• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,913 Views, 432 Comments

The Adventures of Trixie if Her Father Was a Badass Alien - totallynotabrony



After some irresponsible age spells, radiation exposure, and adoption, Trixie is...changed. Rated M for machine gun.

  • ...
10
 432
 6,913

Chapter 18

Trixie closed the laboratory door and stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do. The door hadn’t been locked and the room was positioned next to the stairs. It wasn’t super high security.

However, the Princesses had indicated that whatever happened to Twilight in the past few weeks was something they either knew nothing about or claimed not to.

After pondering for a little while longer, Trixie decided to confront them. At the least, they would be happy that Twilight had been located. Or, they might be displeased that some sort of secret project had been discovered. Either way, Trixie had nothing better to do that afternoon.

She trudged up the stairs and returned to the meeting room. The two Princesses had cleared out, but Trixie found a royal page to track them down. Both alicorns returned to the room shortly, showing a mixture of curiosity and annoyance.

“Twilight’s inside some sort of wicked science project gone wrong down in the dungeon.”

Both Princesses looked surprised. “Goodness, what’s she doing down there?” Luna asked. Celestia said nothing, but shades of suspicion began to creep across her face.

“Why don’t we go take a look?” suggested Trixie. She led the Princesses out of the room, walking down the stairs instead of riding so that they could keep up.

The three of them entered the room in the dungeon. Trixie carefully judged the reaction of both Princesses. They each looked somewhat taken aback.

“Goodness gracious,” murmured Luna.

Celestia said nothing, a shocked look still on her face. The expression slowly began to migrate towards understanding. “Twilight said she was working on something…”

“What could it possibly be?” asked Trixie.

Celestia looked like she wanted to reply, but either wasn’t confident in her answer or was afraid of something. Ignoring her sister’s hesitation, Luna said, “Well, why don’t we ask her?”

“I wonder how we could get her out of there,” Trixie mused, staring at the tank where Twilight was currently submerged.

“You’re more knowledgeable about these technological things,” said Celestia, speaking up.

Trixie nodded at her encouragement and moved forward, scanning a workbench filled with small pieces of equipment and copious notes in what she recognized as Twilight’s distinctive style. She was unable to determine what the equipment was for, but did find a schematic for its shutdown procedure.

With a little tinkering, Trixie was able to start a pump that began to empty the tank of liquid. With telekinesis, Trixie and the two Princesses got Twilight out and removed the various wires and tubes from her body. After a few tentative pokes to wake her, Twilight’s eyes slid open.

She looked around for a moment, appearing slightly disoriented and confused. “What’s the date?”

Celestia told her. “Hmm,” Twilight mused. “Well, that could have gone better, but if you got me out then there’s probably something important going on.”

Her eyes widened. “Is there something important going on? Do you need me to join up with the Elements of Harmony and save Equestria again?”

“No, nothing like that,” Celestia assured her. “We were just worried about you. We didn’t know where you had gone.”

An embarrassed flush crept over Twilight’s face. “I, uh, guess I was so caught up in my work that I forgot to tell anypony.”

“What were you doing?” Luna asked.

Twilight sat up, rubbing the back of her head. She muttered, “It was an immortality experiment.”

“But…I thought you didn’t want to be an alicorn?” Celestia asked.

“I don’t, or at least not right now! That’s a lot of responsibility and I don’t think I’m ready yet. Not only would I be doing Equestria a disservice as a sub-par leader, but there’s so much I still have to do with my life. Above all, I don’t think I could just leave my friends like that. After seeing how quickly and easily things could change, I realized that I had been taking them for granted. Just…please give me a while longer, Princess.”

Celestia nodded. “I hadn’t considered things that way. Although, you are a natural leader. I’m sure you would be fine in that regard. I can see this is mostly about your fellow Elements of Harmony.”

Twilight looked conflicted. “They’re more than that, obviously. They’re my friends. And after that incident with the visitors from Valiant’s world, the creators, I realized that I was taking too many things like that for granted. Actually, after meeting Valiant I realized I was taking too many things for granted, period.”

“I can’t blame you,” said Trixie.

Celestia considered everything Twilight had said. “How about I help you with both issues? Luna, Cadance, and I are holding a Princess Summit in the Crystal Empire soon. This will help ease you into a role as a Princess in the future. I’ll also invite all your friends so you can enjoy each other’s company.”

Twilight brightened. “That sounds great.”

Trixie was invited to go along, mostly because she was standing there and because Twilight asked nicely. The two of them did make good study buddies. Twilight had the knowledge and Trixie had ways to keep her friend from freaking out about the small things.

As they boarded the train for the Crystal Empire, Trixie asked, “So what was the immortality thing for?”

Twilight frowned. “Well, I suppose it has a lot of uses. The experiment I was doing was just temporary stasis, to study the effects. Getting some sort of spell or potion to let a pony go about their life without ageing forever will take quite a bit more research. The stasis experiment was effectively just doing research just to know what kind of research I’ll need to begin researching my ultimate goal.”

“But look at the bright side,” Trixie pointed out. “That’s only three levels deep.”


The train arrived in the Chrystal Empire soon enough. The other Elements of Harmony would arrive from Ponyville not much later.

