• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,914 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,914

Chapter 39

Sunset Shimmer was quiet and kept to herself. Since arriving back in Ponyville, Trixie had been staying at the library pretty much as a default. Despite her proximity to Sunset, the two of them hadn’t really interacted.

Sunset’s manner continued to give Trixie the creeps. She was not only meeker than Fluttershy, her attitude resembled a puppy who continuously had a boot ready to kick at any moment hanging over its rump.

While that was still preferable to Sunset as a demon trying to take over the world, it wasn’t much better. What had been done to her – what Twilight had done – was very disturbing.

Trixie got off the couch that morning and began to pack. It had been a few days since the showdown with Starburst, but things weren’t quite back to normal. Twilight was the problem.

Trixie’s plan was pretty simple. She was going to go to Canterlot to speak to Twilight. What she had to say wasn’t particularly pleasant, but it needed to be said. There was something very wrong, and not just Twilight’s alicornhood.

The possibility that Twilight would atomize Trixie in response was small, but the fact that it existed at all was a clue to how the situation stood.

Trixie frowned as she thought about it. While she didn’t know exactly where things had gone wrong, she felt that they had to be fixed. And the burden of that fell on her.

The train ride to Canterlot seemed long, but Trixie occupied herself with wording her argument. It was difficult because she had no idea where to begin. Other than the fact that Twilight needed help, Trixie still didn’t have a good feel for her overall problem. All she had to go on was what she had observed.

Getting off the train at her destination a few hours later, Trixie headed for the castle. Encountering guards, she asked to see the recently Princess’d Twilight and was given an audience.

Twilight wore her Element of Harmony tiara and a frown. There was a half-eaten plate of hay fries in front of her and a thick history book that she was listlessly turning the pages of. Trixie sat down across the small table from her.

“Why are you here?” Twilight asked.

“I’d like to talk.”

“About what?”

“About you.”

Twilight looked up from the book, waiting.

Trixie took a breath. “You have a serious problem with the way you value life.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Twilight sat up a little straighter, her lips frowning.

“Do you remember when I discovered you doing that immortality experiment in the castle dungeon?” Trixie asked.

“Got a problem with that? Is there something wrong with wanting to live longer? At any rate, I don’t have to worry about that now that I’m a Princess.”

Trixie shook her head. “No, I don’t think anypony has a problem with wanting to live longer, but in the same conversation you said you weren’t ready for the responsibility that Princesshood brings. You seemed very caught up in trying to control your life.”

Twilight sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly. “Yes, you’re right. I think I said it then, but after that incident with the visitors from Valiant’s world, the creators, I realized that I was taking too many things in my life for granted. Actually, after meeting Valiant I realized I was taking too many things for granted, period.

“But…it all got to be too much. It seemed like whoever I talked to told me not to burn myself out with things I couldn’t change. Plus, if our world is really controlled by a mysterious group of creators, then aren’t our lives just scripts?”

“But they aren’t,” Trixie reminded her. “We’ve gained our own consciousness. They told us that.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that we were artificially created and given direction,” Twilight reminded her. “That’s why I gave up. Nothing was worth trying to change.”

“But didn’t you used to be the one who was always trying to make the world a better place? You were always trying to solve problems and change things? If it wasn’t possible to change fate, then why did the creators make you with that attitude?

“You were made to be a petty traveling magician,” Twilight shot back.

“And wouldn’t you agree that I’ve got a better direction now?” Trixie asked. “I’ve got friends, I’ve got family, and I’ve probably done more to help Equestria in the past few months than you, an Element of Harmony.”

“What does Elementhood have to do with it?”

“It’s a responsibility. You have the power to help ponies.”

“Responsibility,” Twilight spat. “I didn’t exactly ask for the position. I didn’t ask to be a Princess. I didn’t ask to be the one that everypony runs to when there’s a problem.”

“A lot of times, you’re the only one who can solve a particular problem,” Trixie pointed out. “Remember the Ursa Minor, or a whole host of other things? You’re concerned that you can’t change your life, Twilight, but feats like you’ve performed prove that you have done great things and can do more in the future.”

“But only in reaction to crisis,” Twilight argued. “Never making things happen proactively.”

“Is that why you crushed Sunset Shimmer’s mind?” Trixie asked. “Because it was the only thing you could force her to do? Are you really that desperate for control?”

“You have no idea what I did to Sunset,” Twilight replied.

Trixie nodded. “And neither does she. I don’t know what you did to punish her for her crimes, but it’s like her mind has been wiped. She doesn’t even remember what she was being punished for. That’s a serious lack of discipline with mental manipulation.”

