• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 21,016 Views, 1,265 Comments

A New Ending - kildeez



My name is Jason Wright. I have spent nearly five years in Equestria. I've been beaten, tortured, and starved for the crime of being different. Now, it's time for revenge.

Comments ( 196 )

Yeah, I felt this ending was left too open for the story to end there. Looking forward to what heartbreak and heartmend you come up with in the sequel, Deez, you rock.

7994083 Hopefully after a couple of personal projects

7994107 Shoot...thought I'd left things somewhat tied up...dammit

woo i love how he basically just said fuck celestia and her pardon but ill take that pinkie party invite although unless he doesnt go then i can respect him not caring about the ponies id do the same if i were him

Well, you finished it at least. And in the way you wanted to, good enough for me.

SRY
SRY #5 · Mar 3rd, 2017 · · ·

I wonder what kind of reception would a new human to Equestria get now?

Would love to see a sequel to this. Don't want it to end with the cliff hanger you just gave us.
But take your time if you need to.

7994129
That would be one hell of a story.
I wants it, my precious! :flutterrage:

Ah yes a pardon for what he's done.. I'm curious to see how the ponies denied their own justice will react.

That was truly awesome. Been waiting for this conclusion for a while, and it was worth it.

Would love to read more

au
i like this ending
he got a pardon which is...cool? i mean both sides were complete ...:pinkiegasp: holes to each other
but there was almost no reason until we found out about discords involvement.
which he now accepts..i think thats what i read, he accepts that he was not the only one fucked over
Discord messed with everyone's minds and nearly completely got away with it .
and while...not disappointing, it was interesting that he decides not to go back. I say it is not disappointing because in MOST stories the Villan goes '
'OH how wrong i am i need you guys bleh' yeah i know not all stories, but it is refreshing that he burns those bridges and just looks forward to his future and his people.

I loved the ending. That's pretty much all i gotta say, this whole story was great from the beginning to the end. If you do a sequel i will very much be looking forward to it then.

7994288

he kept the invitation thou, so its kinda open ended. we dont know what he is going to do but he is at least going to lead the changelings and not shirk his responsibilities

Well, I believe Jason made the right decision. Five years worth of scars, not only physical, isn't going to be healed so easily, if at all. Sequel? That's on the author. It doesn't matter to me either way.

7994305 Actually, he told the captain to get maintenance to clear out the trash and burn it. That isn't open-ended to me.

I also hope the part about the maggots wasn't really happening.:pinkiesick:

Kildeez, this was a fun read from start to finish. I enjoyed it a great deal. :twilightsmile:

Having the ponies try to reach out in reconciliation, to me, seemed far too soon on their part, given that it's only been a couple of weeks since the whole incident occurred. The emotional scars Jason has gotten over the past five years, along with the guilt of his soured crusade for justice are far too fresh for him to reasonably give the ponies the time of day they are asking for.

Whenever (if ever) a sequel comes about, I definitely look forward to where the story goes from here.

7994313
7994345

The captain nods. “Of course, sir, do you have any specific instructions for how this garbage is to be handled?”

“Burning.”

“Yes, sir, and, if I may be so forward?”

I cock an eyebrow at him. He pauses, and I follow suit, still watching him. The captain reaches up with a hoof and taps at my pocket, sliding down a corner with a brightly-colored “YOU” just barely visible.

“Ah, thanks captain.” I nod in gratitude.

He beams up at me. “You’re welcome, sir.”

he kept the invitation

Well, it's truly great to finally see this through to the end. Definitely not the clear cut grand finale I was hoping for, but you didn't leave us hanging with anything much either. So there is that. Those letters are a bit of a round about way of forgiving him and begging for forgiveness but that's not a horrible way to go about it. It does makes me wonder what he would eventually do but that in of itself is somewhat of a closure.

As for a sequel, I feel that would be hard to pull off and not because of post writing burnout. My best guess is that the only ways for there to be an effective sequel is one of several things:

1- the ponies refuse to accept his "no" to their invitations and go on a grand adventure to the changelings to convince him.

