• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,913 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,913

Chapter 15

The sex was a great stress reliever. Trixie honestly couldn’t remember how long it had been for her, and with the big deal the Flim Flam Brothers (sisters?) made about it, the gap for them had probably been quite a while, too. The added discovery of an alternate perspective added to the novelty.

Trixie relaxed in bed, feeling more content than she - well, he - had in ages. This was turning into a rather interesting vacation. Still, he knew he would have to return at some point. Trixie did not want to be a guy forever. The other two had fallen into a quiet sleep, wearing smiles on their faces.

The library’s front door opened. Trixie heard the sound of hooves on the stairs coming up to the bedroom. There was no way to tell who it was, and nowhere to hide if it turned out to be somepony Trixie didn’t want to see. Well, most of presentation was about attitude. He put on his best brazen show smile and waited.

The mare that appeared at the top of the stairs was orange with an untidy black mane. She stopped short, surprised to see the three ponies in bed. “Trixie, why did you bring them here?”

Trixie could only stare. “Dad? Er, I mean, mom?”

Valiant paused for a moment. After what looked like several mental calculations, she facehoofed. “Oh dear Lord, you’re from the other universe, aren’t you?”

“Yes, actually,” Trixie replied. “But why are you here? I thought you were still on the moon.”

“The moon?” Valiant shook her head. “What did that idiot alternate version of myself do this time?”

“He built something called a Saturn V and took off,” Trixie replied. “He hasn’t come back yet.”

Valiant considered that for a moment before gesturing for Trixie to get out of bed. “Come with me.”

Trixie got out of bed without disturbing Flim or Flam. She followed Valiant down the stairs and out the front door. It was early evening and the sun was on its way down. The two of them stood quietly and watched.

The sun slipped below the horizon and the moon rose on the opposite side of the planet. Trixie squinted at it. Written in visible letters on the lunar surface was the message Valiant rules.

The orange mare grinned. “Princess Luna lost a bet to me and has to leave that writing up for a year.”

Trixie frowned. “So you didn’t write that yourself? You never went to space?”

“No. Why would I?”

“So you never built a rocket?”

“No.”

Trixie thought about that, trying to connect the dots and figure out the connection. Her father’s space vehicle had been constructed as a side effect of the battle with a pair of ponies called the Black Twins. He had been a little loopy at the time, but apparently the rocket worked fine. She’d watched it blast off after all. So if the female Valiant from this universe had never built the rocket... “What happened to the Black Twins?”

Valiant stared at her with a neutral expression. “I murdered them in their sleep.”

“Oh.” The complete lack of emotion in the response gave Trixie the creeps. Not only wasn’t this pony even slightly sorry or sensitive about the subject, but she wasn’t even boasting about overcoming an adversary. She just said it as simply as if it were a piece of ancient history. Trixie suddenly liked this universe a lot less.

That raised other questions, however. Knowing her father, stallion-Valiant would not have passed up the chance to deface the moon. Since that hadn’t happened, Trixie had to assume he had never landed there.

“Are you familiar with the Saturn V?” Trixie asked.

Valiant nodded. “Yeah, it’s the rocket NASA built for moon missions.”

“How much did it carry in the way of provisions?”

“They carried three people. I think the longest mission lasted twelve or thirteen days.”

Trixie didn’t know how people’s intake of food, water, and oxygen compared to ponies, but even with a simple straight-up comparison, it seemed that Valiant had between thirty six and thirty nine days available. Maybe a little more if he substituted scientific equipment for more supplies. So, Valiant could probably stay in space somewhere between one month and two months. One month had already passed.

Trixie didn’t want to ask the next question, but felt that she had to. “How reliable was the design of the rocket?”

“Generally pretty reliable.” Valiant shrugged. “Of course, it carried six million pounds of liquid rocket fuel, so if it exploded it would be the equivalent a two kiloton nuclear weapon.”

That was actually reassuring. Nopony had observed such an explosion. That still left the question of time, however. Even with generous estimates, Valiant had to be near the end of his supplies. Trixie nodded, knowing there was nothing she could do. “Thank you. I think I’ll be going home, now.”

Valiant the mare nodded. “Good.”

Her tone rubbed Trixie the wrong way. Trixie had to admit that her father was not a nice pony, but this alternate version of Valiant was just simply condescending. And clearly even more sociopathic. To be fair, Ponyville looked like it hadn’t been as molested by evil in this universe, so maybe her methods were effective. That didn’t excuse her complete bitchiness, though.

Trixie started to turn, but stopped. “Do you treat your own son like this?”

“Does it matter? You aren’t him. And I’m not your father.”

“Regardless of who my father is, he’s still a version of you. I’m just disappointed.”

Valiant shrugged. “Not my problem. Go cry to your dad - oh wait, he’s probably dead.”

After spending most of her life in her own universe as a female, Trixie had no qualms about hitting a mare.

Author's Note:

Yes, late chapter. Sorry. I'll have something better next week.