• Published 19th May 2018
  • 9,814 Views, 206 Comments

Ponies Playing Video Games - GaPJaxie



When The House of Enchanted Comics starts selling board games too, Spike picks up a bundle of them for Twilight and the girls to play. All the board games have really funny names: Stellaris, Command & Conquer, Dishonored, EvE...

  • ...
11
 206
 9,814

Fallout 4

Fallout 4 came in an enormous box. It had cards, plastic tokens, glass tokens, wooden card holders, a map of the Commonwealth, figurines, dice, a spinner to determine hit location, and more. None of it was ever used per-se, since the enchantment on the game magically sucked the players into its fantastic fictional world, but the spell required the game to be set up first.

Twilight had purchased the game under the assumption that it was meant for four players, but upon opening it with three of her friends, discovered that it accommodated only one pony at a time. After a bit of back and forth, it was decided they’d play it one at a time. Rarity went first, then Twilight, then Rainbow Dash, then Pinkie Pie

After, they all had tea and cakes.

“Excellent game,” Twilight said, and they all agreed. “Normally I’m not into fantasy stories, but the world was so striking.”

“Indeed,” Rarity said. “The characters were so rich and developed. And their clothing! One can feel the attention paid to every detail.”

“Really? You played all that and you want to talk about the clothes?” Rainbow mouthed the words around three tea-cakes. “Did you not notice there’s a giant slingshot that shoots nuclear weapons? I was like, ‘this is awesome’ and the mutants were all ‘oh no!’”

“I liked the tunes!” Pinkie Pie bobbed her head from side to side. “Crawl out, through the fallout, pony!”

“Indeed. Tremendous all around.” Rarity smiled, dunking her cake ever so daintily into her teacup. “Though if I had to criticize it, I would have appreciated more variety in the factions. Oh, certainly, there were nominally four choices, but there was one that the player was clearly supposed to pick. I’d been hoping for something less one-sided. A true struggle of compelling ideologies in a desolate wasteland.”

“Agreed,” said Twilight. “Though, credit where it’s due, introducing the Institute as the antagonist faction only to let the player join them midway through the game was very creative. I really didn’t see that twist coming.”

Rarity paused, her teacup halfway to her lips. Rainbow and Pinkie Pie hesitated as well.

“You supported the Institute?” Rarity asked, ever so sweetly.

“Of course.” Twilight frowned, tilting her head to the side. “Who did you support?”

“The Sisterhood of Steel.”

“Hey!” Rainbow shot to her hooves. “Did you miss the part where those high-stepping fascists are going to round up all your synth friends and kill them? Huh?” With a buzz of her wings, she lifted off the floor. “Or do those ponies not deserve freedom? Railroad all the way.”

“I didn’t miss that,” Pinkie Pie snapped. “Did you miss the part where none of these factions have any right to rule the Commonwealth, and the Minutemares are the only group the common ponies asked to protect them? Three different flavors of invader is what you are!”

All four of them were on their hooves. All four were glaring. And at that exact moment, Spike entered the room, apron wrapped around his torso and a fresh tray of tea-cakes in hand.

“Uh…” He paused in the doorway. “What’s going—”

Then, Twilight summoned a shield between her and Rarity. Rarity kicked the table with the tea-cakes under Twilight’s shield, taking out her knees. As Rarity lunged for Twilight’s collapsing form, Rainbow delivered a swift kick to her exposed side. Moment later, Pinkie Pie grabbed her from behind, pulling them both down to the ground.

“Monster!”

“Facist!”

“Hippie!”

“Gutter trash!”

At some point, somepony broke a tray over somepony else’s head. There were lasers, kicking, biting, and somehow, a gun that shot trash.

“Ah,” Spike said. “Friendship problem. Right. Good luck with that.”

Slowly, he backed out of the room.

Comments ( 40 )

You've got to be careful with those full-immersion simulations, they'll get right into your head.

Huh. Been a while since I read this. And an amusing aftermath.

"“I liked the tunes!” Pinkie bobbed her head from side to side. “Crawl out, through the fallout, pony!”"
...When did Pinkie get there?
[reads on]
Was it supposed to be her instead of Applejack? Applejack seems to have vanished.

"tray of tea-cakes in hand"
"tray of teacakes in hand"?
(Though it's possible those are two different meanings.)

"with the tea-cakes under"
See above.

"Pinkie Pie grabbed her from behind"
Not entirely clear to me who she's grabbing, but I'm not sure it matters here. :D

"Facist!"
"Fascist!"?

