• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 7,388 Views, 2,810 Comments

The Potion Shop - Ashfur



There's a secluded potion shop in a small little town. Its owner is... eccentric.

  • ...
12
 2,810
 7,388

PreviousChapters Next
Bound by the Heart

There are a lot of things that can go wrong when you are hiking. Sometimes, you might fall and break a bone. Other times, you might get lost for hours and struggle to find your way back safely.

"Oooo, this rock looks like a rock!"

Or, if you were Razzle Dazzle, your hiking partner would get distracted by every single thing that looks remotely interesting, despite the fact that you looked like you just trotted off the catwalk at a big-name fashion show.

Still, Razzle was nothing if not patient. She bent down to sniff at a few flowers nearby, trying to detect if they would be of any use for potions, while Arca meandered from one side of the trail to the other. "Arcie, dear, haven't you been on this trail a thousand times before? I would think by now you would have run out of things to be intrigued by."

"Of course not!" Arca turned around, smiling. "It's the new little things that make it different every time. And even if it was the exact same, that in and of itself would be a fascinating phenomenon. Plus, you're with me." That last line made Razzle's heart do a backflip. "You may flirt a lot, but you are a great friend, and endlessly fascinating. Plus, you are pretty much the only being in existence who can keep pace with me when it comes to alchemy. Hey, why is your face red?"

"You are such a dolt sometimes, sweetie."

"That's… not an answer, but you seem fine, so…"

"I'm fine."

"Okay! Well, here we are. The perfect picnic spot!" Arca flashed his horn and summoned a picnic blanket and basket full of food, setting it next to a gorgeous overhang overlooking the town. The two sat down and picked up sandwiches in their magic. Well, Razzle grabbed a sandwich, Arca ate the ingredients individually.

Silence persisted for a few minutes as they ate. Arca was the first to speak. "So, Mom has been writing to me again."

"Pestering you about finding a mare?"

"Yup. It's a shame, really."

Razzle let out an exasperated sigh. "A shame, that you don't just date me."

"That's the shame. You fit the bill for her perfectly."

Her ears perked up, snapping to full attention.

"You're smart, you're always around, you're pretty. And you're not gonna die on me. I would date you if I could. But I gotta keep pushing you away because I don't wanna lose my soul. Stupid demon pony heritage."

"Wait, THAT'S why you've been turning me down for the last six centuries?!"

"Yuh."

"YOU DOLT!" Razzle's wings flared out, a hint of fire in her eyes. "Do you not remember our mutual binding contract?! I literally can't take your soul, because I'm bound to you to stay immortal! It's the closest thing my kind has to marriage!"

Arca tilted his head to one side. "Really? Celestia read the contract for me, said it was in my favor, and told me I could sign it."

"You never read the contract."

"Legal stuff makes me sleepy."

"You actual dolt."

Arca shrugged. "Not like 600 years is much to us in the long run. Alright," Arca continued, standing up and staring at Razzle intently. "Jezebel, Daughter of Ix. Do you swear on your true name that you have no ability to take the soul of the pony known as Arcane Catalyst?"

Razzle didn't flinch. "That is correct. I swear."

"...huh. You know, I shoulda used your true name to do that decades ago to get princess CandyDance off my back. Alright, you can be my marefriend. So, now what happ-MPH?!"

Arca didn't have time to react as Razzle dashed forward and pressed her lips to his, covering the passionate kiss with a wing despite nopony being around to see it. It looked like something out of a romantic movie. She held the kiss for several seconds, thankful to finally feel what she'd dreamed of for half a millenium.

"Whoa." Arca was still held in her grasp, eyes staring into each other as they processed the moment. "I've been missing THAT!? Is that some kinda succupony trick? Mom's kisses never feel like that." He paused, then lowered his volume. "Could… could you do that again?"

"No tricks, Arca. It just means you like me. And yes, I'll happily do that again." Razzle closed her eyes, puckered her lips, and leaned in slowly once more. She was happier than she'd ever been, to finally see her affections returned after so long-

"Quack."

"YOU!"

And suddenly, Razzle was tossed in the air as the object of her affection became a furry missile rocketing off into the underbrush after his foe. "ThatwasgreatRazgottagobye!"

Razzle picked herself up, dusted herself off, rolled her eyes and trotted after Arca, following the trail of destruction he'd torn in the foliage. Sparing a glance back at the setting sun, she silently hoped she'd get to do more than that soon. But she would be patient. After all…

She had all the time in the world.

Author's Note:

I'll be honest, I'm scared about this one. Like, legit scared. I've wanted this to happen for a while, but I have NO idea how you readers are going to react.

Let me know if this was a bad idea. I'll figure something out if it is.

PreviousChapters Next