• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 16,079 Views, 1,776 Comments

To Love a Pony - Shachza

Comments ( 160 )

You sonofaB! I stared at my newsfeed for 5 minutes trying to figure out when the heck I put a sonic fic in my tracking feed.

The only April fools joke that got me today 😆

Cutting it close with 15 minutes left in the day where I live at.

Edit: but yay! Next chapter!!

jxj
jxj #2 · Apr 2nd, 2018 · · ·

Well done, although I did almost unfollow it before figuring it out. That would have been a shame.

Wut.

126 foals. ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX FUCKING FOALS!?!??!??!





WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!??!??!?!




:derpyderp1:

*ahem* So I'm not sure if "ascending" was literal "Luna and Celestia used to be unicorns/pegasi/earth ponies", just them getting promoted to Princess, or Alex misunderstanding something.
But I'm really hoping once Alex has reached emotional equilibrium he'll ask about Luna, Celestia, and alicorns not living past 300....your world building is very interesting, even if it's suspect thanks to the language difference. Because really, I'm having a hard time believing that she's had 126 foals in 200+ years. Heck, a thousand years. Which then begs the question if unicorns raising the Sunmoon was ever a thing and

You know, dude, you could totally write a Sonic OC love story and I'd devour it just like this one. You're a skilled fucker.

I see you're improving more and more on how to depict a character on the verge of breaking apart. Reading through Alex's narrative feels extremely raw, compounded in my case by his vision being relatable: I LITERALLY, no exaggeration, can't see more than blurs part ten fucking inches from my nose without my glasses. Being mosty blinded is reason to panic, and on top of everything else? Hoo boy. Not even the embrace of the mother of Equestria can help much with that disgrace...

And speaking viscerally, from the liver, I hope Alex doesn't forgive Luna and rebuffs all attempts at contact from her.

ADDENDUM: Now to wait until I'm in my thirties for an exciting new chapter :P

8836113

ikr i was staring at the story for a good min to try and figure out when in the balls i read a sonic story on here after like 2 minutes i gave the story image a good hard look for about 30 secs before the background caught my eye and in my head i was going you SoB i got pranked lol :pinkiegasp:

JBL
JBL #7 · Apr 2nd, 2018 · · ·

The heavenly chimes of a descending angel it was not. Nor was it the soul-shaking resonance of a goddess manifest.

What?! You mean Fimfiction writers have been lying to me for years?!

JBL
JBL #8 · Apr 2nd, 2018 · · ·

8836321

And speaking viscerally, from the liver, I hope Alex doesn't forgive Luna and rebuffs all attempts at contact from her.

Hell, even his growing closeness to Arissa and his agreeing to meet with Celestia so soon (albeit reluctantly) and letting her touch him seems a bit too much at such an early juncture.

*looks at title*

You're a bastard. :twilightsmile:

8836321
I dunno, he seemed to have a lot of detail for being near sighted. Then again, I think I have 20-200 vision, which I have no idea how bad that is or how to compare it, so...

I wonder, if eventually, he'll be introduced to the other Bearers.

This was amazing. It's like the whole 'Chessmaster Celestia' thing, but she manipulated everything into an enormous tactical spaghetti spill, getting close enough and saying the right things so she could go all mother hen on Alex. :rainbowlaugh:

Taken with earlier information it makes perfect sense too, particularly now that Alex is infused with magical mojo. Celestia is supposed to be probably the most adept person in the world at perceiving the ebb and flow of harmony and working with it, so it makes sense that now that Alex is being made a part of that 'system' that she'd have a feel for what he needed and how to butt in just right to get access to both remove Luna's spell and give him hugses.

Also I lol'd when Alex got internally bitchy that he can't really even blame anyone in particular for his misery. C'est la vie.

10/10 would birbhug again. :trollestia:

That freaking title was perfect. You got me way too good.

Also this chapter was amazing.

Good work on keeping the story alive and well! I can only imagine how hard it must be keeping the same tone when years gone by between chapters, and the story seems to remain consistent in all the right ways. It's still the most interesting HiE scenarios I've read, with a lot of delicious details for us to soak in and explore. It's one of the strengths of a pony on earth story, in the sense that if you eventually switch it to a human in equestria scenario the reader will already be well invested in the characters and world building.

Such a beautiful romance, you could say this story has shown me da whey. :pinkiesad2:

i was scared i was getting a joke chapter even if it was only for one day...thank you for proving me wrong :3

Jesus that was intense.

Hm. I could have sworn he asked to see Celestia later.

