• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 7,392 Views, 2,810 Comments

The Potion Shop - Ashfur



There's a secluded potion shop in a small little town. Its owner is... eccentric.

  • ...
12
 2,810
 7,392

PreviousChapters Next
Memo to the trade exchange vendors

Hello and welcome, trader, to the wonderful town of Rainbow falls! We are delighted to receive your RSVP and your spot in the annual trade exchange this spring has been confirmed. Attached to this letter, you will find a map of the expected trade exchange bazaar as well as which stall you will be running.

While the trade exchange is going on, there are a few extra rules beyond the normal ones that the town operates on. For starters, modern currency of any kind is not allowed to be used for trades. Antique coins are allowed. Any trade must be agreed upon as fair by both parties, and disputes are to be handled by the attending princess.

Most importantly, though, if you plan to wear a lab coat for any reason to the event, (with one exception. You know who you are, Arca) you must apply at town hall for a ‘Not Arca’ tag so that there is no confusion. See the photo of the stallion attached? That is Arcane Catalyst, a resident of Rainbow Falls never seen without his lab coat. As he has accidentally circumvented rules in the past, anypony assumed to be Mr. Catalyst may be asked to prove they are not in disguise to prevent any shenanigans.

Arca, I've attached the extra rules. Please read them, and also put in an order for 50 healing potions for city hall. Bill the town, not me this time! -Silver

-Arca may not trade or receive any of the following objects. Doing so results in the trade being automatically null and void and a fine put on Arca's running tab. Arca may not trade:
Unmarked potions, mismarked potions, anything relating to the Power Ponies franchise, potatoes, potahtoes, tomatoes, tomahtoes, I.O.U.s, U.O.Me.s, favors, low-velocity explosives high-velocity explosives ANY explosives, any alcohol, juniper berries, the pony known as Juniper Berry, any of Juniper's trading supplies, rainbow fluid, Rainbow Falls (how did he even manage that?), anything that Arca cannot identify, The Duck, mystery boxes, the sofa couch cushions fort, live animals, dead animals, UNdead animals, any animal in a quantum state of alive and dead (again, HOW), and the acting princess's ceremonial throne, regardless of how funny Celestia thought it was to have to do the exchange on an old barstool. Also, barstools.
-Fake mustaches are NOT disguises, especially if they still have the tag hanging off of them. Then it's just insulting to the guards.
-Arca may not partake in any carnival games involving darts any sharp object.
-"A foal double dog dared me to” is not a valid excuse for pouring twenty gallons of liquid sugar into a cotton candy machine. The park is still sticky in some spots.
-It is also not a valid excuse to do any morally questionable activity.
-Or any activity.
-Putting a whoopee cushion on Mayor Silver's chair at the banquet was funny exactly once, please do not try again.
-Not allowed to put anything on Mayor Silver's chair at the banquet ever
-No playing with the ‘test your magic power’ game. Not even if the stuffed animal prizes ‘call to you’.
-No playing the ‘test your might’ game without at least 5 magic suppressing rings active.
-Offering ‘your strongest potion’ to any adventurers heading into battle requires a permit for causing natural disasters. (Why Arca has one, I'll never know)
-Do not try to pluck the feathers off the princess tourists birds at the exchange anything for potion ingredients any reason.
-Even if I ask nicely?
-No, and Arca may not edit THIS list, either.
-Not allowed to dare any performer to ‘amp up their act’ and then suggest a more dangerous variation. Especially if Arca can't do it himself.
-The following are not considered projectile or melee weapons against thieves during the exchange, or ever:
Paper airplanes, trade merchandise, potions, explosives, the entire couch cushion fort, a llama, two llamas, ANY amount of llamas other than zero, food, bits (that just encourages them), anything from any carnival game involving sharp objects, Mayor Silver, sticks, stones, mean words written on a crumpled up piece of paper, the cheese, Arcane Catalyst, town hall, Arca’s homemade pizza (we don't want to torture anypony, for Celestia's sake), the severed leg of that giant spider, Juniper Berry ANY berry, especially the pony, the physical manifestation of Arca's dignity (as it doesn't exist, it wouldn't do anything anyway), lasers, lazers, MOAR LAZORS, sick dance moves, frozen peas, anything preceded by “I've got an idea!” or any variant of said phrase, stress balls, Arca's ADHD medicine (yes, it is heavy enough, but he needs that, even if he claims otherwise), the princess any royal STOP THROWING PONIES, ARCA!

Author's Note:

"How do you even get your hooves on these lists, Arca?"

"Oh, I'm on the committee. And the city counsel as an honorary member."

"And who put you on those?"

"I dunno, it's been a while."

PreviousChapters Next