• Published 19th Aug 2014
  • 5,197 Views, 510 Comments

Diamond Tiara of The Royal Guard - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Once a bratty little filly, Diamond Tiara is now a royal guard for Twilight Sparkle

Comments ( 47 )

First comment on another great update. Keep it up!

Dinky says "We"re not officially guards". Think that should be "now".

Her mother is dead, isn't she?

a speech does not have to be elaborate, what you did was very good:twilightsmile:

Fantastic story. Would love a sequel, okay without.

Nice~. Kinda sad that this is the end. Still, I as a reader am satisfied and had enjoyed reading this story. Hoping to see more when you can! :D

Wait, its complete!? *checks* Wow, it is. Ended way to quickly, this has a lot going for it (like maybe... another fifty chapters or so), so make a sequal or change that status and keep writing. I enjoyed it very much, by the way, so now its going into my favorites!

5048537
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the good story Hopeful_Ink_Hoof. :twilightsmile:


~ Super-Brony12

Complete?!

Dammit, fine.

wow. she finally did it. they all did it. I don't think I ever been this happy to be woken up by neighbors before, but, reading this made me glad I hopped on to check my notifications.

I kinda wish we found out what happened to Aura. But if people like her is anything to go by, seeing DT graduate the guards and have some loving pony to come home to? Likely won't sit well with her. Poor retch. I can't help but see this and maybe a chapter or two as the calm before the storm. :pinkiesad2:
It all just seems, too, easy.

P.S. I, TOO, want to know Rumble and Dinky's EMBARRASSING moment!

Whoa, wait. It's DONE?

What? Well, I guess the story did deliver on it's promise I guess.

Man, there are so many possible bonus chapters that can be added into a sort of side-stories compilations or even sequels in this verse with all the stuff that wasn't shown/touched upon.

Darn, does this mean we won't get to hear about Dinky and Rumble's embarrassing moment? Or see the gang catch up at the farm?

Will Aura get her own story? How much did this story change from your original vision if any? What do you plan on doing next? So many questions!


Diamond Tiara of The Royal Guard, Book I: Complete

5048073 she probly is, I mean, six years without letters, she's either dead, or in a coma

:twilightangry2: There are so many things I wanted to see wrapped up.
So many little threads...
Still, this is masterfully written, with a great sense of flow, and character.
You get one gold star. Seeing as I already gave it a thumbs up...:eeyup:

Another great chapter and...wait, is that a complete tag I see. It is! I guess I just have to wait till the sequel. You are planning a sequel right...right...right:applecry:

5048901 Yeah, makes me wonder a lot of things. I also wonder what this story would of been like if Aura wasn't allowed to go so nuts on Diamond, and stayed in the guard. What sort of story this would of become if Aura and DT got paired up with other ponies.

But, yeah, who knows what'll happen in the future. There's so much material here that you could make quite a few stories out of if they ever felt like expanding the universe. Even that extra storyline potential with Diamond's parents. Dinky and Rumble seem like they have stories to tell, but those two would likely end up as a lot clop tales lol.

This doesn't really seem done. I mean, yeah it accomplished the main goal I guess, but... It feels as if there should be more to the story. And not just as in a sequel. I mean, the story is call Diamond Tiara of the Royal Guard, but it's about Diamond Tiara becoming a royal guard. It had nothing to do with her actually being a guard. It had character development that really didn't add up to anything. Well, it did, but... I dunno, I just feel as if it was quick and to the point, without many of the easily discussed issues being brought up.

How will Diamond coup with her insanity, and will she ever bring it up to anyone?

Will her relationship last and will it really ever play into her decisions?

What is Aurora up to and will it effect DT and her squad? Possibly Applebloom or her father.

What challenges will she face as a guard?

Will all of Appleblooms' friends really be okay with her relationship with DT and how will it play out when she's battling her inner selves?

Why weren't any of these discussed now instead of later?

With all that is left open, I don't doubt that there could be a sequel. But, in my opinion at least, this story isn't really done yet. Maybe a title change would be easier. In the end, I still enjoyed the story. I never really approached DT like that, with her mother being out of the picture that is. It was refreshing to see a new out look on her. I liked the pacing at the begging, but feel as if it was rushed at the end.

I'm interested to see what happens in the possible sequel, but will be disappointed if there isn't one.

Brony on!

Would I be right in saying Diamond's mother is Suri Polomare? The description of her earlier in this story sounds a little like her but I suppose that Manehattan is full of self-important and self-absorbed would-be fashionistas.

You... are making a sequel right?

Is the sequel going to cover what this story didn't deliver on / left untouched? Since there were story lines in this that you didn't finish. You left one at the end intentionally open. Also the description of the story only covered on small section of the questions it asked / promised to answer. Which is why I was surprised to hear that it was "complete" when it barely finished the very first arc of the story [Deets gets into the Guards].

