• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,897 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,897

Chapter 29

As Trixie fell through the atmosphere, it became pretty clear that she was going to hit the ground very hard. This was troubling, but she was having a hard time concentrating. Nearly exhausted from outputting so much magic, there wasn’t much she would be able to do anyway.

She hoped that Starburst was dead. It would best for everypony, really. However, after being practically rejuvenated by the hydrogen explosion, Starburst might not go down so easily. Trixie had given it her best shot, and that might not have been enough.

Which is not to say her best shot wasn’t terrifyingly powerful. Trixie had surprised herself by how much raw magic she’d been able to draw from within herself. After all, it took a lot of energy to send both herself and Starburst flying so far and fast.

Trixie twisted in midair, surprised to see the ocean she'd been flying over giving way to green land. Had she really soared all the way from Germaneigh to…wherever she was now?

Her extended body trailed behind her. Trixie thought that maybe if she spread her eight legs and used her cape as a parachute she might lose enough airspeed that landing would only hurt a lot, instead of incredibly much.

Just as she was getting into position, a spot of yellow showed itself from the ground. Trixie saw it rising up to meet her, realizing it was a pegasus – Fluttershy.

While the timid yellow mare was not very fast, she was able to put herself on an interception course with Trixie, colliding hard but managing to hang on while the airspeed dropped off, using a combination of her wings and Trixie’s cape for drag. The two of them descended to the ground, landing softly.

“Oh my, what happened to you, Trixie?” Fluttershy asked.

“Long story,” Trixie muttered. “But I’m so thankful you were here to catch me. What are you doing here, anyway?”

“Well, I was shoveling coal aboard that ship, but then it sank. I got offered another job here in Scoltland. When an airship departing from Germaneigh arrived, they would pick me up.”

Trixie tried to decide whether to tell Fluttershy that her new job might not be coming after all, or if that would require too much explanation, what with the incident involving Starburst complicating things. However, the question was answered for her when Trixie's head began to swim as exhaustion caught up with her. Trixie lay back, slowly losing consciousness.

While she was asleep, there was some jostling and moving around. Trixie didn’t care. She continued to rest.

It was more than a day later when Trixie opened her eyes. She appeared to be on a bed in a small hotel room. Her hat, cape, and weapons were stacked neatly nearby. Fluttershy’s saddlebags were also there.

Trixie sat up, feeling magically sore. It was not the same thing as physical pain, but it let her know that she’d overtaxed her magical ability, just like if she’d worked her muscles hard.

Happily, under Fluttershy’s care, she’d reverted to four legs. Fluttershy hadn’t even seemed very freaked out about it. Granted, as a caregiver, she was probably used to strange medical conditions. As the Element of Kindness, she was also responsible for rendering aid, no matter how freaky things might get.

Fluttershy came in as Trixie was getting out of bed. “Good to see you awake.”

Trixie nodded. “Thank you.”

Fluttershy came over and helped her up. “I just got a telegram for you. It’s from somepony named Starburst.”

Trixie snatched the piece of paper she held and read it. Like any telegram, it was written with economy in mind and was slightly hard to decipher.

Trixie,

Have not seen the last of me STOP Got to Equestria with push from you STOP Feeling fine, lots of your magic keeping me regenerated STOP Bet you wonder how I knew where to find you STOP Hello-my name is Starburst-space and physics comes easy and calculating your trajectory was not difficult STOP Ha ha ha STOP Equestria will feel my wrath, right after I kill telegram writer and

The message abruptly terminated there.

“That doesn’t sound good,” Fluttershy observed.

“We need to get back home and end this.” Trixie quickly began gearing up. “Where are we? How do we get back across the ocean?

“Well, you flew kind of far inland,” Fluttershy replied. “It sounds like there won’t be any more airship flights, so we’ll need to take a train to the seaport.”

Trixie nodded. “Let’s go.”

They left the hotel and found the train station. Trixie was worried about what Starburst might do now that she seemed to be less an idiot and more an evil genius. They had to get back to Equestria and stop her.

She and Fluttershy waited for the train. A few minutes passed. Nothing happened. Trixie sighed in boredom. “So Fluttershy, why were you traveling around? Is it because of Pinkie?”

All of Ponyville knew Pinkie Pie loved Fluttershy and also knew that Fluttershy didn’t love Pinkie in return. Pinkie herself was the only one who remained blissfully unaware, and Fluttershy was too timid to say otherwise.

Fluttershy nodded in response to Trixie’s question. “After our wedding plans were repeatedly canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, we decided to take a little break. Pinkie was concerned that maybe fate was intervening on purpose.”

Trixie nodded. “I’m sorry if I’m dragging you back to that.”

“Oh, it’s no trouble.” Fluttershy looked away, a little pink in her cheeks. “While I might not appreciate Pinkie’s affection, I guess I’m flattered that somepony likes me.”

“Hold on, didn’t you used to be a model? I’m sure there are lots of ponies out there who would love to be with you.”

Fluttershy frowned. “But that would break Pinkie’s heart if I broke up with her.”

“Wait, you don’t love her yet you’re worried about breaking up? And if the plans had actually worked out you would have gotten married to a mare you don’t have the slightest attraction to?”

Fluttershy ducked her head. “We all have our problems.”

Trixie let out a breath. “You’re right. I’m sorry.”

They went back to waiting on the train in silence. Trixie considered the conversation. It was true what Fluttershy had said. Trixie’s problem was that she was afraid of who she was.

Trixie had done very bad things before being reformed. She may have even been evil. For example, the entire town of Ponyville had been held hostage under the dome she’d created while wearing the Alicorn Amulet.

And putting things in perspective, that was a lot worse than occasionally turning into an eight-legged freak. Trixie sighed and sat back. Maybe she wasn’t so bad after all.