• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,913 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,913

Chapter 22

Trixie stared at the massive ship's bow, a frown on her face. There was something about the name Titanic, something Valiant had said, perhaps. She couldn't quite remember what it was, however, and so moved forward up the boarding ramp with a shrug.

The ship was lavishly furnished. It had a modern iron hull and steam engines. This was to be its first cruise, carrying passengers across the ocean.

Trixie found her way to the cabin assigned to the first-class ticket she had gotten from the Flim Flam Brothers. She wondered how those two could have gotten it in the first place, suspecting something suspicious at work, but decided that it wasn't important. She had her mind set on a nice relaxing cruise and didn't want to worry about the details.

Valiant had traveled extensively aboard a research ship with the Elements of Harmony. While Trixie wasn't planning to see quite as much of the world as that, she was eager to get out and do some exploring. Her first destination beckoned.

Quite a few ponies had booked passage for the trip, and the ship seemed to be full to capacity. Trixie wandered the decks as preparations were made to get going. Everypony seemed to be in a good mood. Truthfully, the little vacation across the sea had lifted Trixie's spirits as well. After the incident with the mirror portal in the Crystal Empire, there had been a lot on her mind.

Perhaps Twilight could do with some cheering up, too. The ticket Trixie had was for a cabin that could accommodate two. She could have invited along a companion and now regretted not asking Twilight. She probably needed a break as much as anypony. That is, if Twilight would have agreed to go.

Trixie had noticed a definite chance in Twilight's attitude since the outbreak of alicornism incident. She had been more serious, less smiling, almost a little angry or depressed. It was confirmed there was something big on her friend's mind when Twilight was found in that weird science lab in the dungeons. She was troubled by something, anypony could see that.

Putting that aside for a moment, Trixie heard the chugging of the steam engines pick up and the ship's deck hands cast away the mooring lines. A great cheer rose up from the passengers and the assembled crowd on the wharf as the great ship Titanic pulled away.

Trixie enjoyed the sea air for a few minutes longer before heading back to her cabin. She'd brought the essentials with her: hat, cape, M60, switchblade, drugs, and money. Traveling light across Equestria's west had taught her a few lessons about effective packing for a trip.

Speaking of drugs, Trixie paused to pop a pill. Zecora had certainly done her a great favor by making the anti-radiation medication in convenient capsule form. Trixie felt better, was less a danger to anypony, and remained unfreaky.

At lunchtime, Trixie strolled out of her cabin to partake in the ship's excellent food. Supposedly, no expense had been spared on hiring chefs. She was just entering the dining room when the sounds of a scuffle reached her. Two porters were struggling with a passenger near the entrance to the kitchen.

"Of course I don't have seating arrangements!" a female voice shouted. "I could only get a third-class ticket after all!"

"Third-class passengers are not allowed in this dining room," the crew ponies sternly informed her, dragging the mare towards the door. Apparently, she had snuck in through the kitchen.

Trixie caught sight of the third-class pony and had to agree that she really was a tramp. The grey unicorn's multicolored mane was untidy and her ugly orange and pink cape didn't help. Plus, her name was Starburst.

Ducking into the crowd of curious onlookers, Trixie put herself out of sight. As long as she kept to first-class-only places, she should be able to stay away from Starburst, but clearly she would still have to be careful of more intrusions like this.

And how did Starburst know Trixie would be aboard? The ticket she'd won from the Flim Flam Brothers had only been obtained in a card game the night before. Had they told her?

Trixie brooded her way through lunch and then went to find the telegraph office. Through the use of radio technology, the ship was somehow able to communicate with the shore, or at least with other ships that could transmit the message the rest of the way. She asked the telegraph operator to send a strongly worded message to the Flim Flam Brothers.

With the transit time involved, the time to get the message down at the shore receiving station, and the time to track down the brothers, it could be quite a while before a response came. Trixie went back to her cabin to brood some more.

It was beginning to look like the only way to get rid of Starburst was to kill her. While Trixie wasn't exactly justified with deadly force, Starburst had caused enough trouble to incur at least some punishment. Plus, when Valiant came back he would probably be proud of her for dealing with things so decisively.

Close quarters fighting inside the ship was not a good idea with the weighty machine gun. Plus, a knife would be much more subtle and less likely that anypony would notice. Also, it would be several more days until the ship reached shore. Trixie hadn't noticed that much entertainment aboard.

Decision made, Trixie picked up her hat and cape, concealing her father's switchblade. She headed for the third-class spaces.