And Spike at the end there. :D


Though, having not played 4 (Though from what I've heard, I'd probably be with either Twilight of Pinkie (though if I was playing, might try a variety of characters, of course); the Brotherhood is apparently invading and has some problematic policies (and it's the East Coast Brotherhood, which I think I'm kind of biased against, probably at least a bit unfairly due to out-of-universe dislike of some of the things done with Fo3 (which I also haven't played, admittedly, though that one I did try to get running on my computer)) while the Railroad says good things about its work but apparently doesn't actually respect the rights of synths any more than the Institute, just has different ways it wants to use them. Meanwhile, the Institute is up to some unpleasant things but at least has a vast amount of potential good, which a PC leader could promote, while the Minutemen, well, what Pinkie said, basically. Don't know how accurate the impressions I've gotten are, of course.), I wonder what they'd make of NV?

I would have expected other factions for most of them:
Twilight: Institute (Obviously, because Science.)
Rainbow: Sisterhood (Because awesome.)
Rarity: Railroad (Because style)
Applejack: Minutemares (Helping everyone, especially farmers and settlers is her thing.)
Pinkie: Literally all factions. (Because she can.)


Anyway, great to see this story continue.
I wonder what the next game will be.

Wish it was NV instead.

I'm curious who'd go Yes Man.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Now I’m waiting to see if League of Legends can make the cut.

l am with Pinkie, the Minutemen are the only true good faction there is, followed by the brotherhood...

Before I read this, I must know: Will you be having anyone make any Fallout: Equestria shout outs?

Then, Twilight summoned a shield between her and Rarity. Rarity kicked the table with the tea-cakes under Twilight’s shield, taking out her knees. As Rarity lunged for Twilight’s collapsing form, Rainbow delivered a swift kick to her exposed side. Moment later, Pinkie Pie grabbed her from behind, pulling them both down to the ground.

One wonders how that little excursion affected their proficiency in brawling. For sure, I wonder if Rarity knew that trick with the table a few hours ago.

oh pinkie...if only you saw what general dave has done with the minute men~

At least in this version of the game Twilight and her friends didn't find out the backstory had her and her friends as the mares whose good intentions screwed up the world even worse than it was already going.

We can only wait for Hearts of Iron 4 chapter with multiplayer game. Which one of them would choose Germany, Soviets or Japan? And if they would find Equestria at War mod...

If they destroy each other over faction selection in Fallout 4, I don't think even heaven can help them if they play Mario Party.

9833634
chance time, time

Fallout 4? Having rich characters? What are you smoking and can I have some, because it must be amazing if it can make the main quest actually good.

Comment posted by VladimirVA deleted Sep 15th, 2019

Well, at least none of them have any mini-nukes.

I hope. :twilightoops:

9833634
Mario Party is one of the true Elements of Disharmony, right up there with Monopoly and Diplomacy.

Ooh, nice to see you got back to this. As good as it was I can't get over the fact that the Fallout 4 storyline was called good; I believe Fallout 3 or New Vegas would have been better choices, but everyone has their own opinion.

how about the division 2 next
9833149

9835675
I agree fallout new Vegas would’ve been so much better. Whoever balls fallout four good must have low standards. At least it wasn’t bug out 76

Oh, that explains the first chapter. It's Daydream Gaming, with the board serving as a ritual piece.

Can we have halo.

9925762
Games that l think could be interesting to see them play would be the Dragon Age games, The Mass Effect games, RDR2, The Farcry games, the Assassin's Creed games (Especially from 3 and all the way up to Odyssey), Sins of a Solar empire Rebellion... and the Homeworld games

At some point, somepony broke a tray over somepony else’s head. There were lasers, kicking, biting, and somehow, a gun that shot trash.

“Ah,” Spike said. “Friendship problem. Right. Good luck with that.”

Slowly, he backed out of the room.

Spike's reaction to this nonsense:

Titanfall 2 Would be a great choice I think

9835787
9835675
9833670
While not the best of the series, Fallout 4's story is a decent one, and the characters in it can be interesting to get to know. Having said that though, the game would not be worth replaying without mods, and thankfully the modding community is still going strong for Fallout 4, thus keeping the game alive.

Comment posted by K Bird deleted Mar 31st, 2020

Will You continue the story?

You mentioned Command and Conquer. You can't back out now! That's my fav' RTS.

The fun thing about games is you can play as the most evil faction, if you want, with no moral consequences since it’s not real.

We need some more ponies playing games :D

Spike's survival instincts guided him well here. :rainbowlaugh:

11476861
No. Now keep mining.

So, none of them built their own settlement. At least one thing is always the same.

ha! Xenophile
good one

Login or register to comment