5048964

Actually it didn't really do what it set out to do.

No, now she wishes to become a member of the royal guard that serve and protect Princess Twilight Sparkle, and maybe some day, reach the rank of captain.

Does she have what it takes to become a guard and rise through the ranks? Or is she still too much of that little self-absorbed brat to do what is right?

Unlined sections accomplished. But She hasn't risen through the ranks. She's just made it in as a cadet / Private. And she's still struggling with the sides of her psyche telling her to screw everyone who isn't her. Other than Rich which has a side that says she owes him everything. So technically this story touched 1/3 - 1/2 of what it intended.

5050392 The second half of the first statement is a plausibility. Maybe she'll be captain, maybe not.

As for the second statement, it's mainly there to be a teaser. It's main goal was for her to become a guard. Most of the time the teasers are brought up and dealt with, but not always. It's rare, and usually frowned upon, but it happens.

Brony on!

5050933


I hate teasers that are only hooks, but never get resolved. That, and while yes she did get into the guard. The story also left a lot undealt with, and lots of holes that didn't get covered.

Is there going to be a sequel?

5051355
I have now made a blog entry sort of dealing with that very question.

5050950 I completely agree. Hopefully there is a sequel that will tie it all up.

Brony on!

:fluttercry: Er... there's something that's missing. It's something that's...um.... :fluttershyouch: er.... critically important?

The farm mare gave the new guardmare a bump with her should.

Um... Er... Is the 'er' in shoulder important? I don't know. :fluttershysad: Please don't be mad/sad. :fluttercry:

5048073

If we're talking about DT's lady mother, we know in Chapter 23 that she abandoned her family to try to become a fashion designer in Manehatten. Honestly, if our dear Author continues this tale in a sequel story, it'd be a fine bit of drama to find out what exactly happened.

It could be that she indeed did die and the news wasn't passed on to nearest kin/family. After all, what kind of person would abandon a family to follow a dream, but then not keep in touch for eight years? :rainbowderp: What kind of person indeed? :rainbowhuh: (To be even more blatant, if there is a sequel series and she's still alive, that sort of interaction would be a gold mine of things.)

Hmm...nice ending. Plenty of material still possible for sequel series. Other stories with which to sate my thirst until a sequel story does crop up.

:ajbemused:.........

:ajsmug:....oh what they hay! Commencing stalking procedures and following!

Are you gonna make a sequel? Cause, well, i'm a worldbuilding nut... and following an ambitious royal guardsman is a quick inroad to worldbuilding...

Plus I rather enjoy you writing style and the concept.

Sweet story, can I please have another?:twilightsmile:

You know, reading the last five chapters in one go seemed to be a pretty good and unintentional idea.

Woo, good read. I left this accumulating updates in my favorites list and then binged it lol. The result wasn't bad.

Sequel: Apple Bloom trying to hook up her sister and DT's father. (I forget, Applejack is unattached, right?)

5078401
Okay. Got them all... I think.
As for your idea, Applejack is in a relationship. In point, she has at least one child: Greenie Smith Apple, who is sometimes called "Little Green."

5078597 Ah, right.
Is "in point" short for "in point of fact"?

I reckon twilight should have made her guard captain after fighting that mantacore. Seriously. The mane six fought one and only won because of fluttershy.

That was great story :pinkiesmile: I just did a binge reading of it in one day :rainbowlaugh: I think I like this version of DT I have read others with her being redeemed but I for one thought that this one was the best :twilightsmile: I look forward to seeing the sequels that come fourth :twilightblush: A well written story and well done. :twilightsmile:

Rumble's own eyes flicked toward Dinky as he tensed, wondering what in Equestria she was giggling to herself about now. His wings flicked, causing him to wince. The bandaged wing no longer hurt, but it still had to stay wrapped for a few more days. He was grateful that it was just twisted and sprained. If it was this annoying to have it like this, he would hate to experience what it was like to actually have it broken and in a cast for however long was necessary.

Agreed.

Gritting her teeth, Diamond Tiara shifted as she tried to ignore the damn itching. When the manticore's stinger had pierced her armor, it had caused the metal to twist, digging into her flank. Diamond Tiara had pulled the stinger out, but had not realized the armor was pressing into her flesh. Each step and movement had caused the sharp edges to cut and chew into her flank, and it just so happened to be right on her cutie mark. So where there had once been a diamond studded silver tiara was now a mass of black stitches, holding together the torn flesh to help it heal. Unfortunately, the cutie mark was destroyed, and she was going to have scars on her flank (a fact which reminded Diamond Tiara of a certain version of herself she saw in her dreams).

Interesting.

