Twilight's Library 4,833 members · 6,260 stories
Comments ( 258 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 258

Well, looks like I'm gonna promote myself as well. Shamelessly might I add.

Crossfire

Equestria has been a desert wasteland for longer than anyone can remember. The only city that remains untouched by the sands of destruction is Canterlot, where the Royal Princesses reside in safety. However, the harsh climate of the Equestrian Desert isn't the only thing on their minds. A notorious desert gang known as the Wasteland Bandits prowl the sandy seas, preying on the innocent and the weak. When three Canterlot agents enter the Oasis Inn in search of answers, they'll get more than they bargained for…

It's a modern Western one-shot that I'm currently writing a couple more stories on. Trying to get said stories to break 10k.

Unraveled is a new story I wrote. You should read it, not only because I wrote it, but because science.

This one's already in the Library, as well as my own (and on Canterlot's Finest), but it needs more love! Be warned, it is an Epic, as well as epic.

"The Dusk Guard: Rise"

Plus it's got some sweet side stories that go with it.

Ooh, another place to shamelessly promote! Might as well just put down all my stories! (Relax, I only have three.)

CMC Changeling Protectors

Closure

This is Why, Shining Armor!

I know my work has already seen a lot of eyes, but I'd love it to maybe see more.

A Fleeting Light in the Darkness

It's sequel: A Glimmer of Hope in the Black

Princess Celestia: The Changeling Queen

In which I turn her majesty Princess Celestia into a changeling queen.

A couple of stories I plan to submit once it's back open:
Kinds of Love
By far my most popular story (it's not even close), but new readers is always nice. Long story short, Cadance gets curious of what relationships are like from other points of view and decides to experiment using a genderswapping spell. Slice of married life hijinks, and a decent amount of clop.

It's side story: Kinds of Love: The World
A series of self contained short stories set around the same time, before, or after the events in Kinds of Love.

Well, what the hay...

1.) To Catch Up With the Sun

The Cutie Mark Crusaders tell Zecora how they earned their cutie marks. Zecora returns with a story of her own.

2.) Various Weaknesses

Short stories where I attempted to write stuff that makes me sick to my stomach. Inspired primarily by the music of the band Swans, as well as the writings of its frontman, Michael Gira.

Also this:

3.) Look Up

Based on the scene at the very end of "The Last Roundup": Pinkie Pie and Rarity are left stranded in the Badlands, their long and agonizing journey home requiring them to spend a night alone in the desert. It is here that the latter discovers a painful secret hidden beneath her friend's constant cheerful demeanor.

Despite not being the one famous for bringing a smile to everypony's face wherever she goes, the exhausted (and most unacceptably filthy) fashionista does everything in her power to make her happy again...

Huh. I missed this. But since its still good, guess I'll through a story down. Some in here looked pretty good too.

Empress Rarity's 250th Birthday

Nearly 200 years have passed since Rarity Belle merged with the Crystal Heart and took the throne of the Crystal Empire. Empress Rarity took charge of the Empire and, through her care, wisdom, and strength, the Empire has flourished like never before. Now she stands as not a ruler of a sub-country, but the monarch of a rising super power.

Today though, is the Empress' Birthday. Lady Merry Sapphire, Personal Assistant to the Empress, is determined to make this the best birthday Rarity has ever had. Little does she know, that not everypony shares her enthusiasm for today.

Might as well post what I consider to be my best stories so far.

Freemane's Mind

Gorwin Freemane is a pony who never got the memo about the Harmony that binds all of Equestria together. Or perhaps he's more in tune with the Elements of Disharmony, if there is such a thing. Whatever the case, he's as happy as can be when he's left on his own to do whatever he wants, which usually means avoiding the world around him and making plans for getting rich. It's a good thing he has a very bright mind. A very bright and active mind that helps as much as hinders him on his journeys to find the two things he loves: peace and bits.

In this firsthoof account, Dr. Freemane tells us about the places he's been, the things he did and the ponies that got in his way.

Luna's Trophies

Princess Luna pays a visit to her prized trophies. They are the tangible result of her greatest accomplishments and serve as an inspiration for what she's doing, even if she had imagined a different future. When she's interrupted and faces a loss of more than just the trophies, her true nature begins to show.

Batpony Quarantine

A batpony in quarantine is beginning to transform. Already removed from his family, he now faces the fear of losing his younger brother as well, but with the help of fellow batponies, who have already gone through the transformation, he finds the courage to face his new life head on. On the way, he reminisces of how the current state of their lives came to be and wonders what the future holds. The answers he gets are as wonderful as they are frightening.