After the attack involving Post Haste the angry artificial alicorn, the Empire had some rebuilding to do. There were bedrooms available, however, and Trixie and Twilight dropped their things off. Trixie wrapped her M60 in her cloak and left her skateboard. She went with Twilight to meet the Princesses.

The meeting was actually kind of boring and Trixie suspected that Twilight thought so, too. They were spared more of the same by the arrival of the other Element Bearers. There was a rather nice party and dinner and then everypony went off to get some sleep. As an unexpected guest, Trixie got put up in an awkward bed crammed into a small room next to a mirror.

Twilight offered for her to sleep in the same bed. “I mean, I’m not a Princess yet, so there’s no wings to get in the way.” She laughed nervously. “I don’t even know how uncomfortable I would be trying to sleep with them anyway.”

“It’s okay,” Trixie declined. “But thank you for the offer.”

Trixie settled in to bed. Despite being a second choice, it was still royal quality and she was asleep in minutes. However, hours later, the sound of the door to the room being roughly opened brought her awake. A mare in a cloak looked up sharply, as if not expecting to see Trixie there. She was an orange unicorn with red and yellow stripes in her mane. She was also carrying the Element of Magic in her saddlebag.

Based on the intruder’s surprise, Trixie decided that she was probably an unwelcome guest. Also, she was probably a thief.

Both of them fired a bolt of magic at the same time, the spells meeting head on and negating. The other pony leaped sideways, towards the mirror.

“Twilight, get in here right now!” Trixie shouted. She lined up for another spell, but to her surprise the other pony stepped through the surface of the mirror and disappeared.

Trixie was still gaping in astonishment when Twilight showed up, panting. “What is it, Trixie?”

“Somepony just stole your crown.”

“What? Oh Trixie, I’m not a Princess yet. I don’t even have a figurative crown. Why, I…” Twilight trailed off, her eyes indicating that she was remembering what her bedroom looked like before leaving and the fact that the Element of Magic wasn’t there. “Oh buck, that crown!”

“Since when do you swear?” asked Trixie.

“Since the Element of Magic goes missing!”

By this time, everypony in the castle was awake and crowding into the room. Trixie explained who and what she had seen. Princess Celestia put on a grim face. “That must be Sunset Shimmer, a former student of mine. This magic mirror is a portal to another dimension and she escaped through it.”

“What are we going to do?” asked Twilight.

“You need to go through the mirror and figure out how to get it back,” replied Cadance. “Without the Element of Magic, the others are useless. Be careful, however. You only have three days to get it back or the portal will close.”

“I’ll go with her,” said Trixie. “I do know something about portals.” Truthfully, she felt a little guilty about letting Sunset Shimmer escape.

“The mirror only allows one pony to go through at a time,” said Celestia.

“It only allows one Princess through at a time,” said Luna. “Perhaps two other ponies would be feasible.”

With that, preparation took only a matter of minutes. Twilight packed a saddlebag of emergency equipment. Trixie picked up her bundled machine gun.

Spike looked worried, but when he saw that Trixie was going along, and loaded for bear at that, he appeared satisfied.

Twilight and Trixie stepped through the mirror, each of them tumbling out onto the ground in the bright sunshine. After a moment to get oriented, both of them sat up.

“Huh, we’re people,” commented Trixie.

“Strangely colored ones, but you’re right,” agreed Twilight. “You know, I never thought I would thank Valiant for anything, but I’m glad that I already know how to walk on two legs.”

Trixie nodded, accepting the complement on her father’s behalf. You could learn a lot by going to strange dimensions. She reviewed what she remembered about people in her head. No magic, bipedal, fingers, clothing taboo.

The two of them got up. They had appeared next to a statue of a horse. A building was nearby, with Canterlot High School written over the door.

Also nearby were a crowd of people. One that looked suspiciously like Sunset Shimmer was among them, apparently searching for something. Frustration was clear on her face.

Trixie pointed her out. She and Twilight started to move as Sunset departed the group, stalking away in anger. She headed around the side of the building. Following her, Twilight and Trixie found themselves alone with their adversary.

Sunset turned. “Who are you? New kids at school?”

“Something like that,” Twilight agreed, not knowing what else to say.

“Hmm.” Sunset put on a smile that had a layer of friendliness only on the surface like a coat of paint. She stopped after walking closer. “I’m Sunset Shimmer, crowned Princess of the Fall Formal multiple times.”

“This is Starburst,” said Trixie, pointing at Twilight. It was unfortunately the first name that came to mind.

“And this is, ah, Valiantia,” said Twilight, hastily. She gave Trixie an I’m sorry look.

Sunset’s eyes went to the bundle Trixie carried that was wrapped in a purple cape. “What’s that?”

“Just my little friend.” In the next breath, Trixie hit Sunset in the face with the butt of her machine gun. The pony-turned-girl hit the ground, out cold.

Trixie grabbed Sunset by the hair and lifted her head away from the ground in preparation to drag her. “Okay, let’s take her back through the mirror.”

“But wait, where’s the Element of Magic?” asked Twilight.

“Oh. Right.” Trixie grinned sheepishly and let go of Sunset, the unconscious girl’s face hitting the ground. “Yes, we should probably find that first.”