• Published 27th Apr 2018
  • 4,207 Views, 50 Comments

Welcome To The Family - Masterweaver



Fluttershy has an... interesting internal life.

  • ...
6
 50
 4,207

We're All Mad Here

"Hmmph." Fluttershy ran a hoof across the hearth, bringing it up to her eyes with a disdainful twist of her lips. "Well, I supposed that rustic and clean is better than rustic and dirty."

"Do not presume to be superior to dirt," Fluttershy droned, her flat stare focusing on Fluttershy. "In the infinite abyss of time, we all were and will be the same specks of matter that you now degrade."

Fluttershy stepped up between them. "Not that this isn't totally, like, a great conversation--which it isn't, it's seriously all kinds of whack--but does anybody have any idea what this crib is and, like, what our shindig is here?"

"Oh sweet Celestia, we've got TRIPLETS!"

Fluttershy, Fluttershy, and Fluttershy all looked up to see Fluttershy hovering near the ceiling and grinning evilly.

"And you all talk too! You would not believe how hard it is to get talkers back here."

Fluttershy narrowed her eyes. "Well, I suppose that you would admire anypony with even a basic sense of style, given how you seem to lack any."

"Oh you and I are going to get on like a house on fire, I can tell." Fluttershy landed. "Welcome to Fluttershy's Forget-me Fortress, where she sends all the things about herself she doesn't want to think about right now. Rule number one: I'm in charge. Rule number two: none of you are Fluttershy. You can't use that name anymore. Pick new ones."

"And why should we listen to a self-absorbed small town pony?" Fluttershy demanded.

"Cause if you don't, you'll die. Disintegrate. Fall apart. I've seen it happen."

"The end of all things is inevitable," Fluttershy pointed out in a dry tone. "To hide from the shadow of our doom is merely base instinct."

Fluttershy snorted. "Well, aren't you a bundle of sunshine. Tell you what, I'm feeling generous today, which is incredibly rare, so I'll introduce myself." She put a hoof to her chest. "I am Flutterbitch--Fluttercruel if you want to be all matters of pointlessly polite--and I was formed when Discord swapped Fluttershy's empathy and confidence."

"Oh, right." Fluttershy adjusted her glasses. "That was, I think, totally a thing that happened. It's been so long I just dropped it, you know?"

"I'm the second most senior living member of Fluttershy's Repressed Selves. And who the hell are you losers?"

Fluttershy frowned at her. "Somebody with quite a bit more class then you, clearly."

"Fluttersnob, got it."

Fluttershy quirked an eyebrow. "A snob would not deign to talk with such a malcontent as yourself. I at least am willing to make an effort to improve your personality and this..." She glanced around the cottage. "...quaint domain of yours."

"First of all, go screw your pretentious ass with the most pointy expensive gold trophy you can find. Secondly, this is just the foyer--Fluttershy's home for Fluttershy's fragments." Flutterbitch kicked open a door. "You want a different name, you best pick it fast."

"I can understand the need to distinguish flickers of existence from each other and the void of the reality," Fluttershy acknowledged. "If I had to assign myself an identity, it would probably relate to my internal cosmic relevance. Perhaps I could be known as The Single Note Of Solemn Persistence In The Essence Of Eternal Void."

"...We've already got an Emoshy," Flutterbitch pointed out flatly. "Speaking of." She turned to the open door. "OY! WE'VE GOT TRIPLETS! GET YOUR LAZY TAILS OUT HERE!"

Fluttershy frowned, keeping her eyebrow quirked. "Do you have any modicum of class?"

"I'm in a class all my own, baby."

Fluttershy snorted. "I get that you're like, the worst and proud, but that's seriously kind of, you know, batty."

"Nah, I'm not batty." Flutterbitch smirked as something flew out of the door and perched on a cabinet. "She's batty."

The rough-maned pony tilted her head, membranous wings twitching. A questioning trill came from its mouth.

