense. I didn't understand a single bit of it. Did Sunset actually affect the timeline or not? Or was this something else entirely?

8598308

It's her entry point into the timeline, she arrived when Spike and Twilight left Starlight's childhood village. It also accounts for this story's Starlight, who was at Celestia's school while she show didn't put her there at all. It's different than the show because I started this story shortly after F-Games, when we knew there would be a time anomaly but had no idea about Starlight's full origins. By the time Sunburst showed up, I had already decided how I would write Starlight and it was too late to make any major changes

8598331
Okay. That makes a bit more sense. Thank you.

I can't wait for the Sequel keep up the good work.

Full review.

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/784788/sunet-reset-review

I want to like this story much more than I do, though I still do like it just fine. I look forward to the sequels and hope you can improve on the flaws in this one for them. You have a lot of potential as a writer.

Yes! I found this story JUST add it was complete.
Binge reading begins soon.

I find myself only capable of anticipating good things in the future... or, at least, interesting ones.

8598331
I’m still having a little bit of trouble getting it all, and I’m sure I’m not alone... I think I’ll get it better after reading this chapter a few more times, but I really hope they sit down to explain it fully in the sequel!

WHY DID YOU GO AND DO THAT? AFTER ALL THE RESOLUTIONS AND TYING UP LOOSE ENDS YOU GO AND THROW THAT OUT THERE! IN THE LAST EPILOGUE!
You.... are evil. Diabolical. Just for that, I'm gonna read the next story when it comes out, the WHOLE THING. And the one after that too!

....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????!?!?!

Yeah, okay, Rainbow Dash still has a Twilight to get back to and an explanation by complete unawareness at to what she saw, so I guess that's passable?

Also, perma-bye to Twilight and Spike!

One last thing. I take back a comment I posted prior to S6 on chapter 15 asking why Sunburst was depicted as such a jerk. I admit that that was just me hating Starlight (STILL DO) and wishing people would stop calling Sunburst selfish. This clears it up.

Since Twilight hasn't run into Starlight in that last time travel they just did with Rainbow apparently knowing Twilight already, does that mean she's still out there readying herself for killing Rainbow Dash or is Sunset gonna end up stopping her since Twilight and Spike got sucked back into the sphere or has stopped her?

Oh this was evil. I so want to see the sheer amount of 'what' Twilight is going to feel when she comes to that future. Specially if it locks them out of new travels. This sequel is going to be epic :pinkiehappy:

By the way, thanks for the 40k words update. I had to sleep, you know? But i just had to read this, and it was an awesome ending to an incredible story. Kudos for that, can barely wait for more :twilightsmile:

Very good story , now when your ready please (SQL) make the sequel. I’m looking forward to it.

...Well. That's an interesting development. :)

I liked the last main chapter. Wrapped up most things roughly as I expected, maybe a little heavy on the references.

Epilogue 3 on the other hand; no. It messes with what I understood to be the central premise of the whole story ("what if Sunset went back to Equestria, but turned up as an alicorn prior to the rainboom because reasons") by adding events to the unmodified timeline that directly conflict with canon.

It's 3AM and I was about to go to sleep and then this happens XDDD

But I'm relieved there's finally an ending and it's a resolution I really enjoyed. I admit for so long that I've really nagged at how this story didn't focus on Chrysalis, Luna and the sort of really big moments that were teased at so early on in the story. Concluding with Sunset staying in Equestria after all and it being made clearer that it was intentional for this story to focus on Sunset's relationships with others (not to mention that you'll make more stories) make it much easier.

It's WAY to late to go into any indepth, but I do notice quite a number of spelling mistakes. A lot of them like Twilight here:

Tell her I’ll be god from now on, please!”

ARE JUST PLAIN HILARIOUS XD

But I'm happy this story is finally over. It's not a perfect story, but you have immense potential as a writer and you write these characters so darn well. I've read so many Sunset stories that covered so many different variables and routes, but this story was the biggest and best one that explored if Sunset truly did have the idyllic life that she always wanted before her downfall. Having a second chance at that and seeing the mother-daughter relationship between Celestia and her, which I still think is the absolute best thing about your story, made it more than worthwhile :twilightsmile:.

