• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 7,400 Views, 2,810 Comments

The Potion Shop - Ashfur



There's a secluded potion shop in a small little town. Its owner is... eccentric.

  • ...
12
 2,810
 7,400

PreviousChapters Next
Baby, you're a firework

Arcane Catalyst was having a bit of a busy day. Razzle was back in town, and while he still didn't understand why saving her life multiple times made her interested in him, she was still a good friend when she wasn't trying anything crazy.

That was his job, after all.

But, but! He'd misplaced the letter she'd sent with a note on which train she'd be arriving on. So naturally the only solution was to sit at the train station. All day. And wait.

"...and then we get rid of her for good with this."

Arca's ears perked up. Someone was talking under the train platform! Finally, something interesting.

"Are you sure we can kill her with this much? We don't know how strong demon ponies are."

"It'll be enough, trust me. This much will send that whorse back to tartarus. Now help me move this crate. Razzle Dazzle won't live to see the- urk-"

Arca narrowed his eyes, having heard more than enough to cast a spell to freeze both ponies in place, along with a third who hadn't spoken yet. He warped in under the floorboards, glaring at the three ponies with an intensity most would never see from the usually whimsical, aloof potion maker. "For the record, even if you did 'kill' her, she'd just end up back in Tartarus and find her way out. Secondly…" His horn lit, warping the ponies to the Canterlot dungeons along with a note to Celestia explaining the situation. "...no hurting my friends."

Arca let out a sigh. Why would anypony be so mean? He hoped Celestia might understand, as he just couldn't think of a reason why anypony would want to harm Razzle. What would be next, ponies thinking timberwolves were dangerous? He turned around and came face to face with a large wooden crate. "Now, what have we here…" the alchemist squinted to read the writing on the crate in the darkness under the platform. "...high velocity explosives? So these things go really fast, then explode?"

"AWESOME! Celestia never lets me play with fireworks! I should go set these up!"


On a normal day, the Rainbow Falls Luxury Spa was somewhat quiet. Yes, they had treatments nowhere else had thanks to the rainbow liquid the town was famous for, but as a fairly out-of-the-way town, most clients were locals seeking relief from the tediums of day to day life, relaxation from sore muscles, or a long soak in the hot tub to forget whatever nonsense a certain resident caused on a near-weekly basis. Today, however, was not a normal day. Today, instead, the spa was booked solid and news reporters were swarming outside. After all, one of the world's most famous supermodels, the Razzle Dazzle, was having a spa day there today.

For the few not in the know, Razzle was, and still is, on the cover of several fashion magazines a month. A supermodel among supermodels, her light blue, almost white coat fell perfectly in line with her purple-and-orange mane and tail. But for the last few months, her popularity had soared: after a few loose-lipped aides (who were promptly fired, mind you) had blabbed, the whole world knew that her beauty was a bit more supernatural than many once thought. While the princesses had smoothed over the worst of it with some well-timed statements, Razzle Dazzle, or as she was once called, Jezebel, was the last known succupony, a race of love demons from the depths of Tartarus who were the ancestors to the changelings. In truth, the news made her even more desirable, and she was swatting down proposals and fans who had read one too many wish-fulfillment love stories left, right, and center.

After all, she had already given her heart and soul to another, and that was the only stallion for her. Razzle closed her eyes as she sunk deeper into the hot tub full of rainbow liquid, wondering what that undeniably wonderful, attractive, one-of-a-kind dreamboat of hers was doing right now…


On a hill outside of town, Arca had quietly set up the crate full of fireworks he'd found. This was going to be amazing! He loved fireworks, and so rarely got to see them. That being said, he was surprised he'd managed to get this crate all the way out of town without a guard at least lecturing him about safety. They must have been busy with whatever was going on at the spa right now. Still, a few minutes to launch these fireworks, and then Arca could get back to waiting for Razzle to show up! Lighting the fuse, he could only think about how much fun this was going to be, and how smart he was.

And the fuse kept burning, into the crate, and nothing happened.

"Wait, what? Nonono, there's no way it's a dud!" Arca galloped over and pried the lid off the crate, looking at the smoke from the fuse burning somewhere deep inside the pile of fireworks. He still didn't understand why they didn't look like fireworks, maybe it was a new model?

"Come on! Launch! There's supposed to be a big kaboom, and then a colorful explosion! WHERE IS MY BIG KA-"


Boom

Razzle Dazzle shot up in the rainbow hot tub, suddenly alert. What was that noise? It sounded like a distant explosion.

"Miss Dazzle! Miss Dazzle! I'm Front Page, a reporter for Vague magazine. We've heard rumors you took a part-time job at a potion shop here in Rainbow Falls. Care to tell us why? Is the celebrity life getting too hard for you?"

Razzle turned and glared at the reporter pony with all the anger she could muster. Not only was that a ridiculously insulting question, but she had specifically requested her bodyguards to ensure she was not disturbed! "Listen up, you. I don't know how you got in here, but you'd better get out of here before I get mad."

"But the public wants to know!"

Razzle growled at the stallion, her fangs visible for a half second. "I. Am. Trying. To. Relax. Now get out before I force you out myself."

"You wouldn't dare!"

Razzle's ears perked up. There was another sound, and it was getting louder. It almost sounded like-

Ah.

"...You are right, Mr. Front Page. I wouldn't dare. But you may want to back up a few steps regardless."

"...why?"

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
CRASH

Outside, it suddenly became very easy to tell who was from out of town. Not a single resident of Rainbow Falls so much as flinched when a pony-sized fireball was launched from across town and crashed through the roof of the spa, yelling as though it was enjoying itself. Every out-of-towner ran in terror.

Inside, Razzle lowered the pre-emptive shield spell she had cast to avoid debris. Stepping over a few ruined boards, she approached where Arca had landed with a rather sickening thud moments before. Picking the soot-covered, semi-dazed pony up, she gave him a big hug for helping her escape that nosy reporter. "My hero."

"Ah'm a pretty pretty firewerk…" Arca stammered out, still dizzy from the impact.

"My pretty pretty firework." And she kissed him on the lips, gently but with an obvious passion.

That snapped Arca back to reality. "OH SWEET CELESTIA, YOU GAVE ME THE COOTIES!"

Author's Note:

What is it with Arca getting launched lately? Poor guy needs a break... is probably what I'd say if he actually got injured from any stunts he pulls.

He doesn't.

PreviousChapters Next