• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 8,075 Views, 1,403 Comments

Damned Are the Guilty - Onomonopia



Twilight has overcome many opponents. But now she faces an antithesis of everything she is. He is Frank Castle. Her greatest foe.

Comments ( 145 )

He's imprisoned, but Twilight and the others will realize, the world needs the Punisher.

When a family member is killed, when a friend is killed, when yet another villian rises again and fucks them up, they need the Punisher.

I can't help but feel unsatisfied. Hopefully in a sequel, Punisher shall rampage again.

meh ended too soon =/
felt like there could be more to this one

This is probably the only version of Punisher that gets an ending thats even remotely close to being happy.

So the next story is Thor, right? By Odin's amazing facial hair it has to be Thor.

Alright we're finally gonna get some Thor action up in here!:D

I am kind of sad to see it come to a end. Great story, and makes my Best story list. Bravo! :pinkiehappy:

didn't expect it to end so soon but good story none the less. So Thor next I'm guessing, hopefully it's less grim then your more recent stories lol.

If the next hero is Thor, then I look forward to seeing ponies(especially the egotistical Rainbow) trying to lift his hammer.

Hehehe, wow man... what an ending to this story and holy balls on a stick! :yay: Hahaha, this was a fantastic read well done, well done and I approve of it all! Hopefully we'll get a sequel.
Because, if I'm being honest... I don't think the Punisher will be kept in this place for very long, sure we all have seen what's keeping him there. But come on...

Awesome work man, a fantastic tale well done!
WHOO!

Now the ultimate question. Why didn't Celestia and Luna do anything? And why is it that they can't understand Frank Castle.

Yes!!!! Thor finally comes to Equestria!

THOR MUTHA BUCKA!!!!

Interesting ending.
Let's hope that if this Punisher ever appears in another story, he will still be the same man that killed the guilty.
But, as always, a very great story ! Thanks !

Feels like you ended too soon... maybe you left it open for a sequel?

Comment posted by Animefan608 deleted Dec 21st, 2016

You know that empty feeling when something was good, but it finally ended?
Yeah, I have that feeling too.

Great story.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut........


And this is just me!!!!!!

I feel unresolved, like this still isn't over.


Like there'll be an epilogue where Twilight finds he's gone with no explanation, and he's on the hunt to find some magic way of getting back to his world/dimension, which he'll of course find.

Hey, since it ends here.......

Head-canon!!!!

Vision?!







I'm kidding!!!! Yay Thor!!!!!


And I'm calling it now, somepony (or maybe dragon?) is gonna lift Mjölnir

Fucking fantastic.

Also...please....PLEASE let Spike be the worthy one to lift the mighty Mjölnir!

We need a epilogue where he somehow gets out.

So it appears that Thor is the basis for your next story but which Thor is it the original or the new Jane Foster version.

Thor?! I bet it will be Fancypants who will be worthy.

7809806 You know, of all the pony in the whole series i can only think of one that would be that pure, that genuine, that true of heart...:derpyderp1:

By Odin's Beard......Beta Ray Bill is on the next fic?

Jokes aside, is it gonna be Odinson or Foster Thor?

Another great story concluded. Can't wait to read about thor. My top three for beings worthy of picking up Mjölnir

Spike

Luna

Starlight Glimmer

Odinson, for those wondering

7809691 man, I'm unsatisfied too.
Because alicorns have OverPowers by default and do what they wish. It's like someone used aimbot, wallhack, unlimited ammo and god mode in battlefield, it's spoil everything for everyone. Frank Castle - man who killed whole marvel universe, by careful planing, lose so easily for op ponies. He KILLED Hulk!!! And Ghost Rider (it was little stupid, but it was)!!!
I like Twi and others but when author make them op, I feel like he killed their personality. It's like you see good BBQ, but it don't have any taste. At least Punisher must die in the end, I feel cheated with that ending...

Please, excuse me for my grammar mistakes, English is not my main language.

And author! Please, next time give us (or me only) better story.

I don't care if anyone hates me but this was a crappy ending, she is still trying to help Frank? F.... you Twilight, he can't be chance he is the Punisher.

7809833 Sorry to rain on your parade, but there's more to it than just that.

Superman wasn't worthy to lift Mjölnir, even though he's got the biggest heart I can think of.