I think we ALL need to get some sleep haha, but well done!

8598528

Basically think about it like this. in this setting Starlight is irredeemable. instead of just concocting a childish vendetta vs cutey marks that later boils into yet another childish revenge plan when her plot is destroyed.. she was an even more childish and immoral brat that bullied the closest thing she ever had as a friend. eventually Sunburst gets his Cutey Mark and uses it to escape Starlight.. except she stalks him into Canterlot anyway.. then when he finally has enough she crosses the line and murders him in cold blood... and had no remorse for it period, even doing it repeatedly in Our Town to keep a reasonable population.

Needless to say as seen here such an Evil pony wouldn't accept redemption nor even really care about the fact she's literally destroying the entire planet and thus proceeds to just go back to the Sonic Rainboom once again, this time with a plan for murder.

From here, we take what Celestia knows about Time Travel in this AU into account: it can't leapfrog across Dimensional Planes such as the one between Canterlot and Canterlot High. and that Sunset returned at the exact same moment that Twilight/Starlight made one of there returns to the Sonic Rainboom. Thus that Red and Orange Blur Spike kinda sorta saw mid travel was Sunset trying to return to an Equestria that for all intents and purposes had no current place to send her, thus something, be it a fail safe in the portal's magic or just hard baked into the laws of the AU itself, she was slingshotted even further backwards to a logical point she could reenter, thus starting the events of the rest of the chapters well before Starlight, Spike or Twilight arrive.

Needless to say, as Sunset is now accidentally doing what Spike was suggesting and simply preemptively waiting for Starlight's arrival, she's having the exact effects Twilight was worried about, hence why everything is so drastically yet at the same time subtly different.

or to put it more simply, Sunset accidentally Butterfly Effect'd things enough to save Rainbow Dash's life from an insane Psychopathic Starlight Glimmer.

canon Starlight will probably there to murder this timeline's Starlight, cause even she knows pschopath is a BIG Step TOO Far.. also child murder..

8599044
Congratulations. You can make sense of timey wimey chronoillogical temporo-whatsi-paradoxicalafragilistic stuff without getting a headache.

Somepony should introduce you to the doctor.



...and now I have to wait for a sequel. At least Shinysundance sorted out their shenanigans the way basically everypony knew they'd have to eventually. Finally. :D

Whelp... that was a fun ending. :pinkiehappy:

Now I need to know what else happens! :pinkiecrazy:

CURSE YOU, LORD BRONY!!!!

Now I want a sequel just to find out what the hell is going on in this final epilogue.

So....

*Demonic Voice*

Get writing.

This was a good story, but maybe I'm just too tired, because I have absolutely no clue what happened during the final chapter and the epilogues. I can't make sense of it at all. It all just seems so out of the blue.

The epilogue is a little confusing will there be a sequel to explain it?

Waiting for the sequel and next story...

To be honest I was expecting to see Princess Twilight come into the story, trying to make sense of what's happening, then comes to Sunset and cry on her shoulder in telling her that she can't seem to beat a time traveling unicorn, has seen alternate time lines that kept getting worst and worst, and that she never asked to be a princess put set up to the plate because it was expected of her to do. I had a whole story arc imagined about what would happened next, but I think I would just be keep rambling here for nothing, and it sort of seems that this might lead to a sequel anyway.

As for Sunset's rule of Equestria, I really think that she she is way too heavy handed, or whatever, and will probably build an image of a despot or just an overly reactionary leader that is just laying out legislation and orders things to be done, but never tries to work with the opposition to see her side of thing or compromise, and just expect obedience for her subjects.

So Sunburst was actually killed by Sunset or what? I didn't understand what Starlight was talking about.

I am so confused but I can't wait to keep reading

8598883
Yeah me too. (The sleep thing.)

Time doesn't exist. That's why time fics are always such nonsense.