Well I suppose that denying even the possibility that Sun Butt had a moral reason for seeing him would be crude. Even though Luna, and herself had made it abundantly clear that they can and will take anything and everything from him. If they feel like they have to. Which is so much better than want to right?

Also did Celestia just adopt him?

Edit: Now I remember!
I hope he realizes that Celestia played him like a fiddle. Even if she was nice about it afterward.

Removed this crap Sonic story from my feed, curled into a ball, and cried

for an hour.

Haven't read the updates yet. I'm assuming the abrupt and cancerous title change is an April fools thing?

Also, two years wait for an update is bad dude, even by FiMFiction standards.

8836809
She played him? How exactly?

Haaaah! You eeeevil evil man. I spent several minutes trying to remember how and when the hell i read any sonic fic. Good one. :rainbowlaugh:

8836931
Rest easy, Update ist legit

This is wonderful, it gets more exciting every chapter. :twilightsmile:

8835529
Oh my god, change the cover art back already

Also, you got so many dislikes today xD

8836267

Actually, wait.

It was a plot point early that measurements didn't translate, so why did 300 years? Why did 126 foal? Hell, why did 126, Equesor uses base 12! The only numbers that translated that I remember are those two incidents, so...

Slowly but steadily, it gets better^^

Hope to see the next chapter soner. I Don't mind if it's only 3-5K words.

more chapters plz, i burn through all in a day time, it needs more *addicted horse noises*

But silliness aside,this story is amazing. The most captivating partby far was both the hospital, and then the abduction. It was truly the shit hit the scram jet engine at mach 7, all dandy then bang.

The one thing that I worry about now if Luna is gonna show in his dream. If she do he Have to lash out I just don't know if he's smart enough to control his dream enough to defeat her.

Awesome Chapter I loved the par when Celestia changes Alex's diaper.

Could not help myself with a little "unapril fools"

In all seriousness I loved the chapters keep up the good work.

Obviously just as a joke.

Replace Episode and season with chapter.

8837291

8837291
Sorry but the spot that was mentioned in is a deleted scene. so ponies having a base number of twelve is not cannon in this fic.

I blinked, opening my mouth, again seeing hose teal slit-pupil eyes boring into my soul.

Those instead of hose?

This does clear up quite a bit, but Luna still waaaay overreacted. It was good to see more story, but one thing: you wrote almost a full quarter of the chapter describing the surroundings in incredibly exacting detail, but for what reason? Do not get me wrong, the detail was excellent and I could picture everything, but it slowed the chapter way down and it honestly felt... bulky. Still, another chapter to this fantastic story and hopefully there will not be a break of about 2 years before we see another one.

I really, REALLY want to see him 'go off' on Luna for her shit and maybe tell-off Twilight a bit too. She uas been barely helpful with anything, but sticking her nose into everything she can while providing very little helpful input. I like the doctor though. She is at least trying to be understanding.

Great chapter. It was satisfying to see things finally start to turn around for Alex. I say "finally" because it's been so long in real time, even if it hasn't been that long in story time. Alex getting the chance to explain some of what happened from his point of view felt like a major relief, and the way Celestia reacted, with the hug, was really touching.

Now I, like most, I assume, am anxious for Alex and Etherea to get to see each other again! Maybe Alex can visit Etherea in the hospital? After what they have both been through, I am hoping for a bit of an emotional reunion. At least a hug or something, even if they weren't quite "there yet" before Luna's rescue.

Other scenes I am eager to see include the FBI agents' report to their superiors (I know I saw someone else mention this in a recent comment too), and Alex explaining the existence of the cartoon and the online translator to Celestia and the other Equestrians! :pinkiehappy: After all, the whole misunderstanding with the text messages that led to Etherea first teleporting into Alex's world doesn't make sense without the context that she appeared to be claiming to be from a fictional world. (That sentence was a mouthful! I'd make a terrible author.)

I also find that I really want to see some of the ponies who are actually in the cartoon get to watch it. :rainbowlaugh: Even just Celestia and Twilight. Preferably with a translation spell that works on recorded voices so they can understand it. I realize there is a lot that would still have to happen first, but it would be fun to see.