Journey is my newest and biggest story so far. My first story, who isn't translated fully into English, was finished with 80 chapters. In my head Journey will end around 180 chapters. Its a big adventure about love, hate, racism, war, gods and all the things you can imagine. Here the description:

Albion, a planet we only could describe as a mystery. Inhabited by gryphons, minotaurs, jackals, diamond dogs, horses, zebras and ponies. And as if this wasn’t enough, they are all intelligent, each race with their own culture and history which makes Albion a world full of myths, magic and mysteries.

Between these races are walking creatures that don’t seem to belong there. They move in the shadows, often feared by the people. Yet one of those shadows is searching for answers. Why is he here? How does the world work the way it does. And most importantly: How does he get home?

This is what forces the shadow to step into the light and face the questions haunting his soul. But one thing is for sure: the answers he seeks to find will not always be pleasing.

Info:
This is not a self-insert. The protagonist is neither the chosen one, nor is he the lost element or some other lost power which would attract six certain ponies to like him for no reason. Actually, he is quite the opposite. He doesn’t want to be a hero, has his own head and in the course of this LONG story, he will have to deal with things he did NOT sign up for.

I write this story in German, and with the help of a few people it will be translated fully into English. 1 chapter a week. I hope I could arouse some interest. Maybe I will see you soon?

I'm waiting for the long-runners folder to open. I'll drop this here in case I miss it because school or something
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/87860/the-earth-ponies

Because everybody feels like the Earth Ponies got jipped when it came to the magic handouts.

Another sequel to Let Them Eat Cake and A pie Worth Makin', called You Can't Take the Sky from Me.

While practicing a new trick, Rainbow Dash considers why she flies.

Story link

The Celestia Code

Princess Twilight Sparkle discovers a centuries-old mystery hidden in the Royal Archives. Her investigation leads through layer after layer of deception and misdirection, setting her hooves on a path that seems to be leading to a mysterious secret. Along the way, she learns that some friendships can be very, very strange.

An adventure story with a lost civilization and changelings... that may somehow be connected.

Just get into the feature box, just get into the feature box...

In all seriousness, though, this is a long-form political drama comedy. If any of those words scare you, then you are a smarter man than I.

Hmm.... Shameless self promotion. I can handle that.
Oh, look, here's a nice little dark adventure epic sitting waaay over in the corner. It could use a little attention.
The Balance of Harmoy

I have two I wish to promote.

My multi chapter adventure fiction: Harmony Undone: The Rise of Order.

and a slice of life fiction: Those Who Hunt.

I thank anyone who takes the time to read them.

The Ballad of the Two Sisters.

It requires love and affection - that's about half a year of work.

Jokers Wild

Description: A vacation for a loyal member of the Equestrian Royal Court leaves the Mane 6 pondering about the odd yet enthusiastic man. Why does he always wear that mask, and what are his true emotions that it hides? (Humanized Ponies Warning)

Always looking for feedback and criticism for this one. Just finished the most recent rounds of editing, thanks to advise from many good people already. Thank you for your time, and as always, have a great day. :pinkiehappy:

Good day, Contributors and Admins of Twilight's Library.

I currently have a story in the incoming folder (long-runners) called The Equestria Games: Flight of the Pegasi. It is my first attempt at writing an episodic-style story, one that could actually be made into an episode by DHX. Not saying that they should, but that I believe they could.

Not exactly a long-runner (just over 14k words) so it shouldn't take much time. I've had a thorough review from WRITE and multiple pre-readers/editors to help me. It is currently awaiting a commissioned cover art, as well as individual images for each chapter (two of which have already been delivered). Also currently in the Equestria Daily queue, awaiting assessment.

I do hope you like it :twilightsmile:

Adren

I find myself here to promote my most recent work of literature, The Sawflank Redemption. As you may have guessed, it's an adaptation of the great film, The Shawshank Redemption.

My story casts Twilight Sparkle as an unfortunate mare convicted of killing her lover and her lover's lover. She's sent to Sawflank to serve two consecutive life sentences for her crimes. Warden Celestia instantly takes a liking to her "newest student" and finds ways to exploit her intelligence. While giving off the appearance of a pious, gentle, reform-minded individual, Celestia is truthfully the definition of sadistic.

Twilight befriends a longtime inmate that goes by the name RD, and she helps Twilight learn the ins and outs of the prison. Pinkie Pie, Octavia, and Vinyl are part of RD's crew, and they eventually welcome Twilight as one of them. But they can't protect her from the evil Chief of Guards, Rarity, or the king of the Sodomites, The Great and Powerful Trixie.

