• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 8,957 Views, 1,391 Comments

Yes, My Lady - Tatsurou



Scootaloo must step into her inheritance, protecting Equestria from devious criminals and dark conspiracies alike, all while staying close to her friends. Thankfully, she's got the help of one devil of a butler.

  • ...
15
 1,391
 8,957

Chapter 43

When Rainbow finally came in for a landing, the Hyper-Sonic Rainboom (as she'd decided to call it) was a blazing sphere of rainbow light in the distance, the chunks of rock being tossed around by the shockwaves invisible at the distance. She gently set the fillies, the colt, the dragonling, and the stallion she was holding down as she looked up at the devastation she had wrought.

She was startled out of her reverie as Scootaloo cannoned into her, clinging to her tightly as her wings buzzed with excitement. "Rainbow, that was totally awesome!" she screamed out excitedly.

"You're telling me!" Apple Bloom added, and before long all the youngsters were clamoring about just how exciting the display was.

Rainbow chuckled, accepting the praise as she ruffled Scootaloo's mane. "I told you I'd be there when you needed me, Squirt," she offered affectionately. "And what's with the fancy duds? And the eyepatch?"

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon all giggled as Scootaloo rubbed the back of her head. "That's a long story Rainbow..."

"Would my lady and her friends care for a bath?" Sebastian suddenly spoke up from behind them. "It appears there was some...spatter."

Rainbow yelped as she spun around to face him. "How did you get here ahead of me?" she demanded before her eyes strayed to several steaming tubs of water and bottles of soap. "And get this all set up? We were breaking the frikkin' sound barrier!"

Sebastian chuckled softly. "A Wingshadow butler who isn't always ready to tend his Mistress is not worth his salt," he offered benignly.

Rainbow blinked for a time, then glanced between the 'spatter' Sebastian had mentioned and the tubs. "...yeah, I could really use a wash..."

"We all could," Blueblood observed dryly. "I don't suppose you've arranged areas for privacy?"

Sebastian gestured to two nearby rock formations. "The one on the left is for yourself, your younger brother, and Spike," he explained. "The one in the middle is for Miss Rainbow and the fillies. The one on the right is for my charge." He turned to Scootaloo. "Shall we, My Lady?"

Scootaloo nodded with a soft sigh. "I'll be right back, girls!" she told the others before turning to follow Sebastian around behind the rock...into the tub from the manor, transported here without explanation. Scootaloo didn't question it as she let Sebastian remove her gown and eyepatch before immersing herself in the water. She was just so...tired...

Sebastian smiled down at her as he began to clean her off. "And so the one who brought you such suffering and misery is no more," he observed calmly. "In her last moments, Lucretia confessed to me that she led the attack against your family - and performed the mutilations they underwent - personally."

"So it would seem," Scootaloo allowed, letting Sebastian shift to preening her wings. The careful ministrations began to feel like a baptism almost, or a ritual cleansing.

"There is no one else to hunt down for your vengeance," Sebastian continued as he worked on her hooves.

"No there isn't," Scootaloo agreed, her voice slowly subsiding into a mumble.

"And so the contract is fulfilled," Sebastian concluded, his voice somewhat eager.

"Not even close."

Sebastian blinked in surprise at that. "...come again?"

"The contract was 'vengeance to my satisfaction'," Scootaloo pointed out, opening her eyes to stare at Sebastian. The Contract Seal in her eye glowed brightly. "Did you really think I'd be satisfied by a simple death?"

Sebastian blinked in confusion. "You...wish for me to pursue her into the afterlife to ensure her continued suffering?" he inquired curiously.

"Nah, I'm done with her specifically," Scootaloo continued. "Whoever runs the afterlife can handle what's left of her. But her death was never the focus of my revenge. I wanted her absolute destruction, of her and all her works!"

"You desire I hunt down the remainder of her swarm?" Sebastian pressed, even more confused. "I was under the impression you didn't desire genocide."

"And I don't," Scootaloo explained. "She took my life from me, and tore down everything I held dear, erasing all I hoped to do with my life as me. As vengeance, I sought to destroy her and tear down all she hoped to accomplish, past, present, and future."

"And you seem to have," Sebastian pointed out.

"Not quite," Scootaloo pointed out firmly. "There are three of her goals I have to completely overturn to have my revenge and be satisfied. She sought to become immortal and invincible...and so she is destroyed, and that is one."

Sebastian nodded. "She sought to conquer Equestria, and so her Hive is scattered, the agents in Equestria to be absorbed by Crimson's Hive to serve it."

"And third, she sought to destroy House Wingshadow," Scootaloo declared firmly.

"And so you have rebuilt it with my aid-" Sebastian froze as his eyes widened. "...oh..."

"Exactly," Scootaloo concluded, practically purring with how smug she was. "When you take my soul, I will die. You've told me that frequently. And if I die now, House Wingshadow dies with me." She slammed her hooves on the edge of the tub. "I will not give that witch even that much victory!"