It's not just about purity of heart. It's about being equal to Thor in other ways. You have to be like Thor. You have to be ready to fight- and kill- enemies of truth and justice. You have to do things the Viking way (noble Viking, not pillage, burn, and rape Viking). Superman isn't willing to kill under any circumstances. But Captain America is. He can think like a Viking, and he's a noble warrior. Perfect qualifications.

Spike… I don't know. Every story has different little changes to him. Sometimes he's just as pacifistic as the ponies, other times he's ruthless. It… varies. So maybe he can raise the hammer. Maybe he can't.

Not exactly what I was expecting. Personally, I would've preferred it if he did die, but still a strong ending. But too happy go lucky for such a dark story, but guess it had to have light somewhere.

Though I suspect Frank will manage to escape only to fall to his death.

Then he thought of Twilight's words, but more importantly, the conviction in her eyes. For the first time since he'd met her, she finally had a look in her eyes akin to the heroes of his Earth. Like she knew for certain that she could help him become the man he once was. She had imprisoned him completely and even saved his own life, even if he didn't feel he deserved it. But most of all...she didn't just believe in him. She believed in herself. Believed, for the first time, that she really could save Frank Castle. And in the face of such conviction, conviction Punisher knew that even he couldn't break, Punisher chuckled.

"Not bad, Twilight," Frank smiled. "Not bad."

That ending, man. . .

That ending. . .

Very let down.

So you just continue to prolong Punisher's broken existence instead of having him truly die and reunite with his family? And I'm guessing Tirek isn't getting his second chance either? And it's nice to see that Ratet, a character you introduced in the first chapter amounted to jack all in this story. What was even the POINT to hIm showing up at all? Rule of thumb with characters: actually have them DO something! Oh, and now you have the AUDACITY to tease us with another story thinking that it will make up for a sub-par one.

Nope. Tapping out. If I want Marvel mixed with MLP, I'll stick with JD Prime's universe, thank you very much. And all you people in the comments, dislike all you want, but I truly WON'T respond to your disagreeing comments because I don't care.

Happy Holidays.

7809693 This story did indeed feel very rushed in comparison to his other ones.

He escaped a week later.

I really didn't like that ending, I was really rooting for Frank throughout the whole story and to have this perpetually smug 'holier-than-thou' version of Twilight win in any fashion really grinds my gears. Way to blue-ball those of us who looked forward to Frank kicking ass then riding off into the sunset on a sled made of the bones of his enemies or managing to convince the ponies that some people are just not worth saving and feed them a big old slice of humble pie, instead we get handed a dull, boring, broken Frank locked into an impossible to escape situation by OP ponies. Not to even mention his complete breakdown because of an accident. Calm down bub, it's called an accident for a reason. Completely unsatisfying.

See, the thing about Punisher that I respect is he doesn't write off what he does as being anything's fault. He doesn't separate Frank Castle from the Punisher. Frank Castle was doing what he did long before other people gave him the name Punisher. It wasn't something to hide behind, nor was it a mask that could be taken off. It was his transformation, his evolution. It was his choice. I don't like how both Twilight and him acknowledge the possibility that there's someone who needs saving within Frank, because there is no possibility. Frank made his choices in life and owned them; I hate even a hint of the idea that he regrets anything.

Also, fuck Twilight and everyone else. More specifically, how dare these pretension and self righteous assholes try and claim superiority to The Punisher. Even on Earth, no matter how many people hate Punisher, there's a good chunk of individuals that understand and even support hoe he operates. Ponies don't know the horrors of Earth. It's clear they don't. There's people 10x worse than Frank who do terrible things for no other reason than they can. True, real supervillains worse than Tarek who threaten life every single day. Not once do the ponies try and understand Punisher's position. They don't see him as a man with a purpose, and they barely see him as an individual in the first place. They see him as a problem to be solved. They act like Frank is an anomaly, a wrinkle in the fabric of how a society works, but he only exists because of how things are in his world. It frustrates me that not one single pony actually sympathizes with Punisher the entire story. Not Twilight, who's probably the worst character. Not Celestia or Luna, the immortal goddesses. You didn't even bring in Starlight Glimmer, which could have been a great interaction with Frank. All anyone does the entire time is actually horrified at Frank without taking any serious time to consider what he is. This story should have been much, much longer and gone into how introducing the Punisher as an element of the world affects all ponies, not just how Equestria affects Frank.