The other members of the mane 6 all make appearances in roles that suit them perfectly. This is not a cut and paste story, I assure you. With the exception of the trial at the beginning, the dialogue is scripted in a way that perfectly reflects the character of the canon mane 6 (and even the beginning wasn't that bad).

So just please give it a look, and don't assume that all I did was change names around from the original.

Rainbow Burger

It's an AU, dark comedy. I don't get enough traffic to it. It made a shallow first impression, but I've worked on it since then. Got a rage review coming up soon. :pinkiehappy:

I s'pose I'll put mine here; it's going to be a long-runner, and I've only published the first chapter.
Daring Do and the Griffin's Goblet.
So far, it has a manticore, a Chekov's cloud, and many, many bees.
And did I mention I have a weird sense of humor?

Seems like it'll be a while until the folder opens, so might as well show it off here.

The Queen of Hearts

Revenge. It has been the only thing on Chrysalis’s mind during the months of her exile. What should have been her greatest triumph turned out to be her ultimate downfall. After months of waiting, she has at last developed a plot to win back the support of the changelings and take over Equestria: Run a dating service.

Disguised as the lovely unicorn Cherub, she starts up her business, ready to reclaim what she had lost. However, she soon discovers that the dating world is not as simple as it appears. Realizing that she cannot do this alone, she is forced to seek help from the most unlikely of sources.

Yes, you just read that. Chrysalis runs a dating service and ends up being stuck with Pinkie Pie for help. However, don't immediately assume this is just some wacky comedy. This story contains deep character development, changeling world building, disgusting jelly doughnuts, robot uprisings, Pinkie's theory of where babies come from, and even original pairings. If you're a Chrysalis fan, I strongly suggest giving this a read.

Warning: Chapters are long!

Don't hurt me, Just take it. Falls and Follies of a Princess is a dark fanfiction featuring a rebellion against Celestia set over 1000 years ago, shortly after beating Discord.

Since the Longshots sub-folder is closed at the time being, I guess I'll drop this by for anyone's consideration:
Magi Chronicles: Fires of Equestria

Short Synopsis
"Facing the brink of war, a lone individual is sent out from his homeworld to an unknown destination, in order to protect the ancestral traditions passed down to him. What he didn't realize was that the world he was sent to had been kept secret-- hidden away from the eyes of the civilization since the re-birth of the universal bonds.

His trials would, soon, test him of his strength of heart and purity of soul. Will he be able to survive the 'terror beyond the stars,' and gain the undying gift of friendship, or will he let his enemy shroud the unfamiliar world of Equestria into chaos?

Equestria's magic and the Magi Civilization's elements collide in this gripping sci-fi tale of survival and enlightenment."

Feedback and criticism is highly encouraged. There are a lot of wonderful people here on FiMFiction, and I'd love to hear from you folks at one point or another :twilightsmile:

Well, I'm waiting for the folder to open up, so why the heck not? Here's my first FIMFic:

Resuscitatio Artium Magicarum

Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human.

Tartarus: the fabled prison said to hold all of the demons of Equus at bay.

Few truly know what lies behind the impenetrable doors Cerberus guards. Some say that it is a pit, infinite in it's depth and darkness, from which there is no return. Other claim it to be a hellish plain, filled with fire and pain and suffering, to punish the demons for their sins.

All of them are wrong.

Tartarus is small. An inescapable cell for a single prisoner. But the tales about it's purpose are not false.

For this captive human holds the key to unleashing upon Equestria forces which have not been seen for centuries, forces which predate Equestria by many an age.

And soon, he shall be free.

Technically not my story, but the author recently had it transferred to my account because he decided to leave the fandom and was going to just delete it. However, I intend to expand on the story... eventually.

Red Eye Tags: Dark, Romance, Tradgedy, Sad, AU.

After an undead creature attacks Apple Bloom, Princess Celestia sends Fluttershy to attempt to reform the assailant. That brief contact leaves an irreversible mark on Fluttershy's life. Follow her descent into a whirlwind of misery and despair.

All the art in the story was done by Aisu-isme on DeviantArt. (The Creepy Ponies girl.)

Shameless huckstering self-promotion? Don't mind if I do!

Born In Equestria

Read this story here, my good fellow pony fans! Not only is it the riveting tale of the trials and dilemmas faced by a pony returning home from a life-altering experience, it's also a potent aphrodisiac guaranteed* to make you irresistible, a sure-fire* tonic for all common ailments, will double* engine life when added to your motor oil, and is available to you right now for free*!