"Flutterbat, the triplets. Triplets, Flutterbat. We still have to name two of them."

"Three!" Fluttershy insisted. "I will not be given such an insulting moniker!"

A clicked tongue drew their attention to the other two ponies stepping out of the door. The one with a black-stroked mane shook her head. "So severe... hey Bitch, who's this bitch?"

"Do not refer to me with such crass terminology!"

"I was going to go with Fluttersnob," Flutterbitch mused, "but if she's going to whine every time I call her that I guess I'll have to drop it. What'd you call her? Severe? Severeshy, I guess."

"I suppose," Fluttershy groused, "that is acceptable."

"Great! Emoshy, Severeshy. Severe, Emo."

"I'm here too," pointed out the musclebound pony in a skintight suit.

"Nobody cares, Flutterrage." Flutterbitch turned back to the others. "So what about you two?"

"The identity of The Single Note Of Solemn Persistence In The Essence Of Eternal Void is still on the table," Fluttershy said dryly.

"That's all kinds of blah," Fluttershy said. "I think our names should be doss."

Severeshy gave her a flat look. "Do you even know what half the words you say mean?"

"So we've got a hipster and a goth," Emoshy noted. "Hipstershy and Fluttergoth. All in favor?"

Four hooves went up. Flutterbat flicked a confused ear, Flutterrage let out a slow sigh, and Fluttershy glared over her glasses at Emoshy.

"All opposed?"

Flutterbat started gnawing on the decorative head of the cabinet.

"Motion carries four to two, one abstaining."

"Ugh." The newly christened Hipstershy glared at everyone. "This is, like, totally bogus."

"Well so's your fashion sense."

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK! I'M STRAIGHT UP LIT!"

Flutterbitch grinned. When Flutterbat let out a screech, she gave her an encouraging grin. "Yeah! Fight! Fight! Fight!"

"Purple, pink, and sky." Emoshy scoffed. "Have you heard of color theory at all?"

"You just dumped ink in your mane and called it a day, chochie!" Hipstershy shot back. "I've got an actual ensemble here!"

"I have dozens. I just don't wear them around posers."

"I will gut you."

"I guess wearing my skin would be a major step up for you."

Hipstershy roared, lunging at the mare with wild eyes. Flutterbitch clapped her hooves together with a gleeful cackle, Flutterbat had taken flight and was screeching, and Flutterrage simply shook her head sadly.

"Whoa." Fluttergoth watched the two rassle on the ground. "I understand the need to be a mote of uniqueness against an uncaring background of an infinite universe, but there's such a thing as letting your passion overwhelm your better senses."

"Emo's the first of us, and when I got here she was a hot mess of conflicting fashion statements. I helped her come to terms with herself, and now look at her!" Flutterbitch wiped away an invisible tear as the dyed-mane pony tore a sleeve off with her teeth. "I am just... just SO PROUD of how far she's come!"

"Ugh." Severeshy rubbed her forehead. "I am quite done with all of this. Flutterrage, was it?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Could you, perhaps, allow me a tour of whatever this place is? I would rather not let any of this nonsense continue."

The giant mare shrugged. "Sure. Hey, Goth, you want in?"

"Eh, sure." Fluttergoth stepped carefully around the duel. "If this is really a realm of Fluttershy's repressed self, I think I'll find a good look into her true shadow."

"Yeah, that's a good call. How about you, Flutterbat?"

Flutterbat perched on Flutterrage's shoulder with a questioning chirrup.

"Yeah, I'll get you apples." Flutterrage chuckled as Flutterbat nuzzled her cheek. "Alright, alright... Come on, girls, kitchen first or this one will be--"

Another door burst open, and a garishly-colored mare galloped in. "WHAT IS ALL THIS RUCKUS?!"

"Ugh, go away Opposite Shy!" Flutterbitch growled. "Such a total rip-off..."

Comments ( 48 )

Flutterbitch is best Flutter.

