• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 7,375 Views, 2,810 Comments

The Potion Shop - Ashfur



There's a secluded potion shop in a small little town. Its owner is... eccentric.

  • ...
12
 2,810
 7,375

PreviousChapters Next
Meanwhile

“I assure you two, once you hear things my way, your perspective on this will change. This is for the good of the town, and having you as support will greatly boost my- OUR odds of putting that mad stallion in prison for the rest of his life!” Emerald let loose an evil laugh but quickly caught herself. Having the mayor of the town and that pesky stallion's apprentice be on her side when she brings Arca to justice before princess Celestia (and free up a great view for her store) would be quite the boon. If this dinner didn't sway his mind, she thought, she would use mind control again. But she didn't want to do such a thing in public.

“I'm still not sure, miss Essence, but I do appreciate you taking me to dinner at my favorite diner.” Silver had bags under his eyes, age and exhaustion working together to make him look a like a wreck. However, his eyes brightened as he saw that the dessert display was full of gooey, fluffy confections drenched in liquid chocolate. Messy, but delicious.

“Emerald, I really have to check on my boss, I think I saw him in here.” Juniper had been hastily added to the group at Emerald's insistence, as she wanted Juniper in her side as well, but the pegasus was more concerned with Arca's whereabouts.

“Ah, Silver!” The stallion at the counter greeted him like an old friend. “I see you brought friends. Table for three?”

Suddenly from the back of the diner, a conversation reached their ears. “So how is this gonna- AAAAAAAAA!”

With no warning, a screaming Arcane Catalyst came barreling down the aisle towards the entrance, two halves of an onion pressed into his eyes as he screamed in pain. He bowled a few customers over as he charged, crashed through the dessert display, and accidentally rammed Emerald head-on. She flipped into the air and got stuck to Arca's back from the sticky molten chocolate, and the impromptu foalnapping shattered the glass door on his way out.

“Er… table for two, Silver?”

Juniper shook her head. “I have to go deal with that. Maybe next time.” She spread her wings and followed the carnage.

“Uh… table for one, Silver?”

“Table for none. I'm going to the salt bar.”

“Can I come?”


Nopony so much as gave the noise a second glance after checking to confirm that yes, the screaming projectile that just burst out of the Riverside Diner was who they thought it was. Had it been anything else, mass panic would have ensued, but with Arca it was better to just ride it out and try not to get caught in the crossfire. Thus, Emerald's cries to stop the maniac she was glued to fell on deaf ears, as nopony in their right mind would attempt that. They simply watched as the pair charged towards the market district, hoping that damage would be minimal. A few cheered, as there were bets on the next fiasco.

Emerald, though, was not happy. She had experienced just about enough of Arca, and prepared a very powerful teleport spell that required absolute concentration to pull off, so she could get loose and call the guards to-

“Glitter glue! Get your glitter glue here, folks… oh sweet mother of Celestia, hide!” The salespony dove out of the way as Arca unwittingly carried Emerald into the cart full of glitter glue, disrupting her concentration and making the pair even stickier.

“Steel wool! Toughest you'll ever see, gets stains out like-” POW! Arca sped through the cart, reducing it to splinters and earning his lab coat and his passenger several dozen small cuts on the steel wool.

“Lemon juice, fresh lemon juice! Get it while it's fresh!” Emerald's screams could be heard across town as the acidic fruit juice seeped into her tiny cuts, Arca being unaffected as his lab coat took the hit of the steel wool.

A lone stallion pulled his cart towards the market square as he passed Emerald's jewelry store. “Finally, it took ages, but I think I finally found a town where I can sell my cabbages in peace and quiet.”

His joy lasted exactly five seconds as a large screaming something sped into his cabbage cart, splitting it in two as each half flew somewhere from the momentum. The stallion had only two words to cry out: “MY CABBAGES!”

Emerald, her ride finally over, had been knocked loose when the chocolate and glitter glue hardened and broke off from hitting the cabbage cart. She careened through a flyer for the Arca insurance she still refused to buy, shattered her window, and ended up breaking her fall on a fancy 20,000 bit tiara in front of a wealthy family who was considering buying it.

Arca flew through a rainbow waterfall, the force of the liquid knocking the chocolate and glitter glue off in one go. With that gone, he landed in a hollow wooden bowl large enough to hold him. He felt it shaking as he finally cleared his eyes, then looked at the sign of the lot he was in:
Sling Shot's Plot Convenient Catapults.

“Oh, floof. Not this againnnnnnn!”

“So why exactly did you put a tuxedo on a cloud of expensive cologne, Feather?” The mare in question, a famous fashion designer, giggled in response. The reporters gasped. “You finally made a one size fits all tuxedo?!”

She moved to answer yes, but an orange blur erupted through the cloud, somehow taking the tux with it. “...what was that?”

Higher up in the sky, Arca noticed something and flailed his legs to grab it. The Duck, flying high in the sky, was millimeters out of his reach. As Arca fell back towards the diner, he heard it.

“Quack.”

“Hey, same to you, jerk!” Arcane hollered back at the waterfowl.

Continuing his return trip to terra firma, he passed a quarreling pegasus couple on a cloud. “Fine, Syrup! If you won't go out with me, then I don't need this bouquet or this mane gel!” The stallion tossed both behind him, and Arca got the flowers stuck in his mouth and the gel in his mane in the moments before crashing back into the diner.

And so, Arca fell through the roof with his mane slicked back, a fancy bow tie around his neck, a fancy tuxedo draped over his lab coat, emitting the scent of expensive cologne and holding a bouquet of roses in his mouth. Meadowbrook gave Razzle her blessing thinking her little Arca had planned it all, and as Razzle nuzzled up against him he spat out the roses and had only one thing to say:

“Damn it, I missed that stupid bird AGAIN!”

Author's Note:

"Here's your bill for dinner, and the damages, Arcane. Do you need a to-go box?"

"I'd prefer a go-away box for miss clingy here."

PreviousChapters Next