Twilight is a cunt. I'm sorry, I dunno what you wanted from Twilight here, but she's a giant bitch. She goes from being afraid of Frank, to sympathetic, to acting like a smug villain lording her superiority over him. The only two moods she has for Frank are "he's a bad man" and "he's a bad man with a bit of good". Her emotional depth was the same as a shallow pond, and she deserved everything that happened to her. Spike was terrible too. No child should have the mental capacity to even remotely faze Punisher, and yet Spike is presented as the one person Frank respects because Spike thinks he knows the kind of person he is? Spike doesn't know shit. His power was being a child. Having Spike and Twilight be the ones to have an affect on Punisher the way they did was a mistake. There was so much more potential for character interaction that just didn't happen.

I think that's the big label for this story as a whole. Wasted potential. It should have been way longer, which is a fact. It ended with exactly one person changed even a little. We don't even get a hint of how Punisher's presence affects Equestria. There's way more that could have been done, so much more. Really, it's the last two chapters that do it in for me. "Punisher is imprisoned forever while Twilight gets to be proven 'right' in the end" is not a satisfying conclusion to a story like this. I dunno what else to say.

Means ye must be worthy.

Oh gee, I wonder if it's Thor....

This ending is really, really, fucking shit.

I call bullshit on this one. I mean, how? How did she reacted so fast to stop a bullet, from point blank? Just, seriously, how? I can't think of hero who could be able to do so. And only Wolverine could survive this. Hell, even more than one bulet in the head. But this is the biggest killer ending. And from comments, I can tell as well, that he will (somehow, because it's him) escape that prison, or they will need him in some way. I'm done here, so bye. I'll see you all around here

Well... You goofed on that story. Agree with coments. Feels rushed and with bad characters. I, personally, would be satisfied with the "Dream Theory" by one of the commenters on previous chapter about Luna testing Punisher for what he would do in a situation. This is one story that really fell flat...

"Maybe you will. I wouldn't put it past you. But then what? We've destroyed your guns, so you're weapons are gone. And you're left arm is most likely gone for good. Even magic can't fix what happened to it. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Discord is the warden of this prison? Which also happens to be in his dimension? No? Well, good luck dealing with all that."

You mean to tell me that even Discord, of all people, can't do something as simple as conjuring a new arm for Frank?

"Well, after what you did you're in here until the end of time. And I'm immortal, so I don't have to worry about ageing. So don't worry Frank, we've got all the time in the world. All eternity if need be. Now if you need me, I've got somewhere to be."

Ah, yes, the always-optimistic "Twilight's going to outlive all of her family and friends" stuff.

Hells Fire: He should have died in the last chapter, even Twilight can't react to a bullet travelling a sound speed less than 5cm away from the brain, it's just impossible, I personally like the guy, but letting him life after a no escape situation is just fanboylism, if that is even a word.
Real One: Why does that feel familiar to me?

7809898
Real One: He can't be changed, never, and besides, that cliffhanger on the last chapter was literally the best end we could have, not this lame ass excuse thingy.

Una
Una #44 · Dec 21st, 2016 · · 1 ·

Story was way rushed and paid little respect to the comics, and veryone in this story almost seemed ooc to me. And in a world with reality breaking beings like Discord they really couldn't fix his arm? Just nooo.

Yeah too pussy for my taste expected better from the punisher sinve i read the comics .

Zyrian #46 · Dec 21st, 2016 · · 1 ·

What even was that ending?

no offense, but to be honest i expected more from this story, is kind of lukewarm like the one from ryu, not bad but not great either just meh

As soon as Frank breaks out, he's going to turn Twilight's into this comic cover:
derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/1/20/810816.jpg

Well fuck! This ending is a joke. Especially as I was thinking that I saw Ryan under the guise of the old pony talk with Frank at the train. Cause if it wasn't him then what the fuck was that moment for if the point is lost otherwise.

Now, if I'm totally honest, I feel let down. I thought this would've been a machine that would've sent Frank back to his world so that Twilight doesn't have to deal with The Punisher anymore. Instead, I get fluff. If I wanted fluff, I would've read one of those second person EG Fics where you help out one of the Humane 5 and get their hearts in the end and you kiss them for a prolonged amount of time. With The Punisher, I want him to finish off that sphinx guy before he finds his own way home. Or Celestia talk about having Frank being her secret weapon, kinda like a fic I'm making that involves B.J. Blazkowicz. Why? Because you can't stop someone has determined as Frank Castle. If he were a character in Undertale, he'd be Undyne on steroids. The Frank in this ending? He'd be Papyrus...
cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder252/60618252.jpg

Login or register to comment