* - no guarantees of suitability for any particular purpose, express or implied, should be construed as being offered. Product should not be used as a substitute for common sense. Product has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not a drug, and may not be effective in treating any medical condition. Product is not intended for all engines, and may shorten service life of unsuited engines, see owner's manual for details and specific instructions. No liability is assumed for damage resulting from improper or incorrect use. No refunds under any circumstances.

Hey, give some love for one of the seemingly under appreciated shippings on this website, FirexDash, and give your love to One Minute to Impact. It is a sad shipfic where Rainbow crashes into Spitfire, and the rest of the time is spent in the hospital. It is sad, and serious guilt and shame is felt by the two. Please, give it a look over.

Of The Last Millennium, by me! I considered a subtitle along the lines of "a post-Said historian reconsiders Equestrian history", but that's just way too pretentious and completely irrelevant at this point.

Comment posted by Black sun and white mist deleted Apr 5th, 2014

Oops. I'm so embarrassed for deleting three comments! Oh well. I want to promote my unfinished storyEclipse. Thanks!

My first shot at random comedy, that people seem to enjoy thus far:

Celestia Discovers Chipotle

What happens when a burrito gets transported to Equestria? Good-tasting, mouth-watering shenanigans.

Eclipse
Don't forget the "https://" part of the hyperlink :raritywink:

Again I find myself here to promote more of my literature. If you're looking for something intriguing, please check out Sleight of Hoof. It's about one pony's encounter with a bizarre thief who claims he can steal anything.

Ah, why not.

My Little Pony: The Entities of Emotion

After being freed from their bonds, the Emotional Entities seek out a world where they can live in peace and harmony. What better place to live than Equestria, a land which embodies the very powers of will, hope, compassion, and love. But can the entities of the Emotional Spectrum fit in with the pony race? And can they truly escape the turmoil of the universe they left behind, or will a new War of Light be ignited?

Story about unicorn supremacy and whether magic can really solve anything: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/176148/deus-ex-machina

Woo hoo for shameless self promotion
I know HiE's are frowned upon, but here it is!
My Little Pony: Friendship is Human (Season 1)
Its about a guy that is similar to me but you know, he's pretty insane, and he does romance and pony stuff

Comment posted by Smaug the Golden deleted May 20th, 2014

Well, I have quite a few stories I'd like comments on...

A Kingdom Divided, an adventure/tragedy story about a civil war in Equestria. Also has a prequel called The Nest.

Of Rocks and Wubs and Rock My Life, shipfics about Maud Pie and Vinyl Scratch.

Way To Go, Minuette, Way To Go!, a comedy/adventure fic, featuring a snarky, first-person protagonist.

Crow Maud, a dark story inspired by Nick Cave's Murder Ballads.

Also, I have two mature stories to share, Creation (a HP Lovecraft inspired story, starring Vinyl Scratch), and Berry Punch Takes Manehattan (comedy with trace amounts of clop)

Do you like chess? Why yes, of course you do, everyone likes chess. I also know for a fact that everyone likes Sunbutt and Moonbutt. So read this: Strategic

Or the actual hook works, too:
As day ends and night begins, there is a brief window of time in which the two royal sisters meet on equal terms, neither one firmly in complete control.

In these times of quiet reflection with one another, their minds and their hearts can truly meet most closely. This is when they see each other the most clearly, here in the trading and in the game they play.

I dislike self-promotion, however I would like to draw some attention to my story, La Montagne Québécoise. The plot is hard to describe, and done poorly so in the description, but if you like good character development, suspense, action, or basic philosophy, and could take a look at it, it would be much appreciated :twilightsmile:

Welp, time to hop onto the bandwagon too. I would proudly like to promote my latest finished story, A simple test from the bureaucracy of Equestria, as many seem to enjoy it but it can never hurt to get more attention!
A simple story of Luna trying to adept to the new world she is in.

I'd submit this to the group if it were open right now, because I think it's pretty good.

Walking Through Fire
Princess Celestia is sometimes an enigma. What is it with her and tea? Why doesn't she drink cider? And how will she react when Twilight Sparkle confesses that she has a crush on her former mentor?

The Path I Tread. A lone being wanders through the remains of his home, wondering about the past and what if it was worth what he has endured for something that lasted only a few years. It's the only story I've written so far that I think that I want to submit. I have no idea if you will like it, but I would love to hear some feedback on it.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 258