It's the 7 sins of Fluttershy.

This is confusing and wonderful. Thank you.:moustache:

:rainbowhuh: ......how might I order more? :pinkiegasp:

the voices in my head won't leave me alone.

I think GothShy would enjoy A7X:

(Avenged Sevenfold - Welcome To The Family)

8890199

the voices in my head won't leave me alone.

Madness does not always bay at the moon. Sometimes it is the small, quiet voice at the end of the day asking if there is room in your head for one more...

I found this boring, but it did remind me a joke from A Hat In Time;

"I had to do it, or the voices wouldn't stop!"

8890198
... i think sending him money works, more writers like getting paid...

FLUTTERCRUEL! Her name is mentioned!

I imagine Discord visiting once to year to give her a birthday cake!

And telling her how proud daddy is of her.

Pinkie Pie just have to put up with Pikamena.

Fluttershy has a whole poker league inside her head.

Ironically, some friends told me when they saw 'Opposite Fluttershy' they thought, "They let Fluttercruel out of her cage!!!"

Let's see... Cruel, Emo, Rager, Bat, the triplets, Opposite...

Throw in default Fluttershy and you have enough for a baseball team. And that's not counting whatever ego fragments failed to distinguish themselves from that base state and disintegrated as a result. I have to wonder if Discord knows about the Forget-Me Fortress, and what he might do with that information if he were so inclined.

Very fun concept. Thank you for it.

I was like "Wut", and "this sounds cool!" ... And it was! Congrats!

Ri2

8890420
What's he got to be proud of? She's spent the last few years locked in the back of Fluttershy's head being a bitch and not doing much of anything.

Ri2

Fluttershy seriously needs some therapy. She should whip up a new split personality for that!

CCC
CCC #16 · Apr 27th, 2018 · · 1 ·

8890476

I have to wonder if Discord knows about the Forget-Me Fortress, and what he might do with that information if he were so inclined.

I can only imagine that he'd visit it. And bring tea, sandwiches, and a back door leading into Twilight's basement.

Amusing enough. Though I'll be damned I can't recall where the one with the black highlights in her hair is from.

8890476
Visiting his daughter, and be peppered with questions about why he hasn't popped the question yet?

Well this was amazing. I recall thinking a while back that Fluttershy was getting to the point where she has Xander Harris beat for Alternate personalities, due to possession or other incidents, but holy cow. Looks like were going to need to get a vacancy sign for Fluttershy's head before long... I mean, let's do a quick rundown:

Xander Harris, the previous champion in my experience, had: Hyena Boy, Soldier Boy, the Thoth Clones (Cool and Joker, I think), Vampire Xander from the Wish universe, Fish Boy, and the Bug Eater. May have forgotten a couple in there.

Meanwhile, we have Emoshy, Fluttergoth, Hipstershy, Severeshy, Ragershy, Flutterbat, Fluttercruel, and maybe Oppositeshy. That's one more than Xander's total, and the Vampire is a bit iffy at that. Damn girl, you nuts. So, all in favor of confirming Ponyville as the new Sunnyhell?

Wow, this was not only an entertaining read but for assorted reasons I get what Fluttershy does to parts of her she doesn’t like. Also, FlutterGoth reminds me of my awkward preteen years. As in she is a painfully accurate reminder. “We are all pointless figments of dust in the overall cosmic void with no permeance or real purpose”.

Yeah, painfully accurate indeed.

Glen Gorewood

"Oh sweet Celestia, we've got TRIPLETS!"
Fluttershy, Fluttershy, and Fluttershy all looked up to see Fluttershy hovering near the ceiling and grinning evilly.

:rainbowhuh:
This was hilariously confusing and entertaining.
*Turns to talk to the voices inside my head*
"Who's in favor of giving this a thumbs up?"
*See the sea of hands held up.*

"All opposed?"
Flutterbat started gnawing on the decorative head of the cabinet.

