• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,894 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,894

Chapter 25

Trixie slid awake, staring glumly through her cabin’s porthole. It was early morning and the sun was rising. The ship was less than a day from arriving at its destination.

Since beating Starburst bloody the night before, Trixie hadn’t left her bed. She wanted to go find the ship’s security office and con her way into getting enough time to finish Starburst off, but couldn’t summon the energy.

Upon returning to her cabin, Trixie had taken her pills. She’d wanted to brood for a while, but that was hard to do if she wouldn’t fit on the bed. The eight legs had to go.

She reflected silently on how her life had come to this. Turning into a freak if she got angry, tried to use too much magic, or forgot to take her medication was a constant threat looming over her head. On top of that, Trixie couldn’t seem to control it. She knew exactly the consequences, but had still crossed the line on more than one occasion.

The piece of news Starburst had delivered didn’t help. According to her, Valiant was dead, blown up by an exploding star. That was after he was kicked out of his spacecraft into the cold vacuum of space. Trixie didn’t want to believe it. Starburst seemed confident in her words, however. And it would explain why Valiant wasn’t yet home.

Trixie frowned. Then again, Starburst could very well be a liar. In fact, other than her saying so, there was no evidence that she had actually met Valiant. Also, there were a few key details she had never mentioned. Particularly the fact that Valiant had traveled to space with Rexy, a Tyrannosaurus skeleton that Discord had brought to life. With no need to breathe, and especially no need to eat, it had seemed like the ideal companion to take into space. A T-Rex was something Trixie was sure Starburst would have mentioned if she had actually encountered it.

Her sprits lifted somewhat, Trixie got up and stretched. Checking the clock, she saw that it was an acceptable time for breakfast.

She frowned, thinking about what ponies might do if they recognized her. Not only had she attacked another pony, but she’d appeared to be some kind of monster. Trixie shook her head. No, it was dark and it was precisely her modified appearance that would prevent her from being recognized. This morning, she was just another pony.

The fact that she had to worry about such things almost pulled Trixie back into her funk, but she put it off and left her cabin. Breakfast was set up in the dining room. When she got a moment during her meal, Trixie asked a waiter when the ship would be arriving.

“Very soon,” he replied. “Are you traveling on business or pleasure?”

“Pleasure,” Trixie replied.

“Hmm. Well, good luck with that in Germaneigh,” the waiter told her. He moved away to serve other passengers.

Trixie finished breakfast and went to pack her bags. The ship was soon coming alongside the pier and she clustered with the other departing passengers. The ship tied off, and they all went down the gangway.

Germaneigh didn’t look a whole lot different than Equestria. Probably because it was still technically an outlying territory. A weird one to be sure, but still ruled over with an iron hoof by Celestia. Trixie shook her head. Thinking about Valiant early in the morning had got her thinking politics.

With no particular destination in mind, Trixie set off. She hadn’t brought her skateboard, hearing that the quaint villages in this part of the world had cobblestones that might make riding difficult.

Trixie walked down the street for a few minutes. She was looking around at what the city had to offer when a pale blue stallion, an even lighter shade than Trixie herself, stopped her.

He introduced himself, speaking with a thick but understandable Germane accent. “Hello, Ms. Trixie. I am called Berg. I hope you will come with me, please.”

“What’s this about?” Trixie asked. She’d gotten off the ship only minutes before. Somehow, this pony knew she was there.

“My boss has something to show you,” Berg explained.

Trixie cocked an eyebrow. “Okay.”

Berg turned and began to walk. Trixie followed him. They traveled a few blocks before coming to a fairly nondescript building set among a row of others. Berg opened the door and let Trixie in.

The inside had a few small pieces of high-tech stuff lying around on tables and work benches. There appeared to be a few rooms in the back that Trixie couldn’t see.

There were some hoofsteps, and a stallion stepped into the room. Trixie gasped in surprise. It was Detective Gene, of the Mustangeles police department.

“What are you doing here?” she asked. The last time Trixie had seem him, she’d asked Gene a few questions regarding the Have you seen this pony? billboards with Starburst’s face on them. That had been a few weeks ago.

“Well, I told you that I analyzed some of your DNA,” Gene said. “I talked with a few ponies I know in the genetics field and we all agree that you’re something of an anomaly.”

“Tell me something I don’t know,” Trixie growled.

“Well, I managed to find one scientist who was willing to look a little deeper.” Gene gestured to the back rooms. “He’s here, and I think you should meet him. He wants to help you.”

While getting help sounded like a prudent idea, Trixie was instantly suspicious. “This all seems a little too convenient.”

Gene rolled his eyes. “Tell me about it. The whole process to get that cruise ticket to you was ridiculously complicated. This is why a lot of ponies think that Doctor Octopi is crazy.”

“Doctor Octopi?” Trixie repeated.

“Doctor Octopi,” confirmed Berg.

“Doctor Octopi,” announced an unseen voice from the back rooms. “’Tis I, Doctor Octopi.”

Oh boy, here we go, thought Trixie.