• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,874 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,874

Chapter 12

The news that Starburst was in town did not sit well with Trixie. The Crusaders wanted her to join them in the town square, but she paused at the library to take the last dose of her medicine. Trixie would have to see Zecora soon to get more.

Looking around the library, she considered the things that she owned and ultimately decided not to take any of them. Starburst did not seem to be that big of a threat despite her persistence. In addition, Trixie decided that bringing a machine gun to a crowded city square was probably not safe.

Fortified with anti-radiation drugs and unarmed except for her own magic, Trixie might not have been as prepared as possible. Maybe being in Ponyville made her overconfident. Trixie shook her head. As long as she recognized the problems she was about to face and if Starburst was as nuts as before, everything would be fine.

Going with the Crusaders to the square, Trixie found Starburst positioned in front of the town hall. It looked as if she was trying to sell cookies, but most potential customers were turned away by her harsh attitude and failure to grasp basic necessities of showmareship. It was more about technique than brute force. Of course a screwup amateur like Starburst wouldn’t know that.

That didn’t appear to phase the grey mare, however. The pink and orange cloak she wore must have contributed to a lot of extra warmth, as her multicolored mane was slicked with sweat while she enthusiastically screamed at local ponies to buy cookies. There was now a tattoo on the other side of her face where Iron Will had slapped her. It did not match the one that she had gotten previously.

Starburst heard the robot the three fillies piloted and swung her eyes in that direction, her gaze landing on Trixie first. “Aha! I knew you’d show up!”

“I live here,” Trixie deadpanned. “What’s your excuse?”

Starburst started to answer but Trixie interrupted her. “And don’t start off with this idea of claiming show biz territory. I told you that you could have it because I’m out of the game now, so you’re either crazy or after something else.”

Well,” Starburst sniffed. “Somepony got up on the wrong side of the haystack this morning.”

Trixie took a step forward. “You’ve been following me all around the country and possibly perpetrated several crimes just because you wanted something from me that all you had to do was take. If that sounds complicated, it’s because it is. You made it that way.”

“Well, we can still end this here and now.” Starburst took a little bit wider stance. “Let’s have a magic duel.”

Most of the townsponies screamed and ran. Starburst looked around, confused. Trixie set her jaw with irritation. The last thing she needed was to tarnish the image she had rebuilt after the age spells. Still, if it would get Starburst to leave her alone.

The two mares faced each other across the empty town square. The wind begin to blow, scattering a few tumbleweeds across their path. Trixie wondered why the Crusaders were working with those, especially so near where a magic battle was about to take place, but dismissed it as unimportant.

Starburst’s horn began to glow. Trixie began to charge her magic as well. She wasn’t yet sure how she would handle the situation. Just blowing Starburst away would be satisfying, but Trixie wasn’t sure that would be best for everypony. The town janitor might not like cleaning up bits of pony from the street. Alternately, Trixie could lose the duel on purpose and send Starburst on her way. Hopefully that would work, too.

“One more thing!” called Starburst. “After I win, you are going to tell me where I can find the—”

CRASH! A large flaming cylinder of metal fell into the street between them. The paint on the exterior was beginning to burn away, but Trixie saw familiar markings. This booster rocket property of Valiantco® Industries.

It was a piece of the rocket Valiant had taken off in. Trixie was so surprised that several seconds passed before she realized that Starburst was nowhere to be seen. The other mare must have been scared away by a large piece of space junk slamming down in the street.

Trixie shrugged. Well, if her disappearance put off the whole magic duel thing for a few more days, that was fine. Actually, the mere mention of “magic duel” had effectively cleared the street so nopony was crushed by the old booster. Casting a bubble around the debris to block air, Trixie smothered the flames. Slowly, the residents of Ponyville began to reemerge from wherever they had hidden.

Guinness appeared, staring with wonder at the partial rocket. “Whoa, is this part of Valiant’s spacecraft? I can’t think of anything else in Equestria it could be.”

Trixie confirmed his question with a nod. “As far as I understand orbital mechanics, this must have been in space for a while before falling back through the atmosphere. Earth, where this was designed, has different gravity and planet structure due to the fact that the sun and moon actually have to move on their own. That’s why this thing didn’t burn up completely on reentry.”

Guinness shrugged as if he mostly but not completely understood. Then he frowned. “Wait, didn’t Valiant leave a couple of weeks ago? How long did he plan to be gone? Did he take that many supplies?”

Trixie had considered such an idea before, but refused to think about it in terms like that. She shrugged and turned back to the booster, intending to get it out of the street. It was still warm and even empty of fuel it was quite heavy, but she managed to lift it with magic and carry it slowly back to the yard beside the library.

While she walked, Trixie considered Starburst’s words. Had the supposedly up-and-coming showmare wanted something else? The crash of the rocket reentry had cut off her sentence. Well, whatever it was, Trixie resigned herself that Starburst would eventually find her again. Hopefully in a nice quiet place outside Ponyville. When Trixie was in a bad mood. And fully armed.

At least all the cookies Starburst had been trying to sell were left behind.