2- tirek invades, threatening to destroy the whole world and the human and changelings team up with the ponies to defeat him, they all become friends finally, all's well that ends well

3 - a new human arrives in equestria. the ponies, in an effort to absolve themselves OR prove to jason that they meant everything about forgiveness try extra hard to acclimate the new human and themselves toward each other but all that does is piss jason off enough to make him feel like invading again. With the threat of a newer greater invasion on the horizon, the new human has to choose which side; jason and the changelings who are definitely evil for invading a second time under the pretense of "rescuing" the new human, or choose the ponies who unintentionally (through discord) tortured jason long enough to turn him into a villain.

4- discord returns but is very different now and tries to undo all his mistakes by trying to end the strife between the ponies and changelings but its hard for him to do that because the princesses, in an effort to prove they want jason back try to make a show of it by punishing discord and now the tables have turned and discord is a fugitive.

well those are some ideas but hey im not actually try to say "hey make a sequel now using one of those!" or anything like that. just that if you do, those are some ideas you're welcome to pick apart with.

Sorry for the rant. Anyways, thank you very much for a truly great and entertaining story! I wish you well and best of luck to you and any other stories you might try your hands on! Farewell!

7994386

see this guy gets it, its the little things that people miss. good work man

7994386 Oh, I missed that. Thanks!

Sequel idea: There was a coup de'tat in Equestria and the Princesses, the elements, their friends, and family were exiled. The new government of Equestria still has not forgiven Jason and still demands his head. They build up their military and a war ensues.

Jason had to make a choice however, should he let the exiled into his kingdom, or should he leave them out with the possibility they might die.

Eagerly waiting for a sequel, no matter how long it takes!

sequel please.

still feel spike should have been told, still good ending.

7994305
Is that what happened?
Hold on....
OOOH I thought the changeling took that letter to be burned too
Welp my ops

This was awesome!!!!
PLEASE DO A SEQUEL!!!!!!! :raritystarry::pinkiehappy::heart::scootangel:

7994878

*comfort* its ok, i miss stuff in stories too and have to go back, but that just means i get to enjoy the story a second time!

That invite in conjunction with that condescending 'pardon' just screams a trap.

This was a truley brilliant fic, i do so hope there will be a sequal.

7994386

Across the top, in pink, curlicue script, are the words “YOU’RE INVITED” sprawled out nice and large.

I was wonder what the hell the "YOU" was that the captain pointed out. Okay, now I can see a reason for a sequel... maybe. After all, the pardon is still going to the flames.

Maybe a sequel about the new Equestria? After all, I still want to know how the town of Ponyville, and the rest of Equestria, takes finding out the reason for Jason's rampage of rage.

Jeez,the letter basically says
"Yea,sorry for fucking you over these few years.How bout we be friends and forget this shit,no? We're actually pretty chill once you know us,so let's throw this whole thing and forgive n forget.I know were assholes,but forgive us anyways."
Jesus Christ they're stupid

7994535
7994400
I have seen many, MANY HIE stories, and have never seen anyone write a story where another human comes to Equestria done right after the first human, this story not only can do it and well, and that's because it needs it.
a squeal with just Jason perceptive again would be a waste.

However all these ideas above TOGETHER will lead to a happier or at least bittersweet ending.
I don't like to comment on stories on fan-fictions because I don't wish to influence the writer to do something they don't love, I wouldn't want that, so I want do that to others.

This story I must make an exception to voice my opinion.

The idea of another human coming to equestria now would be awesome, it would even more awesome if said human was the best friend/brother of Jason.

I'll end off this comment with my pich for a squeal.

Second human lands in ponyville, mane six and the others witness his arrival, takes this as the universe giving them a second chance at redemption, the ghost of discord, ( his plan B or something ) guides the human across equestria to save it and unit all through the power of friendship ( yeah yeah I know ), the mane 6 and the princess are betrayed by the people and are forced into exile with the human and set on a quest to re unit equestria by stop a rising evil.

How the second human ( let's just call him anon for now ) helps equestria, the pony's, Jason, the changelings and stop the rising darkness is anything, but it's my hope that he will prove that humans can co exist will all life, and show everyone, everyone deserves a second.

Thank you Kildeez for a great party, hope you got another one planned down the road, until next may your fingers never quit, bye bye.

:derpytongue2:

I would have liked for him to have sent a message back in response...

"Letter received.

Request denied. "

Perhaps with an addition of "Do no harm to my subjects, and I will not need to seek further retribution."

