• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 7,378 Views, 2,810 Comments

The Potion Shop - Ashfur



There's a secluded potion shop in a small little town. Its owner is... eccentric.

  • ...
12
 2,810
 7,378

PreviousChapters Next
Q

"...Which leads into a contradiction with Starswirl's Fifth Theorem on Thaumaturgical Leylines. Since the maximum mana threshold can only be so high at a given time, the astrological event could potentially undermine—"

Across the room from Twilight, a mismatched pile of various creature parts groaned. "Twilight, as happy as I am to spend time with you normally, you've bored me to pieces here. You could not be less interesting to listen to if you tried."

Twilight let out a sigh, moving away from her chalkboard and over to her friend. "Look, I'm sorry, but you're the only one who was around the last time this happened, Discord. I just want to make sure that we don't need to take precautions."

"But it's so dull. Honestly, Sprinkles, I would rather be doing anything else right now."

The conversation between the two was suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door of the classroom they were in. Twilight found it odd, not many ponies were around the School of Friendship on the weekends, so it was probably somepony looking for her.

"Aha!" Discord's various parts sprung into the air and reassembled themselves on the draconequus. "Finally, something more interesting! I'll get it," he practically sang as he spiraled through the air to the door.

"Discord! Don't scare whoever's at the door, please!"

"Nonsense! I won't scare them! Much." With a grin, he flung the door open confidently. "Bon… jour. Oh no."

Arca looked up at Discord. Discord looked back down at Arca. A big grin manifested on Arca's face as he gasped.

"FUNNY-COLORED NOODLE DRAGON!"

Arca raised his hooves in greeting only to have the door unceremoniously slammed in his face. Of course, that did very little, as his head and hooves connecting with the door left a massive hole in it. "I missed you!"

"NOPE!" Discord immediately plucked his antler off like a lego piece, tossing it through the hole and down the hall. It proceeded to grow tiny legs and scamper off.

Arca didn't hesitate even for a second. "RARE INGREDIENT!" Within moments the stallion was out of sight, galloping after the prize. Discord snapped his talons, immediately replacing the broken door with a giant container of mayonaise wedged firmly in the wall.

"Miss Sparkle, I apologize." He quickly sat back down, at full attention. "I suddenly have a pressing interest in being in this room for the next several hours. Perhaps you'd like to give a lecture on the complete history of Chess? Or list every possible hand in a game of Poker in alphabetical order?"

Twilight tilted her head to the side. "Discord… do… do you know Arcane?"

Discord let out a groan. "Urgh, yes. What in the world is he even doing here? One moment." With a single swift movement, he pulled a book out of thin air. The title read The Potion Shop, by an Ashen Brightfur. His eyes scanned the cover, after that, he turned it around and looked over the back of the book, then threw it out the window, where it promptly turned into a flock of origami cranes and flew away. "There, read it cover to cover. So the mad lad actually got wings, hm? Great, more ways to make my life difficult. Still, the author should have handled Emerald Essence's final appearance better."

"Emerald who?" Asked Arca.

Discord's eyes bulged cartoonishly out of their sockets, both opening like mouths and screaming in surprise for a half second. "How did you get in?"

Arca shrugged. "Well, I chased your antler into the kitchen, but it locked itself in the freezer. And I was all like, 'I'm upset that it's frozen in there and I'm out here. And that it's an ingredient, and that I'm frozen out here, and that I'm in there,' and then I remembered I wasn't in there, but I still couldn't find the antler, so I got upset. And then I saw a talking wolf. So I fired at him. And I missed. And the wolf said it was a funny reference, and gave me a popsicle, and then I passed out and dreamed that I was firing at something, and I missed. And then I woke up outside this room and realized that you made the door a jar, and if the door is ajar that means I can open it, so I walked in."

Discord facepalmed. "Did you really just accidentally make two references that don't even exist in this reality… urgh. This is why I don't like hanging out with you. I worked hard on keeping you out and your nonsense logic got you back in!"

Arca shrugged. "I am led to believe the proper response the foals are saying these days is, 'Git gud'."

"Get out."

"I can't, there's a jar of mayonnaise blocking the door."

"OUT!" Discord angrily snapped his talons, and a painting of Rainbow Falls appeared before he shoved Arca into it. Twilight swore she could hear a musical jingle and a distant 'Let's-a-go' from somewhere, but before she could ask what was going on a timberwolf jumped through the window and into the painting after its owner just before the painting vanished.

Twilight was already drinking the headache prevention potion that Celestia had recommended she always have spares of. "So. You know Arca."

"Are you going to keep asking until I tell you?"

"Yes."

Discord let out a sigh. "Then, in the interest of reading fan theories about how we met, I'll see you next chapter."

"What chapter?"

"I wasn't talking to you, Twilight."

Author's Note:

I'm howling at the moon. And it's summer, so I'll take a nap this afternoon.

"Please stop, Ash. It's bad enough you made a cameo in your own story during this chapter, I don't need you meme-ing it up in the author's notes."

Oh come on, Doscord. Your chapters are the only time I can crack the 4th wall!

PreviousChapters Next