You know your moms are gonna ground you for that, right?”

So Twilight is a princess, not an alicorn, does not have Spike yet (correct in cannon) but is a unicorn that RD knows, and is a princess by marriage through Shaw no ng armor. I guess that makes her moms twilight velvet and celestia as mother in law? Or is she adopted? So many questions.

I guess we’ll find out in the sequel.

I suppose if blueblood can be a prince, twilight can be a princess and still be a unicorn.

This messes up Alicorn Twilight’s timeline as Starlight is going to be not as bad going forward as a murder was prevented but Twilight doesn’t know it. I guess if she figures it out things will work out. Or does it straighten it out? Time travel makes my head hurt. Poor sunset.

I suppose this is a variant of the multi worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, just with time travel that is not real time travel, just world line hopping allowed.

a totally awesome story and i love the surprise ending.
and the fact of a sequel is just to sweet.
the epilogues and vary interesting to say the lest.

8599044

As I was ruminating the other day, Starlight being less redeemable[1] is not even that far of a stretch.

I postulate that more that something that happened that went out of her control that sent her over the edge than cutie-marks specifically. I think her equality crusade that was a convenient lie she told herself (subconsciously, even) to justify her actions, which was less equality and more simple control. Bascially, equalising everyone was an expression that she was in control. Heck, even her redemption smacks to me more of her accepting a tacit "join me and together we will rule the galaxy" from Twilight.

Basically, I think it takes one megalomanical control-freak to know another one, and I do see it Starlight.

(Nor, to be fair, would I have put ANYTHING past her after the end of season five and before season six, where I was among Starlight's vocal critics. And I know a few folk who have never gotten over that.)



So it will be interesting to see where this goes in the proposed sequel... Especially as it means that Princess Twilight and Spike are not deleted from the picture entirely. But those butterflies are flapping their wings hard...



(As to the threesome... Yeah, I figured that is Sunset did not leave at all, that was going to be the obvious result.)



[1]I am still personally convinced she IS still Evil, even in canon and that is the main reason I find her entertaining in seasons six and seven as opposed to how annoyed I was at the end of season five.

8599087
They're just gonna be radical to eachother.

I really really hope there will be a sequel and soon!:pinkiehappy:

...Yep, we need either another epilogue, or a sequel just to give this one some much needed context.

WTF is up with Psychotic Glimmer a mass murderer with no remorse. I think this chapter needs a dark tag.

I read the comments to understand this chapter... my mind still feels like it got hit with a baseball bat after reading it though.

So...this is an AU of an AU?


I was confused as to how and why Sunset had so much Harmony magic, and it not dispersing or anything when she time traveled.

Still wonder just how much or little Twilight told Sunset about her life, since Sunset did such a shit job attempting to correct it. i mean, hell, she doesn't even know about Nightmare Moon, or ever bring up Luna to Celestia!

Though that leads to my confusion of the resolution. Like, all of it. Celestia admits to reading her journal, believing Sunset's story, blah blah blah TIME TRAVEL WTF?!?! Are we really expected to believe that Princess Twilight SOMEHOW had enough time and presence of mind to send Sunset a note "Hey yeah, you're on your own, some nutcase stuck me in a time loop"?

it was one of my big gripes with the whole situation, that it's obvious to readers that Sunset jumped the gun and entered the mirror while the Time Spell was active, but there is no conceivable way for Sunset to know.

So, please confirm your plans for a sequel or another epilogue? :applejackunsure:

You still have loose ends and made more. Not that you're obligated to tie up every loose end. People are a little too obsessive about that, but I'd just like to know the plan, or at least know of the plan?