“She showed a terrible lack of discipline with common decency!” Twilight practically shouted. “Abusing magic like that!”

“And you’re better than her,” Trixie said, attempting to keep herself from matching Twilight’s tone. “You want some control over your life? Learn to discipline yourself. You could have held back on tearing Sunset’s mind apart. You didn’t have to completely destroy Starburst. You’ve got all this power, Twilight, even more so now that you’re an alicorn. If you want control, then make the effort to be responsible with it.”

Twilight’s mouth opened, but she shut it again without saying anything. She calmed herself, although Trixie could see her mind working. Calmly, Twilight said, “I understand what you’re saying, Trixie, but isn’t that a bit hypocritical? You pulled the Elements of Harmony together and activated the spell to turn me into a Princess without anypony’s consent. Valiant was practically the antithesis of control and restraint.”

Trixie froze, having not considered that line of thought. After a moment she managed, “Some things have to be done. As a Princess, you were the only one who could stop Starburst from destroying the sun. I’m sorry for thrusting that upon you, but isn’t it better than the alternative of everypony dying horribly?”

“Am I supposed to just nod and go along with the ‘greater good’ idea?” Twilight demanded. “Valiant sure didn’t.”

“And yet every time Equestria needed saving, he was right there,” Trixie reminded her.

“Probably because he caused it in the first place!” Twilight’s voice was rising again. “He was the one who wrested control from the creaters and was the catalyst for the turmoil Equestria has been in!”

“You’re exaggerating,” Trixie said coolly. “And instead of our current situation, would you rather be a mindless automaton in a fictional universe?”

“At least then we wouldn’t be in this situation and forced to deal with it! I just want things to go back to normal, when there were no catastrophes and everything had a natural order and process. I don’t want to worry about things. I don’t want to care.”

Trixie stared at her. “At least my dad wasn’t apathetic; he never rage quit on life.”

“You dare compare me to him?” This time, Twilight’s voice was at a full scream. “He, who has done this to me? To all of us?”

Her horn glowed, magic flashing to the surface, but Trixie’s hoof moved faster, whipping out the switchblade and throwing her hoof forward. The point of the knife stopped a fraction of an inch from Twilight’s throat.

The Princess paused, her head tipped back away from the weapon. She locked eyes with Trixie and there was a tense moment.

Trixie broke the silence. “Twilight, if I was acting like you – like I didn’t care – I would have just killed you right now. My methods might be extreme, but they serve a purpose. I care what happens and I’m not afraid to do what I think needs to be done, even if a few feelings get hurt along the way. It’s not a perfect solution, not everypony gets what they want, but it’s better than going through life passively and running away. I learned to be an adult and deal with the hand life dealt me however I could. And I swear, I will gank a Princess if you don’t pony up and do the same.”

Twilight closed her eyes and took a deep breath. He magic faded and Trixie lowered the knife. Twilight sighed and opened her eyes. “I guess…you’re right.”

She frowned. “I wish you could have come up with a better way to make your point than threatening me, though.”

Trixie ducked her head. “Sorry. Plans and subtlety are really more of your thing.”

Twilight nodded. “Regardless, I see the idea you were trying to get across to me. Maybe I was so far into my funk that I couldn’t see it myself. I’m sorry that I took such…extreme convincing.” She rolled her eyes. “You’re definitely your father’s daughter. He would be proud.”

Trixie boarded the train back to Ponyville that evening. She’d talked a little more with Twilight before leaving the castle. The conversation had shifted to casual conversation and Trixie told her friend about the time she’d had traveling around Equestria.

The train wheezed along. It was not one of the improved models that Valiant had engineered. In fact, those were seen less frequently as they broke down with nopony to maintain them properly since her father had left for outer space. Trixie sighed. It was a shame, but she couldn’t force herself to continue his work.

She may have admired her father, but she was not him. He probably would not have been okay with a clone. Something something Democracy and thinking for yourself because we ain’t no Chinese hive mind.

Although not honoring him through mimicry, Trixie thought he deserved to be remembered for what he had done. It would be difficult to plaster his face everywhere in Equestria, mostly because Valiant was not a celebrity and it would be a massive undertaking to explain to citizens why he was important. Also, few if any pictures existed of him as Valiant had broken most every camera that had attempted to capture one.

That didn’t mean she couldn’t remember him privately, Trixie thought as the train continued on. Regardless of what the creators had done in the making of Equestria, Valiant had made her. Maybe not biologically, but Trixie wouldn’t be who she was without him. After solidly ruining her own life, he’d helped her to reform.

She hadn’t seen her birth family in years and they were clearly apathetic to her fate. But not Valiant. He cared.