Sebastian blinked in surprise. "Then...?"

"Sebastian, this is an order!" Scootaloo snapped out, rising to her full height in the tub. "Continue in your service to me until such time as the future of House Wingshadow is assured, serving and protecting myself and my heirs to the third generation. Only then can the House's survival be certain, and my vengeance complete."

Sebastian grinned widely. He had not anticipated this. Scootaloo had managed to trick him into an entire lifetime of service under a contract that normally lasted a few years at most...and he couldn't be more excited. That cleverness, to so trick him into giving her vengeance and a full, long, happy life...it just made her soul all the more delectable, that much more worth waiting for when she was satisfied. Bowing low, he uttered the proper response. "Yes, My Lady."

Scootaloo sank back into the tub, closing her eyes to relax. "...did Grell get vaporized by the Rainboom?" she asked curiously.

"She did not," Sebastian offered softly. "I retrieved her before the explosion could reach her. It seemed the least I could do for her assistance."

"...she's going to get into a lot of trouble with the Reapers for reaping to protect me and my friends, isn't she?" Scootaloo asked idly.

"In all likelihood," Sebastian confirmed in a bored tone.

"Then she deserves more of a reward than just being saved," Scootaloo decided firmly. "Besides, she's a resource we should cultivate, if only to learn how to counteract death magic so Filthy might wake up sooner. She still sweet on you after getting the spell?"

"...yes?" Sebastian allowed nervously. "That did not fade..."

"In that case, you should take her out for a night on the town," Scootaloo instructed. "I'll stay with Bluebottle at his place that night, so I'll be perfectly safe. You said it yourself, his skill is at the point that nothing short of you could get past him without dropping a fully grown dragon on his head. So take Grell out on a date, wine and dine her, give her a night she'll never forget and love to remember." Sensing Sebastian's hesitation, she opened her right eye. "That's an order."

Sebastian bowed. "Yes, My Lady..." he agreed ruefully, though his eyes twinkled with excitement. His Mistress was just full of surprises...

Author's Note:

And this concludes the first arc of "Yes, My Lady"...in essence, the first season.

And...here I hit a conundrum. I have more or less plotted out the second major arc of the story and the final ending, but...I don't want to keep writing this story right now. I want to cycle it out of the update queue...and this is a good point to stop to do that. This could even be an open ended ending for the story.

The options I see are thus:
1) I leave the story marked incomplete, and just come back to the story when I'm ready to continue it.
2) I mark the story "On Hiatus".
3) I mark the story "Complete", and make a sequel when I'm ready to continue it.

I've made a poll for it. Please vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13694756

Comments ( 82 )

And NOW he’s finally figuring out as to WHY the CMC are all but feared around town. They are GOOD!

Of course, this means during Sebastian's date, a fully-grown dragon will be dropped on Scootaloo's head.

The only one I have an issue with, a very minor issue at that, is the marking it complete option. That means I won't know when you post the sequel, and may very well not even realize it's there until I stumble across it on accident.

Like I did with Denouement Duet.

Even then, that has the upside of not having to deal with as many cliffhangers. Like I said, minor issue only. Do what you want, and of course walk away and come back later with fresh eyes and stronger fire if you want. I doubt anyone will have a serious bone with you wanting to do this right.

BRILLIANT!

...Grell is going to be in Scoot's Debt isnt she?
....you think she can have kids in that form?

Rainbow yelped as she spun around to face him. "How did you get here ahead of me?" she demanded before her eyes strayed to several steaming tubs of water and bottles of soap. "And get this all set up? We were breaking the frikkin' sound barrier!"

Sebastian could probably rival Pinkie in her field here.

"In that case, you should take her out for a night on the town," Scootaloo instructed. "I'll stay with Bluebottle at his place that night, so I'll be perfectly safe. You said it yourself, his skill is at the point that nothing short of you could get past him without dropping a fully grown dragon on his head. So take Grell out on a date, wine and dine her, give her a night she'll never forget and love to remember." Sensing Sebastian's hesitation, she opened her right eye. "That's an order."

Grell : Wowwww, Sunrise-chan, you just become my favorite mortal pony.

8363157
Well, yeah, now that someone went and said it. It's called tempting Karma... and Karma has no inhibitions.

*Readies popcorn stand.* GET YOUR POPCORN HERE!!! Genuine artificial popcorn guaranteed to make your viewing pleasure even more pleasurable!

... God I can't believe I just said that with a straight face.:facehoof:

8363177
I post blogs tagging prequel stories whenever I post a sequel.

The main reason I mentioned the 'Complete' possibility is exposure. Stories marked 'Complete' but have sequels tend to get more attention than stories marked 'Incomplete' or 'Hiatus' with long gaps since the last update.

8363192
I seem to have an issue with getting notices. I get them, but once in a while the notice doesn't happen. It's how I missed Denouement Duet. I never got a notification about it, nor did I see the blog.