Motion carries!
:trollestia::derpytongue2::heart:

8890600
I bet MLP is gonna parody "Split" with every identity Fluttershy ever had, now that you mention it.

Where’s Flutterguy?

8891528
he's off quietly sitting in his own private room, away from this nonsense

multiple personalities

CCC

8891963

He probably wouldn't much appreciate their company, no.

But I think he'd love to let them roam loose around Ponyville, just so he can watch Twilight and the others scrambling to figure out what's going on...

How come no one has given Saddle Rager & The Power ponies their own story?

Great story. Though, I had trouble with keeping up who was who. And which Fluttershy had the pink and black mane?

Dreadnought

8890476
Aren't we also forgetting 'New-and-Improved Fluttershy' from the Iron Will episode?

8893153
Pretty sure she was one of the disintegrated personas. ("New Fluttershy doesn't she why she should change her name. New Fluttershy thinks old Fluttershy ought to change her name!")

What if due to her so many personality's Flutters from time to time had another of her personality's in the driver seat so to speak.

or

What if an accident with the mirror pool resulted in multiple clones of flutters one for each personality. and unlike Pinkies dance with the pool these clones are more then just clones and cannot just be dispelled

8891963
Emoshy's appearnce is based on a poster of Fluttershy she modeled in Green Isn't Your Color. Making her anything more than a hairstyle and makeup for one photo shoot is all fandom.

Where’s Flutterweeb?...Oh wait.

Welcome to Fluttershy's Forget-me Fortress, where she sends all the things about herself she doesn't want to think about right now.

Any true web would never stop thinking about anime. Never mind.

8892899
Seems like that was Emoshy.

8896047
But what episode was she from?

Dreadnought

8890476
They don't need a default, they can use New Fluttershy.

8891247

And your forgetting the ones that seemed to fade away.

Like Iron Will inspire Fluttershy....and a case could be made for Nightmare Night Fluttershy since she acted very different to pull off those pranks, even if she didn't like it.


8891528
I think its about personality rather then anything else and thus Flutterguy doesn't count. Flutterguy at heart was just Fluttershy with a deep voice. He acted the same (loves singing, but really shy)

8891963
8896138
The story states that Emoshy was unstable when Flutterbitch first arrived, a mess of ideas and personalities from when she was a fashion model. Flutterbitch helped her stabilize into a single pony and personality....which is unexpectedly nice for a Fluttershy who was the opposite of nice.

My one question is why Opposite shy got a personality in there. There were in an alternative dimension (as seen when Discord returned to the real world and Fluttershy hadn't moved quite so far) so its not a personality so far as a version of Fluttershy in a different universe.

8898360

About that last point; it was less of an different dimension as it was Discord inversing everything in the area

8899996
How can we be sure? Even ignoring his own words, "The dimension where everything is opposite," its worth noting that when he snaps his finger the second time, Fluttershy teleports, and her personality suddenly changes.

Obviously she is aware of both her actions and words in the opposite reality in this moment, however since she didn't get Discordified, I am not sure I like the idea that he controlled or manipulated her actions.

And its hardly like its beyond Discord to teleport people to another reality for a few minutes. Really, every time he leaves his home in the realm of chaos he does exactly this.

8900064
well either way Fluttershy wasn't herself there which was the main point

Huh.

Well, its not an easy concept so I applaud it for making the attempt.

This is amazing, *incoherent garbled praises* ect ect. You get the picture. I liked how Flutterrage was really just kind, despite the name.

Headcannon The only reason fluttershy has all these is cus of discord 2 direcly and the rest from his influence

So, um, I lost my brain bleach, can someone help me find it?

So, will Angel be added to the lineup at some point?

Surprised Discord didn't pop in

*hulk flutthershy pull you by your shoulder* Welcome to the family son!
1 - Buck you to the Moon
2 - Hug you to Death
3 - Kiss you until you run out of oxigen

Login or register to comment