The Writers' Group 9,292 members · 56,406 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36

Just a question that popped into my head after looking at the chapter count of one of my own fics. :V

I dunno, but this one has over 900 chapters

[Adult story embed hidden]

It's been dead for about 5 years tho
Can't say for certain it's the longest, but it's damn well the longest I know of lol

I noticed. I was just about to edit my post mentioning that fic.

Unless something's changed, I believe Fimfiction has a 1000-chapter limit. Two stories at least have reached that limit.

TThe Olden World
Equestrian culture loves cutie marks. Filly Starlight Glimmer hates them and never wants one. So, she leaves Equestria.
Czar_Yoshi · 2m words  ·  388  21 · 8.3k views
TAppledashery
Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.
Just Essay · 1m words  ·  808  106 · 17k views

Oh geez, that's insane

Oh dang, a thousand's the hard limit? Maybe that's why The Chase hasn't updated.

Nah, it still has a fair amount to go until it reaches that limit, just looks like the writer had other things in life to deal with instead of continuing to update it.

Also means that there's under a year's worth of updates left for my what if fic >.>

Unless something's changed--the only source I can find off the top of my head talking about this is from 2016, so who knows--yeah, Fimfiction takes away the new chapter button if you have 1000.

I actually just checked, the guy still writes stuff and was last on ten minutes ago, so maybe they just lost interest

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, you could always do a sequel at that point, I suppose.

Spotted a 314 chapter story, but I guess that's tiny by these standards...

TSAPR
Sunset, Jaune, Pyrrha and Ruby are Team SAPR, and together they fight to defeat the malice of Salem, uncover the truth about Ruby's past and fill the emptiness within their souls.
Scipio Smith · 4m words  ·  1,081  98 · 21k views

--Sweetie Belle

Oh yeah, I'm definitely doing a What If 2 electric boogaloo when the time comes.

[Adult story embed hidden]

Behold, and despair. Maybe it isn't so bad by chapter count, but wordcount honestly means so much more.

Tbh, I honestly cannot fathom why somebody would read something so ridiculously long.
I mean I guess I'm just lazy, since I don't tend to go through small books with 350 pages very fast, but still. It'd take me well over a decade probably to finish such a story :rainbowlaugh:

outside of the stuff i read by request on youtube, I really don't read much anything on fimfic anymore myself :P

I think it's Diaries at this point. Or at least it's close.

It's not like they uploaded it last week; the first chapter released eight and a half years ago.

... good lord. I've been reading that story for nearly a decade.

But you still read my stuff, right? Techie-senpai? :pinkiecrazy:

i have no idea anymore of what I've read

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I read one of your stories once!

...because it was about waffles. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

7510375 With the inclusion of its sequels, my novel has 89 chapters. But seeing the chapter count on the other fics in this thread, mine seems to wane in comparison.

No excuse but to read them all again then, right? :pinkiehappy:

Mmmm. Perhaps the secret to getting more readers is through their stomachs?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

From a quick analysis of the latest Fimfarchive, the top 20 published fics by chapter count are as follows:

* Appledashery by Just Essay (1000 chapters)
* The Olden World by Czar_Yoshi (1000 chapters)
* The Chase by kudzuhaiku (931 chapters)
* What If... by TheMajorTechie (629 chapters)
* Lateral Movement by Alzrius (596 chapters)
* The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab by Fuzzyfurvert (485 chapters)
* Airship Mauled by Darkonshadows (461 chapters)
* The Equestrian Odyssey - A Tale of Two Worlds by Kamahido (457 chapters)
* Ponywatching by ThunderTempest (449 chapters)
* My Little Pokémon by Amarvax (410 chapters)
* Group Precipitation by FanOfMostEverything (398 chapters)
* Blaze the Pony Tale by Wolven5 (394 chapters)
* The Behemoth came to Canterlot by Equimorto (391 chapters)
* Silver Glow's Journal by Admiral Biscuit (379 chapters)
* Dan Vs. The Magic of Friendship(Season 1) by Barrobroadcaster (376 chapters)
* Equestrian Fanfiction by Lise (370 chapters)
* Surviving Sand Island by The 24th Pegasus (342 chapters)
* Persona EG by MythrilMoth (330 chapters)
* Dadonequus Discord (Book 1) by CrazedLaughter (327 chapters)
* AppleDash Group Collab by DbzOrDie (324 chapters)

Wait. Surely SS&E isn’t the same person as Exploding Colon and Just Essay? Right? There’s no fuckin way for any one human to write that prolifically, right?

Right?

Oh, no, that's definitely not true. You're absolutely right about that.

Just Essay and Imploding Colon, though...

Giggles nervously.

Are SS&E, Just Essay, and Imploding Colon the same author? (I’m genuinely scared of the answer.)

SS&E would certainly have you believe so, yes. He's blogged about Colon and Essay's stories a bunch, and has those--and one other, actually--linked to from his user page under an "alts" section.

Soooo...yes, allegedly?

Pretty much any work would wane in comparison. Several of those monsters are longer than Dune and I don't just mean the first book.

Cool... can it do wordcount, too?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Word count is built into the site:
https://www.fimfiction.net/stories?order=words

--Sweetie Belle

Interesting - neither of the chapter-maxed ones are in the top ten.

Whoa, I didn't know there was a limit to the number of chapters a story can have. Note to self: if I try to write a 1m+ word story, don't be cheap with chapters' word counts by packing the story with 1k-2k chapters.

Not that It'll matter since I don't see myself writing a story that comes anywhere close to 1m words.

Funny to think that despite being the longest on the site, Diaries isn't on that list anywhere. Just goes to show how absurdly monstrous 300 chapters actually is.

At least you can write multi-chapters; I've yet to get out of one-shots. :raritydespair:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36