Mark it complete, and I voted. but put a epilog at the end of this one with a link to the next story

8363183
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Also, he tends to hate ponies, specifically for some reason.

Guess we can see shenanigans in the generations to come.

I'd say mark it complete and go with a sequel (voted). You're right, this is a good stopping point, and then you don't have to worry about people forgetting, then coming back and saying "When's the next update?" :derpytongue2:

What a ride! Guess I need to watch the whole show now instead of just the first few episodes... :trixieshiftright:

8363287
Don't forget the addendum. "And if there is a time for which it going wrong will cause a worse reaction than any other time, that is when it will go wrong." I know that's not the actual wording, but I couldn't be bothered to look it up.

I was ready to ask, could Rainbow having dealt the killing blow have been a loophole in the contract?

Clever girl. That was absolutely sneaky there Sunrise absolutely sneaky.

8363192
My vote would be to mark it complete and do a sequel, but throw in the date scene as extra at some point of time.

it might not be on the poll, but i say just whichever you feel best of the options

As it stands, this story is amazing! I love every bit of it. The plot, the characters, the action, the drama.._
13/10! 13 outta :yay:ing 10! Whatever you do, i hope to see more.

8363192
would it be forward of me to ask for an alternate ending chapter? I had kinda hoped that when they all landed after he blast and Sebastion showed back up in front of them, he would immediately turned to Scoot's, in front of EVERYONE, and bring up the vengeance thing, forcing Scoot's to reveal his nature to her friends, the contract, and it's details, their reactions, Sebastion's possible curiosity to their reactions, and then Scoot's subsequent loophole in the contract.

I would LOVE to see that, if possible? maybe? please? xD

Caaaaaalllllleeedddd iiiiiiiiittttttt!

That was a great turn of events. Scootaloo is far smarter than she appears. Nice work on this btw. Guess it's gonna be ending soon though

Why not leave it incomplete for now, then when you're ready to begin again post a small chapter hinting at some sinister new party with a to be continued in x tagline?

Outside of that, kudos! Sebastian her butler unto the grandkids or great grandkids, depending on how one counts generations. Is a wonderful little ploy, devious as a Wingshadow should be.

Well done!

8363474
Sebastian would not do that. Part of the contract is keeping his nature secret from everyone but Scootaloo unless she orders otherwise. That means the contract cannot be discussed in front of anyone not in the know, whatever the situation.

8363474
I must agree that would be neat to see.

8363939
That is a good point.

8363939
awe, well, I can understand that at least, thanks for responding ^_^

I say mark it as complete. I'd suggest, if you do end up creating a new book to continue this story, to add some words onto this title for the continuation.

When Sebastian takes Scoots' soul, will he treat her okay? He won't torture her, right? What will he do with her?

8364207
The soul gets eaten. That's what happens.

8364218
Oh. So it's the worst thing that could possibly happen. Okay.

8363287
Murphy hating ponies dates back to an old prank by Discord that lead to something of a misunderstanding between them...or more acuratly, between Discord and her husband.....

he one on the left is for yourself, your younger brother, and Spike

It should be older brother, because he's talking to Bluebottle

That and 69 percent of the vote says to make a sequel.

Go figure

8364534
Actually, it was the name earlier that was incorrect. :P

8363289

I'd actually like to see the continuation of this follow Sebastian as he helps Scootaloo through the MLP series. Also you can do better Sans.

Given that the poll's just throwing errors at me, I'd vote for marking it Complete, if there's an option to, at a later date, add a final micro-chapter advising that the sequel has become available. That should make it show up automatically in the Unread Chapters of the Library of anyone who's marked it as a favorite.

If I may be so bold as to suggest a title for the sequel story: As My Lady Wishes.

SCOOTALOO IS A GENIUS!!!! And is it wrong for me to want to see Grell-chan and Sebastian as a couple??? I'm fine with this being completed and a sequel coming later, mark it as complete for now and do whatever other fic you have in mind Tats!!!

8363157 Given Bluebottle will be right with her, I can see the two of them kicking that dragon's butt!

I loved it, too bad it's only arc 1... Waiting until the new arc...


Also, a question for Chapter 3...

"The upper three were each one head of Cerberus with a Cutie Mark emblazoned on its forehead: Celestia's in the upper middle, Luna's on the left, and Twilight's on the right. "

What about Princess Mi amore Cadenza?

8377369
Based off the Tree of Harmony, the positions changed post Moonfall to keep people from whispering about Wingshadow's loyalty which might have caused civil war.

Well done

What's the crossover here? Black Butler?

8451873
Okay, thank you for the clarification. I was thinking that Blueblood's parents might have called it off or waited for Scootaloo to come of age and say she was going to marry Bluebottle.

I waited on reading this a few months ago cause i was on a Sweeite Belle story binge and got tired of the cmc for a while.
When i did finally start reading this i could not put it down till it was finished. Wish i read it sooner. It will e added to my reread list .: 3

8453765
Best comment chain 2017

Login or register to comment