• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,913 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,913

Chapter 19

Where to start looking for Twilight’s tiara was a problem. It seemed obvious that if Sunset Shimmer had lost it, then there was no use in asking her where to find the crown. Besides, she was unconscious with a rapidly spreading bruise on her face.

“Did you have to knock her out?” complained Twilight as she and Trixie dragged their comatose capturee through the school. The polished tile floor helped slide her limp body along, but Trixie had to admit that the weight was starting to become a problem, especially with the heavy machine gun still slung on her back.

The weapon was wrapped up in her cape again. There was no way of telling if the inhabitants of this world would know what it was and how they would react to it being in a school. They seemed humanish, but the pony-like skin and hair colors made it obviously not Valiant’s version of Earth.

There wasn’t magic here, either. Trixie and Twilight had both tried spells to make dragging Sunset easier. On top of that, the heavy M60’s carrying strap was digging into Trixie’s shoulder. At the very least, the Princesses of Equestria could have sent Trixie’s skateboard through the mirror with her so she and Twilight could roll Sunset along.

“So where do we start looking for the Element of Magic?” Twilight asked.

“It wasn’t outside.” Trixie shrugged.

“Well, hopefully a convenient bit of luck comes along to help us out,” Twilight joked.

Trixie did not laugh. Twilight was not very good at jokes. Also, deus ex machina was boring.

Students began to come into the building. Classes would begin soon. Trixie looked around. “I think everypon - er, everyone will be suspicious if they see us with Sunset. Worse, they might think we’re friends.”

“Let’s just leave her at the nurse’s office,” suggested Twilight. The two of them found a door with a red cross on it. Below was the name Nurse Redheart.

“Strange,” Twilight observed. “I would say that this is a coincidence, but we are in a parallel universe. There’s no telling who we might run into.”

They opened the door and went inside. The nurse turned out to be a pale woman with pink hair, a close match for the pony of the same name.

“She might have a concussion,” Trixie said, indicating Sunset.

Nurse Redheart got up from her desk with frown. “Shame. I was hoping it was someone I’d actually enjoy treating. Oh well, let’s get her on a bed. Hippocratic Oath and all.”

“What’s going on?” asked another woman, sticking her head in. From her appearance, Trixie immediately knew that it must be Princess Celestia, or whatever her equivalent here was. Judging by the look on Twilight’s face, the same thought must have occurred to her.

“Sunset Shimmer is hurt, and these two girls brought her here,” Nurse Redheart explained.

Celestia came in and put out her hand. “You must be new students. I’m Principal Celestia.”

Trixie and Twilight each shook her hand in turn, introducing themselves. Celestia gestured for them to follow. “Step into my office. You’ll need to do some new student paperwork.”

The three of them went next door to the principal’s office. Twilight stopped short as she stepped in. Her tiara rested on the shelf behind Celestia’s desk.

“That’s mine!” Twilight blurted. “I’m so glad you found it.”

Celestia frowned. “A splendid crown like that must be worth quite a lot. I’m sorry, but unless you can prove that it belongs to you, I can’t just let you have it. And don’t think that I’m keeping it for myself. I’ve already decided that it will be the prize for Princess of the Fall Formal.”

“But…but…” Twilight sputtered.

“Just a minute,” Trixie said to Celestia. “I need to talk to her.” She pushed Twilight out the door.

Twilight sighed and leaned against the wall. “We’re so close! I can’t think of anything that would help. I knew I should have taken Rarity’s suggestion and had it engraved with my name.”

“We could…take it from her by force,” Trixie offered.

“It’s pretty clear that Valiant’s been rubbing off on you if things like that are what you’re coming up with for solutions.” Twilight glanced away and heaved a sigh. “And it’s pretty clear that he’s been rubbing off on me if I didn’t immediately reject the idea.”

“Maybe this isn’t a good time to talk about it, but you seem to be different after the alicorn drama,” Trixie observed.

Twilight considered that for a moment and then nodded. “You’re right; it’s not a good time.”

That wasn’t what Trixie expected her to say, but she dutifully followed Twilight back into the office to finish their new student paperwork. It took a few minutes to get it all filled out, using their real names so that "Starburst" and "Valiantia" that they had told Sunset wouldn't get them in trouble when she woke up. Celestia collected their forms when they were finished and told them where to find their first class. Twilight bid her goodbye and took one last look at the golden crown before leaving the office.

Trixie walked beside Twilight out into the hallway. “So what’s the plan?”

“I’m going to win the title of Princess of the Fall Formal, get the Element of Magic back, and then we go home.”

“It’s your first day at a new school, you don’t know anyone, and very soon you need to be voted the most popular girl in school. If this doesn’t work out, Equestria will never have a complete set of Elements of Harmony again. This is a challenge with high stakes, to say the least.”

Twilight groaned. “Don’t remind me. That makes it sound so much more difficult. I’m going to need all the help I can get.”

A sudden idea came to Trixie and she grinned and bumped Twilight’s arm. “I’ll get you some help. Great and Powerful help.”