8600470
Celestia figured out the time travel thing from the journal and Sunset's own recollections. No one in the current timeline knows about Starlight's time shenanigans (yet), but they figured out it must be time travel since there's only one known method of it. Sunset's journal is still back at CHS. The way time 'travel' works here is that the traveler doesn't move through time, they basically step outside of it for a moment and then rewind the universe (which seems like it would be a lot more difficult than regular time travel, but whatever). However the effect is limited to the universe you're in. Sunset was in Canterlot high when Starlight took Twi and Spike back to her childhood, rewinding all of Equestria to that time period, which was coincidentally the same time Celestia showed Sunset the mirror. In this story, after saving Midnight Sparkle, Sunset gathers up all the loose magic and decides to go back to Equestria, stepping through right before Twilight and Starlight 'fast forward' Equestria to the time of Dash's rainboom, thus past Sunset gets overwritten by Friendship Games Sunset, who ends up ten years in the past, Equestrian time, while hopped up on harmony magic and made into an alicorn and starting the events of the story. However because the journal was left behind in the CHS universe, it retained a copy of all her correspondence with Princess Twilight, and its magic caused it to copy all of it into Celestia's reset journal, allowing her to learn the truth. Unknown to both her and Sunset, Twilight was out of contact because she's been bouncing around the timeline thanks to Starlight. She didn't leave any sort of notes for Sunset.

The bit with Twilight and young Rainbow just shows that the events of this story have already changed things. Cloudsdale is different, Dash apparently already knows Twilight, who apparently also already has a princess title, and most concerning, may have been adopted by Sunset, Cadance and Shining for reasons that will probably be made known in the sequels.

8601056
Dash said 3 moms. If Sunset and Cadance are 2, the 3rd would be Celestia or Velvet, but with Sunset as a surer pick, Celestia would be more of a granny, so there's probably not much to worry about.

8601056
Yeah, I'm not putting that much faith in Celestia's intelligence.

Ya know? The whole "I have the only plan, gonna murder/suicide my sister because no one else can help, leaving Sunset n charge now that she's an alicorn and can raise the sun. Oh, and because I want to be happy my last few years I'll tell CADANCE but not my DAUGHTER!".


Huh. Your interpretation of the Dash scene makes SOME sense. I missed that because I thought it was just fluff background of another ANOTHER AU that was spun off. But if she was shunted into THIS past.............GodDAMN it time travel is confusing! This whole fic takes place over, what, a month? Presumably before Twilight's fated test? Which crunches the timetable down.

I mean, unless Megamaning all that Harmony magic played havoc with the mirror and just overshot Sunset further back into the past, then why the big timegap? Why doesn't Princess Twilight get that much of a timegap? I suppose Startard could have been smart enough to plant a slightly different scroll to mess with twilight but then, IIRC they kept getting shunted into changed futures and fuck it, I don't want to think about the stupid bitch that ruined the show for me anymore.


I can't view NMM, Sombra, Tirek victories as anything but foregone logical conclusions easily seen by a 5 year old, and as such can't take Startard's "Intelligence" seriously.

Ah time travel. A brick to the knee of most plot lines. Still glad to see a hint of what is to come. Very much looking forward to the sequel.

8598865
8599100
8599118
8599257
8600203
8600222
8600234
8600850

Chapter 27, author's note at the end.

Seriously, my dudes. When an author makes one of those, they're trying to communicate with the audience. You either didn't read it, didn't read it very closely, or read it and forgot before asking later.

I got your backs this time, my dudes, but could you try a bit harder next time?

8601271

Author's Note:
Oh, wait, that's right, there's still two more full stories, and a short one involving Sunset's coronation that have all been worked out in my mind. But before I could even start one those, Sunset needed to actually decide to stay in Equestria, and pick who she would be staying with.

2+1=3, and there are 3 epilogues which could be considered stories in their own right, one of which involves the coronation. 2 have enough words to be considered one shots, and 1 is quite short. :trixieshiftright:

If you're saying that's not what he was referring to then excuse me for not getting it after reading 30,000+ words over the course of many hours of my free time during a whole day. The rest of the author's notes read like he's talking about the chapter we just read and then he refers to the epilogues as what comes next. I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful, but maybe you should try harder before slinging insults? :ajbemused: sigh :facehoof: You're really ticking me off, but I'm just going to go calm down now.

Login or register to comment