• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 8,944 Views, 1,391 Comments

Yes, My Lady - Tatsurou



Scootaloo must step into her inheritance, protecting Equestria from devious criminals and dark conspiracies alike, all while staying close to her friends. Thankfully, she's got the help of one devil of a butler.

  • ...
15
 1,391
 8,944

Chapter 37

The next month passed swiftly for Scootaloo. Each day, Bluebottle would continue his training with Granny Smith and Sebastian. Blueblood had gone back to Canterlot to see to his end of the business, while Scootaloo kept her focus up on her own work, catching up on matters related to the 'official' side of Wingshadow business, the toy sales and the like. While there were other aspects of the unofficial side of Wingshadow business that needed attention, none of them were time sensitive or all that urgent, and she wanted her focus on the present assignment.

When she wasn't working through paperwork, she spent her time with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon. They tended to alternate their time between watching Bluebottle's training, crusading for Cutie Marks for the three founding Crusaders, or trying to catch Granny while she was alone to try and get stories of how she was so amazing in battle out of her (she rarely, if ever, complied there). Scootaloo wanted to spend some time with Rainbow, but she wasn't in Ponyville all that much. While the threat of Lucretia's hive wasn't official, Scootaloo had sent a report back regarding her investigations that an organized threat to Equestria's stability was rising. This resulted in Princess Celestia quietly building up the strength of the various Defender groups that served Equestria. Rather than recruiting massive numbers of troops for the Guard or the Wonderbolts or other such groups, this meant taking anyone who was enrolled in training for those groups with unique capabilities and fast-tracking their training so they could be fielded on the front lines at a moments notice.

This meant, among other things, Rainbow Dash was currently getting a good deal of personal training from Spitfire and Soarin' both to push her to her limits physically and magically so she could surpass them again and again, but also familiarizing her with as much team and military maneuvers as possible. While Rainbow was squealing like a fangirl every morning she took off for lessons, it meant she was sleep-gliding home whenever the marathon sessions ended, leaving her with little energy for anything other than training and mostly crashing - sometimes literally - at Fluttershy's to be tended and keeping her at her peak. On the one hoof, this meant Rainbow would likely make Wonderbolt in record time, which filled her with joy and excitement. On the other hoof, until then she had little time for anyone or anything else unless it was an emergency, at which times she surprised everyone with the vast stores of extra energy and determination she was able to tap at a moment's notice.

To Scootaloo's surprise, Rainbow had actually made the time to write her a letter. Once again, Scootaloo found herself reading it and marveling at it.

Hey Squirt!

Sorry I haven't been around like I used to, but it looks like I'm going to be making Wonderbolt before too long! I just bet you're excited about that, because I know I am! At the same time, there's part of me that wants to ditch some of this training to be there for my 'little sis', especially since I can tell from what little I've seen that some really big things are going down in your life. I really want to be there to help you through that, but I know you'd just say I have to focus on my dream, especially what with all the 'Urgency Protocol' stuff Spitfire and Soarin' are throwing about. At least, that's what your butler said you'd say the one time I tried to swing by early to see you before heading out and you were still asleep.

Speaking of, since when did you have your own butler? Never saw him around you before...at least not before you came back that one time in an eyepatch. Definitely big things in your life.

Well, even if I can't be there physically for you in this part of your life, I'll do what I can. If you need anything, write me or look me up...or get Twilight to send me an urgent summons. I'll be there as soon as physically possible...and since it's me that's saying it, you know darn well it'll be fast!
See you around, Sis,
Rainbow Awesome Danger Responsibility Dash.
P.S. That's my actual name, surprisingly enough. My parents are weird...and the less said there, the better. Hope that puts a smile on your face, though!

Scootaloo smiled as she set the letter aside. She couldn't help but wonder what sort of ponies had produced the Rainbow Dash...especially if they actually gave her those middle names. As she turned to go back to her work, she saw Sebastian enter. "How goes Bluebottle's training?" she asked curiously.

"Exceptionally, my lady," he replied as he moved to her side. "I believe he will have achieved the limit of what I'm capable of teaching him within restrictions by the end of the week."

"Restrictions?" Scootaloo demanded irritably. "What restrictions did I put on you teaching him?"

"The standard ones," Sebastian reminded her. "The ones that say I am not to reveal my demonic nature without direct orders."

Scootaloo's eyebrow rose dramatically. "Sebastian, I've seen what you're capable of in combat. You're saying Bluebottle's pushing you?"

"You did see the latest blade technique he developed, did you not?" Sebastian pointed out. "The one he called the Shatterblade?"

Scootaloo frowned. "Yeah, I saw it. Don't get what's so big about it. All I saw was you striking the magic blade, it exploding...and then you dancing around like you were trying to dodge mosquitoes."

"The blade didn't explode," Sebastian pointed out. "It shattered into thousands of blade less than a micrometer long each, enchanted to swarm the one who shattered the blade, feeding off their magic to sustain them as they seek lethal strikes. It is an impressively dangerous, deadly, and above all clever counter-attack to an especially offensive foe...especially since few foes can even see blades of magic that small."

Scootaloo's eyes widened in awe. "...wow. How many of those can he keep up at a time?"

"He can shape any of his blades he conjures to become a Shatterblade," Sebastian explained. "As I said, he is pushing the limits of my restrictions. I daresay that short of encountering my ilk, he can probably handle anything short of a fully grown dragon Lucretia and her ilk might sic on you, at least as far as keeping you safe until I arrive for rescue. That is your plan after all, is it not?"

Scootaloo nodded. "In that case, it's time to tell Blueblood to set things in motion on his end..."