"I have something that will make it better for you," Diamond Tiara said, looking at the pair while she walked. "I'm going to be spending the time away from our room. So you two can have all the..." she looked around, noticing all the families (including some with foals) "...fun... you want without having to try and get me out of the place. Or waking me up again."
"You mean they were having sex with you sleeping in the same room?" a feminine voice asked.

Yep.

"Did they try to get you to join in?" a masculine voice called out.

Can't say I remember.

"Don't worry about it. I know about the two of them. I even have a very embarrassing story about them together if you want to hear it some time."
"I doubt she wants to hear about that," Rumble said, waving a hoof.
"I would," the dark gray stallion interjected. "Something embarrassing happened to my little brother and I was never told about it? This is a travesty. You have to tell me all about it, Derpy."
"I would actually like to hear it," Diamond Tiara responded with a grin, "but another time. I have some ponies waiting for me."

Curses, I'd love to hear it.

"There's my girl," Filthy Rich said, hugging her back. "You know, it's still not too late to change your mind. You can leave the guard and come work at Barnyard Bargains."

You're persistent.

"Considering what has happened," Filthy Rich said, "you can't blame a father for worrying. By the way, I have something for you."

Fair enough.

The response piqued the curiosity of Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom. Diamond Tiara looked at the package as she removed the paper. The box -- which looked to be covered in black velvet -- had a square length and width, about the size of a necklace that had the clasp closed. Except it was too tall, three or four times the height. After stroking a hoof along the soft velvet of the top, Diamond Tiara opened the box.
The sight made Diamond Tiara gasp out, her eyes starting to tear up.
"Is that your crown?" Apple Bloom asked, staring at it.
Taking a hold of the diamond studded silver tiara, Diamond Tiara lifted it out of the box and checked the inside. Sure enough, there was the inscription, including her initials.
It had been the only thing she had with her when she left home after fighting with her father. The last time she had seen it was the day she had stormed off from Sweet Apple Acres. Since she felt like she could neither go back to the farm, nor go home, she had to do something when she needed bits for food and a place to sleep. Seeing little other choice, Diamond Tiara had taken it to a jewelry shop to see what she could get for it.
She turned to look at her father.
"How...how..."
"My secretary told me," Filthy Rich answered. "Saw the tiara in the window and mentioned it to me. Checked on it myself. Thought you would like it back."

You're a good stallion Filthy Rich.

"Yeah," Diamond Tiara answered with a nod. "I can't wear it while on duty anyways, and don't really have a place to store it. I know you'll keep it safe."

She's got a point.

"That's what he said," Diamond Tiara replied. "Guess he's finally going to divorce her."
"You don't think she's going to come back?"
"He hasn't talked to her in eight years. I don't remember how long it has been since I have, but probably close to the same. She's not coming back."

Probably not, no.

"Does that mean he hasn't dated anypony in nearly a decade?"
"Like I told you," Diamond Tiara said as she resumed walking, "if he wasn't trying his best to be a good father to me, he was busy with work."
Apple Bloom smiled and moved to catch up with Diamond Tiara. The farm mare gave the new guardmare a bump with her shoulder.
"Considering how you're turning out," Apple Bloom said, "I think he did a pretty good job."

Daaw.

Great story. Though, I thought it felt like it ended a bit abruptly. Downloaded it, read the whole thing, and was like "Wow, I wonder when the next chapter is coming out... WHAT?! It's already completed...?"

Is there a possible sequel coming? The issues with Aura and DT's mother still needs to be resolved...

Fun story, but definitely needs a sequel. Thanks for the good read though. :twilightsmile: Have a fave!

Nice story, wish it was longer, also could use a sequel :twilightsmile:

nice story, where the comedy? :applejackunsure:
I enjoy it, I just did not laugh at all.

6481086

True, in fact, a lot of things in life are flammable, even I am flammeable, dear bronies, but that is called murder, dear bronies, and is generally frowned upon in my civilised societies.

Okay, as it, this story is great; totally worth the 10 :yay:s.
It had action, drama, comedy, some suspense, a (mostly) satisfying ending... a great twist of fate for Diamond, i must say.
Like i said, 10 points on the :yay:itude meter and an entirely apropos
img05.deviantart.net/4a19/i/2016/131/e/c/my_little_show___badass_seal_of_approval_by_crisostomo_ibarra-da269yt.png

If you were to continue? I'd be reading right along. I wonder what will happen next?

8322560
Yes, I've worked with it. But a stallion does not have the same hardness. And if we put this fic in the anatomically correct. The penis pony would not have the size to get stuck. But we're talking about a fic. As some + 18 author likes to make the stallion's penis thicker than the stallion's own leg. So I can not tell what's right or wrong in this fic =)

9838113
What scene? I think I would have remembered something like that in Captain America

Login or register to comment