Regardless of how you slice it, he is now the ruler of the changelings. And as their ruler, it is his duty to take care of and protect his subjects. Unless that letter included a pardon / peace treaty for the entirety of his Empire, it's his duty to tell her where to shove it. Does she really expect him to say "Sure, sounds like fun!" And then abandon his people to go make nice with the ponies who spent five years torturing him and whose homes he torched?

This is one of my favourite story. I hope you make a sequel.

giz
giz #40 · Mar 4th, 2017 · · 1 ·

7995225 She liberates a being, who plays with the lives of mortals as if they were toys,
Without a way to restrict and monitor it, things could have been much worse.

She talks to finish cycles, but she started this and they all paid the price of their innocence.
And the more fun their little ponies only blame the human, they can not see that their ruler was wrong.

kildeez Good end, although I still feel that the ponies want to sweep everything under the carpet and wash their hands


7995245 The most similar is this

good story from start to finish. if you can could you do one where he is very old and/or on his death bed I would like to see Tia's reaction and his too.

Yeah, I ultimately have to give this a downvote. It wasn't a terrible story, and there were parts I liked, but the payoff to all the drama was a contrived mess. :applejackunsure:

7995274 I like the idea of him suing for peace.

Just show up in canterlot with a group of changing guards March into court and "we are suing for peace, here are a list of our demands and concessions. They are open for debate."

I can't make a good judgement call on this one. On one hand he did go through quite a bit of misery for a good while, but on the other hand . . . Celestia's right, the cycle of hatred has to stop somewhere otherwise it just never stops. I've never been in a situation like Jason so I can't say what I would've done. Maybe I would've stuck to Equestria hoping that one day I'd be accepted, maybe move to one of the other races territories and try my luck there. But in the end things ended the way they did and the only thing to do now is see if it ends here or continues on in another story.

Oh no, the formatting is all messed up from the doc! :twilightoops:

deeed22 #46 · Mar 4th, 2017 · · 2 ·

This story gives me mixed thoughts. I feel that he should feel some sympathy for what he has done since the ponies weren't in "Total" control but not let Discords death hang or bother him (He had it coming, doesn't matter what happens. 5 years of torture is still torture).

Celestia seeks peace but I notice that it's only for him and not his kingdom. Not to mention that the other elements (especially Twilight and Fluttershy), now feel justified in hating him due to the death of "discord" despite him "guiding" them and the torture of a innocent. Can't help but get that vibe, that if a sequel is gonna be done. It's gonna be a new cycle where the elements are now going to be out for him and etc.

Personally, I would have just burnt the letter and the invite and just forget about them and moved on with my life.

7995546 Yeah, screw Gdocs man.

To me, the pardon seems disingenuous. While I agree with Celestia in stating that the cycle of hatred has to stop, She, herself, said that ponies are calling for his head. That tells me that they still don't know what Jason has gone through or that they don't care and are more focused on their pain. Even if Jason accepted the pardon, he would still be an outcast. Even more so now because of his action even if he was right. The pardon feels like nothing more than a way to appease their feelings rather than help Jason. They failed to live to their ideals and Jason is living proof of that

I'm also willing to bet that the elements did not tell anyone from Ponyville what they did. Hell, Ponyville is just as guilty. Pinkie should have known that after five years of torture no one would accept a party invite espeically since Ponyville is kind of gone right now. There have been too many hurt feelings. They made their bed, and now they must lie in it. If I were Jason, then I would be satisfied that justice has been served and the guilty has been punished. And the ponies should just accept that they hurt someone and they should learn from their mistake. Moving on is the best thing for everyone at this point.

7996412 now i agree with you but hear me out on this. lets say that all through high school you get bullied by this one guy. for four years you just bare it and move on to college and just put it behind you. than one day that bully finds you and has their head lowered and a bouquet of flowers. now you have every right to slug them in the face so you do, bam insta justice! however the bully still has the bouquet and still offers it to you and asks to talk so they can atone for their awful past. now the ball is in your court, the bully is trying to be a better person, to grow and change for good. do you stay locked in the past, unwilling to also grow and become better, or do you stay the path and become bitter or hateful?

7997344

Except that's not what's happening. What's happening is the bully's mom coming to forgive you for punching her kid while the bully's sitting in the car with a black eye and a knife.

Login or register to comment