Thank you again for the great story, and for sticking with it. I hope you can figure out a way to get your chapters out faster. Your setting has a ton of potential and I want to see it explored! Just remember, if Admiral Biscuit posted a chapter a day for a year straight, you can too! :eeyup:

Also, your link to the word list still says "Sonic Language Word List." :facehoof:

Comment posted by EliDog deleted Apr 3rd, 2018

I'm personally hoping at some point Discord pops up, if nothing else just to say, "boo!". But I want to see how he appears in this world. If I remember correctly Nightmare Moon was far, far worse in this world than in the cartoon (what was it? Twi spent two years planning for her return before it actually happened, or something like that?) and I can only imagine how different and disturbing that D would be here.

How do we classify Alex's issues here? PTSD? Eh, regardless, at least he's out of the dungeon. Now we just need to move on to the next shoe that's ready to drop: sharing the knowledge that Alex knows who the ponies are and how he knows. (And the fact that Celestia is on Alex's phone lock screen.)

I figure I should just enough time to go make popcorn before the next chapter, right?

nor did she ask me to jack off

That's more of a "third date" kind of thing you know...

8838502
That’s probably the closest possibility.

He’s crushing hard on a pony princess that may have had a crush on another stallion at the time.
He’s attacked by Luna.
His apartment blows up.
He’s questioned by the FBI.
Etherea comes back only to be shot at.
The pony he cares dearly about is on the ground, screaming in pain.
He tries to help.
Celestia and her guards see an unknown creature over a bleeding Etherea.
Alex thinks they’re going to execute him
He finds out Luna pretty much altered his brain.
And he knows he has no control over his life when he was in the dungeon.

Most of this happened within 24 hours. It’s a lot to come to terms with.

I think this side of Alex will go away once Etherea comes to see him. Like a reversal of roles. Etherea was the scared creature in an unknown world being comforted by Alex, now Alex is the scared creature in an unknown world and will hopefully be comforted by Etherea in the next chapter.

Things are finally starting to look up!
Wonder if anyone will draw the hug?
Keep going! ;)

8838741
"Here, fill this up?"
"That's a five-gallon jug!"
"Too small?"

I cannot express how satisfied I am with this chapter. After so much time, we finally have some clues to what happens to Alex during his stay !

Although I find his whole "issue bagage" to sometimes being... overplayed (and a good reason to keep the word count high:twilightsheepish: ), the whole story is a freaking page turner !

Now to patiently wait for the next chapters :)

I'm rather curious if Luna is going to regret her actions/try to make amends or be a bit of a hard ass if the two of them ever meet again (which I'm sure they will and it will be glorious :trollestia:)
Also wondering if Etherea is going to have a nice looking scar from the bullet...or not because magic :derpytongue2:

8836409
I can kind of understand his attachment to Arissa, a metaphorical rock in the storm. But I would have expected a bit more resistance towards Celestia and I certainly hope he doesn't forget/forgive Luna at all.

To many stories have events like this (although usually compressed into the first chapter or so) and then have the protagonist quickly forgive the perpetrators like it was nothing. I'd cling onto my anger and resentment to someone like Luna for a very long time.

exultant chapter i really like how you taking the time to get the little details in.

some how i see Luna getting slapped across the muzzle or punched in the nose, she deserves something for this BS she pulled.

Mhm... should this story be here ?Half-BreedHalf pony, half Human

Now i can not remember a more disgusting character like Alex among those who meet in ponifics.

8846718
Wow, even re-reading thrice, two of those being aloud; I still cannot understand what you were trying to say there. Something about not liking Alex, I guess? Why do you read this story if you loathe Alex so much?

@Shachza
I really like part two. Especially your portrayal of Celestia here - though the 126 foals thing caught me off guard - it was a nice combination of chessmaster/ mother Celestia...going, "Fuck Arissa, I am going to comfort this foal," Lick. Then worry about the repercussions. It was very Motherly, very natural; comfort first, apologize second, if necessary. Furthermore, I am now wondering if that was your way of introducing Celestia as his therapist? Being as harmonious as they are, does pony society even need dedicated therapists? Or is their species naturally inclined to being therapeutic to one another?

I still hold true to what I said about Twilight last chapter, but I am starting to really like Arissa. It's one thing to threaten Twilight in the process of defending Alex, but to be ready to stand up to Celestia is a whole other proposition. That takes stones. Now she just needs to give Luna a black eye when she comes calling and she will be best pony.

Alright, a question, if you don't mind. Is Arissa's behavior at all related to societal norms? I.e. does she feel the need to defend Alex, as a 'stallion'?

Holy Celestia it's been too long! I haven't read this story in three years (Since 2015) and all you have is two chapters?... I so sad >~< hopefully you will have more in the future? I love this story so much it would be a shame to not continue it

Login or register to comment