Trixie smiled to herself and leaned back, eyes closing. “Thanks dad.”

Author's Note:

This story was filling in a sandwich made of Season 3 and Season 4 of A Dream.
We have come to the end of this narrative and I strongly encourage you to check out the main story.

Or you get Trixie's M60 up your ass :trixieshiftright:




Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 15 )

I expect the first chapter of the return of A Dream to start with the equivalent of gigantic kickass fanfare.

Also, meanwhile, TNaB continues to toy with this universe behind reinforced concrete line with lead and story-resistant fourth-wall glass, because wow was that meta conversation really existential. Hurts my head.

Wow, that ended up surprisingly deep.

And 39 chapters, dang. Does that mean we had a full 40 week wait between seasons? Talk about spending time in the wilderness.

3503289 Hurts your head, eh? You. Utter. Pansy. :pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

Naw, but seriously. Loved this chapter! :pinkiehappy:

And a sequel. If only... :ajsleepy:

3609101... ok I'll go do that. :twilightblush:

3715315 Aye, except for when you use another thing and end up deleting all your spaces.

very good very good stories them both:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I give this eight hooves up! :trixieshiftright:
5

“You try composing a new ditty in every town you go,” huffed Flim.

go to? I'm not sure if it's strictly necessary, though.

15 - aka The Adventures of Trixie if her Mother was a Badass Alien

The orange mare grinned. “Princess Luna lost a bet to me and has to leave that writing up for a year.”

Are the princesses not genderswapped?

18

Getting some sort of spell or potion to let a pony go about their life without ageing forever will take quite a bit more research.

that's the Brit spelling of 'aging'.

“Since the Element of Magic goes missing!”

went?

19

"Starburst" and "Valiantia" that they had told Sunset wouldn't get them in trouble

Perhaps: "the 'Starburst' and 'Valiantia' aliases that they had told Sunset wouldn't get them in trouble."

20

but she was still fairly naieve in the ways of the world.

naïve. Sure, the umlaut can be replaced with 'ie' if the regular character is unavailable, but in English it's also correct to spell it without the umlaut and it's fairly easy to add one anyways.

30

I can lend you some because I usually get my passage by shoveling coal.”

can't?

39

“He was the one who wrested control from the creaters

creators

4389659 maybe. at this ponjit am thinking she not doing it to cover up something morel ike wanting to do something so always wanting to do and just finding exe for it

4390763 Why would I kill myself? Sluice side is nevar the answer, no matter the ranting and raven of others.

“You dare compare me to him?” This time, Twilight’s voice was at a full scream. “He, who has done this to me? To all of us?”

Her horn glowed, magic flashing to the surface, but Trixie’s hoof moved faster, whipping out the switchblade and throwing her hoof forward. The point of the knife stopped a fraction of an inch from Twilight’s throat.
The Princess paused, her head tipped back away from the weapon. She locked eyes with Trixie and there was a tense moment.

Trixie broke the silence. “Twilight, if I was acting like you – like I didn’t care – I would have just killed you right now. My methods might be extreme, but they serve a purpose. I care what happens and I’m not afraid to do what I think needs to be done, even if a few feelings get hurt along the way. It’s not a perfect solution, not everypony gets what they want, but it’s better than going through life passively and running away. I learned to be an adult and deal with the hand life dealt me however I could. And I swear, I will gank a Princess if you don’t pony up and do the same.”
Twilight closed her eyes and took a deep breath. He magic faded and Trixie lowered the knife. Twilight sighed and opened her eyes. “I guess…you’re right.”
She frowned. “I wish you could have come up with a better way to make your point than threatening me, though.”

Yeah. Say what you will about Trixie, she got balls of diamond!!:rainbowdetermined2:

This story was awesome!!!! :ajsmug:
It had action :rainbowdetermined2:, comedy :pinkiehappy:, mystery :moustache:, a little but of horror :twilightoops:, had decent character development for a two-shot character :raritywink: and it made you think at points :twilightsmile:.
Granted, Flim and Flam and a few other characters got old with their routine pretty fast, :facehoof: (seriously, i haven't seen such (if restrained) sex crazy ponies since one of my OCs went into heat.:ajbemused:) but they're hardly a scratch on this great story.:pinkiesmile:

5 points on the :yay:itude meter!! i wonder where Trixie's adventures will lead her next?:trixieshiftright:

Description says rated M for Machine Gun.

Story is actually rated T for Teen.

Doesn't know what to believe, so is forced to read it to confirm one way or the other.

Well played~

10620929
Actually rated T for Trixie due to gun censorship or something.

Login or register to comment