• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,894 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,894

Chapter 30

The train pulled into the station near the seaport, coming to a halt. The trip had taken longer than Trixie had expected, but here in Scoltland the towns were closer together and the engine couldn’t go full-tilt. It was a smaller locomotive than Equestrian style anyway. The boiler and pistons couldn’t produce as much power.

Trixie shook her head, pulling herself away from such thoughts. She was supposed to be on vacation here, not thinking about mechanics. Valiant had taught her well.

“We can find a ship here to take us home,” Fluttershy said. “I hope you have the money to pay for your ticket. I can lend you some because I usually get my passage by shoveling coal.”

“No, it’s fine,” Trixie said. “In fact, I could pay for your ticket. You wouldn’t have to work.”

“Well, I don’t know if-”

“It’s okay,” Trixie assured her. “Just because you’re good at it doesn’t mean you have to do it at every opportunity.”

Fluttershy thought for a moment. “Is that why you haven’t been as flashy lately? I don’t remember the last time you did any magic tricks.”

She had a point. Trixie nodded. “I suppose you have a point.”

Fluttershy smiled. “I’d love to see some, if that’s okay with you.”

Trixie thought for a moment. “You know, I think I can do better than that.”

When they found the ticket office at the seaport, Trixie made special arrangements with the company, booking herself as entertainment for the cruise. She would do one show per day in exchange for free meals for her and her assistant. It was not a super deal, but certainly not bad for just walking up and organizing something last minute.

“But who is your assistant?” Fluttershy asked as they made ready to board.

Trixie raised an eyebrow.

“Oh.” Fluttershy looked away. “I don’t know if I can.”

“Relax. I know what I’m doing. I'll take care of most of it.”

Fluttershy turned back, clearly still feeling some misgivings, but nodded. “Okay.”

Trixie smiled. “Let’s go find our cabin. We could use some practice before the show.”

The paddle steamer was not a grand ocean liner, but not a bad little vessel. Its compact size made it easy to find their way around. With a toot of its horn, the lines were cast off and the steamer got underway.

While putting on her old traveling show, Trixie did not usually need many props or anything besides her own magic, but that didn’t mean a little extra wouldn’t be nice. At least the steamer had an event stage.

Coordinating with Fluttershy, they began to lay out a plan for the show while resting in their cabin. Trixie would be doing most of the work while Fluttershy would stand there and look cute. Both of them were okay with the arrangement.

“So how many days do we have before we get back to Equestria?” Fluttershy asked.

Trixie checked the tickets. “It says five.” She frowned. “It also says we’re not headed for the east coast.”

“Really? But I thought that’s what we got them booked for.” Fluttershy frowned.

“Yeah, I know.” Trixie inspected the tickets. “It says we’re actually going to Neigh Orleans.”

“But why would they do that?” Fluttershy wondered aloud. “Did somepony make a mistake?”

Trixie shrugged. “I suppose we could ask one of the crew members. Some of the passengers will probably be angry, but I don’t really mind. I’m not in a hurry to get home and I’ve never been to that part of Equestria.”

Fluttershy nodded. “I just hope we won’t regret this.”